• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

G. Vice

Smash Lord
The last time OK showed up to ARK it shocked us, that we had some legit players there besides the given AR crew and the memphis guys. But yeah come on down, I believe I have yet to introduce some of you guys to my Ganon.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
i still just have 3rd strike for DC...but i'll def consider getting it for ps3 soon. with heroes' paradise, human revolution, bastion, and might and magic 5 all out my funds that can be allocated towards games is looking a bit slim for the time being XD

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
so guys, ive been telling people i was going to do my own monthlies for awhile. here's what i got so far:

itll probably be at my house until too many people come

i would only do games that are played in our region by our community (probably melee, brawl, and mvc3)

I would charge a venue fee (probably $5 or so) and would only reduce it if you bring a setup we ACTUALLY use

dont know how the rules really go for mvc3 and melee, but i will have janky *** rules for brawl that goes as follows so far

1. I'd liek to see how this rule pans out because i dont like how GF's/LF's/WF's are being ran these days

I would like to try out a rule i thought of recently where stalling--in addition to ledge grab (which the number will be changed by me)--will also be measured as air time vs ground time.

2. I would only charge a venue fee because i would like to introduce a side award for style. Random subjective amounts of points will be awarded by whoever is watching for being flashy/hilarious. an example for brawl would be how dakpo plays in general.

in marvel i found it hilarious when i was in KS that ky dropped a combo on holms on purpose and flew away cause the timer was about to run out anyway.

this will be funded by a %, if not all of the venue fee. which possibly means that the style award could get more than 2nd place hahahahahhahahahah.

3. 3rd place would at least get their money back, regardless of how many people showed up.

Any thoughts?

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
We were actually thinking of continuing Forest's friendlies and starting a club for competitive gaming at OU just to get money from OUSA to fund these events (and then we'd pocket the entry fees to be used towards future bigger tourneys or to fund members needing to travel to big events).

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
ill run the brawl part if you didnt mind. but i do want to test out my janky rules

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
lol I won't be around, do what you want. I really do want that club formed though cause there are just too many gamers who enjoy competitive games at OU that don't get together. Plus we get free moneys to throw more tourneys.

Also Chris, Melty Blood: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4BKvKNaJ04&feature=feedu
Yup, I've seen that clip already lol. Can't wait for the entire OVA to come out. Its a Fate Stay Night/Melty Blood crossover. Apparently its just humor which is fine by me.

Jity

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jitty_009
3DS FC
2363-6509-4817
Me again. Missed the August 20th tournament due to setting up school things. Any idea when the next monthly will be? (Aside from, you know, next month.)

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
There were a good 38 people at this small smash tournament in Couch restaurant that me and Curtis went to. We got 1st and 2nd, and my certificate for winning is now on my wall. LOL

But we passed down word to them about the Smash crew and how we play on Wednesday nights and how we try to go to tournaments every now and then. We may start seeing some new people if the interest persists.

Also, Bryan, would you want to spend a day with me so I can learn how to play Melee and get a general gist of how to play? I want to try and join some Melee tournaments so I'm not just standing around waiting for Brawl matches. Plus I want to help prove that Pichu is not the worst in the game.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
If you want to learn Pichu--me.

I can at least teach you the Falcon matchup. It stops there though cause Pichu can't really compete after that.

Also we're gonna be playing melee tomorrow so if like Bassem, Josh, whoever wants to play some melee (and mebbe 3S, MB, AH, whatevs) we should meet tomorrow.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I could, after 12:30, after I talk with my Japanese instructor. I may hold off on that foreign credit until next semester. Have work at 8 though

:phone:

Jity

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jitty_009
3DS FC
2363-6509-4817
I could after about 2:00 or so, depending on where it's held. (Not entirely comfortable going too far off campus yet, but I'll try for Brawl.)

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Yarr, just let me go to the pawn shop first.

Also Tom, wanna help me buy PC parts? I really don't know what PSU to get atm, and I kinda don't wanna buy a graphics card yet. Not at least until I come back from Japan, but I still want my comp to be able to handle SCII.

Would post wishilst, but for some reason, my public wishlist isn't coming up.

But ya, Tom, Alex, KPEEZZZZYYY, whoever just hit me up with a solid ish build for about 600~ with an I5 processor, no graphics card needed for now.

Scuddlefish

Smash Rookie
I built my pc with the help of a friend and for about 500 and it runs sc2 on full graphics just fine :)
Jiwon's leaving tomorrow. Wish her a nice trip and make me come to more events now :).

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
I'd be interested in going to ARK if we get a carpool together. I don't know what's going on around that time, though, so no guarantees yet.

Also, I'm going to be free after around 6 today, so I'll hit someone up to hang out at that time.

DualCats

Smash Ace
I'd be interested in going to ARK if we get a carpool together. I don't know what's going on around that time, though, so no guarantees yet.

Also, I'm going to be free after around 6 today, so I'll hit someone up to hang out at that time.
I'm planning on going.

breaking news: yawara and I inadvertently smoked at 4:20 completely unwittingly. There is a God, and his name is Frank Zappa. Someone call the police! My address is 546 e cloverfield ln Moore, OK. He's got a gun! Oh **** he's got a mother****ing gun!

DualCats

Smash Ace
Dude, I just don't feel like smashing today. I've done that way too much lately. Tday is minecraft day.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
im kind of switched off on breakfast, but i wouldn't mind doing it if it means seeing you guys.

i dont really want to play brawl either lol, but if we do me and curtis are ont eams

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Bassem is in Kansas last I checked and I got a 250 word Precis I need to type for class, and work at 5. I at least won't be doing anything unless I go gun-ho on the assignment right now and get it done in 3 hours, which isn't likely since I just got off work and my roommates are in the adjacent room playing Black Ops with friends.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
He texted me with a vague "Saturday" being the date, so I assumed he meant this Saturday. I haven't kept up with tourney dates.

Dunno what he's doing then.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
If you guys are going to that tourney, can you bring Royal Ninja's phone charger and Fino's controller back to him????

Top Bottom