• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

**Official Titans of Smash (ToS) Crew Thread** We Never Died

GenesisJLS

Smash Journeyman
Congrats to Chibo and Vex. So how much in money matches did you win?

Someone hold a tournament this Friday somewhere near Drexel. Since it's the only afternoon which I am free.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
While I'm sure I'm more on edge than normal after spending the 2nd weekend with Vex out of the last 3, I've had thoughts like this for a while.

I'm tired of this crew - for real. I'm in no way quitting. I started with this crew, and I will end with this crew. I'm an original member, I helped create, and frankly - I've grown weary of how this crew has grown.

I've always sort of scoffed at when the other older members expressed their distaste for the crew in some aspects, but I see it now. I'm not trying to name anyone specifically, but this crew has overall just become so childish with such an awful-attitude that it's sad. I'm sure everyone has somehow shown their not-so-favorable side at times, including myself, but some people here are clearly worse than others in this manner.

I yearn for top notch respectable crew, one with skill, one with reliable smart and intelligent members, mature members, and overall - that's just not the impression I'm getting from this crew.

To be honest, I don't know what to do about the situation. I do not want anyone just flat out saying that it's their fault and quitting. I've talked this over with a few people privately, and I know there are some that sort of feel the same way as me.

Something has to be done regardless.
Thoughts plz.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
When you look at "maturity of members," are you looking at how they post on SWF or how they act in real life? Both I'm guessing. If you have a problem with any of the members you should probably talk to them privately over phone/aim and just say, "Here's what I want in a member, I'm not seeing it from you. Change or we may ask you to leave."

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Umm. Ok wait what? You were just at genesis and now all of a sudden the crew has become childish? Obviously you've been thinking about this for some time. So anyway whoever it is(even me) you need to either pm them or txt them or whatever and say exactly whats your problem with them.

As far as being childish. I mean how exactly are we childish? The way we post on here? Dude this is a social topic in a social section of a video game board. Were not suppose to be all serious in every single post. I always thought of this topic as a spot to just talk randomly with members of the crew. I mean have u seen flizz posts? They usually dont have a **** thing to do with anything. Even u get in it when you do your "splooken" posts. So don't act like you dont do it either.

It kills me when people(not you chibo just talking in general) Act all serious over a video game. All of us are here because we like playing brawl. Thats it. Thats the sole reason. Some more then others. Some better and smarter at the game then others. Some feeling more passionate about it then others. But the basic point is everyone here likes playing brawl. To take that fact and try to make it into some boot camp is stupid. It's a video game. Your suppose to have fun with it.

Of course chibo you could of meant something totally different when u posted that and if u did im sry but thats what i got from your post.

And dotcom i didn't see your key. Ill keep looking for it though.

O and good **** steel for passing your driving test! Hopefully ill be getting mine before the end of the month!

GOTM

Smash Champion
Yeah that's not what he meant at all actually. I think Chibo was referring more towards how a lot of members of this crew represent themselves in public, as well as how a lot of the members come to agreements and terms about things.

I just know that there are problems because when this crew blew up after Brawl came out, arguments started, a lot, and they rarely happened before (except when we had that whole rankings idea which was ********, and I think we argued because of the ex-members more than the actual idea.)

And really, that's half the reason I don't make it a huge point to meet anyone new in the crew or even play at the Brawl/Melee smashfests and stuff, everyone acts like little kids at those things.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Yeah that's not what he meant at all actually. I think Chibo was referring more towards how a lot of members of this crew represent themselves in public, as well as how a lot of the members come to agreements and terms about things.

I just know that there are problems because when this crew blew up after Brawl came out, arguments started, a lot, and they rarely happened before (except when we had that whole rankings idea which was ********, and I think we argued because of the ex-members more than the actual idea.)

And really, that's half the reason I don't make it a huge point to meet anyone new in the crew or even play at the Brawl/Melee smashfests and stuff, everyone acts like little kids at those things.
Ok i mean if people are acting "childish" in public maybe it's a problem but i mean exactly how are they doing that? When i think of "childish" Im thinking of members arguing with each other cursing for no reason and just flat out being rude. I haven't been to any events lately(besides sats2) But i remember the biweeklies,gamecrazy tournaments,etc and no one pops up in my mind as being "childish" Me and TUSM might crack jokes here and there but i mean were at a social event with group members. Thats what your suppose to do. lol

I just don't see it. Someone enlighten me

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
What they said. (EDIT: "They" as in Evan and Steel.)

Granted, I'm not around nearly as much as other people (usually with Evan, TUSM, MIB, Squall, and sometimes Xzax if anything), but I haven't seen anyone being particularly "childish" or having a bad attitude or anything like that. Maybe that one tournament thread (the one Xzax & TUSM started), but that was just a moment of stupidity from everybody, and we all got over it.

I do think we need more bonding time, like the crew-only smashfest we had at the end of May. I know, I know, I didn't go, but now that I've actually been in a Brawl mood and somewhat more free to go to stuff, there hasn't been anything. x.x I can't offer a venue, but if something starts getting planned, I'll be more than willing to help out.

But yeah, if you're not gonna be more specific here, it's probably best to PM/IM/call/whatever whoever you're not happy with.

GOTM

Smash Champion
I really don't think Chibo was referring to anything that takes place on the boards. If something was wrong there, that's up to the mods to take care of, not any of us.

Plus I know for a fact that I have been to tournaments, and smashfests with some members of this crew that have acted like not only complete *** holes, but like little children. When someone opens his home to you to play smash in, you listen to them, do what they tell you, and be like a normal guest in their home, that comes before Smash people.

But honestly, none of us are parents and there's nothing we can do about it really, Mark. If it comes down to how they are acting as people, it's their problem. Although we are allowed to make a decision on whether or not we want them representing the TOS name.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
slickvik if u join i swear i will stalk you!!! And i mean that in the most non homo way ever!
Looks like Evan needs to be put in his place.... PIKACHU, I CHOOSE YOU!!!!

@GOTM: Guess that wouldn't include me, then, since I'm.... literally never around, lol. I really hope Matt drives to the tourney this weekend......

GOTM

Smash Champion

@GOTM: Guess that wouldn't include me, then, since I'm.... literally never around, lol. I really hope Matt drives to the tourney this weekend......
Honestly, I know some of the people at fault, and I'm sure Chibo knows more, but I think (and am pretty positive), that it's safe to say none of this is about you :)

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Well it can't be about me as the only time i've been to someone's house was chibo's when he still lived here for the smashfest where i got ***** by steel on livestream lol. But if it is pm me!

AND WTF KAYLO? Im more scared of that pic then slikvik is of me lmao!

Who's down to brawl this weekend?
Totally missed this post! I know TUSM said he wanted to play this weekend too. Someone find a spot to hold a smashfest this weekend. My house is not going to hold all these people. I need to show the crew my peach after it came out the hyperbolic time chamber!

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I wanna Brawl this weekend too..... don't forget the resident pair of boobs.

No one likes a sausagefest, amirite? :)

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
So the crew is childish because people like to be social and have fun at tournies instead of 100% srs bznz all the time...oooook.
...at least thats what i got from the previous posts.

......what? Hey, dont look at me like that. I aint even in the crew >_>

Roxas215

Smash Lord
I wanna Brawl this weekend too..... don't forget the resident pair of boobs.

No one likes a sausagefest, amirite? :)
Truer words have never been spoken!

Arrg im on my way to CIS class. 4 hours of ****ing visual logic. Pray for me!

So the crew is childish because people like to be social and have fun at tournies instead of 100% srs bznz all the time...oooook.

Thats basically what i got to. Lets just wait til chibo comes back and explain what he meant.

GOTM

Smash Champion

The "crew" is considered childish when multiple members are invited into some ones home and are asked to keep the noise down when that persons parents are trying to sleep, and they don't.

The "crew" is considered childish when someone's parents are doing them a transportation favour, and they feel it is their duty to annoy not only the parent, but everyone else in the car.

I think he is just asking certain people (who probably know who they are), to grow up.

Chibo never once said anything about how people act at tournaments, nor did I. His post was kind of obvious in that he had pin pointed certain people but didn't want to say any names, so if you think he is pointing out every single person individually, than you're ********.

flizzz

Smash Cadet
slickvik if u join i swear i will stalk you!!! And i mean that in the most non homo way ever!

My peach has gotten so much better! We need to ditto! Both vbrawl and brawl+!
Umm. Ok wait what? You were just at genesis and now all of a sudden the crew has become childish? Obviously you've been thinking about this for some time. So anyway whoever it is(even me) you need to either pm them or txt them or whatever and say exactly whats your problem with them.

As far as being childish. I mean how exactly are we childish? The way we post on here? Dude this is a social topic in a social section of a video game board. Were not suppose to be all serious in every single post. I always thought of this topic as a spot to just talk randomly with members of the crew. I mean have u seen flizz posts? They usually dont have a **** thing to do with anything. Even u get in it when you do your "splooken" posts. So don't act like you dont do it either.

It kills me when people(not you chibo just talking in general) Act all serious over a video game. All of us are here because we like playing brawl. Thats it. Thats the sole reason. Some more then others. Some better and smarter at the game then others. Some feeling more passionate about it then others. But the basic point is everyone here likes playing brawl. To take that fact and try to make it into some boot camp is stupid. It's a video game. Your suppose to have fun with it.

Of course chibo you could of meant something totally different when u posted that and if u did im sry but thats what i got from your post.

And dotcom i didn't see your key. Ill keep looking for it though.

O and good **** steel for passing your driving test! Hopefully ill be getting mine before the end of the month!

DANG!! YO! way to put me out there like that....

what have I done to you?

i simply have to say my feelings are hurt.

even though mostly what i say is crap......i do it for fun..

Dotcom

Smash Lord
Somehow I feel like i'm at fault for some of this, and I honestly don't know in what way Chibo is going to go from here, it's up for loops.

But umm if anything else.
GOTM i still love you.

blakinola

Constantly Delicious
I would say come to my apartment, but I only have one tv and it's an hdtv. So I'm down to go to anyone else's house, provided I don't have to do ridiculous things to get there. Seeing the matches at genesis really amped me up and I need to rep the funky monkey and maybe some new characters.

I really wish I could be more active. I do miss seeing the lot of you. But until I can hold down a new job, then all I can do is play and watch, ya know?

sigh

/emo

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Did Kaylo just ask to play an Olimar?
yay.
Yeah, it's one of Pika's harder matchups.

Also, I just haven't seen you in a while. :(

I really wish I could be more active. I do miss seeing the lot of you. But until I can hold down a new job, then all I can do is play and watch, ya know?

sigh

/emo
(hug) =X

Top Bottom