• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Zelda Moveset (NEW MOVE!** MAGMA BEAT CONFIRMED!)

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Hey there guys,

The other moveset thread doesn't seem to have much information on actual moves confirmed, so I figured I would ask the Zelda community to post pictures of her moveset, and we'll have a reference to look at.

Bold Words/Phrases are indications of the move being confirmed. Moves are subject to change, as the game is still in development.

I'll do my best to update this frequently.

GAMEPLAY VIDEOS:

Direct Nintendo Feed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3CugGrHnF0

SPECIALS

Nayru's Love
B

Din's Fire
Right/Left + B

Now has a sweet spot in the center. Immensely powerful, according to Sakurai.

Farore's Wind
Up + B

IN ACTION (3DS)

Phantom Slash
Down + B

Brand-new down special for Zelda. She conjures a dark magic and releases a suit of armor that, when making contact with an opponent, attacks with a two hit combo. If the Phantom is hit with an attack, it will fall to pieces, taking the hit for Zelda. It can take quite a blow, as it was seen taking a fully-charged Charge Shot from Samus (which Sakurai confirmed Samus' Charge Shot was made a lot stronger). It is theorized that the Phantom will be able to take priority over weaker attacks, or anything that deals below 22%. Seems to be a very strong move, and a quick defensive option. This move is also chargable, and its assumed the power or most likely distance of the attack increases based on the amount of time spent charging. This move is treated as a projectile and can be reflected. Finally, after Zelda casts the Phantom, she can move freely while its attacking. Her left hand glows purple, which is speculated to mean she either cannot use her down special again for a set amount of time, or she might be able to move/control the Phantom while its active. It does seem to disappear quick if it does not make an attack, however.

NORMAL MOVES

Short Flash

A

Magical Push
A (while running)

Protective Sweep
Up + A

Mystic Swipe
Right/Left + A

Trip
Down + A

Power Sweep
Up + A (Smash)

Shining Palm
Right/Left + A (Smash)

Compass Spin
Down + A (Smash)

Magic Spin
A (in the air)

Condensed Blast
Up + A (in the air)

Reverse Lightning Kick
Back+ A (in the air)

Lightning Kick
Forward + A (in the air)

Meteor Heel
Down + A (in the air)

GRABS

Magical Hold
L + A or R + A or Z

Hex
Grab opponent, then hit A

Levitation Launch
Grab opponent, then hit Up

Levitation
Grab opponent, then hit forward

Reverse Levitation
Grab opponent, then hit back

*NEW!* Magma Beat
Grab opponent, then hit Down

This move is identical to her previous down throw, Plasma Beat, however, she will BURN opponents this time, rather than shock them.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I think you should add the fact that she's still "Subject to change" at the top even if the moves end up staying the same anyways.

It would also be cool to have any know data on them added. I'd love to help with what I know if you were to add that. ^ ^

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
I think you should add the fact that she's still "Subject to change" at the top even if the moves end up staying the same anyways.

It would also be cool to have any know data on them added. I'd love to help with what I know if you were to add that. ^ ^
Sure, go right ahead, and I'll add it to the OP.

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
Very nice.
Reverse Lightning Kick (10%)
Back+ A (in the air)
Does the 10% indicate the bair is now weaker but easier to "sweetspot" so timing isn't difficult?

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Nice initiative. ^^

Looks like apart from her new down B, nobody expects much change from Zelda.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Nice initiative. ^^

Looks like apart from her new down B, nobody expects much change from Zelda.
Yes, not much, but there certainly have been good changes noticeable from the direct. ;) Like run speed, second jump, and Farore's wind being faster.

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
Yes, not much, but there certainly have been good changes noticeable from the direct. ;) Like run speed, second jump, and Farore's wind being faster.
She has new animations for some of her moves, like her fair. Normally Zelda covers her face when she's kicking, which I honestly liked. However, its really refreshing to see her have new animations. That way she feels different. It was probably an idea from Namco I'm guessing, as in each Soul Calibur game, characters animations change immensely, even though they retain most of their original moves.

Melee:

Brawl:

Smash 4:

There's a VERY noticeable change. Her right arm is in a checkmark like formation, which seems really inspired from martial arts (Tekken influence IMO), while her left arm is pushed out and upwards more.

I hope the kicks retain their Brawl - pause like hit when you land the sweetspot. I REALLY enjoyed that. It always felt better.

Also, added this to the OP under Phantom Slash:

Phantom Slash
Down + B

Brand-new down special for Zelda. She conjures a dark magic and releases a suit of armor that, when making contact with an opponent, attacks with a two hit combo. If the Phantom is hit with an attack, it will fall to pieces, taking the hit for Zelda. It can take quite a blow, as it was seen taking a fully-charged Charge Shot from Samus (which Sakurai confirmed Samus' Charge Shot was made a lot stronger). It is theorized that the Phantom will be able to take priority over weaker attacks, or anything that deals below 22%. Seems to be a very strong move, and a quick defensive option. This move is also chargable, and its assumed the power or most likely distance of the attack increases based on the amount of time spent charging. This move is treated as a projectile and can be reflected. However, if Zelda retains her Nayru's Love special, she might be able to reflect the Phantom back at whomever reflected it at her, otherwise known as Phantom Baiting. Finally, after Zelda casts the Phantom, she can move freely while its attacking. Her left hand glows purple, which is speculated to mean she either cannot use her down special again for a set amount of time, or she might be able to move/control the Phantom while its active. It does seem to disappear quick if it does not make an attack, however.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
She has new animations for some of her moves, like her fair. Normally Zelda covers her face when she's kicking, which I honestly liked. However, its really refreshing to see her have new animations. That way she feels different. It was probably an idea from Namco I'm guessing, as in each Soul Calibur game, characters animations change immensely, even though they retain most of their original moves.
Only FAir is actually different though. All her other confirmed moves are only changed visually concerning her dress and hair really. I went and cross-checking all of her confirmed move's images to Brawl and the way her arms, torso, and legs move is nearly identical for ALL the rest of her moves in Smash 4.

I'm kinda hoping that that pic of her FAir is a WiP though. Because while cool, it could use a bit of touching up.
(Fun fact, you can tell the difference between "early development" and new in images of Zelda by how her shoulder armor is placed. In older ones, they didn't correctly match up with her arms. This can be seen in the original Phantom pic VS the new ones.)

Also, I like the little bit you made for the Phantom description. :) It looks good.

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
Only FAir is actually different though. All her other confirmed moves are only changed visually concerning her dress and hair really. I went and cross-checking all of her confirmed move's images to Brawl and the way her arms, torso, and legs move is nearly identical for ALL the rest of her moves in Smash 4.

I'm kinda hoping that that pic of her FAir is a WiP though. Because while cool, it could use a bit of touching up.
(Fun fact, you can tell the difference between "early development" and new in images of Zelda by how her shoulder armor is placed. In older ones, they didn't correctly match up with her arms. This can be seen in the original Phantom pic VS the new ones.)

Also, I like the little bit you made for the Phantom description. :) It looks good.
Thanks! :) And yeah, I'm hoping more of her animations are changed. I love how her ftilt looks now. The slash magic effect looks amazing.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Didn't really notice this one before.
Stickyi'ng as I post this.

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx

Uh, those names are from the Official Nintendo Power guide from Super Smash Bros. Melee. Unless any of the moves changed names from an official source, they'll remain what they are.

If you're referring to the names being sexual innuendos, however, I think we can be a tad more mature than the typical 13 year old.

Bad_Pantz

Smash Apprentice
Zelda's is quickly becoming one of my most anticipated smashers. Thanks for the compilation.

Jackson

Smash Lord
What impact do you guys think the Phantom will have? It looks like an awesome special. it piqued my interest for Zelda in this new game.

Morbi

Scavenger
What impact do you guys think the Phantom will have? It looks like an awesome special. it piqued my interest for Zelda in this new game.
It honestly appears to be a decent knock-out (kill) move; or at least I assume it is. Zelda could always use more of those, it is a buff in my opinion. It certainly adds an aspect of her character not previously seen, that can only help.

Jackson

Smash Lord
It honestly appears to be a decent knock-out (kill) move; or at least I assume it is. Zelda could always use more of those, it is a buff in my opinion. It certainly adds an aspect of her character not previously seen, that can only help.
True. There's more to be seen of its function, such as how it performs when used in the air.

Morbi

Scavenger
True. There's more to be seen of its function, such as how it performs when used in the air.
That will certainly be interesting to see; I foresee something like a dropping slash (seems obvious, but you never know). I feel as though it will probably help her spacing, especially in the air.

Jackson

Smash Lord
That will certainly be interesting to see; I foresee something like a dropping slash (seems obvious, but you never know). I feel as though it will probably help her spacing, especially in the air.
I feel the same. Either the Phantom will slash as it drops to the ground, or just fall and slash.

Downdraft

Smash Ace
I'm concerned that its effectiveness will be heavily minimized by the abundance of reflectors and presence of power shielding.

Top Bottom