• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Washington Melee thread

Smash Apprentice
Okay, apparently me and someone else (whos name I didn't grab) are gonna smash tomorrow. I'm not sure who is hosting yet but i'm always down for driving and ****. If anyone is south (near-ish to Renton), hit me up if you need a ride and wanna join in.

Also, even though I'm from the east coast, i'd rep west should a crew of some sort arrange itself. Now I drive to work.

Rooktionary

Smash Journeyman
hey.. so.. im in the army, currently stationed in sierra vista, az (with vman and tag$ and all them) and im getting stationed in ft. lewis pretty soon. like the end of december. any good smash in the area?

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman
Okay, apparently me and someone else (whos name I didn't grab) are gonna smash tomorrow. I'm not sure who is hosting yet but i'm always down for driving and ****. If anyone is south (near-ish to Renton), hit me up if you need a ride and wanna join in.

Also, even though I'm from the east coast, i'd rep west should a crew of some sort arrange itself. Now I drive to work.
I am from east coast to....awesome =)

So is that a maybe on a fest and draft krews? hope i don't fail anyone....

Syler

Smash Journeyman
hey.. so.. im in the army, currently stationed in sierra vista, az (with vman and tag$ and all them) and im getting stationed in ft. lewis pretty soon. like the end of december. any good smash in the area?
ft. huachuca.. You at MI tech school huh what's ur ait? and funny story im thinking/probably joining the army as a uav operator and should be there for ait as well

You should tell me what it's like there x_X

EDIT: ft. lewis would mean ur right next to b-melo, oreo, and like 15 mins from me and a guy named cooper

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
OH **** KLINE!!!! This guy is comin in from AZ Yo!!!! That means he could probably hook you up with some Taj Bottles free of shipping! LEGIT! Maybe he might even have some Magic Taj Dust residue on him from hanging out in AZ??? You better smash with this guy.

pandacheck

Smash Ace
dude, my older bro lives in the AZ, everytime he comes to WA to visit he shows me up with m2 an marth, he's hella legit, doesn't even play smash, just hangsout with Taj, hah

and mike, your gonna get pwned when u join the military, out of shape mofo lol, smash this saturday if i no work

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
daaaamn anthony. real talk you could probably hustle kline some taj bottles too then. keep it on the DL tho... we dont want him reading this

OH **** KLINE!!!! This guy is comin in from AZ Yo!!!! That means he could probably hook you up with some Taj Bottles free of shipping! LEGIT! Maybe he might even have some Magic Taj Dust residue on him from hanging out in AZ??? You better smash with this guy.
LMAO toooooph
miss you

hella tight we have ciz back tho. things were gay for a minute

Rooktionary

Smash Journeyman
ft. huachuca.. You at MI tech school huh what's ur ait? and funny story im thinking/probably joining the army as a uav operator and should be there for ait as well

You should tell me what it's like there x_X

EDIT: ft. lewis would mean ur right next to b-melo, oreo, and like 15 mins from me and a guy named cooper
sweet :D uhh. ft. huachuca... kinda blows? but, the fact that V3ctorman lives literally 10 minutes away is pretty epic. the smash here is pretty awesome. but yeah, im an intel analyst. i hear uav is pretty legit. the training is really long though. buuuttt at least you got the SV crew and the monthlies to go to. the armys kinda lame in general though XD

lol wut.

dude, my older bro lives in the AZ, everytime he comes to WA to visit he shows me up with m2 an marth, he's hella legit, doesn't even play smash, just hangsout with Taj, hah

and mike, your gonna get pwned when u join the military, out of shape mofo lol, smash this saturday if i no work
would your bro happen to be named pandaxen? i know him... or is that just a coincidence?

being in shape doesnt really matter lol. basic training will put you in shape XD

pandacheck

Smash Ace
nice ya i'll talk to him for u, maybe when he comes up we can all play, even tho if you read my first post about him i said he never plays lol

Syler

Smash Journeyman
@Rooktionary- yeah i looked up ft. huachuca seems kind of lame, but **** if sv (im assuming sierra vista) has a nice smash scene then that's tight. and yeah uav op. 15w or w/e you wanna call it is pretty long (23 weeks 4 days) btw how are the phases there as in when you get freedom or if you have to show up for bed check or w/e they call it, and go out in town, is it chill there or are they strict till the later phases of ait?

oh btw pandacheck is ****ing with you about his bro playing smash though he really does live in arizona lol.

EDIT: do you use msn or yahoo cuz i don't use aim =/ but it would be nice to talk to you about the smash scene here and there, and ft. huachuca if you don't mind

my msn is zeroz85@hotmail.com
yahoo: dekar_98503

Rooktionary

Smash Journeyman
@Rooktionary- yeah i looked up ft. huachuca seems kind of lame, but **** if sv (im assuming sierra vista) has a nice smash scene then that's tight. and yeah uav op. 15w or w/e you wanna call it is pretty long (23 weeks 4 days) btw how are the phases there as in when you get freedom or if you have to show up for bed check or w/e they call it, and go out in town, is it chill there or are they strict till the later phases of ait?

oh btw pandacheck is ****ing with you about his bro playing smash though he really does live in arizona lol.

EDIT: do you use msn or yahoo cuz i don't use aim =/ but it would be nice to talk to you about the smash scene here and there, and ft. huachuca if you don't mind

my msn is zeroz85@hotmail.com
yahoo: dekar_98503
The phases are actually pretty good. theres two phases. privileges, and no privileges. you just take a test (chain of command, army songs and whatnot) and have your dress uniform inspected. once you have privileges you can wear civis off duty and go off base. but youll still have bed check every night. and AIT is not strict at all lol.

my aim is davismue
my msn is knom6@aol.com

how do you compare to other AZ ppl?
uhh.. im kinda a noob :urg: ive only been playing for a little over a year, but id say im a pretty fast learner. ive only been to one tournament here and i placed 16th outta 30. sooo.. idk.. im not bad.. just not really good lol

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I tried to convince vish to hold a lil smash in his house consisting of 4/6 competitive smashers. (3/6 now) and 2/6 who play. totaling 5/6 who at some point in time frequented fests and have entered a tourney.

vish said..."I just like going to other people's house"

ciz *****-u can't beat teddy lol

t-iceman

Smash Journeyman
1 Otto/sw, 2 eggz, 3 bladewise. The rest of the top Eight would probably be Kaostar, prime, vish, toph and c!z in no particular order. Seeing as I haven't seen toph or c!z play I don't really know how good they are but I've heard good things

EDIT: my comp messed up, didn't see 3 pages of stuff including ciz's response. Just ingnore this

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
hey now.... in az it is. outta 30 ppl, i did the 16th best lol. idk. there were tourney standings put out after. like i said.. im not great. i have vids, if that helps?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E8g1JyH2CE
No LOL that's not what I'm saying dude.

Placings go 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 7th, 9th, 13th, 17th, 25th... There's no such thing as placing 16th in a conventional double elimination tournament.

I would whoop Teddy's *** now btw haha. Peach is one of my specialty matchups ^__^ I already beat Kei's Peach in tournament haha. And Kei's the better WA Peach 8D

But that's neither here nor there.

OTTO I MISS YOU 8DDD

t-iceman

Smash Journeyman
Kline get that smashfest working on like a Saturday and ill try to make it. Also rooktionary, batman, and digits should all go to gameclucks. It's on the 13th sign ups at noon. For info go to tourneyplay.net

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I would REALLY like to see toph vs Bladewise right now. Honestly I have no idea as to what Kei's skill level is :( so I have a hard time sharing in ur excitement. I dont really kno anything about any of the japanese smashers.

Also, I cant ****in wait for C!Z vs Bladewise @ GC. Thats the hype match.

@T-iceman. I feel like we really have a chance to make a lil somethin outta this melee scene and we def should take the opportunity to do it. I really dont wanna pass this up.

and yea we will start doing somethin, after I start working Ill probably be down to travel a bit more since Ill most likely have saturday and sunday off.

Also LMAO at that whole toph/rooktionary convo. 16th just isnt one of the placings u can get haha. I hella miss my ***** toph.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Well, that's pretty good then. :D

I wasn't trying to say "16th/17th isn't impressive" LOL, if you read it that way. Just calling you out on your placing number lol. Anyway, I saw your videos vs. Vectorman. I think you gotta learn to deal with pressure first. WA is a GREAT place for that haha. Just go to smashfests when you have free time and you'll get good in no time. Btw WA is like the funnest melee scene on the planet to hang out with, so you should stick around.

C!Z

Smash Lord
We didn't stick around cuz when they were askin for sign ups there was only the group of 6 we came with and 2 others. Other people showed up later when we decided to go eat which is not our fault. Just be on time or early in fact to the next GC so we're not guessin if people are comin, and people can warm up and get friendlies in.

Kline- Ay at least I didn't lose to Dmac and Lumberjack$

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
eat a **** ***** lol.

whatever ill be trash. ill mm either of them and u can bet against me and lose money.

but, u ain't gonna beat teddy lol.

C!Z

Smash Lord
I didn't say you couldn't beat them. I'm just sayin you fold like origami under the tourney pressure.

You're mine Teddsky.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
wasn't even like that. it wasn't the pressure. **** was just my fault lol.

im bout to fold u up ***** lol. I want reazies falco falcon too.

Top Bottom