• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Washington Melee thread

Well, that's pretty good then. :D

I wasn't trying to say "16th/17th isn't impressive" LOL, if you read it that way. Just calling you out on your placing number lol. Anyway, I saw your videos vs. Vectorman. I think you gotta learn to deal with pressure first. WA is a GREAT place for that haha. Just go to smashfests when you have free time and you'll get good in no time. Btw WA is like the funnest melee scene on the planet to hang out with, so you should stick around.
dunks house melee scene is like as tight as ours

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
well, i'm sure there are really tight regions elsewhere lol. I'm just encouraging the guy. ...and yeah, i know you got the point and were just throwing that in as an aside. just sayin LOL

btw otto, your girl hit me up on facebook yesterday to brag LOL. she was like, i made otto laugh. omg. hes SOOO AWESOME ^___^ im just like yeah lol thats what ive been saying my whole smash career

but real talk, even though i keep like joking around about you and her or whatever, i don't want to put you in any pressure to go after her if you don't want to. like, if you don't like her or something, then don't let us (me, shane etc.) push her onto you and feel like you're a ***** if you back out. cuz i've definitely been in that situation before, where i was sort of pressured into going out with/doing a girl and it was kinda ghey lol. just sayin :]

soooo

there's been a big divide recently between the FD Only school of thought and the platform stages school of thought. it seems like about half the community wants to play on other stages these days. the funny part is, it's pretty much

-the marth players, the peach players and the semi-brawl mains who are too busy also playing brawl to have to learn a bunch of new matchups in melee on non-FD stages

vs.

-the spacies and the falcon mains

LOL

anyway, im cool with it either way, and i've actually been one of the least vocal people, because i don't want people to think like, "oh, this gaijin ******* came here and imposed his ****ty platform ruleset upon us. he should go home." but at the very least, it's a good sign because i think at the heart of all of this is that a lot of japanese smashers would like to attend genesis 2 (and/or other foreign internationals in the future), so i think it's kind of neat that i was able to form some kind of a bridge between japan and the usa :D

regarding that, btw, there's like an unhealthy number of silent wolf fanboys in japan now because of me lol. i just pretty much do tight **** with fox a lot and then im like "nah, this is nothing, really." rofl

Smash Apprentice
Thanks to all for the games today, **** i'm garbage haha.

Definitely gonna come out more though.

Rooktionary

Smash Journeyman
lol. well thanks. and yeah. i really suck with pressure. especially against falcos. but WA sounds pretty legit, so im lookin forward to play with you guys (no homo)

were bout to update the rankings after this gc, no johns.

thats what shane said and i agree

rooktionary: whats your name? youre lucky you play fox, we have a lot to show you

Rooktionary

Smash Journeyman
lol. ive mained so many characters.. kirby, then shiek, then falco, then fox, then pikachu, then fox, then y link. im pretty indecisive lol. ill probably end up going back to fox pretty soon. :p

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
rook-what up.

digits-yea, lets play more 4 sho. you can only get better and we are willing to help.

thanks 4 the ride and smashing ciz/otto.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
i think im gonna play mother 2 on an emulator. as in, earthbound in japanese. i hear the dialog is absolutely brilliant. anyone else who frequents this thread ever play earthbound? one of the best games of all time imo

and rooktionary, stick with fox

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
it's not about low tier love or whatever. SW has some of the rapest low tiers on the west coast. i can say for certain that his tertiaries are better (or at least more practiced) than, say, Zhu's. it's about, learn the fundamentals of the game with a character who actually has options and can win, then worry about impressing Taj or whatever when you aren't busy sitting out of every rotation by losing every friendly.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
playing low tiers *****.

don't listen to these d***h***s lol.

play who u enjoy playing, but understand if winning is important fox is much better suited to do so.

my advice is play your low tier but only if its truly your passion. if its not u are wasting your time and everyone elses.

play a high tier along side your low tier to make sure u continue improving as a player....such as fox.

t-iceman

Smash Journeyman
Kline, any weekend you want to come to bainbridge and smash, let me know

Edit: my freind and I would probably be willing to split the ticket cost with you and anyone else that you might bring.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Yeah, it's elsewhere on this board. For all intents and purposes the top 5 goes 1. SW, 2. Eggz, 3. Bladewise, 4. Ciz, 5. Vish and me, who are one in mind and soul.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
u betta find a m2 to practice on in japan cuz im tappin DAT AŠS when u get back.

@T-iceman. yea we will def work something out. cuz u wanna get better and u def got potential.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
i dont ever get grabbed anymore :o have fun

edit: so on an unrelated one, everyone in japan is a falcon ***. (i mean, so is everyone in america LOL but yeah) it's pretty much a lot more tolerable though because they all have really funny accents when they say falcon stuff. well, i dunno. plus they don't really make falcon punch jokes, they just like, kind of make the grunts and noises that falcon makes. one time i said "show me your moves" really realistically like an american and a bunch of them were really impressed

(if you speak japanese AND THEN speak perfect english around a japanese person, their brain like... melts. its tight)

C!Z

Smash Lord
Oh I'll be grabbin you Toph. I'm sure my Marth will grab your spacies as well ;]

Are you a noob Batman? Just wonderin.

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman
Not at all...just rusty honestly give me a couble matchs and i will get it back someone should really play with me today...if their willing to host?

C!Z

Smash Lord
Well you took too long to respond Batman. I'm off to play the great Bisno meow.

Just ****ed up my post count lol.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
You live in the U-District, Batman? Have you been hooked up with the UW smashers yet? They're pretty good, and pretty friendly.

Top Bottom