• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Just to post what Bryan just deleted under Kuni's name (shame on you!):

"i thikn im gonna chaneg my name from fanci raven to homosexula peecokc"

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
GET A ****ING VCR ALREADY OKLAHOMA!

I have a capture card that's collecting dust cause we can't get our hands on one. Also, Bryan, text me back if I can stay at your place 'til 9. I have a journalism thing then, and I don't feel like going back to my place for like 3 hours.

Scud

Smash Apprentice
So guys, I am starting to compile a list of all melee players and info about them, including board name, name, gamer name, phone, address, and characters. I am assuming that maybe Hanson can do the Brawl list.
I'm almost done doing as much as I can, and once I do, I'll ask for everyone to give as much info as they can. I am creating an excel file so if everyone will PM me their email address or something I will send it to you. Then you can send the info you have to add to me, preferably through email. Through all of this, I'm hoping we can invite more smashers to fests and just help the community grow :-O.

Like...I want to play craig, wes, tyler, outlaw, auddy and all his friends, etc. The more the merrier....

And seriously....something to record with really shouldn't be that hard to obtain and yet we havn't done it. Let's do it! Is a VCR the best way? Auddy's videos look good..what does he use? ....There's a vcr slot and a record button on the TV in my apartment....

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Hanson finally got a VCR, but TRUST ME! I have done this a bajillion times.

WE NEED A ****ING VCR! There's absolutely no way none of you have one. I need to have a vcr in my apartment anyway to upload these vids because i need it to encode unless one of you feel like doing it for me.

Best way to do this is to have 2 vcrs. That way we can be assured to upload vids at any given time, but if you rely on me, I can't promise constant uploads. It takes a ton of work to encode and upload vids. It'd be nice if I can give the encoded vids to people to upload. Just saying <_<

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Well, the real issue is that I need a VCR, but I guess I can steal Hanson or give him my capture card.

If you want to record off of your own TV, then yes, you need a VCR.

The way it works is this: You hook up a wii/GC to the VCR, the VCR to the TV. That way you can play the Wii/GC game through the VCR, but the image shows on the TV. As a result, you get to record everything on the tapes you have on the VCR.

Now, the next step is you connect the VCR to the capture card to the computer. The capture card allows you to directly connect your VCR to your computer thus allowing you to digitalize all that you recorded and then encode it as some movie format. Then, it's all about using WMM or something to cut up the movies and uploading them on TV.

Thing is though, this process takes a long time. Especially cause there'll be like 6 hours of footage that I'll need to encode, and then have to cut them apart, and then I'll have to upload the vids. It'll be really, really cool if I can just encode, cut, and then like pass out the vids on a disk for all of us to upload. Otherwise, this weekend alone, I'll have like 12 hours of footage that I'll need to work with.

Auddy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Auddy07
I have three rca splitters. What I do is put those in the capture card, then put the rca jacks from the gamecube in one end of the splitter and a second rca cable into the other side of the splitter, then I take the other end of the rca cable and plug that into the tv. I play using the tv and record it onto my computer as a mp4 at the same time. I then upload those videos using the multi video uploader on youtube because you can videos that are 10 minutes long and they can be really big, like a gig or something. That's how I get videos on youtube, and them be high quality.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Wait, Auddy, what kind of dazzle card do you have? O_o

Yours sounds so much better than mine lol

waveshinespike

Smash Cadet
i think he said before that he has a platinum

so let me get this straight.

you hook up the RCA jacks from your wii/GC to the VCR, record it, , then hook up the capture cards RCA to the VCR that you recorded this on (just to avoid confusion, you record the matches from the vcr onto a tape? or what?) and hook up the capture card to the computer (using a usb cable?) then it saves it to the computer, you edit it, and then upload to youtube/ burn on a cd.

did i get it all right?

BBL im going to watch the second half of eagles cowboys game

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Yes, this game is ****ing awesome. This is like the monday night game of the season already. I skipped my journalism meeting cause of this game lol

Auddy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Auddy07
I don't know if your talking to me or not, but a VCR is not in the process at all, for me anyway. It's just a tv, gamecube (or some game console), my Dazzle Platinum, two RCA splitters, an extra RCA cable with two ends and a computer. That's all.

waveshinespike

Smash Cadet
how close would the computer have to be to your game console.. because mine are in seperate rooms...
you could get RCA splitters at radio shack or something right?

Scud

Smash Apprentice
Auddy come to Norman this weekend, bring your friends too. All of you can stay at my place. :)

Everyone seemed to glaze over my post about me compiling all melee players information (assuming hanson or someone else can do brawl players) including name, board name, handle, address, SN, email, characters, phone, etc. Would you guys send me your email address so that I can send it to you and you can give me more info :).

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Yawara

BN: Sars_Pirate/TID
Handle: SARS, NG, GO, HRON, HERON

2900 Oaktree Avenue
Norman, OK 73072
Aim: you know I'm never on. Facebook me.
Sars_Pirate@hotmail.com

Melee
Characters:

Primary: Falcon
Secondaries: Sheik, Fox, Marth
Others: Random, I'll do it.

Brawl Characters:
Primary: Wario/Snake
Secondaries: Pokemon Trainer/Marth/GW/Luigi???
Counterpick: Metaknight. Yeah, it's easy lol

504-231-6099

And also!!!

I just found a program that allows me to use my capture card via my Mac. What that means is that I don't have to go and use WMM anymore. I can just record straight and then cut it with Imovie. that's awesome news.

Only problem is Brett has all 6 tapes me and Andy bought <_<;;;

Can I get those back soon brett?

kpeezy

Smash Cadet
Hey guys... I've just started playing Brawl a few months ago. I'm in Norman all the time but I live in Newcastle. Me and friends play regularly throughout the week in Norman so maybe some of us can get together and play.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I actually think I went to Newcastle a while back. Contact info is up for me, but we usually get together on the weekend. Speaking of which, Hanson?

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
dude, brett, you've got some stuff to edit on that e-mail list...hit me up later and i'll fill in some gaps, including my address :\ (ps - you should put a column for brawl characters and alphabetize the list...also remove people who haven't been active in like 6 months or ever, to get some order and some actual sense of who people can hit up to play smash sometime)

Auddy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Auddy07
Name: Austin Davenport
Nickname: Auddy
GT: Auddy
SN: Auddy
Cell Phone #: 405-207-8935
House Address: 251 NW Pecan Valley Road, Pauls Valley, Ok 73075
Post Office: P.O. Box 1115, Pauls Valley, Ok 73075
E-Mail: auddymd@hotmail.com

And yeah, I will see if some PV kids want to go and we will try to get a ride. And if waveshinespike, if I knew your real name and would call you that, wnats to go just tell me homie. Garvin ftw!

kpeezy

Smash Cadet
I actually think I went to Newcastle a while back. Contact info is up for me, but we usually get together on the weekend. Speaking of which, Hanson?
That must have sucked... Newcastle is a lame place. Anyways, we play as time allows during the week and weekend so let's try to make something happen.

Let me know if anything comes up.

Last edited:

Scud

Smash Apprentice
Did you not check your PMs?
Also I'm planning on making the list I am creating just info on melee players....I was assuming hanson or someone else could make one for all brawl players.

Gravity

Smash Ace
count me out for brawl this weekend. i got stuff to do.

however, the weekend after that ill come play, because the weekend after that is that hobo thing.

still havent asked off for it, i guess i should.

Top Bottom