• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Washington Melee thread

lol the second you say youre leaving everyone says ****. you better not quit ciz, our scene would be hella gay without you.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Yes. Although, they aren't nearly as easy to find as you'd think. They're so easy to find in airports, but then you go outside of the airport and you hardly see Kit Kats anywhere D:

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Our thread only works because we are good friends Toph. We been hanging out, going to skool, hawaii, friendlys, movies, scopin *****es etc etc.

We were all good friends already.

We just have to make sure with the fb group that we actually use it and not just make it cuzz it was a suggestion. lets implement that ****.

Ive been adding anybody from WA smash, including ric, derilink, gimpy and ka. Ill talk with adam about making some sort of drug deals with the canadians to get **** poppin. cuz Im pretty sure their scene is very similar to ours. and then there is OR.

right now we need to focus on actually knowing the WA ppl first. if I have to choose between random WA player 3 and sion, lol. We are doomed.

this might be a good chance to get brawl players into our scene. lil dmacs and **** u kno

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Calling somebody who beats you in melee tournaments a "little brawl player" isn't very professional, Kline. LOLOL

numberonenacho

Smash Lord
Dude C!Z, I hope you're not like bummed out about losing to me or something. That'd be a bit insulting honestly.
Even though our scene is small I think playing with the top 5 makes it really fun for me.
I have people like Teddy, Otto and Shane which are better than me and those people are the ones I'm trying to beat and learn from.

It's tight having you in the scene because we're almost like rivals, in that we're about the same skill level and I never know how the set is going to go.

Then we have a bunch of other people who are decent that I'd usually win against.

I dunno, I think I have a good situation honestly with you involved. People who **** us, rivals, and noobs. We have it all dude! Dude!!
And honestly, when you and I play there's usually a crowd and sidebets. So there's some hype right there.
I still have a bunch of fun watching Shane and Otto in gf and we have Teddy as a wildcard that can randomly **** everyone.

I dunno dude, it really boils down to if you still have fun playing the game or not. Like if you still have fun when its just Otto you and I in his basement then don't quit. If you're not having fun at those times then yeah you should quit.

I do agree that our tourneys are on the smaller side, but I always think of it as practice for out of state.. So as long as top 5 are there I really don't mind too much.
You can't tell me you didn't have fun at the last GC dude. You know you liked cheering during crews and stuff.

The last two crew battles have been pretty hype actually, so if anything I think our hype is growing. I see all the lower players getting into too. :D

Basically I think you'll really regret if you stop playing and then want to start back up later because you won't be as good and then you'll actually quit for good like Gimpy or Nate. :(
I don't see why you can't play more than two games. You only play melee a couple times a week.. so adding MvC won't be that bad. Plus you'll probably be playing with Shane and I anyway, so we can always have a fest with both games.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
LOL FYI, you all just missed a **** story that MY told us lmao. about MWking and silent wolf and ken. MWk is evil and plays brawl.

@toph-I said get brawl players into the scene....lil dmacs as in other brawl players will be lil dmacs..***** lol.

I deserved to lose to Dmac....but you vish. Be insulted *****. be insulted lol. You got lucky in crews :151:<<--- wAsup lol.

numberonenacho

Smash Lord
hahaha.

Dude C!Z don't quit,
Then I'll be stuck with people that are noticeably better than me and noticeably worse.
**** that ****, I need a person of close skill level.

._.

C!Z

Smash Lord
Honestly the hype I do for crews is to keep others interested. Makes it funner. It's not 100% genuine for me. I have fun at Otto's, but I want more than a top 5. Like I said I don't want the only real tourneys to be OOS. Playin you other 4 is fun, but not interesting enough to make me practice or keep me playing. It's just how I feel. I want there to be a prize to play for. That's the other thing, most smashers are poor. There's never any hype MM's or anything like that. It's just the same small tourneys and ol $1 or $2 mm's cuz everyone is in such a different skill league.

It's not like we ever play either, Vish. You're hella busy and what not.

MasterC

Smash Ace
1) ciz dawg, you can't quit till I beat you

2) wtf is wrong wit takin breaks/pickin up other games? I'll mm ne one in some CoD/Halo/sf/old-skool classics (except gimpy/zero/jem lol) but when it comes to melee I just can't compete to win right now so I practice/play when I can (which isn't a lot) and fill the rest of my time with zombies, no-scopin b*tches, and tiger kneeing randoms xD you gotta have somethin to turn to when you can't/don't wanna fux wit ssbm

If you don't wanna practice melee then that's fine yo, play LoL or whatever the *** but don't complain when vish taps that a$$ nex time :p

3) from a noob's standpoint it's kinda hard to imagine rising to the same level of play as sw, eggz, bw, etc. And that's DAUNTING my dude, like you don't even kno how it feels to practice hella tech n play one of y'all only to get ***** before even TRYING to implement what you practied LOL but it's hella tight n that's what keeps me in this community (aside from the fact that I LOVE MELEE) haha cuz honestly, you guys are all we (the noobs) have to look up to in this state... I mean toph n kline got pretty good pretty quick but they both put in MAAAAAD work yo n I respect the *** outta them for doin so much work recently

I mean, idk, this might b presumptious but I bet they hella played more than you have in the past year and their improvement shows... if you wanna get better you just gotta put the work in, no one's forcing you to but you could at least NOT quit smash cuz (1) you're hella good n you're not a bad mentor on the stix, no homo (2) you're the only top 5 person in my area that doesn't mind playin me even when it's ridiculously one-sided (3) you're going to get better, competitively and just in general... the more you play the better you will be, straight up

To everyone else, peep it: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=295351

C!Z

Smash Lord
That's what I'm saying. I WANNA PUT IN WORK AND PRACTICE. I just have no motivation to. I'm not gonna sit there and try n get hella good to win a 10 person tournament, no matter how much I love the game. I ain't bitter about Vish beating me, I don't practice. That's what's wrong. That's why I wanna quit, I don't practice. There's not enough people that do to make me care.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I dont give a ****! Everybody below Otto on PR is gettin passed. Im bout to practice instead of sleeping or something, ill do what I gotta do. Im not even tryna lose to Toph when he gets back lol.

imma start with the 3 scrubs above me minus dan cuz he will be defeated next time he visits master Kaos.

But for real, it was tight that C!Z was always down to play back in the day(still). ***** just hit the bong and it was all good lol.

C!Z

Smash Lord
We should change the subject though. I don't like all the attention. I haven't decided that I'm for sure quitting. I'm still waiting for pound and next GC. I'll be puttin in work til then.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
That just means you want the motivation to practice and play more, but you aren't feeling it. Aight, so just take a break for a bit and work on other aspects of life. Like ok, you already said you know you love us and you love the game. You wanting more hype and wanting to possibly switch games means you want change. Ok, ****, I can relate to that.

Aight look. Until about the end of December last year, 2010, I forced myself to play melee every weekend for about a 3 month stint over here cuz I was like, if I don't practice every weekend, I'm gonna suck **** at genesis 2! Know what happened? I ****ing burnt out. I'd show up at smashfests with my heart half there - I'd think "Ok, time to get better, time to improve... let's **** these guys" but I wouldn't be in it for the fun, and as soon as I'd start losing cuz some Marth would CG me all day I'd start johning to myself about how I was only losing cuz it was FD only, or whatever. I was spending mad money/time on it too - even when I felt like just staying home, watching movies and maybe checkin out high school girls at the local mall (sup shane), I'd take the train for 3 hours to get to a smashfest.

Then I realized IT'S POINTLESS to think that way. You don't get better by placing yourself in a mentality where if you aren't practicing or improving, you're wasting time. ****TY mentality all around. If you force it, you will start to hate the game and you will NOT be able to improve.

Just find some fun **** to do and stop worrying about it. Know what'll happen? Same **** that happened to Vish when he went to India for a month or whatever - you get better without even ****ing realizing it, and you look at the game with a fresh point of view. Skill works in a weird way like that.

edit: Wrote this before I saw your last post. My bad.

That said, good luck at Pound yo. ^__^ I'll be cheerin for you guys on the stream at 5:30 AM my time LMAO.

Jem.

Smash Master
Random MLG KoreanDJ quote, he's so smart.

"And one important thing to remember is not to seek validation from others, such as proving yourself to others that you are good. That is a self-defeating state of mind. You don’t need to prove anything. All you need to do is be the best that you can be and set goals for yourself to help push yourself over the limit by fighting stronger opponents and obstacles and defeating them."

if you put your focus on a couple majors a year it would be different. you guys have no idea how fun it is to be a real competitor when your in the top 32. once you get to the point where you make it out of 3rd round pools every time its fun as ****. the hype is there, you just gotta work for it. pound is prob bout to be so fun you wont even wanna quit, but well see.

youve also gotta learn to take our losses better. every time you lose you get so upset. after oc3 i stopped caring much about melee and took hella losses and that taught me how to deal with it. you just gotta have fun and work to do better next time

PandaMageMaltDrinka

Smash Apprentice
man that dude sk8nMASTA = some damn good falcon combo's, **** i ain't ever seen before, he plays all crazy an **** like scar, but does some darkrain ****, i DEF wanna see this dude play peeps in the top 10 for sure, i think that foo could ***in destroy me

MasterC

Smash Ace
dude was parrying with the powershield like a mofo, i was impressed haha cuz honestly i only ever see ppl PS projectiles and to see him use it like some third strike **** was hella filthy

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
He sent me a private message asking about coming thru to WWA. He is from Kenewick. idk where that is exactly but he can drive and is 22 is im not mistaken.

WAtched an 06 falco combo video which I was like na, lol, but then I saw the date. I was like ahhh I feel it.

and then he has a falcon vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTbNG_fXrqg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWHBdk-xhHw

he said he's been playing like 7 years and he is tired of playing ppl half as good as him over where he is from.

@sk8ndude, u should bring ur other homies also! the more the merrier.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
hahah powershielding non-projectiles is tight. It's kind of a more common thing in japan actually, especially the good peach players over here (powershield -> dsmash). I know some South USA peaches do it too.

t-iceman

Smash Journeyman
For my senior project I'm going to have a tourney on Bainbridge Island (most likely). Initially I was just going to invite a bunch of scrubs from where I live and just go from their but I realized that it would be way more fun to invite people who are actually good at the game (I'm looking at you top 5). Since it's on Bainbridge you will have to take a ferry from Seattle to get to the venue but if you carpool it isn't that expensive (about $10 a person in a 4 person carpool). Probably going to have it on the 26th of this month, maybe later than that not positive. Bring setups. There will be singles for sure and if crews/doubles are demanded, we will have that too. Venue fee will all depend on attendance. 20 people show up, venue fee is only $2 (plus $5 towards prize pool and $5 towards a nonprofit).

Anyway, if you're in the fb group, there's a link to the event there.

Sk8nMasta

Smash Apprentice
im sure the outcome will be alot differant playing againts somone who is good. those people you saw me playing againts arent half as good as me so somone at my level i may not be able to combo so well. this really gets me hyped thoe i really wanna make it to one of these tournys or something. i cant seem to find out where these tournaments even are i see that you guys have them but i cant seem to find the detailed information please help me with that so i can actualy do somthing.

Sk8nMasta

Smash Apprentice
For my senior project I'm going to have a tourney on Bainbridge Island (most likely). Initially I was just going to invite a bunch of scrubs from where I live and just go from their but I realized that it would be way more fun to invite people who are actually good at the game (I'm looking at you top 5). Since it's on Bainbridge you will have to take a ferry from Seattle to get to the venue but if you carpool it isn't that expensive (about $10 a person in a 4 person carpool). Probably going to have it on the 26th of this month, maybe later than that not positive. Bring setups. There will be singles for sure and if crews/doubles are demanded, we will have that too. Venue fee will all depend on attendance. 20 people show up, venue fee is only $2 (plus $5 towards prize pool and $5 towards a nonprofit).

Anyway, if you're in the fb group, there's a link to the event there.
i will see if i can make it. not likley but i hella want to..

Sk8nMasta

Smash Apprentice
He sent me a private message asking about coming thru to WWA. He is from Kenewick. idk where that is exactly but he can drive and is 22 is im not mistaken.

WAtched an 06 falco combo video which I was like na, lol, but then I saw the date. I was like ahhh I feel it.

and then he has a falcon vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTbNG_fXrqg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWHBdk-xhHw

he said he's been playing like 7 years and he is tired of playing ppl half as good as him over where he is from.

@sk8ndude, u should bring ur other homies also! the more the merrier.
yeah if i come i doubt ill be comming alone.

Eggz

Smash Hero
SWF been glitchin for anyone else lately? The last half of page 124 is identical to the entirety of page 125. wack.

anyway, what they said. theres a reason i dont play friendlies at tournaments - i get bored quiiiiiiiiiiick. you **** when youre havin fun. goes for why i dont practice super often as well. i already have techskill, i just need perspective and future sight. take a break til youre fiendin or whatever

****in go to http://www.gameclucks.com/pages/indexGC.php for a reliable reference to find out when/where upcoming GameClucks/TourneyPlay related events are. Other than that, keep an eye on this and the melee group to find out about other tourneys.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
sk8nmasta, Western Washington has a pretty lively scene. There are a lot of tight smashfests and monthly tournaments, so don't trip if you can't make it to one. it definitely helps that you have a car though haha, tri-cities is pretttty far away.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
So basically we need to make sure that MArch 5th everybody plans on coming....no johns. PLan ahead.

Lets just plan on having a turnout so doubles will happen. NO JOHNS.

for sure next GC we are gonna start ON TIME! me otto or shane will run the tourney to make sure that happens.

5$ venue
10$ 1v1
5$ 2v2/5$ draft crews [maybe both]

If we get a big turnout we might actually have 3 crews or a crew tournament. I have a feeling that just two oversized crews wont be as focused, but who knows.
I'll try to get Dan and David (aka RC) to go to the next GC

Do they have Fb? and yea u gotta hit em up early cuz they are normally down to smash.

yeah if i come i doubt ill be comming alone.

Do you have Facebook? If so add Kline Wright, and Ill make sure you have all the details and get added to the group where we get hype[?] If not I suggest making one, and if not again then Ill just hit u up on here lol.

i already have techskill, i just need perspective and future sight. take a break til youre fiendin or whatever

****in go to http://www.gameclucks.com/pages/indexGC.php for a reliable reference to find out when/where upcoming GameClucks/TourneyPlay related events are. Other than that, keep an eye on this and the melee group to find out about other tourneys.
Futuresight my *****. a gift. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sai5GpioDL0

MasterC

Smash Ace
sk8n, if you google "gameclucks wa" it's the first result but here's the address

18717 76th Ave W # A
Lynnwood, WA 98037
(425) 775-2240

fb works better tho cuz he sends out invites and it has a list of events, etc... but if you can make it to seattle the friday before the 26th aka the 25th of feb i might have a carpool going to bainbridge for t-iceman's lil tourney/sr project he's puttin on xD

hit me up tho, my fb aka real name is char lee bennett (you can try charles bennett but i think there are alot more of those guys than char lee haha)

south: you guys still tryna come thru on thurs? i got 3 tv's and 3 couches but only 1 cube/melee disc/memory card atm so ppl bring setups minus the tv part

Top Bottom