• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oh oh, looks like bad news for DLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
IGN.Com said:
In a shocking turn of events, Masahiro Sakurai, the head developer of Super Smash Brothers Ultimate is considering cancelling development of all Fighter Pass 6 characters with the exception of FIghter 6 itself.

The reason is because of of events related to he global Corona virus, which Sakurai fears may put too much of a hold on the development of the DLC for Smash Bros. Ultimate itself. With all the corporate meetings, travels, and other things going on that the virus has been affecting, Sakurai may drop the development of the game's DLC altogether.

"I just don't want to risk continuining all this if this virus keeps going on," The developer of the Smash Bros. games said. "I have already indefinitely postponed the DLC for the game, and if I wait too long, I don't see any good in finishing all of the downloadable content at such a late point of time. It's something that would not be in my best form of interest."

That is so say, Fighter 6 of the DLC pass will still be released, but when it will be released is yet to be announced, as well as the fighter itself. All that is known is that the fighter will be coming from the Nintendo Switch game, ARMS. Who it will be remains to be seen, but it should come soon, though. Even though the rest of the DLC may be cancelled, the first fighter, having already been worked on, would be a waste to cancel as well.

"I am woking on on the sixth fighter of downloadable content for the game." Sakurai told us when speaking about the DLC fighter. "All I can say right now is that the fighter will be from ARMS, and will have unique mechanics. Now, even if the rest of the downloadable content does not get released at all, I have faith that people will end up enjoying this character when it is announced and released."

Fans continue to speculate who this mystery character for the game may be, but overall, if Sakurai does cancel the rest of the Fighters Pass, it would be a huge disappointment for fans of Smash Bros. worldwide. What will be the final fate of the DLC for the popular Nintendo fighting game? We will just have to wait and see.

We will let you know when more news on the situation comes and keep you informed.
Source.

Man, what do you guys think of this?

UserKev

Smash Champion
Good news. Sick of DLC. I just want a new Smash now.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
>IGN
Even if it wasn't April Fools, it'd still be a joke.

Besides, Push hasn't gotten around to the latest Fami column yet, so that's a red flag.
That Famitsu article you are talking about wasn't the one I meant. I could have worded it better, of course, but I meant one of the last ones before the one Push has not gotten to.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I thought one of the previous ones said that development would be delayed/put on hold, not cancelled altogether. Was there misinterpretation?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I thought one of the previous ones said that development would be delayed/put on hold, not cancelled altogether. Was there misinterpretation?

Click on the OP source.

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
I Still want my Playable Geno!!

P.S. I Miss my Smash ball Avatar with a Geno Hat to support my favorite Character in SMRPG

Oh Well; It'll probably be back on 4/2; Since by then APRIL FOOLS DAY WILL FINALLY BE OVER!!

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, the day is almost over. To any mod reading this, you can lock the topic now. It has served its purpose.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Well, the day is almost over. To any mod reading this, you can lock the topic now. It has served its purpose.
Nope, not closing this. In fact, I’m stickying it, tweeting it, promoting it to an article, sending it to the White House as a proper way to approach the pandemic, printing it and framing it to give to my children, and recommending you for the Noble Peace Prize. AND YOU WILL LIKE IT!!!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Nope, not closing this. In fact, I’m stickying it, tweeting it, promoting it to an article, sending it to the White House as a proper way to approach the pandemic, printing it and framing it to give to my children, and recommending you for the Noble Peace Prize. AND YOU WILL LIKE IT!!!
Very funny, wise guy! Should have seen that coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom