• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Washington Melee thread

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
kline has this weird distinction between "serious games" and "friendlies" as if he can't focus/learn and have fun at the same time
na see, you cant be serious when you gotta throw up every ten minutes and ur not feeling good

jack daniels *****
*eggz prob just threw up*

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
It seems like Brawl stuff for Washington is mostly done at AllIsBrawl. West Coast group is at http://allisbrawl.com/group.aspx?id=3 and Washington group is at http://allisbrawl.com/group.aspx?id=637 . Although the Washington group isn't very active, and the Oregon group seems to generally have equal or better coverage of Washington events: http://allisbrawl.com/group.aspx?id=35 .

I hope that helps. Also: you should try Melee out if you haven't already, since it's better. :p

(Or rather, I like it better, and most of the people in this thread of course like it better, but obviously it's up to your individual taste which game you'll like more.)
i cant check it out right now, but ill be sure to check it later. thanks :)

WA has good brawlers but we are ashamed of them lol. They post mostly on AIB but alot of the tourneys are both melee and brawl.

Unfortuneately for you, the brawl scene in lakewood tacoma is non existent. The meat of brawlers live north, seattle and above, and theres a group in eastern WA.

Basically Go to GC once a month which is in Lynwood
ive been told to go to GC.... problem is, i have no way of transportation, as i am 16 and dont have a permit or w.e yet

i wanna play brawl competitively, mostly because i cant find a Melee copy ANYWHERE!!!!

i would totally play melee competitvely but last time i played was about 3 years ago, and i never knew about the advanced tactics (wavedashing, moonwalking all that noise lol) until about 2 weeks ago

anyways, thanks for your responses guys

Yung Mei

kline goes to gc and lives in federal way. pool/bus with him.

or contact oregon smashers for a ride up.
nah, i wouldnt want to be a burden

besides, i want to practice with friends and see how well i do, considering my Main is Captain Falcon. i might have to start playing more with Falco/Pikachu/Ike

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Saying I dont want to be a burden implies that you are just a terrible person or you really dont want to play.

Where the **** do you live again? Im sure we could teach you melee without a huge problem-there are plenty of ppl to play with

Also Ive seen melee at the gamestop in the fed almost everytime I go-so if thats ur excuse I can find you a copy and we dont even have to talk about brawl anymore.

if you really just wanted to make friends by saying you would rather play melee but have brawl in your heart, just go to gameclucks. ITs easy to get there by bus or just grab carpools. Ppl do it all the time, if they didnt nobody would ever see eggz. But thats not the case.

Ive spit my piece and now the johns must cease

Yung Mei

Saying I dont want to be a burden implies that you are just a terrible person or you really dont want to play.

Where the **** do you live again? Im sure we could teach you melee without a huge problem-there are plenty of ppl to play with

Also Ive seen melee at the gamestop in the fed almost everytime I go-so if thats ur excuse I can find you a copy and we dont even have to talk about brawl anymore.

if you really just wanted to make friends by saying you would rather play melee but have brawl in your heart, just go to gameclucks. ITs easy to get there by bus or just grab carpools. Ppl do it all the time, if they didnt nobody would ever see eggz. But thats not the case.

Ive spit my piece and now the johns must cease
nah, im not a bad person, its just that i wouldnt want one of you guys to spend time and gas just to come pick me up

I live in Tacoma, by University Place

isnt gameclucks in Lynwood? ill try to go by bus sometime soon, how often are there tournaments?

numberonenacho

Smash Lord
LUL kline you're soo unfriendly to new people on Smashboards. XD

I'm really good at brawl now.
to give you an idea how good I've gotten, I beat C!z's DK with my ganon.

Someone Jock me.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
nah, im not a bad person, its just that i wouldnt want one of you guys to spend time and gas just to come pick me up

I live in Tacoma, by University Place

isnt gameclucks in Lynwood? ill try to go by bus sometime soon, how often are there tournaments?
lol, well you could also bus to somebodys house or somewhere more convienient to be picked up.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=237731

this is oct 16 in seattle-its suppose to be big with out of staters coming and ****, check this out and see if u can make it. dont let the ride be the thing to stop you tho

Yung Mei

lol, well you could also bus to somebodys house or somewhere more convienient to be picked up.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=237731

this is oct 16 in seattle-its suppose to be big with out of staters coming and ****, check this out and see if u can make it. dont let the ride be the thing to stop you tho
well, honestly ill pass this time, because i kinda want you guys to rate my gameplay :)

ill try to post some gameplay videos with friends, i tend to play with the CPU though. its been agreed by several people that im the best captain falcon player at Foss High School

C!Z

Smash Lord
Yeah most likely only mediocre players will rate your vid anyways. Just show up, everybody has to start somewhere.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Yea just come to tourneys. I guarantee that ur better off playing there for practice than at home on cpus,

*this is funny cuz I spend alot of time playing lvl 4 cpus at home*

Yung Mei

Yea just come to tourneys. I guarantee that ur better off playing there for practice than at home on cpus,

*this is funny cuz I spend alot of time playing lvl 4 cpus at home*
lol, so its the 16th then right? ill try to make it

Zeru

Smash Journeyman
Shane send me your phone number somehow and
Is there anything going on tonight/tomorrow?

Probably going to go to next weekend's tournament for melee

...unless something comes up like usual :ohwell:

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
lol, so its the 16th then right? ill try to make it
just look at the link I gave you.

but its at seattle center i think and its THREE days.

16th 17th 18th

16th is all friendlys so If you just wanna play a bunch of games come then and if u want to enter the tourney come saturday (melee bracket and brawl pools) and sunday (Brawl)

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
Hey I am recently declare the new champion of sweden. I must be each america state. (SRY MY ENG IS HARD :p)

Eggz

Smash Hero
im tryna go to rom2 and pound4

ill be buying pound4 tickets first after tourneyplay, and rom2 tickets asap after.

anyone tryna go to either with me?

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
kline your mewtwos tight now
for real? like do you really think that without asking for anything in return? Like is this an actual compliment?

Cuz I dont have tickets lol. And I know my mewtwo is F***ing tight B**** lol

Edit:I really dont have tickets lol not to be mean, and technically I dont have free flight benefits until january when I start skool again. I might be down to go to one or both.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
So I was reading the first page of this thread and I feel like we have really shifted away from what we started out to do.

After tourney play or ROm 2 pound 4 I think we really should get an accurate list of active WA smashers and try to build on that and strengthen the community.

no homo

Yung Mei

just look at the link I gave you.

but its at seattle center i think and its THREE days.

16th 17th 18th

16th is all friendlys so If you just wanna play a bunch of games come then and if u want to enter the tourney come saturday (melee bracket and brawl pools) and sunday (Brawl)
i cant make it. 16th i have a doctors appointment after school, 17th i gotta take the PSAT, and the 18th i have to go visit my auntie in Lakewood :(

Top Bottom