• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Washington Melee thread

nDie

Smash Apprentice
Michael is Syler and he lives in the Tacoma / Lakewood area. You should definitely come Phong :) Haven't smashed with you in a few months.

PhongP

Smash Cadet
haha ****, syler's house is pretty far from here. like a good hour or so. I'll think about it, i'm trying to smash before i go on vacation at the end of the week.

nDie

Smash Apprentice
Oh, are you north of seattle or something? Yeah, I hate driving that far too, would be pretty tight if you came down though.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
LOL. What is with you southern *****s thinkin u got rights and ****.

Hostin smashfests and **** all willy nilly. Its sooo much harder going in that direction to smash than up north. Ive been down there twice in like a week and a half.

I better see you *****es on September 11th for GC. no JOHNS!

PhongP

Smash Cadet
lol. it's cool that they're practicing and getting better. i'm actually pretty impressed seeing them man up and holding their own smashfests down there instead of complaining about how ours are too far or something.

and! since i drove 2 hours (and two hours back) to play with you guys, you better go to GC!

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
yea haha it was pretty fun goin down. I actually didnt mind all that much. It seems like we have 3 ish places to smash. if you include anthonys and eggz place then its like 5 but imo those are too far to do without it being a special occasion.

It might be beneficial to try to organize the public smashfests so that ppl arent just saying smashfest and expecting ppl to show up. idk how other ppl feel about it tho. But If it will get more ppl interested then imo its worth it to put in a lil more effort to smash in different places.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
put hella effort in ^_^

i wanna see UW get surpassed by hella people by the time I'm back - and not just because UW is mediocre lolz

pandacheck

Smash Ace
gotta remember tho, its a long drive both ways, so how ya'll feel about the south not wanting to come up, its same with u coming down, but now that it seems that we're all doing more down here, u can come if u wanna come, u dont have to tho, Good Morning

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
just come to gc. I don't care that much if you fests up north.

you guys just make friends with the south and vish andy uw with north and phong and shane got super north.

ill try to get more ppl from the fed since apparently there are alot kinda.

nate/otto/teddy can work on mid.

sounds hella dumb but we should be able to get wa on lock.

PhongP

Smash Cadet
yeah you don't need to go to our fests. Just come up to the GC tourney.

it's pretty tough finding other people though kline. melee's an old game now. unless people come into this thread and post, it'll be hard finding players who aren't currently in the melee scene. if anyone from around everett reads this though and wants to play, hit me up! I'm down for it. lol.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
yea its hard finding NEW ppl. but we have a bunch of smashers that we could prob get back into the scene who just kinda dropped off and lost contact with everyone.

if we get ppl to show up to **** we should at least be able to run a 32 man bracket, if everyone shows up it would be much more but thats only a dream lol.

Syler

Smash Journeyman
well im up for smashing in sea-tac though liked i said recently idk about this specific weekend but if im free and nate/otto or whoever is having/hosting one there is having one then im down.
I'm pretty sure everyone from the south has gc on their agenda though unless some **** comes up.
And **** my sleeping schedule for being awake this early :(

pandacheck

Smash Ace
if anyones hosting a smashfest this weekend, an mike if u go, i know its coopers last weekend to do anything so him an jb are down, and trent ( oreo ) says he's free this weekend so i'll most likely go to any smashfest this weekend, so ya, all u noobs up north better have one, so my falcon can knee all u mofo's in the face, gg

gman19

Smash Cadet
About getting new players, honestly as someone pretty new, the thing I did to look for people who smash in this area (and not like north lol) was come to this thread, and panda's location caught my eye. Like if phong hadn't posted that he's in Everett I never would've known.

Smile

Smash Apprentice
One or two of my friends want to learn the craft, but we'll teach them the super basics (SHFFL and whatnot) before we bring them to Smashfests.

Also, when is GC, because if it's this next Saturday I can't go. Couldn't go if it was this Saturday either, working a six day straight shift.

nDie

Smash Apprentice
It might be beneficial to try to organize the public smashfests so that ppl arent just saying smashfest and expecting ppl to show up. idk how other ppl feel about it tho. But If it will get more ppl interested then imo its worth it to put in a lil more effort to smash in different places.
A smashfest Circuit if you will?

And Conner, GC is Sept 11th.

gman19

Smash Cadet
gman when we gonna play again, and i wanna play your friends too
Trying to convince my friends to convince their parents to let us come over saturday, but nothing is confirmed yet. If everything things goes ideally, vista will be there too so you can play him lol

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
One or two of my friends want to learn the craft, but we'll teach them the super basics (SHFFL and whatnot) before we bring them to Smashfests.

Also, when is GC, because if it's this next Saturday I can't go. Couldn't go if it was this Saturday either, working a six day straight shift.
If I recall eggz said entry should only be 5 dollars. It might not be a bad idea for them to at least come to GC if possible. they will be able to meet new ppl and have a wider variety of **** to be in ahh of.

But dont sluff on em. Teach them *****s asap.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
New tournament style I'd like to start using to encourage all you **** weasels to come

Pools of 3-4 people each
top 2 advance (assuming > 8 players)
This makes it so noobs can get more games in, so even if they get *****, they get more competitive matches in so its koo

$5 entry
This makes it so noobs who are spoiled by their parents but pretend they dont have money cant john out of entering

quadruple elimination brackets
jk

but yeah, if we do those, i think we'll get more entrants. i dont care about the money so im willing to do that. i just want more good practice lol
you guys work it out. id kinda like to try this ****.

but ill be there whatever.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
pools are gay. i hate wa tournaments.
wtf

pools are tight

and literally >90% of the scene would enjoy this tournament format

you guys should try it for at least one month. and changing up the tournament format on a month-to-month basis doesnt really hurt either; the monthlies over here have different formats and side events all the time but it adds incentive for people to come out imo

Eggz

Smash Hero
I hate pools as well, but I hate small dickly turnouts and a dead scene much more.

Gameclucks on September 11th is out of my hands. Its League finals. Its $10 per bracket and $5 venue, top 5 payout (might be top 6, i dont remember)
All of the previous melee pot cuts are being paid out that weekend, so be sure to go cuz you can win money even if youre not gettin top 3

If you haven't attended a league event at GC, theres a non league bracket as well (it costs just as much as the league bracket,) but im entering that as well, so only entering that so you can win mone yis pointless.

We all hate WA tourneys. thats what we need to change. I WANT ppl to want to come.
I hate wa tourneys because its just me doing friendlies with noobs and playing noobs and shane in bracket. ive been playing noobs, the same noobs for too long, you dont know how boring it gets for me lol. yeah you guys do need to change, everyone get hella good.

Ill do pools tho it doesnt matter

ima get nate good again

EDIT: and my niggga ciz, someone find cizwiz a job <--

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Melee league will be hella small. idk, are u sure there is nothing you can do shane? Possibly change the format or price or something for the non league GC?

@toph-I kinda wanna laugh, but I know I shouldnt.

Top Bottom