• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Takamaru in Brawl Thread! *ADDED MORE MATERIAL*

Stryks

Smash Hero
U know u COULD have checked the 1st post, and THEN post what u think of the song, instead of:

1st post: oh theres a song? gonna check
2nd post: the song is cool...

Anyway, yes sakurai stated he didnt want MANY japan only character, still there COULD be some, Lip and takamuru seem like obvious choices, lip had her item in melee, yet she was nowhere in sight, and takamuru will bring a new style of sword fitting, samurai style...

(whoever said that takamuru, a samurai btw, would play like marth, I rofl at ur commentary XD)

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
U know u COULD have checked the 1st post, and THEN post what u think of the song, instead of:

1st post: oh theres a song? gonna check
2nd post: the song is cool...

Anyway, yes sakurai stated he didnt want MANY japan only character, still there COULD be some, Lip and takamuru seem like obvious choices, lip had her item in melee, yet she was nowhere in sight, and takamuru will bring a new style of sword fitting, samurai style...

(whoever said that takamuru, a samurai btw, would play like marth, I rofl at ur commentary XD)
Why do you pick on me the most?!

There are, like, hundreds of other n00bs out there acting like how you think I act, yet you seem to be focused on me! GET OF MY F***ING CASE!

Stryks

Smash Hero
Well:

1) Ur a n00b too, uve been here, what? a month?
2) U post an average 20 posts per day, and its mostly SPAM, how can I NOT flame u...
3) If u could actually make the post interesting then I would leave u alone...
4) Deny it if u want, but all the facts prove u indeed want to raise ur post count...

Have a good day XD...

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Well:

1) Ur a n00b too, uve been here, what? a month?
2) U post an average 20 posts per day, and its mostly SPAM, how can I NOT flame u...
3) If u could actually make the post interesting then I would leave u alone...
4) Deny it if u want, but all the facts prove u indeed want to raise ur post count...

Have a good day XD...
Don't give me any of that" HAve a nice day" bull crap!

Okay, maybe I technically am a "n00b", seeing as I'm new here, and maybe I do post a lot, but that's because I'm a huge Super Smash Bros., and I love being at this site, though I feel intimidated by the fact that it's so big!

And who says much post has to be interesting? I doubt half the posts on this entire forum have anything interesting to say.

Okay, fine, it's true. I do want to increase my post count! There, I admit it, I'm sorry! It makes me feel big! But I don't want to be considered a loser for getting those posts!

Besides, we all spam sometimes, don't we?

...Okay, that's it, piss off.

D

Deleted member

Calm down yo.

No need to get angry over the net. And heck, everything's slowing down here now. Until the official site gets updated the character page is gonna be the same, with support threads everywhere. Shame, I like the theories best.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Calm down yo.

No need to get angry over the net. And heck, everything's slowing down here now. Until the official site gets updated the character page is gonna be the same, with support threads everywhere. Shame, I like the theories best.
Okay...

I'm sorry, it's just that guy really pisses me off!

Anyway, I found the Wikipedia article for this game, an dI didn't see the link on the first post, so I'll post it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazo_no_Murasamejou

parrothead

Smash Lord
What that article needs is:

* A gallery of necessary screenshots.
* Some more good external links.
* Development information.

AND

* Trivia (if there are some available)

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Not to mention something better than a Babelfish translation - I'm sure that there's some wiki editors out there that can translate Japanese...
I'm sure there is. What the problem is there seems to be a lack of interest in that particular article for those editors...

Also, I just saw the gameplay video. How do you know which way to go? I also noticed that there's a timer. I'd say that makes things more difficult for me, if I were to play it.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Two things: Ever listened to the theme song through headphones? The thing skips between earpieces like a heated game of Pong. Also, why is a Beethoven song in the game? (Both instances were from the link parrothead posted.)

Anyway, I have my reservations. On the other hand, Melee introduced me to Ice Climbers, and SSB introduced me to Ness, so I guess anything can happen.

Hitokiri Battousai

Smash Rookie
Flip, I love you! *Dances.* I want a link so I can add Takamaru to my signature like the one Brawlmatt202 has. :p This definately is what I wanted from my original thread! Still, Samurai Goroh should be in Brawl too! :p Samurai ftw!

I'm downloading a ROM for the game to see how it plays. :p

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
AH! Sakurai likes him, and that moveset is amazing, he has a great chance of making it. Whenever i saw the characters that he considered Takamaru always stuck out to me. Good job fliptroopa, i like the idea better then before!

drewdizzal

Smash Apprentice
Man, if takamaru makes it, I WILL CREAM MYSELF!! I've been playing samurai characters in any game i can get, mitsurugi from soul caliber, Ryoma from Power Stone (if takamaru plays anything like ryoma....HEAVEN). anyways, heres hoping for a true samurai(sorry samurai groh :p) in brawl.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Again, Takamaru seems like an excellent Japan-based character addition. Seeing as Marth will likely be replaced by Ike, Takamaru will fit right in as a swordsman without being the one cook too many in the proverbial kitchen. Plus I just like the music. =)

parrothead

Smash Lord
Seeing as Marth will likely be replaced by Ike,
However, one of the stages seen in the trailers and screenshots is a castle with a Medeus flag from the Fire Emblem anime, based on Fire Emblem 1 and 3. Most likely, Marth will return before some other Fire Emblem character would.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
However, one of the stages seen in the trailers and screenshots is a castle with a Medeus flag from the Fire Emblem anime, based on Fire Emblem 1 and 3. Most likely, Marth will return before some other Fire Emblem character would.
Wow, where'd you spot that?

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
How has this thread gone by the wayside? Takamaru deserves more support. I'm really hoping that we see him in Brawl; he needs to make a comeback!

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Nah, he won't. Someone (I forget who) was discussing that point recently. Takamaru is a samurai, meaning that his style of swordsmanship differs greatly from Link and the FE characters's more European style. If Takamaru were to make it in, he would certainly be different enough from Link to justify his inclusion--not to mention the fact that he's just awesome.

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
Takamaru definitely needs to be BRAWLIFIED. Just like Pit. New looks..even more awesome than before. New abilities too :)

cccck

Smash Journeyman
You know at first I was.. .what the? but this might be cool. lets hope your luck is good.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Sakurai has shown interest in the character, and Nazo no Murasamejou was one of the games that he was previewing in development for characters that he might like to bring back for Brawl. Takamaru would make an excellent addition to the roster! He's fast, he's stealthy, he's agile, and he's powerful. He would be a master of close-range combat, and capable of fending off enemies from a distance with his projectiles. He can even become invisibl / invincible! I guess his only flaw would be low knockback on most, if not all, of his attacks.

...Wait. Doesn't this sound like--ZOMG IT'S SHEIK! :chuckle:

(No, Sakurai wouldn't let that happen again. Takamaru would be more balanced than that. I truly expect to see him appear as a hidden character).

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I dunno if it's that less people are supporting him, but instead that people are more concerned with the popular picks (i.e. Ridley, Geno) that won't make it in for whatever reason. :(

Rest assured, though, that Takamaru has not flown under Sakurai's radar. He acknowledges the character and is interested in including him for Brawl.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
He was mentioned a lot on the poll. I think he has the best chance out of all Japan-only characters. I honestly would be surprised if he wasn't in the game. Well, unless the roster is very small.

But, I love Takamaru, and I will be disappointed if he doesn't show up.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
bumped, because takamaru deserves more than the 3rd page D:

He was mentioned a lot on the poll. I think he has the best chance out of all Japan-only characters. I honestly would be surprised if he wasn't in the game. Well, unless the roster is very small.
hopefully the roster isnt very small. I cant bear the thought of a *shudders* 34 character roster ;A;

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
There's gotta be a reason Samurai Goroh was assisted! He's GOTTA be the reason.

Hong

The Strongest
Takamaru has my support over any retro character, even though I haven't shown any support in this thread. Especially after I've gotten a chance to play Mystery of Murasame Castle. He could be the most interesting swordsman, utilizing bushido and his abilities presented within his game.

Top Bottom