• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Man, I'm so glad I had 0 expectations for MvC3 lol I think after Brawl, Blaz Blue, and SF4, I just stopped looking forward to things. The only new fighter that I loved upon release was probably Tekken.

But man, I wouldn't discredit things that Jwong or any other top pros say about fighting games. Especially ones that have been playing 2D fighters forever.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
Blazblue is still pretty good IMO.

As far as that zero to death, EVERY COMBO IS ZERO TO DEATH VS PHOENIX, so I'm getting good at not getting hit. Jwong is kinda being a douche about it right now, others are liking it, besides i fully expect this game to be patched in the future ala-GGXX style rebalances

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
I'm Dante, Morrigan, Phoenix right now...the thing about phoenix is that it doesn't really matter how powerful your opponent is, you will die if you get caught in just about any bnb combo, but her damage output is sooooooo high.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Ya, I saw her if you actually get Phoenix, it seems pretty broke since her jabs shoot fireballs. That + Assists into DHC? <_<

po pimpus

Smash Ace
MvC3 Day One: Chris- 53 wins, 4 losses. Po - 4 wins, 53 losses.

LUNCH BREAK

Chris 55 wins, 4 losses. Po 4 wins, 55 losses.

Why is this dude so good? And how does he have an almost sixth-sense for top tier characters? I won't tell who he plays (should be ridiculously obvious anyway), but his team is already one of the most solid combinations I've seen thus far-- all bases are covered. God help you if he's down to one character and X-Factors... I'm calling X-Factor the Chris Factor from now on, because it's the same **** he's been doing for years:

*Chris is getting beat. He's low on health, he's cornered. I'm almost assured victory. Chris goes Super Saiyan. I Victory Cancel. Rinse and repeat*

That said, I'm loving it. My team right now is Viewtiful Joe/X-23/still looking for a third, but I'm liking She-Hulk, although I think for zoning-heavy teams I may need a projectile assist like Amaterasu's Cold Star or perhaps my old friend Victor Von Doom can help me out. Hmm maybe even Tron Bonne could help if I can land the Viewtiful God Hand and slow some peeps down...

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Cold Star looks beast which is why I want Amaterasu on my team, but that rocket projectile from Doom looks good but really freaking slow. But if I do play, I wanna rush happy team which is why I'm actually thinking of cutting Deadpool for either Chun Li or Magneto, use the Cold Star assist for lockdowns, and have that build meter for Sentinel to wipe the floor cause his combos are just stupid.

Shade_

Smash Ace
?!?!?!!?!? See, I watched step up 3 and there was this dude at the beginning in a black jacket that did awesome stuff. So I tried it, and I really suck at it, but for some reason I have this unusual urge to learn how to flare. So I'm content on learning it. How long did it take you to learn it?

bassem6

Smash Lord
If I had to make Dragon Ball analogies all day, it'd be:

Brett: Goten
Alex: Vegeta.
Bryan: Freiza
Chris: Goku
Pablo: Either King Kai or his monkey.
Brandon: Master Roshi
Andy: Oolong.
Craig/Outlaw/Wes: Androids 16, 17, 18.
Marc: I'm thinking Pikkon.
Babac/Paemon: Those two brothers that fought Gohan and Trunks in the tourney.
Kuni: Olibu.
Hanson: Mr Satan.
Kyle: The entire driving episode.
Tom: Buu.
Gmo/Kpeezy: Gotenks.
Daniel: Yamcha
Tulsa kids: Ginyu Force
Curtis: Krillin.
Bassem: Goku Jr. Or Supreme Kai.
Irish Guy: Tien.
Soliuds: Pan.
Dual Cats: Uub.

No Idea who I'd be.
Epic post is epic.

Yawara would be hercule ;)

xXout_lawXx

Smash Cadet
I actually accidently figured it out. I started breaking with some guys one day, just messing around with some of the stuff i knew how to do, and they told me what i was doing and that it was really difficult. From what i hear it is one of the harder moves to learn. Sadly it is about all i can do for the most part. I can do a flare out of a coffee grinder.

LOL. Sars. You made us the androids. That is pretty funny and clever. Nice. It really sucks that I am not gonna get to smash with you for a long time. Sorry I couldn't make to a going away thing for you. Can't wait to smash with you soon

Bassem, Hercule is Mr. Satan.

Sars, you would have to be Gohan.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Best.

Day.

EVER!!!!!

2-16-11. Immortalized.

Only Forrest would know why, which reminds me. Since you've had and are having experience, I got to ask you questions on how to do it myself.

Shade_

Smash Ace
See, I just want to learn how to flare, windmil, air flare, and helicopter. If I can learn those, I think I can make up my own stuff in between.

bassem6

Smash Lord
I actually accidently figured it out. I started breaking with some guys one day, just messing around with some of the stuff i knew how to do, and they told me what i was doing and that it was really difficult. From what i hear it is one of the harder moves to learn. Sadly it is about all i can do for the most part. I can do a flare out of a coffee grinder.

LOL. Sars. You made us the androids. That is pretty funny and clever. Nice. It really sucks that I am not gonna get to smash with you for a long time. Sorry I couldn't make to a going away thing for you. Can't wait to smash with you soon

Bassem, Hercule is Mr. Satan.

Sars, you would have to be Gohan.
Aww bummer. I'll have to think more deeply into this one then.

DualCats

Smash Ace
Josh, Forest has your Wii because I had to drive people home in pretty much the opposite direction from your house.

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
Woo Sonic Storm, get that buttroleum!

Sorry I wasn't at the Union last night; the gf didn't really want to go and we ended up going to the store from like 11PM-2AM or something. However, she's going home over the weekend, so I'm free for pretty much anything when she leaves tomorrow.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Kuni, just learn the flare, give up on the air flare and the helicopter cause that **** takes like goddamn years to get.

All I've got down is the kipup, basic freezes, and part of a UFO. I randomly did a flare in front of Andy one day when I was high as **** though, and I never ever tried to do one before so I don't know wtf happened then.

Also NAWLINS WHOO

And I'd finish that post up, but holy **** it takes a long time, I'll just tell you in person how awesome I think you are if you're there.

Also if we're into breakdancing now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1jznT7RgiY

Mannnn, floorwork's way funner to watch than powermoves, we should all learn that instead.

Top Bottom