• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Okay, U-air stalling officially deserves its own topic.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
This technique is so unbelievably gay, and with one little talk with Teh Spammerer, that just put this technique way over the top.

So here's the lowdown. G&W's U-air. A very good attack. Hits twice and can kill vertically, but if you miss there is this HUGE *** hitbox that blows people upwards with wind.

Firstoff, this is very good for one reason. IT CANNOT BE PUNISHED AT ALL IF DONE RIGHT.

There are only like a few characters that can easily escape it by DIing. Characters that are clearly worse than G&W, such as Wario, Jigglypuff, and Yoshi. No worries here.

All other characters, they need to DI off of the stage, air dodge, or occasionally drop projectiles which doesn't usually help since G&W's U-air can often blow like Link's bombs back upwards. Or Snake using C4 has punishable lag. That kind of ****.

What puts this above everything else:

RedAxelRanger (11:44:04 PM): his uair refreshes his other moves even if the part taht blows
RedAxelRanger (11:44:07 PM): is the only part that hits

Holy ****, so you've spammed your F-air a million times (which you shouldn't have in the first place, but whatever). Your opponent is now above you. Jesus Christ, and every time you use that attack it makes everything else you do stronger. Now hit someone with your F-air again and watch them writhe in pain.

Seriously, I call that god tier automatically if anything.

People, start U-throwing and U-airing. Now.

thesultan2112

Smash Apprentice
u-air is an awsome move, especailly if you can catch the perso right after they use their upb, , , , it's tough to do, i've only done it once, but i was able to uair to push the opponent of the stage, where they had no choice to fall to their death

napZzz

Smash Hero
..........convince me more on how its useful against the characters who are'nt heavy weight or cant protect themselves in the air. I'm still not fully sure why I should try to start doing this as an offensive move like how you said uthrow to uair. The only time I even really see it used is when something is above you already and you can just do it. Now I dont want to start an argument like I do everywhere I go usually, just tell me some more things on why this move is so good please.

thesultan2112

Smash Apprentice
........... I'm still not fully sure why I should try to start doing this as an offensive move like how you said uthrow to uair.

it's not really an offenive move , i';ve always used it to slow down the game, or take back control of the game

Neb

Smash Lord
..........convince me more on how its useful against the characters who are'nt heavy weight or cant protect themselves in the air. I'm still not fully sure why I should try to start doing this as an offensive move like how you said uthrow to uair. The only time I even really see it used is when something is above you already and you can just do it. Now I dont want to start an argument like I do everywhere I go usually, just tell me some more things on why this move is so good please.
I don't think he was expressing it in offensive terms, he was trying to tell others ways to get foes in the air to puff some uairs and refresh your move repertoire, that is if it works.

@A2ZOMG
So this is confirmed, for sure? If it really does, I agree it needs a guide on how to keep others afloat, how to set-them up, how to punish, refresh, etc.

DGMavn

Smash Apprentice
Just as an example:

I do fair 5 times. My opponent is at 120% and I'm having trouble landing smashes on him. I grab, upthrow, uair stall 5x. My fair is now at full strength. I kill my opponent with it coming down.

Recognize

Smash Journeyman
Wow. I just juggled this DK for 45 seconds straight with U-Air. This is too funny.
He ended up just quitting the match...

napZzz

Smash Hero
holy **** it does unstale your moves thats ****ing tight I'm using this more. And I would'nt call this god tier though.

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
heh i was waiting for this information to become public... yeah its good for refreshing your moves and for messing with people who like to do laggy aerials that they would expect to land on the ground with. For example some snake players like to auto cancel their nairs as their coming to the ground, but i'll just puff them up and then punish them because they can't do anything about it.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
I assumed it did this and never tested, so I've been using this to refresh my moves.
Confirmation is nice :D

I mean, this is an attack on stupid things like petey pirahna when he jumps above you, so it having a hitbox that's added to the stale move queue isnt far fetched.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Teh Spammerer sees G&W as no lower than 4th place, and easily competing for either 2nd or 3rd place with Snake and DDD (MK is in first place due to having no disadvantaged matchups EXCEPT maybe Snake who he can omnigay anyway if he wants to grenade camp).

holy **** it does unstale your moves thats ****ing tight I'm using this more. And I would'nt call this god tier though.
Well the hitbox for this practically unpublishable technique that makes G&W like the best camper in Brawl is like one of the largest of all hitboxes in the entire game srsly. =)

Outcamp like everyone with the U-air. Refresh your kill moves at the same time if they don't air dodge (if they do, hit them after the invulnerability wears off). Then kill them (and you already have too many easy to land kill moves). Sounds too good for anyone to me. And if your opponent bothers using Wario, Yoshi, or Jiggs just own them with your huge*** priority and superior kill moves.

@A2ZOMG
So this is confirmed, for sure? If it really does, I agree it needs a guide on how to keep others afloat, how to set-them up, how to punish, refresh, etc.
Sounds cool, if anyone else has tricks to this I'll add them to the opening post in this topic I guess.

I guess honestly, G&W's B-air isn't really his best aerial when you have this ****ing gay technique right here. XD

That means we're going to need a new name for this. I mean don't we already have silly stuff like Turtling/Ninja Turtle/The Turtle/etc for the B-air or not lol?

Neb

Smash Lord
Hahaha, we just called it turtle. But for uair, Blackmage named it trumpet...blowhorn? xD

Lovage 805

Smash Champion
Uair blow has always been **** because how it forces people to airdodge and get punished
are we sure that it refreshes moves, because that is toooooooooo good

Neb

Smash Lord
Haha, its a joke. Someone a while back said "its not a trumpet, its his mouth!", so yeah, we started calling it Mouth just for gags, lol.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Uair blow has always been **** because how it forces people to airdodge and get punished
are we sure that it refreshes moves, because that is toooooooooo good
Teh Spammerer said so. =)

I dunno, at this instant I was actually thinking about calling it "Blowing Stuff Up" but "Mouthing", lmao.

Neb

Smash Lord
Lol, are you serious, thats what where gonna call it? First it was a joke, now it may be official, x3! Is the name for the refreshing action, or the technique itself?

Neb

Smash Lord
Mouthing, Blowing, Jobbing, lol, a humorous name would be win. But yeah, don't spread anything until we agree on it.

napZzz

Smash Hero
snake is current number 1 actually to mk A2ZOMG. Tournament placings determine tier placement, and snake is beating out mk in tourneys, consistently owning his face. THe omnigay never even works anyways.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Yeah I see the tourney results. Generally I've heard different opinions from the professional players I talk to though.

The fact MK can omnigay however is actually a reason for Snake to not liberally use nades though. =P

MK is better though. He doesn't get owned by DDD, Wolf, Falco, ICs, and other campy characters. Snake gets owned by those characters unless they don't know how to camp, and it's pretty much fact they outcamp him and destroy his approach at the same time. 3 of those characters also chaingrab him easily, wheras MK is much harder to combo in any situation. One of those characters I don't even think belongs in the high tier, but he owns Snake. MK MIGHT lose to Snake technically, but he has matchups that are like 5x better in most situations.

Tourney results are nice and all but not really tier lists. Tourney results are also determined by popularity and professional player density favoring those characters.

napZzz

Smash Hero
Even if a snake is using his nades alot the omingay is still hard to pull off, and the snake player already knows mk is probably going to try it anyways so its never a threat more like an advantage because snake knows when mk is going to rush him to grab him and use that as an advantage to dodge or counterattack after disposing of your nade course. And wtf are you talking about? Snake is probably easily the campiest character in the game if played right and snake counters most characters in the game and does'nt really have any bad match ups. Besides, if mk is so much better why is'nt he doing as much as snake is everywhere there are tournaments? Oh yeah! Thats right! Because snake is constantly beating him at everything he tries!

Neb

Smash Lord
Even if a snake is using his nades alot the omingay is still hard to pull off, and the snake player already knows mk is probably going to try it anyways so its never a threat more like an advantage because snake knows when mk is going to rush him to grab him and use that as an advantage to dodge or counterattack after disposing of your nade course. And wtf are you talking about? Snake is probably easily the campiest character in the game if played right and snake counters most characters in the game and does'nt really have any bad match ups. Besides, if mk is so much better why is'nt he doing as much as snake is everywhere there are tournaments? Oh yeah! Thats right! Because snake is constantly beating him at everything he tries!
D'you see this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7ftpF10U1M
lol.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
@doodmahn: Someone named Omni discovered that Metaknight's U-throw could kill Snake if Snake held a grenade and it exploded while that happened. This is how you are supposed to counter his grenade counter.

Let me just tell you, that Teh Spammerer is probably better than both of us. And HE told me recently how Snake gets owned in ways MK doesn't.

If Snake tries to cook a grenade, that means he needs to maintain control over it, and that means he actually has to hold it since if he drops/tosses it most players will glide toss it back at him before he can do anything else.

But enough of MK vs Snake. MK's matchups are better than Snake's.

Snake almost always gets outcamped by people that have actual projectiles. He may technically be the campiest character in the game, but this does not mean he is the best at actually camping when the matchup is in fact a campfest.

So here's my favorite example. Wolf. Spam the blaster against Snake. Wait for Snake to realize that he needs to approach you, then do something like D-throw him off of the stage and meteor him until he dies. You win. Seriously. It's because you stop him from using grenades, force him to approach, BUT WAIT, the problem for Snake is he CAN'T approach with his Mortar Slide when you spam blasters. Simple enough. Snake loses to other campers. Even the weekly BR discussion said so. And sad that Snake loses here, because I'm under the impression that Wolf sucks enough to not be high tier.

Similar **** with Falco since Snake is forced to crouch when Falco uses Blasters. Then Snake has to get around a CG to 60% and a D-air gimp. Even ICs outcamp him and destroy his Mortar Slide with dumb Ice Block spam and then CG him to death. Seriously, Snake against a lot of campers is almost as much of a losing situation as Gdorf against campers.

Those are only the ones I clearly remember off of the top of my head from my talk with Teh Spammerer (I'm pretty sure he's got a post somewhere on the internet, but I can't remember where). The best part is how MK has the advantage against all of those campers I mentioned because he isn't paralyzed by camping because of way better approach options.

I'm pretty sure Snake is more popular than MK right now. Also MK is a more difficult character to use compared to Snake because spacing and responding quickly is much more critical.

And Snake has been proven to actually have bad matchups. MK's ONLY remotely bad matchup is Snake, and he has advantage on everyone else. Most characters Snake does good against, MK does better against anyway except for maybe like Jigglypuff, who sucks anyway.

Losing to 1 char >>> Losing to like 5.

Bud

Smash Journeyman
you can airdodge out of it, but it really frustrates people when you need to get that upsmash at 80%. also if you catch people in their up b recovery you can keep them unable to move and maybe force them off the map.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
:(
Zorak Bane will not be happy... he was doing this technique when I had the japanese version of brawl. Back then I was always wondering why he would keep me in the air, I thought it was just to be annoying, but he later told me the purpose to it.

I dont incorporate this technique in my game, but I think i'll start throwing it in there now.

napZzz

Smash Hero
who the **** is teh spammerer and do you want to suck his **** or something? And since when are you guys breaking snake. G&W is just bad against mk so dont bother trying to "break" him.

Top Bottom