• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official OFFICIAL SUPER-WAVEDASH DISCUSSION! Please Read and Post Here!

Litt

Samus
Well I would have to agree with HugS here for the most part... I have only ever found the extender helpful in the marth match up, because it is the one thing that gives you a range advantage over marth.

Litt

Samus
I still question why this wasn't called a Shinespark.
Because there is no spark.... there is no shine.... the shine was dubbed as such post discovery of the swd... I still question why you question the name of a tech that has been around 13x longer than yourself, and why you think it matters?

pizzacato

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
coda#0
NNID
Pizzacato
Because there is no spark.... there is no shine.... the shine was dubbed as such post discovery of the swd... I still question why you question the name of a tech that has been around 13x longer than yourself, and why you think it matters?
This may have been semi-recent. Yes I understand that the term was coined, set, and everyone knows what it is; no need to change it. And I know this account says I joined in 2013, but I'm just as well versed as anyone. It's a post, don't argue it. The question: I merely wonder if a Metroid fan were to have discovered the AT, if things would be different. That is all. #DUH

Litt

Samus
Yes, things may have been different, but they werent ^_^ #wasting time

Corigames

Smash Hero
Not to continue to raise tensions on the boards, but this is exactly why people have a problem with you K. Just... unnecessarily rude.

Litt

Samus
Meh, im pretty sure that has already been discussed and if not, the answer was obvious so I gave it

Corigames

Smash Hero
Because there is no spark.... there is no shine....
That's a rather lame thing to point out considering that it's called the Super Wavedash and it doesn't relate to a wavedash at all. You don't wave dash, you don't air dodge, it doesn't require jumping, abd you don't dash as much as you slide. It should be called the Speed Booster or Morph Ball Boost since those things are more accurate AND Metroid related AND not to be conflated with other Melee tech.

Ultimately, the question was at minimal rhetorical and at most a poke to get Metroid fans to chime in. Instead, you took it as a low life n00b trying to come in and ruin everyone's life by changing vocabulary and felt the need to put him in his place. Also, you were, apparently, forced to respond instead of ignoring it or laughing it off making you waste your time.

The obvious answer was, "Someone else named it something stupid and it stuck." Why the rudeness?

Litt

Samus
That's a rather lame thing to point out considering that it's called the Super Wavedash and it doesn't relate to a wavedash at all. You don't wave dash, you don't air dodge, it doesn't require jumping, abd you don't dash as much as you slide. It should be called the Speed Booster or Morph Ball Boost since those things are more accurate AND Metroid related AND not to be conflated with other Melee tech.

Ultimately, the question was at minimal rhetorical and at most a poke to get Metroid fans to chime in. Instead, you took it as a low life n00b trying to come in and ruin everyone's life by changing vocabulary and felt the need to put him in his place. Also, you were, apparently, forced to respond instead of ignoring it or laughing it off making you waste your time.

The obvious answer was, "Someone else named it something stupid and it stuck." Why the rudeness?
Ok well there is no spark or shine... and there are correlates with it and wavedashing, from the ground when the down b is used, it does in fact pop you off from the ground, similar to a very low jump, which is necessary for a wavedash... jumping. Also in a wavedash, an input in a specific direction is necessary to glide in that direction, and taken to the extreme in the "SUPER" wavedash aspect, you can glide, like in a wavedash, but across the screen. So no, its not something that drastically stupid, like a shine spark, but perhaps the name is not given justice to the series in which the character came from. The rudeness stems from the hundreds of other post i have seen about changing the name of the swd both on this board and ESPECIALLY on the PM samus board when the double swd was discovered, so when you do in fact put a person in their place, they realize, one, I shouldnt flood the board with stupid questions, and two, is stops others from jumping on the change the name band wagon.

Last edited:

pizzacato

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
coda#0
NNID
Pizzacato
Ok well there is no spark or shine... and there are correlates with it and wavedashing, from the ground when the down b is used, it does in fact pop you off from the ground, similar to a very low jump, which is necessary for a wavedash... jumping. Also in a wavedash, an input in a specific direction is necessary to glide in that direction, and taken to the extreme in the "SUPER" wavedash aspect, you can glide, like in a wavedash, but across the screen. So no, its not something that drastically stupid, like a shine spark, but perhaps the name is not given justice to the series in which the character came from. The rudeness stems from the hundreds of other post i have seen about changing the name of the swd both on this board and ESPECIALLY on the PM samus board when the double swd was discovered, so when you do in fact put a person in their place, they realize, one, I shouldnt flood the board with stupid questions, and two, is stops others from jumping on the change the name band wagon.
omg what if it was called a shinespark. Such a brand new idea. Change the name band wagon #20XX
It's grown to the point where a 9 word post has the power to completely anger supreme leader: Klit.
You're not a moderator Klitty, if it really bothers you how much things cycle and cycle and cycle, then go report it.

Litt

Samus
omg what if it was called a shinespark. Such a brand new idea. Change the name band wagon #20XX
It's grown to the point where a 9 word post has the power to completely anger supreme leader: Klit.
You're not a moderator Klitty, if it really bothers you how much things cycle and cycle and cycle, then go report it.
Im sorry but you are confusing anger with me just shutting down a stupid idea for a name that has been around for... years. Pizzacato, you posted your question, you got an answer, and you were thoroughly shut down, move on and stop rocking the boat. Its not a brand new idea, its not a shine, its not a spark, and this is me telling you, its has been called a swd for a long time and just because you (and countless others before) dont like the name, does not mean its going to change. Im sorry but I didn't name call you dude, why are you starting up with calling me Klitty? I am not a supreme leader, but more experienced players guide these boards, and telling someone the name of the swd has been discussed over and over is not being a supreme leader, its squelching a discussion that is as old as the tech itself. You were the one bringing it up again, just so you get a little attention, now seriously, chill out pizzacato, you are still a rather new samus yourself, and its perfectly fine to flood the boards and get yourself known in such a way, but diving back into age old topics isnt going to get you the attention you want. This isnt a matter to report, but something you should have realized before posting, by.... reading through past posts or created threads and then you would have found this discussion has been revived and killed off countless times.

Your original post, "I still question why this wasn't called a Shinespark." <-- no offense, but that comes off as a... question asking to be answered... I gave you one... then you gave me attitude for not humoring your post....

Your later post, "It's a post, don't argue it. The question: I merely wonder if a Metroid fan were to have discovered the AT, if things would be different. That is all. #DUH"

^^^^^ HMMMMM WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST ASK THAT.... THE FIRST TIME :/ perhaps if you were a bit more........ clear? other players would be able to covey to you, what you actually wanted from your first post. #Duh? when you give people attitude, they are less inclined to be super duper nice to you.... so hmm, you call me overlord, and klitty, and you give me attitude... but perhaps think about your conduct here before raging about how something else is speaking to you. (Hint: Chances are you did something to annoy them first, or you did not word a question properly, they gave you a response you didn't like, you gave them attitude, and that pissed them off ^_^ )

pizzacato

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
coda#0
NNID
Pizzacato
Im sorry but you are confusing anger with me just shutting down a stupid idea for a name that has been around for... years. Pizzacato, you posted your question, you got an answer, and you were thoroughly shut down, move on and stop rocking the boat. Its not a brand new idea, its not a shine, its not a spark, and this is me telling you, its has been called a swd for a long time and just because you (and countless others before) dont like the name, does not mean its going to change. Im sorry but I didn't name call you dude, why are you starting up with calling me Klitty? I am not a supreme leader, but more experienced players guide these boards, and telling someone the name of the swd has been discussed over and over is not being a supreme leader, its squelching a discussion that is as old as the tech itself. You were the one bringing it up again, just so you get a little attention, now seriously, chill out pizzacato, you are still a rather new samus yourself, and its perfectly fine to flood the boards and get yourself known in such a way, but diving back into age old topics isnt going to get you the attention you want. This isnt a matter to report, but something you should have realized before posting, by.... reading through past posts or created threads and then you would have found this discussion has been revived and killed off countless times.

Your original post, "I still question why this wasn't called a Shinespark." <-- no offense, but that comes off as a... question asking to be answered... I gave you one... then you gave me attitude for not humoring your post....

Your later post, "It's a post, don't argue it. The question: I merely wonder if a Metroid fan were to have discovered the AT, if things would be different. That is all. #DUH"

^^^^^ HMMMMM WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST ASK THAT.... THE FIRST TIME :/ perhaps if you were a bit more........ clear? other players would be able to covey to you, what you actually wanted from your first post. #Duh? when you give people attitude, they are less inclined to be super duper nice to you.... so hmm, you call me overlord, and klitty, and you give me attitude... but perhaps think about your conduct here before raging about how something else is speaking to you. (Hint: Chances are you did something to annoy them first, or you did not word a question properly, they gave you a response you didn't like, you gave them attitude, and that pissed them off ^_^ )
I actually respect that answer. Yeah, I got aggravated. But my last post was satire and I just didn't think much of it. I apologize for any sour tension, KLit. I guess these rage posts set off with small phrases like this, "and why you think it matters?" that made me feel insignificant and like I didn't know up from down. It doesn't matter you're right, but try to be more choice driven to answer on these threads. We wasted a good page on this thread bantering, and next time you see something that just doesn't sit right with you, don't answer it. It may be better off just gathering dust.

Corigames

Smash Hero
"so when you do in fact put a person in their place, they realize, one, I shouldnt flood the board with stupid questions..."

No, all they do is realize you're a jerk.
"its perfectly fine to flood the boards and get yourself known in such a way, but diving back into age old topics isn't going to get you the attention you want"
Maybe not from you, but some of us like hypotheticals. Some of us like to have pleasant conversations about the character we play and the games they come from. Some people are just weird and do stuff like that.

No one forced you to respond. No one told you to be mean. You had no obligation to "pull rank" on someone because they wanted to talk about something you didn't want to talk about. The fact is that it was going to be the stepping stone for a fun conversation or an empty comment with no audience, instead, and as usual, it turned into you flaming someone... this time on the presumption that some newbie wants to ruin your life by demanding we change terms.

Last edited:

pizzacato

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
coda#0
NNID
Pizzacato
@ Corigames Corigames Let's not further extend this. It was settled, let's move on.

Also, I still think the homing missile should be officially named, "the beep beep".

Last edited:

Litt

Samus
"so when you do in fact put a person in their place, they realize, one, I shouldnt flood the board with stupid questions..."

No, all they do is realize you're a jerk.
"its perfectly fine to flood the boards and get yourself known in such a way, but diving back into age old topics isn't going to get you the attention you want"
Maybe not from you, but some of us like hypotheticals. Some of us like to have pleasant conversations about the character we play and the games they come from. Some people are just weird and do stuff like that.

No one forced you to respond. No one told you to be mean. You had no obligation to "pull rank" on someone because they wanted to talk about something you didn't want to talk about. The fact is that it was going to be the stepping stone for a fun conversation or an empty comment with no audience, instead, and as usual, it turned into you flaming someone... this time on the presumption that some newbie wants to ruin your life by demanding we change terms.
Cori seriously what is your problem? Just because someone shuts someone else down, does not mean they are taking the fun out of the game, I told the kid that the name has been there for a while and its not going to change, if he created a new threat to discuss it for fun that would be awesome, go for it... but seriously dude, just look at the title... OFFICIAL DISCUSSION... all in caps, and talking about silly **** isnt in the title, so change that or just shut the **** up already. You are comparing what you deem to be super not nice for my standard of behavior... where I was just shooting him a quick comment, because I did feel bad no one even acknowledged it. You will never catch me holding someone's hand and being super dooper nice to someone, because that just is not me, but you seriously need to reconsider your standards and how they translate to other people, sure people can have fun with the game and discussing its characters and content, but on a pinned post on an official discussion... YOU TALK ABOUT USEFUL TOPIC RELATED INFO, you wanna create an OFFICIAL RENAMING TROLL DISCUSSION THREAD.... go ahead, but stop juding others to your own standards which they don't care about, because what you are doing to me, is exactly what you feel I did to pizzcato... so just leave me alone and if you don't like what I say, just like if I don't like what someone else says.... keep your mouth closed :)

ToTs

Smash Artist
NNID
x_ToTs_x
I think I tried to make this same point in the PM boards about SWD not actually having to do with wave dashing. Obviously the name won't be changed, but still, don't have to be an Jack*** about it. Which I see is also happening in the Melee boards,...WOW lol

Anyways, has anyone managed to SWD through the air off a platform? I seen it on a TAS video. SWD to Self destruct on FD.

Last edited:

JerkPhil

Smash Journeyman
I don't think it's humanly possible. It requires several frame perfect inputs iirc.

Smash Journeyman
samus equivalent of waveshining ;)

it might be reasonable to do 2 bomb wavelands off a slightly depleted shield -> some other move to break the shield though

JerkPhil

Smash Journeyman
One wavebomb / /bombdash / bombland is usually enough to make your next move shield poke :)

Smash Journeyman
I already read your post a few months ago, but wanted to talk about it again

what's the big deal

Litt

Samus
"OFFICIAL SUPER-WAVEDASH DISCUSSION! Please Read and Post Here!"
Kinda thought the title was self-explanatory :/

Smash Journeyman
sure, but it's more reasonable to say something like "please keep the thread on-topic; discuss that [here]" instead of being completely condescending :/

ToTs

Smash Artist
NNID
x_ToTs_x
None of that is new and I posted it literally months ago.... and even frame perfect this pressure is not safe at all

http://smashboards.com/threads/new-dimension-of-samuss-metagame.342123/

^ Just look through the threads before posting crap that has already been discussed
I dont know who you're actually talking to, but I'm assuming its me for posting the link.

First off I'M not even talking about the BOMB pressure, I was talking about SWD through the air which I clearly said. Which is also what JerkPhil replied to, talking about perfect inputs.

Litt

Samus
I wasn't even speaking to you ToTs, as for 343, we both know what is within reason, and how I never really choose to do it, you choose to deviate from the stickied topic at hand, I choose to be condescending to get my point across, basically... there is a place to discuss something, and if you do it in the wrong one, sami later down the road will waste more time trying to look for it in places that it should be.

BillNyeTheSamusGuy

Smash Journeyman
Hey, is there like somewhere else that ppl go to talk about samus cuz I only ever see like 5 ppl on here. I mean I know samus isn't a popular character pick but come on.

Smash Journeyman
we should start an irc channel :) in fact I just made one, #samus-melee on quakenet

(you can go to webchat.quakenet.org, enter a nick, and join the channel)

Last edited:

ToTs

Smash Artist
NNID
x_ToTs_x
So I managed to SWD through the air twice yesterday. I'm not sure how I did it. I was trying to link as many reverse SWD as possible. The two occurrences seemed to happen right by the ledge .

So here is how I was doing it.

Down B - SDI Left (as soon as you drop bomb)~flick right = SWD

Then repeat while your in a SWD.

I'll try to record this week and see if it shows up again.

Litt

Samus
So I managed to SWD through the air twice yesterday. I'm not sure how I did it. I was trying to link as many reverse SWD as possible. The two occurrences seemed to happen right by the ledge .

So here is how I was doing it.

Down B - SDI Left (as soon as you drop bomb)~flick right = SWD

Then repeat while your in a SWD.

I'll try to record this week and see if it shows up again.
You are still on this dude? Just light shield while facing away from the ledge, so you would normally grab it, but when you light shield before falling off the stage, you save your momentum and continue onward in a tumble animation, side note, learn your terminology and what SDI really means

Last edited:

ToTs

Smash Artist
NNID
x_ToTs_x
You are still on this dude? Just light shield while facing away from the ledge, so you would normally grab it, but when you light shield before falling off the stage, you save your momentum and continue onward in a tumble animation, side note, learn your terminology and what SDI really means
Wrong!! Does anyone actually like getting replies from you?! You act like a know it all. Tumbling animation is not SWD in the air its just tumble animation with more momentum, you can do that with a regular WD. I know what SDI is, but yeah i did use it wrong, here (DI hard with analog left or right).

SWD in the air consists of me being in bomb state but flying through the air, NOT TUMBLE. "your still on this dude?" Why the hell does that even matter. I don't even know why I bother reading anything you post towards me. your the most problematic person on the Samusboards.

Litt

Samus
Wrong!! Does anyone actually like getting replies from you?! You act like a know it all. Tumbling animation is not SWD in the air its just tumble animation with more momentum, you can do that with a regular WD. I know what SDI is, but yeah i did use it wrong, here (DI hard with analog left or right).

SWD in the air consists of me being in bomb state but flying through the air, NOT TUMBLE. "your still on this dude?" Why the hell does that even matter. I don't even know why I bother reading anything you post towards me. your the most problematic person on the Samusboards.
You are so aggressive and defensive dude, to call someone else the most problematic person on smash boards, the difference between the two is moot, because the tumble animation is easier to pull off and they accomplish the same thing. How about getting better than me, then you can talk ****, until then keep your mouth shut when it comes to other players and opinions about them. :)

ToTs

Smash Artist
NNID
x_ToTs_x
You are so aggressive and defensive dude, to call someone else the most problematic person on smash boards, the difference between the two is moot, because the tumble animation is easier to pull off and they accomplish the same thing. How about getting better than me, then you can talk ****, until then keep your mouth shut when it comes to other players and opinions about them. :)
Are you a top Samus player?! Yeah didnt think so! Keep tooting your own horn I could careless. from what I've read in these forums, you are, plenty of people have problems how you communicate with others. So if your gonna come at me that way expect me to be aggressive punk.

Litt

Samus
Are you a top Samus player?! Yeah didnt think so! Keep tooting your own horn I could careless. from what I've read in these forums, you are, plenty of people have problems how you communicate with others. So if your gonna come at me that way expect me to be aggressive punk.
Just because someone has had a past of something, does not mean they always continue to do it. If you read my post, it was intending to be helpful, giving you a solution to the problem you have been working on for a while, because I saw you have been having trouble getting it down while still in morph ball, I thought perhaps you didn't know about the other way, because really they do the same thing at the end of the day. However you were the one who agressived first bud with the way I responded to your inquiries, so just because you have seen me have a problem with other players, does not mean you should try and start **** with me. First you dont know the circumstances, nor have you been around long enough to, I pretty much revialized this samus board because for a while it literally was dead, and even plup is appreciative for that. I may not be the best samus on here, but I do know pretty much every damn thing there is to know about samus in this game, and you should at least respect that when I respond to a question you post. Don't go looking for fights bro, I finish them, but I have tried to stop starting them, this one is on you.

ToTs

Smash Artist
NNID
x_ToTs_x
Just because someone has had a past of something, does not mean they always continue to do it. If you read my post, it was intending to be helpful, giving you a solution to the problem you have been working on for a while, because I saw you have been having trouble getting it down while still in morph ball, I thought perhaps you didn't know about the other way, because really they do the same thing at the end of the day. However you were the one who agressived first bud with the way I responded to your inquiries, so just because you have seen me have a problem with other players, does not mean you should try and start **** with me. First you dont know the circumstances, nor have you been around long enough to, I pretty much revialized this samus board because for a while it literally was dead, and even plup is appreciative for that. I may not be the best samus on here, but I do know pretty much every damn thing there is to know about samus in this game, and you should at least respect that when I respond to a question you post. Don't go looking for fights bro, I finish them, but I have tried to stop starting them, this one is on you.
Just stop Klit I've had problems with you in the past. Actually anytime you've said something to me has been rude or at least came off rude to me, so me acting as I did is kind of a given. Yeah waking up the Samus boards is cool but still. You replied like dude you still can't do this, and just assumed what you thought I was trying to do. I never said I was practicing it prior to this first post either. SDI part was the only part that wasn't a assumption, but you still managed to be rude about it. Doesn't matter I'm done talking bout this with you.

Litt

Samus
But however, I do apologize for blowing up on you KLit. Yeah that ones on me
You have to understand the perception of the possibility of being rude permits rudeness to be interpreted even when it is not intended tots... You interpreted what I said as rude to you, but that is literally just the way I speak to everyone, so you shouldn't use such a cut and dry standard of what you interpret as rude, to universally translate for others expectations of their own words in a given situation to come off as rude.

Top Bottom