• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official OFFICIAL SUPER-WAVEDASH DISCUSSION! Please Read and Post Here!

Knut

Smash Apprentice
yo Klit...i only read like 3 or 4 posts on this page, and they are all pertaining to how obnoxious you are. i have seen you, time and time again, posting incredibly condescending **** on here. its like you're trying to be some alpha male via text. it doesnt do anything but make you look like a ****. a few slight adjustments are all that is necessary for people to maybe start appreciating your posts. i honestly dont care either way. i get a kick out of the drama. but its just something to think about.

Litt

Samus
Can Samus super wavedash in the air?
Well you can technically do it through the air off stage if you do it off the ledge and roll off during frame 42, or the easier way to just face away from the ledge -> swd -> light shield, and you will fly off the stage

Litt

Samus
yo Klit...i only read like 3 or 4 posts on this page, and they are all pertaining to how obnoxious you are. i have seen you, time and time again, posting incredibly condescending **** on here. its like you're trying to be some alpha male via text. it doesnt do anything but make you look like a ****. a few slight adjustments are all that is necessary for people to maybe start appreciating your posts. i honestly dont care either way. i get a kick out of the drama. but its just something to think about.
Dude, honestly you could have said this to me in person or facebook because you know me, besides with ToTs, who did fly off the handle at me first, despite me trying to assist him with a problem he seemed to be stugling with for a while, I have been getting progressively better, everyone for the most part recognizes it, and you yourself say that you never go on smash boards... So really you have not been on here and just read posts, not knowing or realize when they are from, and how far they span, and think its cool to be that passive aggressive in which to tell me to shape up. You have been my goal and a samus I have looked up to for a while now, and I still do, I acknowledge I can be condescending on here sometimes, its kinda fun when someone is arguing with you and you just know they are wrong, but thats is something I am actively trying to stop doing and I apologize for the majority of it. I do try to lead the boards in a good direction man, you can even see that I made a guide for PM samus and they stickied it to the forum. By telling people you make yourself look like a ****... its bascially saying dude you are a ****... and I dont appreciate that, especially because I thought we were cool, as I said, you could have said something to me in private, but you chose to openly put such a harsh passive aggressive condescending post to scorn me and try to make me change my ways with some choice words. Just for future reference man, words coming from a friend mean a lot more than a flame post on an open forum.

ToTs

Smash Artist
NNID
x_ToTs_x
KLit,...water under the bridge with you and I at least. I'd rather not have to burn the bridge that I just built. So be cool and we will be cool. I'll be cool so you should never have a reason to be rude to me.

ToTs

Smash Artist
NNID
x_ToTs_x
Can Samus super wavedash in the air?
You can also max SWD on stage and drop a bomb early after SWD has been initiated then hold the analog in the direction you're going. Most of the time she keeps her momentum and just flys through the air. However she's still in bomb state so you're vulnerable and you can't attack until animation is over. It's still a neat little trick.

Last edited:

Litt

Samus
KLit,...water under the bridge with you and I at least. I'd rather not have to burn the bridge that I just built. So be cool and we will be cool. I'll be cool so you should never have a reason to be rude to me.
Yeah Im cool with that, you seem like a fairly intelligent player and quite knowledgeable on samus now, I was mainly speaking with Knut b/c I have known him for a while and for him to call me out on the boards instead of just telling me in person was surprising and upsetting, he was my first samus role model and mentor.

Smash Journeyman
I think Knut is probably a decent person (well, I've never met him, but I'll assume so), and had a good reason for calling you out on the boards instead of privately. I don't think he's trying to insult you or hurt your feelings, but he's trying to tell you that the way you post here needs to change.

I think many people (including me) appreciate that you're _trying_ to be helpful in these forums, but you default to very aggressive, and frankly, often rude language. There are many times when the essence of what you say is 100% correct, but you present it in a manner that insults the person you're talking to and makes you sound like you think you "know it all." I'd like to think that it's not an attitude problem, but a language problem; just tone down your language when you're posting, and these "flare-ups" won't happen as often.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
I guess I'll also ask in here in case anybody missed it...

Got 5th at a VA tourney a week or two ago. I feel like I'm getting a better hang of the Sheik MU, but I still need a lot of help with that one. Can somebody harshly critique these videos? I know I made a lot of sloppy mistakes. Unfortunately, the quality of these vids is not that good (the latter half of each one is pretty un-watchable)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bvo6rCJEgsY (Samus vs Marth)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1wRsjWpqUs (Samus vs Sheik; only game 3 was recorded)

Litt

Samus
Here is the hardest crique I can give, you are more focused on putting out missiles than focusing on what sheik is doing or wanting to do to you, YOU CANT LET THEM BACK ON THE STAGE ONCE YOU GET THEM OFF, YOU NEED TO GET THAT KILL AS EARLY AND LOW OF PERCENT AS YOU CAN GET, because its near impossible to gimp a good sheik, count the number of fairs you were hit with in the match and if the numbers are anywhere close together, that means you lost the match. You also telegraph your movement and intentions on the ground so much when you are approaching sheik, and on the topic of approaching sheik, you never really let her try to approach you, you need to be able to read her approaches and punish them accordingly by baiting out wiffed grabs/dash attacks/fairs

GoomySmash

Smash Apprentice
I just did the rocket dash/boost (aerial super wavedash) at full speed.

I can't do it consistently, getting it maybe only 1/100 times, but I definitely did it! I'll see if I can record a video of me doing it soon.

I discovered some ways to make the inputs way easier for a human to do (it's still hard as hell) but I have proof it's possible.

I'll make a bigger post soon so you can see the discoveries I made on the rocket dash.

Last edited:

GoomySmash

Smash Apprentice
Aerial SuperWavedash/rocket boost is possible! I've heard of other people doing it but I've never seen it in real time on video.

Video
Sorry for the bad quality and lack of editing, I just had to get it out there.

Hopefully soon I'll be consistent enough to use it in tourny. I have a feeling it will be extremely situational just like the regular SWD but it'll have slightly different applications.

Last edited:

GoomySmash

Smash Apprentice
So here's a TAS frame by frame analysis of the different ways to do the rocket dash/rocket boost/aerial super wavedash.

(Note: This is the most optimal way of preforming this technique meaning you will go the farthest. You can get this technique to work fine as long as frame 1, you're holding the control stick generally towards the platform, up/down doesn't matter, frame 2 you're holding the control stick generally away from the platform, up/down doesn't matter, and frame 3+, you're holding the control stick generally towards the platform.)

The green suit samus is controller 1, the normal samus is controller 2.
The inputs are basically representing what the control stick of each controller is doing. (Regular grey analog stick on the left, c-stick on the right)
So these 2 different ways of inputting the technique have the exact same result, but for some people the green samus' inputs might be easier.
You either input down and toward the platform, or you slightly tilt the analog stick towards the platform the first frame.
Assuming your analog stick was in the neutral position the frame before and you are in bomb animation on the edge of a platform as shown, this should be the first input:

(Note: This rocket boost is not being preformed on the first possible frame it could be so if it was preformed earlier in the bomb animation you could theoretically go farther.)

Second frame/input of the technique:

Both the green samus and normal samus are smashing all the way away from the platform they're on.

Third frame input:

After you've smashed all the way away from the platform on the third frame you do the same input you did on the first frame. Either holding down and towards the platform or tilting towards the platform.

For all other frames of the bomb animation you have to keep holding in this position or you will stop immediately.

Here's frame 4:

As you can see, still holding the same input and still flying.

And the final frame (once the bomb animation is over):

You can see both Sami went the same distance even though they did different inputs.

I cut some custom notches in my controller to do exactly what the green samus did. I've found it's hard even at 1/4 speed in training mode to do the tilting method. I've found sometimes that tilting back the first frame and holding down and towards the platform on the third frame+ is another way of inputting if you're more comfortable with that.

Another thing: depending on how optimally you do it (meaning if you do the exact same inputs as the images) you will have more leniency of how far away from the edge of the platform you can preform this technique and still go flying. If you do it completely perfectly you can start in bomb animation in about the center of the pokemon stadium platform and still go flying. If you're just trying out learning it then try rolling to the edge of the platform, dropping through and bombing (that's what I did to set up this TAS).

If you let the analog stick return to neutral while you're flying you will immediately stop. This gives you more options if you preform it optimally, because you can basically choose at what point you'd like to stop, whereas if you did it non-optimally you could only go a certain distance before you stopped just from the animation ending.

If you are considering trying to learn this technique, be warned: At full speed it's even a little harder than the Short Hop Fast Fall Missle Cancel.

----------

How this technique works (this is most likely an asinine explanation, but this is just my theory):
Like the superwavedash, this is an exploit of the daughter dash mechanic. The daughter dash essentially teleports you small distances as samus while she's on the ground and in bomb animation.

The mechanics of being in bomb animation on the ground and in the air work differently.

The way the regular superwavedash works is that you do a daughter dash on the very last frame you're in ground-bomb physics. Normally you would just do a single daughter dash (what some people refer to as "SWD too early"), but because you're no longer in ground bomb physics once you've already moved, you retain your momentum from the daughter dash.

The rocket boost works similarly, but instead of transitioning from ground bomb physics just to "regular game physics", you transition from ground bomb physics to air bomb physics.

So if you do a daughter dash off of a platform then you transition from one type of physics to another. For SOME REASON (I honestly have no idea) you have to "trick" the game into thinking you're still in ground bomb physics by holding the control stick towards the platform. This way you can keep the momentum from the daughter dash.

----------

Anyways, I hope you all start learning how to rocket dash!

Litt

Samus
So here's a TAS frame by frame analysis of the different ways to do the rocket dash/rocket boost/aerial super wavedash.

(Note: This is the most optimal way of preforming this technique meaning you will go the farthest. You can get this technique to work fine as long as frame 1, you're holding the control stick generally towards the platform, up/down doesn't matter, frame 2 you're holding the control stick generally away from the platform, up/down doesn't matter, and frame 3+, you're holding the control stick generally towards the platform.)

The green suit samus is controller 1, the normal samus is controller 2.
The inputs are basically representing what the control stick of each controller is doing. (Regular grey analog stick on the left, c-stick on the right)
So these 2 different ways of inputting the technique have the exact same result, but for some people the green samus' inputs might be easier.
You either input down and toward the platform, or you slightly tilt the analog stick towards the platform the first frame.
Assuming your analog stick was in the neutral position the frame before and you are in bomb animation on the edge of a platform as shown, this should be the first input:

(Note: This rocket boost is not being preformed on the first possible frame it could be so if it was preformed earlier in the bomb animation you could theoretically go farther.)

Second frame/input of the technique:

Both the green samus and normal samus are smashing all the way away from the platform they're on.

Third frame input:

After you've smashed all the way away from the platform on the third frame you do the same input you did on the first frame. Either holding down and towards the platform or tilting towards the platform.

For all other frames of the bomb animation you have to keep holding in this position or you will stop immediately.

Here's frame 4:

As you can see, still holding the same input and still flying.

And the final frame (once the bomb animation is over):

You can see both Sami went the same distance even though they did different inputs.

I cut some custom notches in my controller to do exactly what the green samus did. I've found it's hard even at 1/4 speed in training mode to do the tilting method. I've found sometimes that tilting back the first frame and holding down and towards the platform on the third frame+ is another way of inputting if you're more comfortable with that.

Another thing: depending on how optimally you do it (meaning if you do the exact same inputs as the images) you will have more leniency of how far away from the edge of the platform you can preform this technique and still go flying. If you do it completely perfectly you can start in bomb animation in about the center of the pokemon stadium platform and still go flying. If you're just trying out learning it then try rolling to the edge of the platform, dropping through and bombing (that's what I did to set up this TAS).

If you let the analog stick return to neutral while you're flying you will immediately stop. This gives you more options if you preform it optimally, because you can basically choose at what point you'd like to stop, whereas if you did it non-optimally you could only go a certain distance before you stopped just from the animation ending.

If you are considering trying to learn this technique, be warned: At full speed it's even a little harder than the Short Hop Fast Fall Missle Cancel.

----------

How this technique works (this is most likely an asinine explanation, but this is just my theory):
Like the superwavedash, this is an exploit of the daughter dash mechanic. The daughter dash essentially teleports you small distances as samus while she's on the ground and in bomb animation.

The mechanics of being in bomb animation on the ground and in the air work differently.

The way the regular superwavedash works is that you do a daughter dash on the very last frame you're in ground-bomb physics. Normally you would just do a single daughter dash (what some people refer to as "SWD too early"), but because you're no longer in ground bomb physics once you've already moved, you retain your momentum from the daughter dash.

The rocket boost works similarly, but instead of transitioning from ground bomb physics just to "regular game physics", you transition from ground bomb physics to air bomb physics.

So if you do a daughter dash off of a platform then you transition from one type of physics to another. For SOME REASON (I honestly have no idea) you have to "trick" the game into thinking you're still in ground bomb physics by holding the control stick towards the platform. This way you can keep the momentum from the daughter dash.

----------

Anyways, I hope you all start learning how to rocket dash!
So in a nut shell, swd but just on the lip of a platform and don't let the stick return to neutral? (If I am getting that right, its not only a ton more difficult than shffmcs, its also even more impractical than the swd in the first place)

GoomySmash

Smash Apprentice
So in a nut shell, swd but just on the lip of a platform and don't let the stick return to neutral? (If I am getting that right, its not only a ton more difficult than shffmcs, its also even more impractical than the swd in the first place)
Not exactly. The regular SWD only requires 2 frame perfect inputs, whereas the rocket boost requires 3 frame perfect inputs. It would be more accurate to say 'SWD on the lip of a platform, then hold back towards the platform and don't let the stick return to neutral'

Personally I've tried learning the SHFFMC and I've learned the rocket dash and the rocket dash is definitely harder, but not by much. I'm sure it depends on your personal preference on how to execute the rocket dash but it might be easier/harder for some people.

And yeah, I'm not certain how useful this technique is, but I could maybe see it for going super deep after hitting an opponent offstage for edgeguarding. Because it can be preformed on the first frame of the bomb animation it might allow for different applications to the normal SWD. Once I perfect it I'll try and use it in-game and see if it's ever useful.

Litt

Samus
Not exactly. The regular SWD only requires 2 frame perfect inputs, whereas the rocket boost requires 3 frame perfect inputs. It would be more accurate to say 'SWD on the lip of a platform, then hold back towards the platform and don't let the stick return to neutral'

Personally I've tried learning the SHFFMC and I've learned the rocket dash and the rocket dash is definitely harder, but not by much. I'm sure it depends on your personal preference on how to execute the rocket dash but it might be easier/harder for some people.

And yeah, I'm not certain how useful this technique is, but I could maybe see it for going super deep after hitting an opponent offstage for edgeguarding. Because it can be preformed on the first frame of the bomb animation it might allow for different applications to the normal SWD. Once I perfect it I'll try and use it in-game and see if it's ever useful.
I do not understand how it is possible to be used at the first frame of the bomb animation... you are stuck in the morphball until frame 42.... also

"Pressing any direction after the
SWD is initiated will slow down the
SWD no matter what, including crouch
cancelling."

so pressing towards the platform according to frame data would cause your swd to slow down...

GoomySmash

Smash Apprentice
I do not understand how it is possible to be used at the first frame of the bomb animation... you are stuck in the morphball until frame 42.... also

"Pressing any direction after the
SWD is initiated will slow down the
SWD no matter what, including crouch
cancelling."

so pressing towards the platform according to frame data would cause your swd to slow down...
Ah! but that's the glory of the rocket boost. Unlike the regular superwavedash it uses a different exploit of the daughter dash to move.
The daughter dash can be preformed on any frame where samus is in her morph ball and is on the ground. It's the exact same input as the superwavedash, she'll just teleport a tiny bit instead of flying across the stage.

The reason why the SWD only works on frame 42 is because it's a daughter dash on the last possible frame of the bomb animation. However the rocket boost works because it's a daughter dash that gets interrupted because of the transition from "ground physics" to "air physics" (These are just terms I've heard to describe this before). So with the rocket boost if you do a daughter dash off of a ledge on the first frame you will still go flying.

Holding back towards the platform after the rocket boost does slow it down, but not by much. Depending how hard you hold back (tilting vs smashing all the way towards the platform) you will actually slow down the rocket boost more. If you hold your control stick as far towards the platform as you can you will go slower. If you only tilt it slightly you will not be affected as much by your drifting (is that the right word?) influence and you will go farther.

Again, this is a totally different move than the regular SWD and so it acts differently in a lot of ways.

Litt

Samus
Ah! but that's the glory of the rocket boost. Unlike the regular superwavedash it uses a different exploit of the daughter dash to move.
The daughter dash can be preformed on any frame where samus is in her morph ball and is on the ground. It's the exact same input as the superwavedash, she'll just teleport a tiny bit instead of flying across the stage.

The reason why the SWD only works on frame 42 is because it's a daughter dash on the last possible frame of the bomb animation. However the rocket boost works because it's a daughter dash that gets interrupted because of the transition from "ground physics" to "air physics" (These are just terms I've heard to describe this before). So with the rocket boost if you do a daughter dash off of a ledge on the first frame you will still go flying.

Holding back towards the platform after the rocket boost does slow it down, but not by much. Depending how hard you hold back (tilting vs smashing all the way towards the platform) you will actually slow down the rocket boost more. If you hold your control stick as far towards the platform as you can you will go slower. If you only tilt it slightly you will not be affected as much by your drifting (is that the right word?) influence and you will go farther.

Again, this is a totally different move than the regular SWD and so it acts differently in a lot of ways.
^ is a great explanation and should be included in the original description for clarification purposes

Litt

Samus
Spent the morning learning this tech, and by no means is it viable, only way I can ever get it to work is when doing it frame by frame in debug menu, and even on 1/4 speed its just not happening, its cool yes, but even less viable than the swd

Smash Journeyman

Corigames

Smash Hero
@ GoomySmash GoomySmash
How close to the ledge/platform do you have to be to execute this?
If you fly off the ledge quickly but immediately slow down, is the error that the 3rd frame input was improperly done?

GoomySmash

Smash Apprentice
@ GoomySmash GoomySmash
How close to the ledge/platform do you have to be to execute this?
If you fly off the ledge quickly but immediately slow down, is the error that the 3rd frame input was improperly done?
The range is 1 daughter dash from the ledge. So maybe about 2 morph ball lengths from the ledge (just estimating). It's not super strict on how close you need to be.

And the second question if I understand correctly, yes. If you fly off the platform and go about 1-2 morph ball lengths, then immediately stop, it means you did a daughter dash off the ledge, so you got the first 2 inputs right.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Ok. I was practicing this a bit today and I got it once but was mostly doing what I described above. I guess that means I just need to do it correctly, faster. I'm probably not getting back to the position in one frame or am but letting it go neutral (or something). Thank you.

GoomySmash

Smash Apprentice
Ok. I was practicing this a bit today and I got it once but was mostly doing what I described above. I guess that means I just need to do it correctly, faster. I'm probably not getting back to the position in one frame or am but letting it go neutral (or something). Thank you.
It's a really REALLY hard technique. I've been practicing this technique for months and I can get it about once per match if I'm lucky. Not really worth learning in my opinion, unless you have every other Samus tech down to a T. Still, be my guest for trying to learn it. The custom notches I made in my controller make the technique a lot easier at full speed and in training mode.

It's a really REALLY hard technique. I've been practicing this technique for months and I can get it about once per match if I'm lucky. Not really worth learning in my opinion, unless you have every other Samus tech down to a T. Still, be my guest for trying to learn it. The custom notches I made in my controller make the technique a lot easier at full speed and in training mode.
huehueh

Give me two days.

Also you guys may want to check out a post I made here, it discusses whether Melee is balanced or not, I have some small commentary on Samus near the end as well. The middle's a bit rambly, I might edit later but I just needed to post it. The very top part and the tl;dr at the bottom are the interesting points.

http://smashboards.com/threads/so-w...leased-smash-game.391887/page-2#post-18866679

huehueh

Give me two days.
Ok so update from a couple nights ago:

I learned and became pretty comfortable with doing the Super Duper Wavedash (SWD, then 4 frames later on frame 46 press down [I think release by frame 47 for maximum distance], then press shield on frame 47, then grab (press A) on frame 48, you should increase your SWD distance by about a third? You also throw your grapple out, which is nice, because it will grab when first possible or you can extender and then do it which will cause you to go past your opponent without grabbing them on FD because the extender is too slow lol (if they're at the right range).

I did it 7 times in a row. You can tell its a Duper and not just a shield+grab because you can see Samus duck down slightly (the trick is to space down+shield with enough room, otherwise you'll swd into a sidestep; however, I'm not letting go of DOWN right as I'm shielding, I find that I only go the same distance as if I had just shield+grabbed instead. (One set of instructions said to let go of down by the same frame you shield, phanna/omnigamer's video says just to 'press down' on frame 46, and yet the mother guide says to hold down.) So, I might not be entirely correct but regardless, you do go considerable more distance than the SWD, you have your grab out, and you can make it easier by omitting the DOWN input before the shield+grab. You go almost exactly in-between the two distances shown here (except Samus will actually go farther if not blocked by the tail-ledge): http://gfycat.com/GiftedTotalChihuahua It could also be that I'm doing the down+shield+grab slightly late (a frame, maybe two), which is giving me less distance, but not as much distance as you'll ever play on (you'll hit the end of FD no matter what).

So, I learned to SWD+shield grab too. P-e-z.

Next, I tried the Aerial SWD (rocket boost? why not boost ball? lmao). I didn't realize until the very end though that it wasn't simply doing a SWD then holding back - basically I did it wrong the entire night, no wonder it felt like I was SWD then dropping off the ledge, lol. So my questions are, does it have to be before the swd, like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9sa8133NBI&t=2m40s ? But since it's a daughter dash, it doesn't have to be at any particular time, right?
"TL;DR"

Found this: http://smashboards.com/threads/samu...ow-includes-pictures-for-the-sdmsddswd.63749/ Messy but I think I understand it, heh. GoomySmash's post is better basically.

If so, I still couldn't get it. So no aSWD (boost ball? lol) for me. One idea in that thread is to reset my controller slightly in one direction, then let my stick fall to neutral after the initial SWD to practice getting a feel for it, I'll try that.

Second, is this

Smash Journeyman
not quite? I'm doing a ledgehop -> bomb -> no drift -> swd -> turnaround -> grab ledge. Perfect Control is doing a ledgehop -> bomb -> drift as far as possible -> swd backward.
Ohh you're turning around after you SWD, got it. Yeah I thought you were daughter dashing and then reverse-swd-ing, I'm like "I've missed out".

GoomySmash

Smash Apprentice
Ok so update from a couple nights ago:

If so, I still couldn't get it. So no aSWD (boost ball? lol) for me. One idea in that thread is to reset my controller slightly in one direction, then let my stick fall to neutral after the initial SWD to practice getting a feel for it, I'll try that.

Second, is this
I've tried that method and had some success. If you plug in the controller while the stick is slightly tilted then you can get it to the point where it doesn't make you do a slow walk when you don't touch the controller, but when you lay a bomb you'll drift slightly to the side. If I recall correctly you can set it so it just barely doesn't make you slow walk but it'll still allow you to do the aswd. I might not be entirely correct on the non-slow walking part, so try it a couple different ways. You can set the stick harder to the side, but the Rocket boost/boost ball/aSWD/ won't go as far and it'll be harder to set up.

I've gotten it in full speed using this method but it can actually be sort of hard to flick the control stick correctly consistently. I'd recommend trying on 1/2 or 1/4 speed and seeing if you can do it.

Essentially once the controller is making you drift to the side then you just need to do one flick in the opposite direction and you should aSWD.

So if samus is doing a slow walk to the right when you're not touching the control stick, then you want to drop a bomb while you're on the left side of a platform/ledge. Then you want to do a really quick single flick of the control stick to the left and let go of the stick. After that you should be doing a aSWD flying leftwards across the stage.

Corigames

Smash Hero
According to the above link:

Let me show you the data SDM gave me:

If you slowly (Lowest of the three walking speeds) walk off the edge and instantly/ASAP hold back to the edge. Then, on frame 18 in air use the bomb, keep holding the stick back towards the stage! On frame 8 of the bomb, Samus will have that tiny little jump (or more likely bounce) on stage. On 9, keep holding back (towards the center of the stage/platform), on 10 hold away. And finally on 11 hold back. The more light you hold, the farther the *aSWD*
So you don't have to do the aSWD on from 41->42? Not that it exactly makes the technique sound more easy to do, but I think this makes it a far more viable strategy for competitive use. Walk off stage time + 18 frames in air + 10 in bomb = ~20-25 frames. That's about half the time as the other method of SWD making it much harder to react to.

According to the above link:

So you don't have to do the aSWD on from 41->42? Not that it exactly makes the technique sound more easy to do, but I think this makes it a far more viable strategy for competitive use. Walk off stage time + 18 frames in air + 10 in bomb = ~20-25 frames. That's about half the time as the other method of SWD making it much harder to react to.
Yeah-

As Nigzel's guide/SDM said, the SWD only works because you're daughter dashing on the last possible frame before Samus leaves the ball animation (and then there's no where for the game to go or whatever so you fly away). while the daughter dash itself is just the SWD input (left-right, back to back). So, to aSWD, you just daughter dash at any viable point along the bomb animation, within a daughter dash's distance from the edge or so, and then hold back or down at that angle - wait, I just figured it out: the reason the weird down angle works is because it just allows you to 'lock' your stick with the same amount of x-axis input, as the y-axis input doesn't matter (so long as you're not jumping) - if I'm reading this correctly.

So, yeah - the aSWD can be done at like any point along the bomb animation between frames like 7 and 40 or whatever the data said.

Corigames

Smash Hero
I have to agree with the notching of the controller. After getting it down at 1/2 speed and moving up to 2/3 speed, I realize how hard it is to do the 1 frame of slight movement without messing up. It's possible without, but soooooo hard. I have a spare contorller that I'm going to file the bottom of the control stick edges and see if I can get it consistent then. If not, then I'll keep this trick as a lulz thing like the shrinking Yoshi glitch or flat Kirby glitch.

GoomySmash

Smash Apprentice
I have to agree with the notching of the controller. After getting it down at 1/2 speed and moving up to 2/3 speed, I realize how hard it is to do the 1 frame of slight movement without messing up. It's possible without, but soooooo hard. I have a spare contorller that I'm going to file the bottom of the control stick edges and see if I can get it consistent then. If not, then I'll keep this trick as a lulz thing like the shrinking Yoshi glitch or flat Kirby glitch.
I notched my controller and I can get it at full speed usually the first time I try that day, but then every time after that I can't do it for some reason. My goal is to do it in a tourney match on stream just for the novelty. I've done it in friendlies before, and honestly, it's not very good lol. Regular SWD is much easier and much more viable to do.

Top Bottom