• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ohio smashers, where you at? (List of Ohio smashers)

Greenpants

Smash Cadet
Kyle here. Located in North Royalton, OH. A bit outside Cleveland.

Playing smash 4

Wii u tag is "Greenpants00"

Last edited:

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
Chris, AKA Eon. Been inactive on the boards for a long while, brawl's community would've known me far more than melee. Been meaning to get involved again, but I could never seem to find anyone near me for friendlies besides 2 people back in my part of Cleveland, so checking in to see how close I am to melee/brawl/64/4 players locally in Columbus. Specifically, I live in Grove City and lack car/reliable transport :(.

(For record, if Cbus has any sort of interact map like NEOH does, someone please point me towards it. I want someone to play with to get me back into shape, maybe even help coach me.... I'm ever so rusty ;_;)

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Mmm, I am back now with Smash 4 and I am in Cincy. I wonder if anything really changed here.

EDIT: Disregard, this is Melee thread.

Last edited:

CNSavidge

Smash Rookie
NNID
CNSavidge
3DS FC
3754-8640-7473
CNSavidge - Marysville. (Near Columbus)
Not sure if I count because i have yet to enter a tournament.
I'm primarily going to play smash 4, but I still love Melee (which i'm not very good at) and Project M.

Last edited:

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
lots of cincy melee guys. but they are scrubs and prob dont use swf.

Nawse

Smash Rookie
Yo I'm Nawse. I play Melee and a little PM.

I'm from North Royalton. I'm looking for a Melee partner so send me a msg if you're relatively close and willing to play. I'm only 16 btw, but I have a car and can drive so that's not a problem.

SoulPech

Smash Master
Just wanted to post this real quick:

For those who are near the Columbus, OH area OR are interested in coming to OH for tournaments, We have a facebook group that you can Join HERE.

We also have a Social Thread and a Power Rankings Thread for Project M. We also host other Smash events as well. Check us out!

Last edited:

Sp1nda

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
Yoho, live in North Canton. Never any tourneys close to here sadly!

Corwin4TheWin

Smash Rookie
I'm Shawn and it really depends on the time of the year! During summer break and winter break (along with other short breaks I may receive) I live in Eaton Ohio. It's a small town at the edge of the Indiana/Ohio border. During the school year, I'm in Oxford attending Miami University

Eiche

Smash Rookie
NNID
EicheNeo
3DS FC
4957-3252-6900
Hey, Delaware city resident here. :p

I play mostly Smash U (and 3DS), but enjoy playing other smash games. I've been playing a bit more seriously heading into the new games, so not exactly great yet haha. Would love to play someone in some friendlies, but I have been looking at some tourneys.

... don't exactly have the means of transportation yet but I should very soon. Can probably meet some people once I do. I lived in Mount Vernon for 5-6 years so I wouldn't be opposed to heading that way either since I know the area.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Man this thread is old AF. I don't feel like updating anything.

If you guys are looking for facebook groups in correlation with your area in Ohio, that's the best way to get in touch with other smashers these days. Here are the main ones:

North Eastern Ohio (Cleveland):
https://www.facebook.com/groups/NEOHBURGH/

North Western Ohio (Toledo):
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1396649643918505/

Central Ohio (Columbus):
https://www.facebook.com/groups/OSUMelee/

Southern Ohio (Cincinnati):
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cincysmash/

I saw people posting about wooster too, so I'll mention that a lot of the colleges have their own smash groups too, wooster being one of them.
These are some of the ones I know, but there are a whole hell of a lot more:

Wooster Smash:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/217357741745834/

Kent State Smash Community:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/339197652913500/

Case Western Reserve University Smash Club:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/592607514207358/

NOTE:The Ohio smash scene primarily consists of Melee and PM players in recent years, so most of these groups are melee groups.
These are all still the biggest groups for each region of Ohio, and there are a ton of members in them other than just melee players. No matter which group you join, you'll be able to find players in your area who play whichever smash game you prefer.

Last edited:

RedBeefBaron

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redbeefbaron
i live near dayton and columbus are there any groups that play smash 4 around here
I'm in Springfield which is close to both of those. Looking to find or start a scene around here. Where are you at? Any others in the Dayton/Springfield/Columbus area?

Smoose

Smash Rookie
NNID
battleread99
I along with a group of friends live in North Canton, and we'd gladly enter a tournament around us

MOHadam

Smash Cadet
I live about 10 minutes north of Columbus. (Delaware ohio near alum creek). I'm a scrub but I need someone to practice with.
Your location info says youre from Athens, if I remember correctly Ohio University has a little bit of a scene. Also I know that Columbus is home to one of the larger smash scenes in Ohio. From what I hear theyre mostly into PM, but you should join the North East Ohio facebook group and get acquainted with some of the smashers that live in both areas. You wont have too hard of a time finding someone near you I bet.

Last edited:

Anarchymatt

Smash Rookie
Your location info says youre from Athens, if I remember correctly Ohio University has a little bit of a scene. Also I know that Columbus is home to one of the larger smash scenes in Ohio. From what I hear theyre mostly into PM, but you should join the North East Ohio facebook group and get acquainted with some of the smashers that live in both areas. You wont have too hard of a time finding someone near you I bet.
OU has a great scene! I only live in Athens when college is in session! Even though I'm 10 minutes out of Cbus it's 40 minutes to get to OSU campus from here. I don't mind driving down for ROOM's and stuff on Sunday but in regards to like "Hey wanna come over and smash?" I have nobody near me =( I appreciate the help!

Top Bottom