• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Thread Hawaii Melee Tournament 12/29

Dash

Smash Rookie
MAUI WINTER MELEE (SHOYO'S HOT SISTER)
Maui, Hawaii

Play Melee, get lei'd, drink on top of a mountain while the sun rises, and eat the Hawaiian kine grindz.

Come and feel the aloha.

I'll be sure to take the OOS players hiking, to the beach, secret local spots, and much more if you have any questions please contact me through my information below.

2 day tournament 29th and 30th

So please if you're interested in coming out let me know. We can find housing for you and we want you to stay for New Year's.

CONTACT INFO
AIM: Katsuto
MSN: mydashkey@gmail.com
Cell phone: 808-298-6953

Our crew on Maui will be able to provide transportation and housing for everyone but if you prefer to stay at a hotel I suggest: http://www.mauibeachhotel.net/homepage.htm

If you're interested in housing with one of our local players let me know and I will arrange housing for you.

HYPE VIDEO!!!!:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUkb5pbwrmQ

EVENTS
Singles
Doubles
Draft crews and/or Hawaii vs OOS
New Years party

DAY ONE

10 AM - 12 PM - FRIENDLIES
12 PM - SINGLES POOLS
*after pools are finished we're going to start doubles*
6 PM - DINNER
*we'll either go out with everyone for dinner or we'll order out*

DAY TWO

10 AM - 12 PM - FRIENDLIES
12 PM - 6 PM - SINGLES
6 PM - whenever - PARTY?

OOS
1. Falcomist (confirmed)
2. Silent Spectre - BOOKED

ATTENDANCE
1. Dash - Maui
2. Danger - Maui
3. Daigotsu - Maui
4. twelveAM - Big Island
5. Harmonicry - Maui
6. Cacaw - Maui
7. Pakpak - Oahu
8. Bacon&Eggs - Oahu
9. Ty - Big Island
10. Racer X - Oahu
11. Laserlimited - Maui
12. MIGHTYFOOL - Big Island
13. Shoyo - Oahu
14. Ten - Oahu
15. IrrasO - Oahu
16. Uncle Gannon - Big Island
17. Pinky_Panda - Big Island
18. Falcomist - California
19. Silent Spectre - California

ENTRY FEES
$10 – venue Fee
$15 – singles Entry
$10 – doubles Entry

Singles Neutrals:
FD
Yoshi's Story
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Doubles Neutrals:
FD
Yoshi's Story
Dreamland
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Singles Counterpicks:
Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium

Doubles Counterpicks:
Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise

Stage Striking will be in effect for the first match of the set. The player with the lower port will get to choose the first strike. Loser choses ban before next match.
One ban per player per set. To be chosen after loss.

Modified DSR: You cannot go back to the last stage you won in a set, unless agreed upon by the other player.

The player choice clause!: If both players agree to a rule outside of my ruleset, feel free to play by that. If one player wants to counterpick Mute City and the other player is fine with that because they think it's a fair stage, then that is more than fine. However in the event the two players disagree, house rules stand.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
You gotta think of a better name than "Hawaii Melee Tournament". I suggest "Shoyo's Hot Sister."

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
haha I like it

btw there's a decent chance I can make it, cuz my parents want either me to visit them (in Hawaii), or them to visit me (here in Japan), and I have a whole week off for new year's holiday from Dec. 29 to Jan. 4

:D

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
yo dash

to hype this ****, you should make like this thread http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=63672 and post up some pictures of the hawaii community, venue, attractions etc.

it'll go a long way besides just posting a ruleset. especially since the main draw is the actual trip, not the tournament itself (no offense, but if cali players are coming to this, then cali players are going to win)

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
great, now the opening post is making me smile too much and almost tear up lol

Edit: holy **** who is the guy with the Pokemon Trainer hat on Terence's left, image's right. i hella thought that was me at first hahaha that dude looks like me O.o

Pakpak

Smash Cadet
motives to come to hawaii (for the out-of-state players):

- 75-80 degree weather in december
- some of the nicest sights in the world
- plethora of asian girls
- fireworks on new year's eve
- goooood local eats
- opportunity to check hawaii off your "states i have visited" list
- etc. etc. i'll write more when i think of them

Pakpak

Smash Cadet
try put the confirmed people in the title so it's easier to see

CONFIRMED: Falcomist and Silent Spectre!

^ like dat brah

spacing_out

*desperate downsmash*
Get DarkMusician to go. I wanna ditto his Zelda. But srsly, I hope I can make this. It'll be nice to go back to Hawaii for a little while.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Get DarkMusician to go. I wanna ditto his Zelda. But srsly, I hope I can make this. It'll be nice to go back to Hawaii for a little while.
I left Melee behind a long time ago. I don't have the tech skill or mind set to play competitively anymore. Also I won't be traveling until well into next year unless something miraculous happens with my fathers physical rehab.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Very high chance I'm going to this now. 90%.

95% if I get to team with Tom. :D

Btw SilentSpectre should team with Jeff Tani. LOL, the tightest Jeff + the gayest Jeff. So I can cheer "**** EM UP JEFF!!!!" both seriously and ironically at the same time.

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
Wait, how did Jeff / Justin end up going to this? LOL

Man I'd love to come if... it was more convenient LOL. Sighhh always wanted to see Hawaii.

Top Bottom