• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
Did anyone here realize that you can change the angle of Ftilts and Fsmashes on certain characters?

Angled Forward Smash
Luigi, CF/Ganon, Samus, Doc/Mario, Yoshi, Kirby,

Angled F-Tilt
Luigi, Jiggs, Ganon/CF, Bowser, Doc/Mario, Yoshi, DK, Kirby, Zelda, Samus, ICs, Pichu/Pikachu, Falco/Fox, Mew2.

Me and wut? actually did something productive as you can see...
yeah, i new about that. Maybe not with kirby, but otherwise, yeah i knew. It's great with doc, especially when they're right next to the edge. Tilt it down and there's no way to get back.

I was kicking *** with doc yesterday, and young link. F*ck marth.

Gravity

Smash Ace
marth doesnt need to angle his fsmash...

also, angled fsmashes lets samus broken fsmash hitbox be even more broken, and angled ftilts can pwn everything if used right. too bad i always forget about it.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Unfortunately, Luigi only gets use out of angled F-Smash, because the F-Tilt loses knockback when angled. Tilted F-Smash is not really that useful against opponents because of lack of range and poor knockback, which allows anyone with even remotely good DI to just move out of his range and counter-attack.

Thanks again for having me, Brett. Big ups to Pablo for letting me convince him to pick him up... Sorry we stayed later than I planned, but I was having too much fun pwning Chris in SSB64-- Down Air to Up-B FTW!!

Next time, I'll bring my PS2, so we can have some Street Fighter/Guity Gear goodness...

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
guilty gear accent core is coming out for wii. i'm so buying it. and the new ddr. and metroid prime 3 and mario galaxy.

and then i'll have no money left for anything. oh well.

Crackboom

Smash Apprentice
Pro Tip: Mario's forward smash can be angled. When angled up, it gets 1% stronger compared to straight. Angled down, 1% weaker than straight.

I read that on the mario boards. Neat Stuff. Geometry Wars is coming to Wii, I'mma get that.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Grrr... I hate hate hate hate hate hate... hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate HATE LIFE! AND everything that exists, for that matter. I don't even know why, I'm just really angry for some reason that I can't quite seem to fit my hands around...

Just thought you'd like to know.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
for some reason i can't copy and paste the whole post but here is the info for:

Oklahoma State Championship!

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?p=4297523#post4297523
hey chibit, a couple of things.
1) i just got a dreamcast...know where can i get street fighter alpha 3/marvel vs. capcom 2?

2) you can't hold tekken 5: DR as a side event. DR is arcade only. the original tekken 5 is the only one for console. just so ya know. unless you mean the one on PSP >.>;

chibit89

Smash Cadet
hey chibit, a couple of things.
1) i just got a dreamcast...know where can i get street fighter alpha 3/marvel vs. capcom 2?

2) you can't hold tekken 5: DR as a side event. DR is arcade only. the original tekken 5 is the only one for console. just so ya know. unless you mean the one on PSP >.>;
1. i dont know myself but i'll ask my friends, i know for sure DC is able to burn bootable copies of games so it should be easy for you to obtain. i know Po Pimpus has alpha 3 for ps2 if you really need it.

2. hmm, i thought there was some version for ps3 but thanks for the heads up, i'll look into it.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
1. i dont know myself but i'll ask my friends, i know for sure DC is able to burn bootable copies of games so it should be easy for you to obtain. i know Po Pimpus has alpha 3 for ps2 if you really need it.

2. hmm, i thought there was some version for ps3 but thanks for the heads up, i'll look into it.
hmmm...could be one for the ps3 but who has one of those? :p

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Angled up f-smashes are stronger for every character and have greater knockbacks. Angled down has lower knockback. So if you want to KO with f-smashes better, get good at c-sticking f-smashes upwards.

And I'm getting some guys in my dorms more into smash . . . One of them was defending smash saying it wasn't a waste of time to get good at it because of tourneys lol.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
lol those guys still don't like playing me though. And I had to painfully watch them play in a 99 stock match for an hour thirty . . .

Crackboom

Smash Apprentice
That reminds me of one time back in high school. i was talking about smash bros with a class mate and he tells me he rocks at that game so I invite him over to play me. Well, turns out he is Kirby and spams Down B. Now I have to kick this guy's *** until he decides to leave. Awkward...

Shade_

Smash Ace
I think its really mean to break peoples spirits if they say stuff like, oh yah i own at that game, or yah i am soo good, then when you actually fight them, and find out they really arn't. I always hold back and make it close so they still want to continue playing. Or else they get all emo, or like f this game, im not gona play it anymore.

thats just me though.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
kuni's a liar, he 4-stocked me in marth dittos the first time i ever played him!
what a jerk.
j/k

also, there's a kid at my school who looks just like craig but with jet black hair.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Lol Shade, what was that you said about looking down on sandbaggers-except-Pablo-because-he-draws-good? :p

Aha, I am the first to post here after the great down-time of 2007, *****es!

po pimpus

Smash Ace
LOL @ you whippersnappers... I've been crushing noobs' dreams since '99... and that was WITHOUT advanced techniques...

Chibi, you know the Po is down for that tourney! Smash fo sho and I'll also be giving my money away in the 3S tournament Also, I officially invite Chris to be my doubles partner, if he will have a nine-time loser like me as his partner...

Oh, yeah, been playing Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, and Ike friggin' owns... I seriously think he is the best Lord in the entire series. Only Hector can match him in awesomeness. Sorry Marth(who kinda sucks in his OWN GAME) and Roy(who DOES NOT SUCK, but can't hold a candle to either Hector or Ike).

Gravity

Smash Ace
i tihnk i win the award of not holding back...anyone remember me repeatedly 4 stocking that 6 year old girl at MGC? right in front of her dad too.

TraparFire

Smash Rookie
stop complaining, if someone were to hold back against you, you're still the best bowser i know. plastic cup face-labels and all

Scud

Smash Apprentice
I would play in a small starcraft tourney :-)...idk who would be my partner. Yawara, Pablo, Andy? Hopefully someone who plays lawlz.
Andy I admire you for ****** little girls.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
*coughBabaccough*:laugh:
Yah, its true, I do hold back against you chris, I just dont want you to feel like you arent any good when in reality...ok you suck pretty bad, but its ok. We all still have love for you.

Pabulo's bowser is the best Ive ever seen.

Also, Ill go to that tourny if I dont have to work.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
It does make them stronger so they won't be as traumatized when they get to college. Andy deserves a medal.

*is shot*

Crackboom

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of ****** little girls. There was a little girl named Mercedes (or some other car name I forget) shopping at the store where I work today. My coworker and I were joking that she is already doomed to be a stripper.

So, Smash, huh? This thread is lively tonight

Crackboom

Smash Apprentice
HOLY ****ING ****. that's a great 100th update. Online play was all up in the air then they were like BAM YOU GET ONLINE PLAY WORSHIP US!

This is so exciting. We can all play each other every freakin' day. I wouldn't be surprised if they have online tournaments.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
OuO...
I'm so happy right now...
The only thing that would make my day even better right now is if Sonic were confirmed...
<.< >.>

Well, I think this means we ALL need to get everyone's Wii #s now...

po pimpus

Smash Ace
YES!! Online CONFIRMED!!! Now, I can play anyone, anytime, anywhere. It's on now... First thing I'm gonna do is beat the hell out of all those cocky, whiny, complainers on the Brawl Boards. Of course, it's not like that's going to be all that difficult, seeing as I could probably beat them with both hands tied behind my back and on fire(TM RastaImposta), but they still deserve it for all the *****ing they do.

Seriously, how can ANY update which contains information on Brawl(be it something expected being confirmed, or a brand new feature) be a bad one? I personally have enjoyed every single update up till now. Yes, that includes How To Play features like 'You Must Recover!' and 'Smash 101'. But, I guess that's just because I'm one of the few people on these boards with the common sense to realize that every update can't be a new character or a never-before seen feature. You can only do so many of those before you wind up giving away all the secrets, you know?

Enough of my rambling, I'm off to declare war on all the elitist, whiny. self-important, *******es on the Brawl boards...

Top Bottom