• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

Seishiro

Smash Apprentice
i gotta agree, i think mewtwo was a pretty big downer compared to what everybody expected him to be, but i believe sakuri will make some changes and improve him. I also want roy to stay really bad. Besides hes my main and i find him fun and competitive to play with. I guess they should get rid pichu and add a new pokemon to the scene: like hitmonlee, hitmonchan, or even lucario since they all stand upright and there fighting types. I think they would have a nice moveset be kinda fun to play with.

JCrest87

Smash Journeyman
I'm almost certain that they will take out Roy since hes practically Marth, which kinda sucks cuz i always thought Roy was cool, but it just makes sense. Yeah hopefully they will make Mewtwo better, i hear they are putting in Deoxys as a Mewtwo clone though. That would be pretty cool if its true.

D

Deleted member

I posted this in the Wolf thread, but I think it really belongs here.

I bought Nintendo Official Magazine (Issue 8) today, and on a recap of Fox's past on page 119 it mentions that 'his first Wii appearance will be on Super Smash Bros. Brawl".

Note the 'will.

Does this mean Fox is confirmed?

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
I'm guessing that it's an assumption. There was another magasine which mentioned Pit would be fighting alongside Snake and Captain Falcon, but it sounds like they are assuming they will return.

That said, you could pretty much say they are confirmed, as there really isn't any reason that they shouldn't br. They are both the main characters of their franchise and have been around since the first game. The only thing is that they aren't officially confirmed yet.

Gaudion

Smash Apprentice
I skipped over a vast majority of this thread, so forgive me if any of this has been beaten into the ground and beyond.

I think it would be a fairly safe assumption that all of the characters that were in the original 64 version will return. They weren't cut in the trasition to Melee, so why would they be now? I would say the same of all the starters and "unique" characters in Melee. I don't see any of them getting the boot, but I suppose it's possible.

As for the clones, I would like to see some of them return with drastically altered movesets, and some taken out.

Falco: I like Falco as a character, but he really needs a moveset that differentiates him from Fox. The only major difference between them in the last one was the effects of their lasers. I'd hate to see him go, but if he's not going to be original then he's baggage.

Young Link: This guy can take a hike. Seriously. Does anyone ever main him over "regular" Link? He serves novelty value and that's it. If they really want to salvage him they should turn him into Link from Windwaker (even though I hated that game) and give him an entirely different tool set than adult Link.

Ganon: See Falco. Once again, I like him as a character, but he needs more to him than just being a slower, stronger Falcon.

Roy: Get rid of him. No, really. Don't even try to salvage him. Maybe he's huge in Japan, I don't know, but does anyone over here care or even know who he is? If they're really jonesing for another FE character to accompany Marth, there are a myriad of more interesting and varied characters they could choose from.

Pichu: What... You're kidding, right? Come on. Even if they changed Pichu so that his moves no longer pwn his own self, he would still be just another Pikachu. They've got, what, like 250+ Pokemon now? I know they can give us something better. The only reason to ever play Pichu is so that you can prove how much better you are than your opponent by humiliating him.

Zelda/Shiek: These two seriously need to be seperated into two entirely different characters. No one--and I mean no one--even plays Zelda as is. Really, it's not that she needs to get better so much as Shiek needs to get toned down... and Marth, and Fox, and... well, I digress. But my original point here still stands.

Glitch-Mew2

Smash Journeyman
I'm almost certain that they will take out Roy since hes practically Marth, which kinda sucks cuz i always thought Roy was cool, but it just makes sense. Yeah hopefully they will make Mewtwo better, i hear they are putting in Deoxys as a Mewtwo clone though. That would be pretty cool if its true.
where did u hear about the deoxys thing?

IKillCauseOfVGs

Smash Cadet
I was also really dissapointed with Mewto's weak moveset, considering he's supposed to be almighty with the psychic and what not.

I wish they would keep Roy in but they'll probably put in another FE character instead. And Gaudian, of course people "over here" care about Roy, and we definitely know who he is. You are on a board dedicated to SSB, of course we all know who Roy is, I mean, he has TEH PHIR3!!!!!!!111!!!!!(shift + 1)!!!!!11!1!!!!!!!1. Any smash player who doesn't know him is a moron, not to sound like an *** or anything. Of course he's also fairly big in FE, as big as anyother character at least, except Marth.

kill_shot

Smash Journeyman
I will not include characters that are confirmed.
Jigglypuff.
Peach
Luigi
Roy or marth
zelda
fox
falco with new move set
yoshi
dk
capt'n falcon
ness
others will be replaced or removed in my opinion.

Crazy Ace 01

Smash Apprentice
You took out {Bowser, G&W, Mewtwo, Ice Climbers} and all the clones except Falco!
How about some reasons! They (see brackets) are all coming back. I bet money on it.

You know, when I unlocked everyone, and when I played with them, I thought, *Wow, Roy has these cool fire attacks. Marth sucks!* Ah, ignorance is bliss. I've always liked Roy as a character, but I think he is going to be replaced my an newer Fire Emblem character.

Pichu: What... You're kidding, right? Come on. Even if they changed Pichu so that his moves no longer pwn his own self, he would still be just another Pikachu. They've got, what, like 250+ Pokemon now? I know they can give us something better. The only reason to ever play Pichu is so that you can prove how much better you are than your opponent by humiliating him.
Uumm... yeah. Took the words right out of my mouth.

Crazy Ace 01

Smash Apprentice
Sounds like a rumor to me :ohwell:

Pichu, Dr. Mario, Young Link and Ganon need to GO.
Gannondorf is a great character; he needs his own moveset, not removal from Smash. His sword(s) offer a lot of potential, but I think he is an effective fist-fighter - he definitely needs new B-moves though, whatever the case. Captain Falcon and Gannondorf have nothing in common, character-wise.

I think that Young Link should stay, but with an updated Wind Waker moveset. I could care less about the graphics, as long as the gameplay is good and the graphics don't hinder the game; cel-shaded link could be a YL costume. Or cel-shaded as the main thing and a realistic YL as a costume. I think some people took the graphics change a little poorly. Who cares? Wind Waker was a great game, and I pity those who missed out because they didn't like the graphics. I thought they were stupid too, but it was a great game, and the cel-shading grew on me. Besides, I think YL could get a lot of powerful, creative benefits if they draw moves/equipment from Wind Waker.

Case and point: Super Mario World. Bad graphics, awesome game. Well, bad now.

JCrest87

Smash Journeyman
Sounds like a rumor to me :ohwell:

Gannondorf is a great character; he needs his own moveset, not removal from Smash. His sword(s) offer a lot of potential, but I think he is an effective fist-fighter - he definitely needs new B-moves though, whatever the case. Captain Falcon and Gannondorf have nothing in common, character-wise.
I hear they are also bringing back Ganon, but not as a Falcon clone. Apperantly he is going to be given his own moveset wich involves his sword alot more. But like i mentioned this isnt all confirmed, just 'highly likely' rumors heard from E3

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Gannondorf can easily have a new moveset, they could base it around the big sword he has, the two katanas he has in Wind Waker, magic, it's not to hard if you think about it. Just make him a bit faster

Jossy

Smash Apprentice
i think JCrest87 is getting his information from another thread in this board... namely the one where people are making the new character selection screens and told us that they want ganon to use his sword more and that they would like a zelda wind waker version.

nice try though... :)

and before getting mad i said "I think" ...
I also think that we should avoid rumors to not get disappointed...

Gaudion

Smash Apprentice
If they're going to revamp Ganondorf's moveset they need to focus more on sorcery than his sword. If you look at his many appearances in games he doesn't even use that sword 99% of the time, and for that matter, he's also had a pitchfork. But he has always been a sorceror, and I think that's where they need to start with his B moves.

And Gaudian, of course people "over here" care about Roy, and we definitely know who he is. You are on a board dedicated to SSB, of course we all know who Roy is, I mean, he has TEH PHIR3!!!!!!!111!!!!!(shift + 1)!!!!!11!1!!!!!!!1. Any smash player who doesn't know him is a moron, not to sound like an *** or anything. Of course he's also fairly big in FE, as big as anyother character at least, except Marth.
Well, I'm afraid you didn't try hard enough, because you really did sound like an [CENSORED] there. Give my cognative functions a little more credit than that.

I'm well aware that any Smasher, especially on this board, knows who Roy is. What I meant was that most people probably don't know Roy as a character in his own right from the FE series, and with good reason. The game he stars in hasn't even been released over here, so unless you've imported it or gone out of your way to do research on him, he's really nothing more than Marth Version 2.0 to anyone.

DarkMaggot

Smash Rookie
thats cool about ganon but can someone please explain the situation with Dr Mario. is it definate the he's going?

kill_shot

Smash Journeyman
You took out {Bowser, G&W, Mewtwo, Ice Climbers} and all the clones except Falco!
How about some reasons! They (see brackets) are all coming back. I bet money on it.

You know, when I unlocked everyone, and when I played with them, I thought, *Wow, Roy has these cool fire attacks. Marth sucks!* Ah, ignorance is bliss. I've always liked Roy as a character, but I think he is going to be replaced my an newer Fire Emblem character.

Uumm... yeah. Took the words right out of my mouth.
Bowser:He is slow and not very good or used.
G&W:He might.Or a better zelda character.
Mewtwo:He is ok, but I think deoxys will replace him.
Ice Climbers:There gone,maybe a plusle and minum team ?
They sucked.........almost no one likes them .

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Just because Bowser isn't as used as Sheik, Marth and Fox doesn't mean he should go. I'm sure plenty of people do use him anyway. Besides, he is possibly the most important character in the Mario series besides Mario himself, so there's no way he's going.

I don't see why G&W would be replaced by a Zelda character specifically, if he's being replaced at all (I'm not saying he's certain, but I can't see a good reason not to include him). And I don't see why Mewtwo would be replaced by Deoxys, they're different enough to be incredibly different.

And I like the Ice Climbers, and there's no way I'd tollerate Plusle and Minun taking there place (why would Sakurai replace someone as unique as the Ice Climbers with a pair of Pichu wannabees?)

Seriously, the only characters that I'd say won't be returning are Pichu, Doc, Young Link and Roy, and at a strech Sheik and Falco. There are other characters that may also not be high on the returning list, but the 4 I mentioned will be the first to go.

GENERAL FALCO

Smash Rookie
FALCO BETTER BE BACK BECAUSE HE IS THE TRUE MASTER OF SUPER SMASH BROTHERS SURE SOME OF HIS MOVES ARE A LITTLE WEAKER THEN FOX BUT AT LEAST FALCO CAN PULL OFF FASTER COMBOS THEN HIM.:laugh: :laugh: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Gaudion

Smash Apprentice
Bowser does get used. He happens to be my main, in fact. He's just not a win button like Shiek or Marth or Fox, which is why almost no one plays him when it gets to be crunch time in tournys.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
No one's ever actually given a real reason why they think the Ice Climbers are being cut. Of COURSE the Ice Climbers aren't being cut. Sakurai has said numerous times that he wants to help bring back some of the older and more obscure characters. He started that with the Ice Climbers and Game & Watch. They aren't going anywhere.
i dont know how everyone else feels about the ice climbers for brawl; it seems that there is a high likelyhood of them being included, given that sakurai loves retro characters. i have mixed feelings about them. first, i think the IC's are one of the most origional characters in this game. im not to good at using them(desynching and chaingrabbing are too hard for me to learn), but i love watching people play as the ice climbers because you have to play them so much differently than every other character. its a hard art to master. that being said, i find that every time i have to play against the IC's im like, "urggh, i hate them!", and for no good reason. i think they were just a tad annoying to fight against. i mean, they completey countered faster falling characters, its very hard to work throws into combos against them cuz thers 2 of them, and i disagree with the effectiveness of their WD->dsmash. it had too long of range, was too powerful, to quick, and too easy to pull off. i would prefer that if they stay, they would be remade to become more of a single entity, like some people's ideas for new doubles characters. make it so even though there are two of them and both get an attack, its just the animation of nana swinging and flying around. characters grab them both at the same time and throw them, and they both go flying. rather than have a separate partially controllable character, just make it the image of that character so they fight double but are actually single. although i think it sounded better for the other doubles characters i heard about, it would be easier to fight against them.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
The dual part was the most uniqe and cool thing about the IC's, there are other ways to nerf them, and I don't think they'd really be top of the nerf list anyway, Fox, Falco, Sheik, Marth, Peach and Falcon should all be nerfed before them.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
The dual part was the most uniqe and cool thing about the IC's, there are other ways to nerf them, and I don't think they'd really be top of the nerf list anyway, Fox, Falco, Sheik, Marth, Peach and Falcon should all be nerfed before them.
i do think it was cool but its equally annoying. although many other ppl disagree with me, and yes i realize that making them a solo entity would change the whole idea of a fighting team. i just thought that mabye i would like fighting them better? idk. and what does "nerfed" mean? not farmiliar with that terminology.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Nerf means making the charcter worse, like Kirby, Pika, Ness and Yoshi were nerfed in Melee.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Nerf means making the charcter worse, like Kirby, Pika, Ness and Yoshi were nerfed in Brawl.
o0o and yea i was nerfing them lol. your right that makes them a much worse character. mabye we just get many more characters into brawl and then there will be enough other cool ones that i will never have to fight an IC again. kirby and pika should deffinatly be a balanced version of their 64 and melee selves.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
Ok, so you think that 5 characters with completely original movesets should be removed? Because, according to you, they "suck." No one likes Ice Climbers? I wasn't aware that Chu Dat was going by the new alias of "no one." I bet you play Marth, don't you?

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
Instead of nerfing, they should just make the lesser characters better :) .

Crazy Ace 01

Smash Apprentice
...lame!
They are getting removed cause I think they sucked isn't a very good reason. Bowser isn't slow, he is laggy. His airials especially have very fast execution, and many people use him. All it takes is an L-cancel and Bowser rocks. Also, the Ice Climbers aren't going anywhere, and even if they did, there are 150 pokemon I would pick to be in over Plusle and Minum. What would they be, a team of Pichus? :laugh:

I think they should both nerf the "good" characters slightly and improve the "lesser" characters slightly.

papayasown

Smash Journeyman
I really don't think Marth and Roy will return. My logic for this is that Fire Emblem is an ever-changing game, much like Final Fantasy. The stories always change, so they would want to update the characters.

Secondly, it has been confirmed that one of the levels is a Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance castle. This means that Path of Radiance characters will be in the game (assuming they keep up the trend of playable characters also having playable maps). Hector and Ike come to my mind as replacing marth and Roy. So I doubt Marth and Roy will be returning.

GenG

Smash Lord
I really don't think Marth and Roy will return. My logic for this is that Fire Emblem is an ever-changing game, much like Final Fantasy. The stories always change, so they would want to update the characters.

Secondly, it has been confirmed that one of the levels is a Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance castle. This means that Path of Radiance characters will be in the game (assuming they keep up the trend of playable characters also having playable maps). Hector and Ike come to my mind as replacing marth and Roy. So I doubt Marth and Roy will be returning.
Although the castle in the trailer isn't Daein's.

Top Bottom