• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Washington Melee thread

numberonenacho

Smash Lord
what I meant by best vidz was finals, gf, etc. and then something like toph vish
Hey **** you! Everyone's gonna want to see us play when he gets back.
You better edit that to

"and then something like Kline vs. Raogltz"

ALSO ARE YOU IMPLYING TOPH AND I CANT GET TO FINALS?!
>=O

PandaMageMaltDrinka

Smash Apprentice
@c!z - sick of just level capping at below UW status of gamePlay / no one to really play down South besides the select few in my krew ( not including anyone else down here because none have shown there really any good, no offense ), my mindset on smash has changed, i'm starting to learn things that i feel i should've already known, an just recently my eyes have been open to it, an i hate how my game development / basics of the game have been creeping at the speed of a slug, i guess everyone that plays smash semi to hardcore seriously go thru this phase, but i'm noticing this with a lot of low to mid level players that we're just hitting rocks an not digging deep, not building, an just sinking, guess i just needa step up my game, an step up in life, Emo moment gg

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
lol I wasnt implying anything vish or even making a joke.

I was just asking eggz a question. first two names that came to mind were u and toph. be flattered ***** lol

@C!Z since u dont have FB even tho I swear there is this ***** T.C. biezek who I swear was u and never denied he was C!Z but whatever lol. Vish said he is buying his ticket on Jan 3rd. Here is the itinerary so u can look at it.

http://travela.priceline.com/sharedapps/evs?x=D68H2C5&from=DINC&refid=TMtransact&refclickid=20101220

anthony-**** yo, I feel kinda bad we havent been able to smash with u more. Cuz ur pretty legit. We'll get something worked out where we can play wit u more often homie.

C!Z

Smash Lord
LOL.. I feel it. Come to more smashfests and or events. I'm usually down to play if it's after 4 on weekdays as long as you come to me. Just ask for advice if we're playin, I'm down to help. I'll exploit your weaknesses and help you fix them. I'm sure you watch vids, but if you don't watch the SoCal scene.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
LMFAO, Kline probably thinks he'd be on the "good channel" too.

LOL at the prospect of me not making top 5 at ANY Washington tournament. Even before I left for Japan that hadn't happened in a COOL minute. A real, real cool ****ing minute.

Edit: So what did you mean by "toph vish on another channel" if not implying that we wouldn't be worthy enough of eggz's channel?

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I picked two names. I just meant a vid that wasnt grand finals or finals or something. I was thinking eggz was just trying to upload finals on his channel and then the rest of the tourney vids on another channel, regardless of who they were.

I coulda said smasher X vs smasher Y.

I wasnt implying that you or vish wouldnt make it to finals or anything of the sort. I was just saying all the vidz should go on the same channel. So if he wanted to upload finals and **** he should upload the other bracket matches as well just so all the WA tourney vidz were in the same spot.

+Ill bet u get bracket gayed toph ur frst tourney back and Ill bet u 5$ u wont make top 5. not hatin or nothin just a lil bet if ur interested.+

PandaMageMaltDrinka

Smash Apprentice
legit ( c!z / kaoS ), well i'm training with Syler tomorrow hopefully, but from what others have told me an what i'm JUST now realizing is that people that either don't place well in tourneys, or people that don't go to tourneys, they take friendlies seriously ( me ) <----, an i just recently stopped that, A* because it halts me from seeing my mistakes and just keeps my Pride from getting trampled on, B* I've never felt a sense of success in Smash, unless i'm completely 3 to 4 stocking the people in my krew consistantly ( which hardly ever happens ), so i guess the next best thing aside from placing top 5 at tourneys is boasting about beating the same 6 people over an over again, which is ruckin fetarded, but i'll make an effort to actually go out an play with u ACTUALLY GOOD PLAYERS up North u ***in VIKINGS lol

@@SYLER - Blunt, cold, STFU son lol, naw u right tho

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
LOL aight. And yeah that $5 bet sounds good, if either of us remember hahah

Edit: Anthony, there's a world of difference about caring about the result of a friendly and caring about what's going on in those matches... I.E. trying to take something away from it... I care about friendlies to the extent that I care about what my opponent is doing in the friendlies and the interactions my character is having with his character. I don't care about the results of them.

Unless it's a 4-stock. 4 stocks always matter. Period.

PandaMageMaltDrinka

Smash Apprentice
ya, thats pretty much what i'm doing now, using friendlies as a way to learn how to adapt and just pick up on what it is that there doing atm, an what i'm going to have to change up in order to keep up, chu KNO!!!!, anyways, neutral tilts sound legit

Eggz

Smash Hero
LFMAO

I don't think I'd leave the sound effects because they often desync (at least in my experience) when theres two audio channels on the movie file. Also because they'd be annoying prolly

Also, I'd like to keep only the most entertaining matches on that channel since one of its purposes is to attract new smashers. If someone has a super ****in tight set in bracket, I'll throw it up regardless of how late in the tourney it happens.

panda quit frontin
just take a couple busses to klines and ride with him wherever

also the bc melee tournament is on the 29th, so all of us will for sure have our passports

kliksail

Smash Rookie
One of the most common tools for opening locked car doors is the Slim Jim

One of the most common tools for opening locked car doors is the Slim Jim or lockout tool. A Slim Jim is a long, thin strip of metal about 2 to 4 cm. wide; there are Slim Jims available for many different car models and makes. A Slim Jim is inserted between the weather striping and the passenger door window; it is used to grab the lock rod.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I wont but its coo. U *****s take all that canadian money.

strangely my mom randomly told me today that you didnt need a passport from WA to go to canada. She said two ppl said they will still let u in with birth cert and ID.....validity, idk. If its true I may join u ****.

@Eggz-feel it on the annoying part I guess. I kinda like em but I guess it depends on the music too. MY **** never had problems with audio syncing tho...that I know of anyway.

Toph We will probably be talking **** to eachother at GC and Ill bet u 5 dollars ur not getting top 5 anyway, whether we remember this or not haha.

C!Z

Smash Lord
I clearly remember that dude sayin that you would have to have a passport to get in. Idk for sure though, but I do know he said that.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
LOL its not even that kinda bet.

I was just sayin that he would prob get bracket gayed and not get top 5 assuming GC dude is still doing the bracket.

edit: yea thats just what my mom said. I really dont think there would have been such a big hype about it if it wasnt necessary u kno lol. I think that ***** who "thinks" he is goin with a birth cert is gonna end up driving south when he gets there lol

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
yea but what about slim jims

edit: ok otto, ill try haha

i've never cut out combos and stuff but i'll start going for **** combos more and cutting them out.

it's kinda harder over here cuz at the tourneys/smashfests with good players it's usually all FD. but when my homie comes over we usually play 6neutrals so i'll cut stuff with him

PandaMageMaltDrinka

Smash Apprentice
i know not think toph would take top 5, A because he's playing and being exposed to different playstyles, now idk how much there playstyles differ from our americano type shizzat, but i'd say ATM tophs most likely gotten more technical since u last played him + he was ****** that m2 before he left, an if he's comfortable using his falco in tourney, his fox probaby ***** harder, so all in all i'm sure he'll place top 5, if not at least top 7

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I wasnt doubting his skill lol. I was just willing to bet 5 bucks on some of the factors that could **** him up thats all.

hes def top 5 on PR. hmmm prob right above vish
Dance puppets dance!!! muhhaha

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Nah that sounds about right.

I'll give Teddy spot 3, but yeah I'm pretty sure after that it goes 4. Toph, 5. Vish, 6. Ciz

IMPORTANT

aight so i tihnk we should ban mute city in wa

at first, i wanted it just cuz i wanted us to have more stages available, but thats just not a good enough reason lol. the **** has no ledges, and no one else in the world plays on that ****. so why should we have to practice it?

let me know what you think (people who consistently go to tournaments)

PandaMageMaltDrinka

Smash Apprentice
pfloats banned too, dang, y do they take certain stages out, to many johns or is it majority rules if enough people agree to say mute city blows? <-- not talkin about WA, just overall like at big national tourneys

Syler

Smash Journeyman
I personally don't mind it, but if it's not legal at Pound or Genesis than I say we cut it.
Not going to lie, i felt that way about a lot of stages since pound 4 rule set or even cali rule sets, don't like this outdated mlg ****. But if you guys do ban mute you guys going to ban rainbow cruise for more balance? (if that's not already banned) though i don't go to tournies anymore so not like it really matters and even if i did, if rainbow isn't banned it's better for me since i play spacies anyways.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
yeah, im down to ban it. i kind of think a ruleset should have a maximum of 1 stage thats hella gay and good for the spacies, and a maximum of 1 stage thats hella good for like puff/peach. having to choose between mute city and brinstar to ban is kinda lame

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Yea. I kinda feel like RC is just a pokefloats kinda stage. no reason to have both.

So RC is fine, Brinstar and kongo are fine. IMO tho stadium should move to CP and we should strike instead of random first game.

but Im down to say **** teddy and mute city.

Top Bottom