• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

**Official Titans of Smash (ToS) Crew Thread** We Never Died

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
ive been thinkin and wat would i have to do to join this crew.
i know yall lik to know every1 in yall crew personally, but i jus wana have a place to go in brawl sometimes. i lik brawl in all but i aint tryna make it my number 1 priority. jus wana have a place to go in play. mostly because u guys are like the only smashers in philly that play alot.

so wat u think somebody let me know.
i think its best that with whats going on atm we dont let anyone new in right now
but you dont need to be in our crew to practice with us at all. just arrange some time with ppl idk
genesis seems to be wantin to brawl, and hes not even in our crew lol

GenesisJLS

Smash Journeyman
ive been thinkin and wat would i have to do to join this crew.
i know yall lik to know every1 in yall crew personally, but i jus wana have a place to go in brawl sometimes. i lik brawl in all but i aint tryna make it my number 1 priority. jus wana have a place to go in play. mostly because u guys are like the only smashers in philly that play alot.

so wat u think somebody let me know.
Hey Kirby, you live near Drexel?

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Kirby, we're playing at Evan's tonight.... you live really close by, and iirc you have a car, so I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you come (since he pretty much invited everyone in this thread as long as the whole world doesn't try to show up).

Genesis, you live kinda far.... not sure it'd be worth the trip to play in someone's cramped living room, lol, plus you'd have to leave in time to catch public trans back downtown.

GOTM

Smash Champion
Which crew members that I don't know actually want to play Melee to get better and compete. The Melee scene right now in this crew is dying and I'm pissed.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Which crew members that I don't know actually want to play Melee to get better and compete. The Melee scene right now in this crew is dying and I'm pissed.
If your willing to teach me...... I used to be good at melee but after playing brawl i went back to melee once and was trying to multiple air dodge and glide toss. Um yea...... Never played it again lol.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I would try to compete in Melee, but I'm just..... so, so bad at it. I know how to do stuff like WDing and crap in theory, but my fingers just don't move that fast. x.x

Plus I'd stick with Pikachu, and he's pretty balls in Melee.

GOTM

Smash Champion

Plus I'd stick with Pikachu, and he's pretty balls in Melee.
heh, tell that to Chu lol. thing about Melee is, personal skill overcomes character tier at high levels of play.

I read a post Eggm made saying that 90% of the time at high level play in melee, the person with more skill will win, regardless of character.

I agree with that 100%

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
I really, really, really miss my Melee Link. He was like.......death. Then I picked up Samus......I miss my Melee Samus too, she was like.......death, but from a distance. I love playing Brawl, but I wish it hadn't made me so bad at Melee. I could easily go back and for between 64 and Melee, but Brawl ruined everything for me.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
I really, really, really miss my Melee Link. He was like.......death. Then I picked up Samus......I miss my Melee Samus too, she was like.......death, but from a distance. I love playing Brawl, but I wish it hadn't made me so bad at Melee. I could easily go back and for between 64 and Melee, but Brawl ruined everything for me.
Not as much as that gay purple txt ruined it for everyone on this board.

"In my johnny voice"
(O ****!)

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
heh, tell that to Chu lol. thing about Melee is, personal skill overcomes character tier at high levels of play.

I read a post Eggm made saying that 90% of the time at high level play in melee, the person with more skill will win, regardless of character.

I agree with that 100%
Well then. x.x I guess I'll be sticking with Brawl, lolol.

In all seriousness, though, I tried playing Melee (at a higher level than casual.... I used to kick *** vs. my non-Smash friends), and I just don't have the technical skill for it. :( I'd be willing to learn, but I spend enough time trying to be halfway decent at Brawl. ><

I feel like more people might get into Melee after Genesis. Honestly, I was more interested in what was going on with Melee than what was going on with Brawl. I know a lot of people who felt that way.

Lol @Evan.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Not as much as that gay purple txt ruined it for everyone on this board.

"In my johnny voice"
(O ****!)
This is exactly what I was just talking about in our group. Now, would it be wrong if I countered his statement by saying something like, "My purple text hasn't affected this group in the least bit. The only one complaining about it is you. If you have a problem with something I do, why don't you say it to me in a PM, or better yet, confront me in person." Would it be wrong if I said that, given the circumstances b put forth between me?

You wonder why we're always arguing. Well, this **** right here for starters.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
TUSM, he's just kidding, lol. No one really cares what color you post in.

You could just ignore it. Or make fun of him for something. Or laugh, because it was kinda funny. =X It's not worth getting defensive over a color. On a video game web site. It has no bearing on your worth as a person or anything serious like that.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
He lives across the street from the McDonald's on Ogontz. The one near Cheltenham Mall. I dunno his exact address.... you should PM him for that.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
This is exactly what I was just talking about in our group. Now, would it be wrong if I countered his statement by saying something like, "My purple text hasn't affected this group in the least bit. The only one complaining about it is you. If you have a problem with something I do, why don't you say it to me in a PM, or better yet, confront me in person." Would it be wrong if I said that, given the circumstances b put forth between me?

You wonder why we're always arguing. Well, this **** right here for starters.
O god TUSM. Pmsing much? Ok it seems i cant make fun of tusm no more. Where is that 12 yr old at?

Anyway kkirby i dont care if u come or not however like i said in my pm im trying to get my dad to let me use the living room and his tv and i haven't gotten a chance to ask him yet as he's out and im bout to go out in like 10 mins. Also my cousin is here(who is like 44) And thats a whole different story. arrrg. Hopefully he lets me cause all these people aren't fitting in my little *** room. Anyway if anyone needs to call me the number is 267-467-5877

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
You know I'm down for learning Melee again as we talked recently (and Eggm is hosting biweeklies coming up in a convenient location for both of us), besides that there would be UltimaScout, AztecKing, Mexi, Steel, and Talwind afaik. It's definitely got some potential. Let's practice some Melee in Delaware or South Jersey really soon. Atleast since you started to become inactive, UltimaScout's gotten REALLY good.

I agree with that 100%
This is one of the main reasons I'm so discontent with Brawl. Brawl is so heavily based on matchups and scenarios when in Melee you could actually count on the better character winning, almost devoit of the current situation.

D

Deleted member

I agree with that 100%
I disagree with that 100%. Melee has 9 viable characters out of 26 if you REALLY stretch it for high level play. And don't say "look at chu's pikachu" cause I played it last week and guess what he's still low tier.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
why the hell are you leaving? lol

don't follow vex everywhere, make your own decisions.

also mow, where do you live?

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Lol @ Steel

And evan I don't see what the problem is. I was here before most of you. ToS has changed A LOT. GOTM an Original Member wants ToS for the OG. Things keep changing. Me and Chibo get in dumb arguments and without me and him as close as we were hopefully that will stop. I have my reasons and nothing anyone says will change that.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i just posted another big post in the social group

i tried to convince xzax not to leave :/
i can see where hes coming from however

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Im not done forever, if everything goes well, theres no drama, and me and chibo don't argue for a little while, I will not have a problem coming back if you guys want me back.

blakinola

Constantly Delicious
Evan, I'm not gonna be able to make it to your place, after all, so I'm going to try for something this weekend cause I really want to play smash.

D

Deleted member

GOTM

Smash Champion
I disagree with that 100%. Melee has 9 viable characters out of 26 if you REALLY stretch it for high level play. And don't say "look at chu's pikachu" cause I played it last week and guess what he's still low tier.
Your right, he is still low tier, and probably won't be winning any tournaments anytime soon, but, the point I was trying to make is, why does ChuDats Pikachu beat people. Is it because of Pikachu or because of him? You almost furthered my point for me without even realizing it.

In any game there are characters that suck, and honestly, 9/26 is a lot compared to some. In Brawl, I personally think it's worse. And in Melee, I actually kind of disagree with the 9/26. DJ ***** people with Bowser, why? Because HE's good. Bum used to **** people with DK, once again, because of him. People pick up those characters and expect to do what others do but they can't, it's because as a player, they aren't as good. Look at Chu with IC's or Kage with Ganon, Ka Master with Luigi, Taj with Mewtwo.

I saw a set where Taj was one hit away from beating SS with Mewtwo.

I'm just saying that you might not be the best player in the world with a subpar character, but you can make a hell of a statement and actually get kind of far through brackets if you are talented enough as a player, and put the time in with your character to learn it well.

I don't think this is AS much the case with Brawl.

Edit: that taj vs. SS was only a few months old too.

GOTM

Smash Champion
pikachu in melee aint low tier lol. that rat was dangerous. DK is also legit nasty. There are plenty more successful DKs than just BUM
i know i was just trying to make a point with one player per. character just to have something to base it on.

mad DK's are good, but there are also a lot of good pika's for that matter. zigzag, N64 is decent. etc.

Top Bottom