• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Standard Custom Moveset Project: Robotic Operating Buddy

PUK

Smash Ace
NNID
Simlock92
3DS FC
4141-4118-5477
So now that every one (more or less) played a little with custom, did your opinion change in any way about rob custom?

Piford

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperZelda
So now that every one (more or less) played a little with custom, did your opinion change in any way about rob custom?
I have been dabbling using all the sets, and here's my current thoughts

I hate Robo Rocket. It feels so limiting to use it. I only ever used it once to go high up for an up air kill, but I can usually do that better with High Speed Burner. High Speed Burner probably should be used over any other Up B basically all the time. I feel like it was a bad call giving it two sets instead of another custom like Wide Angle Beam or Fire Gyro. I would probably say default up special or infinite robo beam deserve a first set (outside 1111 for default up special) over the second for Robo Rocket.

The two sets I use the most are 1231 and 1332. I feel like those cover basically all the match-ups for me. I might run 1331 in some match-ups possibly, but nothing really comes to mind. Basically if I want to reflect things I use 1231 and if I don't I use 1332. If it's iffy where I might find myself needing to reflect or I might not, I tend to go 1231 on smaller stages like Smashville, and 1332 on larger stages like Duck Hunt.

Oracle

Smash Master
Robo rocket is mostly useful for matchups where your opponents arent going deep offstage and they have vulnerable recoveries, ie falcon olimar fox etc. Having that spike gets you kills in situations where you would otherwise have to settle for something like a nair or even just let them back on stage for free. I need more testing but it can get early kills vs villagers exploding balloons (though you have to keep your dj so you arent boned if you trade). a lot harder to use effectively than up 3 but definitelt has its uses

1Miguel1

Smash Cadet
NNID
m1Miguel1
I currently feel like 2231 is our best set, and it's not even on the list.

Wide-angle beam travels faster, has a wider angle, and recharges faster. Yes, it's worse when you have a guaranteed laser punish because of less damage, and its also harder to control. But you can get insane kills with it and you have an easier time winning the neutral game. Again, it travels faster and recharges faster. This also makes it better in campier matchups

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
Just wondering, why does every set with Robo Rocket have Slip Gyro with it? Is there something I'm missing here? (I always have Fire Gyro no matter the other moves.)

F!NAL_F0RM

Smash Rookie
NNID
F1NAL_F0RM
3DS FC
2208-6769-2044
My custom specials: 1222

I use default neutral special because the others are too weak

I use reflecter arm because standard side special isn't a good attacking or reflecting move, and reflecter arm is good at reflecting

I use robo rocket because it's fast and can spike opponents

I use fire gyro because it does more damage

Top Bottom