• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OH SNAP! v4.0 - Sexcellente Southwest ROYAL RUMBLE! [11-22-2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
ummm...well the good news is i'm 100% sure i'll be there ^.^ i'm sad at no melee doubles though, that's like my favorite event in any smash game (brawl and 64 doubles are tied for 2nd though :p)

as far as brawl goes...i guess i'll cough up the money to lose 2 rounds in singles low tier! maybe even doubles if anyone will take me as their partner... put me down as ike as OK or CT :]

i'll bring my camera to capture some of the fun (and for a montage afterwards because....this NEEDS a montage) and a wii+melee and memory card. i'd bring brawl but i'm 99% sure my wii in oklahoma does not have crap unlocked (it's my sister's bf's) so blah :( i don't ask to take any money off my entree fee though, just halping out.

more importantly, i can also house like...probably up to 8 people. hit me up on aim if you know you're coming and need housing about 5 minutes away from the venue. first dibs go to people i actually know and/or like.

edit: making this post bigger...

and bolding the important stuff

yep. be sure to see that last part, OOSers.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
more importantly, i can also house like...probably up to 8 people. hit me up on aim if you know you're coming and need housing about 5 minutes away from the venue. first dibs go to people i actually know and/or like.
Alex, you are the ****ing man and my hero. I've updated the front page with a new section specifically dedicated to out-of-state housing assignments in lieu of this expansion of housing options. =) And yes, I will still take you up on the offer to revamp the front page's header image at your earliest convenience.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Just to throw this out, I'll house 3 people. Sorry, but I can't do too much more than that cause my roommates aren't too keen on that idea >_< However, I will try to be the best host possible :D As much as I love to trash talk TX, I still love TX peeps so I will be willing to house you.

Also remember that housing is first come first serve!

Also, we need just one more place to house TWO TX players for now. Someone please! step it up and get to this?

[edit]

How about we start promoting this event later to Arkansas, Missouri, Colorado, New Mexico, and Kansas? If we can guarantee double the amount of interest within our own state, this has a legitimate shot of being a big name tourney.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
How about we start promoting this event later to Arkansas, Missouri, Colorado, New Mexico, and Kansas? If we can guarantee double the amount of interest within our own state, this has a legitimate shot of being a big name tourney.
You mean...

A Southwest State Crew Battle Tournament?!

BALLIIIIIIIIIIN'!

xFr3nLixPhYr3x

Smash Rookie
Just to throw this out, I'll house 3 people. Sorry, but I can't do too much more than that cause my roommates aren't too keen on that idea >_< However, I will try to be the best host possible :D As much as I love to trash talk TX, I still love TX peeps so I will be willing to house you.

Also remember that housing is first come first serve!

Also, we need just one more place to house TWO TX players for now. Someone please! step it up and get to this?

[edit]

If you have trouble finding housing for 2 people from one state, why tell 5 other states?

Monshou_no_Nazo

Smash Journeyman
Add me to the list of confirmed participants. I main Marth.

Also, if I do get to go, I fully intend to bring a Wii, TV, and a copy of Brawl.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
the lot of the locals here live in dorms and are roommates, or live about 45 minutes away. from norman.
I'm not too worried about it. As I already mentioned before, our primary focus for this tournament is to revive a rivalry with our nearest and most significant neighbors in Texas, although other states are more than welcome to come and participate as well. Obviously, we'll only have enough room to house most if not all Texan participants. We'll more than likely hold off on the regional crew battle idea if other states aren't interested or aren't keen on paying for their own housing for the weekend.

Anyway, the main thing I wanna stress here for Texans is that you guys need to settle your arrangements ASAP so that we can figure who all is staying where. The only people that we truly have confirmed are Xyro and Kown, as they've already purchased their bus tickets for arrival in the OKC metro area during the morning of the tournament. Everyone needs to let us know what their status is soon!

I love the idea of regional crew battles, and if we can't get it off the ground for this OH SNAP! (not likely), then I do have very specific arrangement ideas for the future for all parties involved. This, of course, is entirely dependent on Texas' participation in this upcoming event of ours, so don't disappoint us! Even if it doesn't sound completely practical on paper at this point in time, I think we're allowed to at least be excited at the prospect and definitely gives us something to work toward.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Like Hanson said, the tourney is aimed to attract TX people so getting them involved is our first priority.

Our second priority is making it worth it so we have to jack up the pot. WE get local kids to come, the pot will explode in size which will be balling.

That's the incentive for the rest of the OoS players. I'm actually getting ready to do hotel research for those days. If we can get the attendence up, we'll just refer the ones we can't house to go to certain hotels but let them know though that it'd be worth their while coming since the pot will be _____ much.

chronoize

Smash Journeyman
hah that football idea got me a lil excited, if i bring a football would yall want to play if we need a lil break from smash?

waveshinespike

Smash Cadet
lol, nobody wants to money match the little kid...

they are all scared ;) ....jk
But seiriously, I could be able to money match a few people.. but im poor :( like.. 45$ and i have to spend some on that capture card. so >: (

anyways,
IM WEIRD............ GO EAGLES, raised in okila and liking the eagles......

California boy has to go and be a tard and drop the ball before he gets into the endzone, he pulled off a teddy gin junior on me...

And the football thing sounds cool, Im down for football, but Im like.. what you may call ....short (?!?) and id get eaten if i was to play >___>

Auddy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Auddy07
So there is like 29 Oklahoma people and 16 Texas people coming, so far... So, who all gets to be in the crew battle? There isn't enough spots for everyone, so how do we decide? Unless more Texas peeps show up, or some Okies don't show up, we have a conundrum.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Young D, I'll block for you and make sure you get big runs.

And Auddy, we might do a two team system if it gets that way. :p

Or we can do Japanese style crew battles which is everyone starts with 3 stocks, and you go down the line. They did this actually in a EC vs WC japan crew battle like back in 06, and I think Aniki took out 12 people himself or something. That's ******** lol But they ended up losing regardless.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
OH YEAH, SIGN ME UP.
Don't worry guys, with the mystical power of Brawl Wifi, It'll be like I'm really there!
Le_THieN tested what trans-continental wifi is like, it's almost lagless I tell you.

Gonna own all you scrubs without moving my *** an inch.

Also, dibs on Hylian for doubles partner.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Wait, so Vyse is actually going <____<

Is he really from Australia? Or am I getting mindgamed hardcore right now?

Also the only inch long thing associated with Texas is [you know where I'm going with this, and I don't feel like being creative]

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
If you're referring to how my ***** is an inch from the ground, than I demand to know how you found out.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
If you're referring to how my ***** is an inch from the ground, than I demand to know how you found out.
He saw you laying on your stomach.

OH **** SON.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
WHY DON'T WE BE MATURE AND TALK ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE THAN *****ES

Man, you guys are killing this thread.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Wait, so Vyse is actually going <____<

Is he really from Australia? Or am I getting mindgamed hardcore right now?

Course I'm Australian lol. MINDGAMEZ
Like I said, I can attend via wifi :laugh:
jk jk

Le_THieN linked me this thread while we were talking on AIM, so I felt compelled to leave a message.

pianodude700

Smash Journeyman
dear god this thread is tasty
it's whetting my teef's appetite.

i probably can't come
but IF I CAN

OK is getting a taste of TEXAS LUCAS

OH SNAP SON! KEEF + TEEF COMBO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom