• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Takamaru in Brawl Thread! *ADDED MORE MATERIAL*

PhantomEdge

Smash Journeyman
wow this is pretty tough, i cant decide who would be better for brawl, samuraih goroh or takamaru, i would hope that both of them would make it.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
This is unrelated, but there is a manga in Weekly Shonen Jump in Japan called Nazo no Murasame-kun. I thought it was interesting. hahahaha

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
Does it have the same chars if so then... NOOOOOOOOO!!!

P.S. I'm only saying that b/c he has kind of Anime feel to him which would suggest that he originated from anime/manga.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Does it have the same chars if so then... NOOOOOOOOO!!!

P.S. I'm only saying that b/c he has kind of Anime feel to him which would suggest that he originated from anime/manga.
There was a Mario manga AND american comic books AND live action movie AND anime movie AND anime OVA's, a Metroid manga, a Legend Of Zelda manga, an F-Zero anime, and there is going to be an Animal Crossing anime movie.

I think Takamaru is safe :p

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
I think the name is a coincidence. It is about a kid who is a ninja in modern times and he has to protect his family or something.

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
I couldn't even find this guy on Wikipedia, I don't think he has a chance of being in Brawl nor do i think he deserves to.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I think the name is a coincidence. It is about a kid who is a ninja in modern times and he has to protect his family or something.
In that case, Takamaru FTW!

I couldn't even find this guy on Wikipedia, I don't think he has a chance of being in Brawl nor do i think he deserves to.
1. He has a really big chance :p
2. Why doesn't he deserve it?

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
He hasn't said he's not going to though. In fact, he even said he might add some Japan only characters due to Marth and Roy being so popular (and in effect brought FE outside of Japan). Plus he's shown a lot of interest in Takamaru, so if Sakurai adds any Japan only characters, he's one of the most likely.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Yes, but this time has actually been stated that Sakurai doesn't really want Japanese only characters in brawl since it's emmense popularity everywhere.
What he means is that he doesn't want to add too many, but I'm sure 1 or 2 might be fine. If Skaurai wants to appeal to the world wide popularity, he better add Mike from Star Tropics darnit!:mad:

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
Actually it is undecided if they want to add anymore or not. Marth and Roy were popular(Marth more than Roy), so they still don't know if they will add anymore or not.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Actually it is undecided if they want to add anymore or not. Marth and Roy were popular(Marth more than Roy), so they still don't know if they will add anymore or not.
Oh well, we may never know until it's too late :ohwell:

If he was going to add more J only charcters, Takamaru would be a good addition none the less

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Another fuedal sword character? Samurai Goroh deserves to be the only samurai that gets in, if one has to get in. He seems to have more flavor and personality to base a moveset on. Although I guess Takamaru would add representation to an unrepresented game. But I see Takamaru has more sword heavy then Goroh. Its a tough decision.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Another fuedal sword character? Samurai Goroh deserves to be the only samurai that gets in, if one has to get in. He seems to have more flavor and personality to base a moveset on. Although I guess Takamaru would add representation to an unrepresented game. But I see Takamaru has more sword heavy then Goroh. Its a tough decision.
Sorry dude, but Takamaru >>>>>>>>>> Goroh...

@ parrothead: Interesting rendition and not bad at all for a solo piece. I've had a variation of that tune tune floating around in my head for some time now... too bad I can't play the guitar... >.<

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Samurai Goroh could also play pretty well in the game, but he would definitely not be a sword heavy character. He'd likely use the sword for a few skills, but I can see him, just based on design and personality, fighting more with his body, akin to Ganon or Wario.

Takamaru would, like I've said before, be the TRUE Samurai addition to the game. He would rely almost solely on his sword, aside from his ability to toss kunai, and would play almost like an unholy lovechild between Marth and Link. Nazo was a very popular game in its day, and it was chosen out of dozens of NES games to be rereleased for the GBA in Japan. Nazo is referenced in other games, it appears a bunch of times on Sakurai's "list," and c'mon: it's freaking Japan. They LOVE their Samurai.

Trust me. TAKAMARU IS IN THE GAME. I was sure as hell about Marth in Melee, and now I'm feeling the same about Takamaru in Brawl. I can feel it.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Trust me. TAKAMARU IS IN THE GAME. I was sure as hell about Marth in Melee, and now I'm feeling the same about Takamaru in Brawl. I can feel it.
Marth may have just been a coincidence. I wouldn't jump the gun about Takamaru, though. I think he woyuld be aawesome in the game, but about half of my mind really isn't expecting him.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
CHOQUE!

..... I really want Takamaru to be in the trailer tonight, but chances are he'll just be one of those, "oh, another unlock, cool" after the game's release >.<

GenG

Smash Lord
I don't think they will be showing any new characters, but some ingame footage (attacks, stages maybe) of the yet revealed ones.

And, about the "oh, another, cool"... you have to think about if Takamaru would be that a huge addition enough to be a boom, and that can only be acquired by a renowned character like Pit, Snake or any other third party character.
Although I would love to see Takamaru in Brawl, I just can't refrain to think that Smash Bros. needs to be more appealing for non Nintendo gamers. And characters like Snake are going to help with the issue.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I'll have to agree with FlipTroopa on this; it's just such a completely obvious choice with no contention. Watch the new trailer have Samus and Pit beating on Link and then Takamaru comes out of nowhere to lend a hand. That'd rule.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
As figured, the trailer didn't include Takamaru, but alas! Another day! *bump*

He's gotta be in the game... just gotta...

D

Deleted member

Maybe...but we'll have to see.

I support this character, simply because Ninjas > Pirates.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
If marth gets in really only one more japan only character could make it, coming from a dead series I really don't think Takamaru deserves it as much as Stafy or Demiru

GenG

Smash Lord
Dead as Kid Icarus, Balloon Fight and Ice Climbers? I'd say "latent". The game was ported to the GBA in 2004 and the main theme appears usually in every collection related to Famicom music.

If he were a worldwide character, he would be a shoe in. It's rather sad that some of the most interesting characters are Japan-only.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Difference being that Kid Icarus, Baloon Fight and Ice Climbers were world wide and not restricted to Japan only, Japan only characters are limited and I don't think that Retro Japan Only Characters are as deserving as modern Japan only characters.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Difference being that Kid Icarus, Baloon Fight and Ice Climbers were world wide and not restricted to Japan only, Japan only characters are limited and I don't think that Retro Japan Only Characters are as deserving as modern Japan only characters.
Again, what's to be said about Marth? He was Japan-only, and appeared in two games released well before the time of Melee. There really is nothing holding Takamaru back, other than most non-Japanese games not knowing who he is. But that was the case with Marth anyways, wasn't it? :laugh:

He's still really likely, and just by saying that I feel Takamaru is going to appear doesn't prevent the inclusion of other fan favorites. I think that's the major concern with a lot of people on the internet concerning Brawl, that the vintage selections will "take spots" that more popular and modern characters deserve, when, really, they're sharing the game. The roster can be as big as Sakurai wants it to be; nobody is preventing anybody from being included.

Top Bottom