• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Washington Melee thread

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman
so can i show up at GC like a hour early for some friendlys?

and so iceman is 8th best? so who is 7th? your *** is mine now! =P

got to work the ladder i figure...oh yea i finally bought a copy of melee so the training is going down!

MasterC

Smash Ace
goodlookin gage, didn't think about it like that lol

what are ppl up to this week? i'd like to smash wed and/or thurs and/or fri if ppl are down :D

MasterC

Smash Ace
goodluck and all drew but we already have 2 peach players on the PR

:p

EDIT: i think you're lookin at kline tho, just fyi lol

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
dmac is ranked 6th and andy is 7th ben 8th evan 9th b mellow 10th.

look else where for your games batman.

edit:were u beating evan and charles when u went up there?

C!Z

Smash Lord
Let's not start a who was beating who conversation, cuz everyone will have a voice and that sounds mad gay. Not to mention they were friendlies.

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman
i beat evan in mm...ben your mine...where you stay at?.....and charles gl, black will be mine next time we play

Kline im guessing your 5th huh?
Well awesome so when i beat you i can be in top 5

MasterC

Smash Ace
ya, if you wanna go up on the PR enter more GC's or at least show up for crews/teams cuz those count a lil (i think...?)

but keep practicin homie, i'll see you this week sometime :p

t-iceman

Smash Journeyman
so can i show up at GC like a hour early for some friendlys?

and so iceman is 8th best? so who is 7th? your *** is mine now! =P

got to work the ladder i figure...oh yea i finally bought a copy of melee so the training is going down!
Your not going to be above me in pr unless you beat me in tourney, which ain't happening cause I figured out what to do when you pull turnips

t-iceman

Smash Journeyman
dmac is ranked 6th and andy is 7th ben 8th evan 9th b mellow 10th.

look else where for your games batman.

edit:were u beating evan and charles when u went up there?
I beat ben last gc so that's not correct, batman beat me 2 out of 3 mm's we had, he's not that good I just didn't know how to deal with turnips. Been watching tha mu more though and I think I get it now. He might beat you though kline just cause he plays peach lol

pandacheck

Smash Ace
lol just because most WA's smashers don't know how to play against peaches, just avoid the downsmash, play a little more patient and don't try to spam tech skill against a decent to good peach, i mean losing to bladewise is one thing, he's just damn good, but losing to lesser peaches, well just saying, most peeps don't l cancel correctly, or they nair / down air to high when trying to pillar with falco or nair copter with fox, just downthrow that ho all four stocks, and learn to read her bad techs

t-iceman

Smash Journeyman
lol just because most WA's smashers don't know how to play against peaches, just avoid the downsmash, play a little more patient and don't try to spam tech skill against a decent to good peach, i mean losing to bladewise is one thing, he's just damn good, but losing to lesser peaches, well just saying, most peeps don't l cancel correctly, or they nair / down air to high when trying to pillar with falco or nair copter with fox, just downthrow that ho all four stocks, and learn to read her bad techs
ya I didn't play correctly when he had turnips which is the main reason why it was close. I kept short hop nairing to go through the turnip when he picked it up but now I realize that I should just double Jump so that he can't catch me with them

also I didn't get ***** anthony, one stock games each time he won.

BladeWise

Smash Lord
pandacheck made a good point. Only Shane and Otto really understand Peach (& Ciz to a lesser extent). The rest of WA tends to throw out too many aerials and try to shieldgrab too much.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
GOOD **** batman. im mad proud of u son!

evan lol...salty *** *****. my peach problem isn't what u think it is. its basically I have teddy peach exp only. its weird when I play a "different" peach. I don't know how to control the mu as fox. ive only learned it from the side of being the lesser player. d mac just ****ing stands there lmao. and I played the MU trying to
react, to nothing making me severely reduce my offense and I play beyond dumb lol.

and MMs count towards pr to some degree for sure.

BATMAN U GOTTA GET OFF SON AND SHOW PEOPLE THAT U FILTHY LOL.

im weak tho. like just smash trash. can't even beat noobs except evan. :( tomorrow I think ill wanna smash....so some of u dudes get at me.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
yea. good **** anthony. I want shane to teach me the ****ing MU. so I guess imma try to go to sultan sometime soon.

toph vs teddy! aww yea. I already put 5 on teddy. prove me wrong toph :)

otto-we should start recording more too. what if we made a "rule"... no friendlies during gf or something?

t-iceman

Smash Journeyman
Batman doesn't really play different than dmac, he just sits there too (aka only good against people who can't play against peach). Again I didn't know the mu at all, looked up stuff, I think I get it now.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
hmmm well i didn't really want to enter the tournament i just wanted to do some friendlys and mm bc im so rusty.....but im guessing i should prolly enter huh..?
Dude it doesn't cost that much to enter, and tourneys (well, the game in general really) are hella more fun when you're competing. Cmon lol.

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman
For me being such a **** talker Iceman def'ly seems like the one who doesn't want to except that he lost? funny, huh? .... but whatever im not gonna dwell on it....Fine I will enter even tho you guys keep making me jump thro hoops to prove im good first was to play evan beat him...and you guys want to take away from my props bc i didn't have to do anything impressive to beat him?...kool? shouldn't that mean he just sucks =P

oh yea if i just "sit their" for anyone then obviously dude im not trying...and if i beat ya in mm that way you suck...

oh yea iceman just how you were asking for advice in the car(for some reason online you want to act like the man laugh) double jumping to dodge a turnip is bad....

being forced to double jump is always bad makes you stuck in the air...getting underneath a marth is exactly what I want???? so just remember so you don't get wrecked next time don't let me get under you or be able to stand around and turnip you all day???

I really don't care about pr i just really want to mm the community till i make it up the rankings, but i guess ill join if i am able to make it out their remember working 8pm-6 30 am is hard...but ill try

second is falco.....so for all those foxs that are thinking your gonna camp me the whole time think again

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman
IM all excited.....so I work 8 pm tomorrow and trying to smash before i have work....i need to catch the bus around 6 30pm where I live at least...so hit me up if your playing or trying to play before then 757-955-4262

and ben if your playing tomorrow who ever you are mm dooode

MasterC

Smash Ace
people need to start watching finals. we always have tight games that like no one watches.
LMAO!! amidst the beef, otto gets brittle no one gets hype on his matches xD ya kno we love ya dawg

but yea, his peach aint bad or nothing it's just that i really do think WA in general sucks against peaches (no offense teddy/dmac/drew and otto/shane/ciz) cuz i kno FOR SURE i don't kno how to play against peach and kline def has some problems :p but i think i was starting to get it when we were playing and hopefully that'll translate to getting better at that MU, puff/samus too hopefully lol

should have an epic/hype GC this weekend and for those looking to smash i'll be down in n hour or after 5pm tomorrow and thursday i'll be in tacoma if ne of yall are gettin down, fridays lookin pretty chill too so get at me

batman, we should smash tomorrow or thursday before i leave if you're not working/sleeping

EDIT: ben, you should def come too dawg!! we can hit a blunt and whoop batman's a** for an hour or two before he has to hop on the bus then you can show me some more falco game ^_^

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
lmao. getting under a marth gets my **** wet like everytime. dumb counters or dair is his only option.

real talk tho. FOR SERIOUS.

in state rivalry is cool in all, but imo we should stop the beef and be supportive of each other. we should all just help each other train, learn match ups, and get better so that our tournaments are more intense and more fun/competitive for everyone.

alot of u should really try to go out to national tourneys. SOOOO MUCH ****ING FUN! SO MUCH HYPE! its what really matters. PR is suppose to motivate people, not prove who is better.

when it comes down to it, we all gotta step it up in some way. so lets get it!
/random motivational speech because batman is better at **** talking than me looool. ***** u just caint beat em...even if u beat em lol.

t-iceman

Smash Journeyman
For me being such a **** talker Iceman def'ly seems like the one who doesn't want to except that he lost? funny, huh? .... but whatever im not gonna dwell on it....Fine I will enter even tho you guys keep making me jump thro hoops to prove im good first was to play evan beat him...and you guys want to take away from my props bc i didn't have to do anything impressive to beat him?...kool? shouldn't that mean he just sucks =P

oh yea if i just "sit their" for anyone then obviously dude im not trying...and if i beat ya in mm that way you suck...

oh yea iceman just how you were asking for advice in the car(for some reason online you want to act like the man laugh) double jumping to dodge a turnip is bad....

being forced to double jump is always bad makes you stuck in the air...getting underneath a marth is exactly what I want???? so just remember so you don't get wrecked next time don't let me get under you or be able to stand around and turnip you all day???
From what i could tell watching m2k in a lot of his peach matches if he wasn't close enough to stop them from pulling the turnip he would space the double jump so that if peach full jumps the turnip won't hit and peach doesn't have the ability to get under. Peach with a turnip means no grab and no push if marth lands close but not too close you're ****ed. Honestly, the only peach's ive ever played were dmac once and bladewise once, i had very little mu experience. Yes you beat me, but im definitely not bad. You beat me because you played me in a mu that i had rarely played. Once i get the mu it's done

Top Bottom