• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
yeah, GT, bring your smash equipment :)
i get to spend the rest of the day cleaning the living room. however, my room, which smash shall also take place in, will be a little messy, but oh well.

the room will just be an extra place for the 3rd TV, and we can use it to speed up power ranking matches, but for the mini tournies and the crew battles we will use 2, and 1 television(s), respectively

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Hey Reno, can we get a count of who's going so far? I really want to keep the number of people on each crew even, and with smashers being absent on the lists, I propose we revise our player set-ups at the spot. Favorably keeping the whole O.F. crew on one team (heh), though we idealistically want to have an "equal" balance of skill between both teams.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
Vegafuse, Derrick, Heath, Po, Marc, Pay$, Gt
Kos-Mos, Shade, Dart, Zinth, Andy, Scud, Reno, Shanx

hmm, looks a little uneven, now that coty is gone. we should keep norman together, edmond together, shade and dart together, and the OF crew together.

maybe OF+Shade+dart(and maybe shanx or pay$) v. the rest of OK? any other team seems unbalanced. like, OF+edmond=****. OF+norman may balance the team, so maybe scud and i could be with OF? shade and dart with OF sounds more fair, though.

so i think it should be either OF+shade and dart or OF+norman as one team.
and whoever's left as the other team.

so, chris/pablo, work out who gets norman and who gets the brothers, or come up with another plan, i guess. you have...a few hours! hurry! :p

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
ahh this is sad. All i've been able to do to get ready for this is play dirge of cerberus.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Good, Derrick is coming :demon:

Gt, I'll probably pick you up around 12ish. Do your parents know that I'm picking you up? Btw, one of my parents will be the driver, not me.

SSBM_Master, I do not believe that I have your address. Also, this is going to be at Reno's house. His address is:

1920 Frost Lane
Norman, OK 73071

Gravity, I'm going to PM you Rasta's address right now. I had it on my computer.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Wow, that was a good team match. I want to see Aho use Marth though, not Fox :ohwell: Even though Marth isn't that great at Corneria >_>

Anyway, you all had better watch out, because I'm aiming to take first at the power rankings tomorrow :evil:

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
gt, you still down to bring guitar hero if i bring a ps2?

hazygoose, rep'd

rasta, i hope to dear god that youre awake by noon when i get over there.

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
well i don't think there's enough room in grav's car for me, babac, pay$, shade, kos mos, AND my guitar and amp. Sorry. At least Reno's got one.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
here we go...the power rankings, with rank, name, number of wins(out of 24 matches), and power ranking points, which i will explain how they work after this list:

1st) KOS-MOS, 23, 200.0
2nd) Shade, 22, 180.0
3rd) Gravity, 18, 165.0
4th) Marc, 17, 145.0
5th) Reno/Zinth/Derrick, 14, 130.0
8th) Pay$, 13, 115.0
9th) Heath, 8, 100.0
10th) Po Pimpus, 7, 90.0
11th) Shanx, 6, 80.0
12th) Gt, 2, 65.0
13th) Vegafuse, 0, 50.0

(unranked- Scud, South_Paw, Dart, Rasta Imposta, Keroku_the_Thunderwolf)

power ranking points will only be "transferable" from tournaments. this includes mini tournies with 12 or more attendents, all big OOS tournies people go to, and all OHSNAPs. for each win (best out of 3 , not each single win), you will receive 10% of the points that someone has, and they will lose that. for instance, if gravity were to beat shade, gravity would get 18 points, and shade would lose 18. tada!

+rep for hosting this 11 hour ****?

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Man, I sucked major caca *** during the power rankings. I mean seriously, I sucked it ****ing hard, like I've never sucked before.

I kicked ****in *** in the crew battle though :demon:

I'll have to make up for it in tournaments... once I become asian enough to beat Shade and KOS-MOS >_> I mean jesus, I prepared my ****ing *** off for this...

Gravity

Smash Ace
man wtf i just got home. we got lost on the way back from norman, and didnt get back til like 1, then i stayed at rastas and played smash till like 3:30, and we took the scenic route to kuni's house. then it was raining like a mofo and i had to go like 5mph....

also, reno, i left my wallet there, so ill probably be there tomorrow to pick it up, like around noon probably...

also, we should make a thread for oklahoma power rankings...

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
we shouldn't make a whole new thread for power rankings...no one really cares but us :\
plus, we don't want to seem to egotistical, we cun run our humble little business here.

Shade_

Smash Ace
True plus some of them like vega are a bit inacurate lol.

Zinth when you get the vids done, I wan't to show my bro the vids so that he at least sees where every one is at in skill.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
you guys call it "vids", i call it "vid" since there's just one long one :p
or, it will be after it is done being edited and whatnot.
i can't wait to see it...again. :p

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
True plus some of them like vega are a bit inacurate lol.

Zinth when you get the vids done, I wan't to show my bro the vids so that he at least sees where every one is at in skill.
dont forget mine
its horribly inaccurate
i didnt even play pablo
forfeiting power rankings is strange
where u hiding ur power for crew battles?

anywas
kuni show ur brother mine and tell him
"dont do that!"
i still think the name of my part is
Gt gets his *** handed to him
lol
hey paemon STD is next saturday
i was just wonderin y not erlier
i mean fall break is this week (for most skools)

Shade_

Smash Ace
Eh either way i cant wait either
lol don't worry youll get beter, we all sere once the same way. It just akes time, some people get better really fast and some people take a bit, depends, but still just keep trying and things will get better.

It was nice to finally get to meet everyone to, all of you are better than what I originall expected. If we keep this up then I feel we will be able to give dallas a run for their money in the near future.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Gt, you just need to practice with Gravity and I and you'll start to get used to our level of play. Also, your fight against Reno was really stacked against you; Roy is generally screwed against Sheik.

Also, if we started a power ranking thread it'd probably get locked, because apparently statewide ranking projects aren't allowed, cause that's what happened to AZ's power ranking thread. Of course, we can still keep it in this thread though.

I'll start editing the vids together today. I don't have the pictures for everyone though... :ohwell:

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
GT, Fall break starts THIS week, the STD is THIS saturday, he wrote that like on friday, thus saying "this saturday" would imply the upcoming saturday, "next saturday" would imply not the upcoming one, but the one after the upcoming saturday.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Why waste fall break by holding something on thursday? The best players in the state are Vegafuse and Spaw, and they work during the week, Vega gets (If I remember correctly) friday and saturday off, and Spaw has to work alot too, Im not sure of his days off though. Vega's crew all have jobs, so its more practical to have more people over if we have it on a weekend.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
Why waste fall break by holding something on thursday? The best players in the state are Vegafuse and Spaw, and they work during the week, Vega gets (If I remember correctly) friday and saturday off, and Spaw has to work alot too, Im not sure of his days off though. Vega's crew all have jobs, so its more practical to have more people over if we have it on a weekend.
okay thx
i was just wonderin but now i kno
kant wait till saturday

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
who's pics are missing?

just edit in pics of a teddy bear for vegafuse.
and corresponding symbolism for each person with no picture(heath and derrick and whoever)

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Ok, the editing is done, the program has been compressing it, time remaining until I get a complete file is about 78 minutes, then it may take 30 minutes or so for me to upload it. Hopefully I'll have it online before I have to go to bed...

Top Bottom