• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Stage Legality Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkest-Link

Smash Apprentice
there should only be 3 legal stages

battle field

Final Destination

Bridge of Eldin (are you kidding me.......thats banned and norfair isnt?)

if not that then anything with harming events should be banned because otherwise its not skill its luck......yes i know bridge of eldin has a event but god........dude you need to be a ****** to die on that

infomon

Smash Scientist
You, sir, must be very confused. How much experience do you have with high-level play? Why on earth would you suggest that Yoshi's Story isn't a "legal" stage??

Mmac

Smash Lord
Bridge of Eldin isn't banned because of an Event (If it was, then any stage with something that can kill you would be banned), but rather it heavily favours Projectile Spammers, Campers, and people with Chaingrabs up to the point it pretty much makes them broken.

It's just too huge and flat, with permanent walkoffs

BibulousDan

Smash Apprentice
Sky World is easy to get trapped under the stage (ie can't go through platforms) and when the platforms are gone, you can't grab on to any edges....very non-ideal stage conditions for many characters

Halberd is flat....despite all those bombs, claw, or laser, it's not something that will kill you instantly and don't drastically affect game play.
By that logic Halbred should be banned not Sky world, plus you cant pick and chose. By that i mean you cant just say, oh well so and so cant recover hare, well Lucas and Ness can't always recover on FD nor can Ivy and Oli all the time. So by that statement FD should be banned!

SARCASM

Darkest-Link

Smash Apprentice
so? thats their strategy let them use it, im not encouraging it but its still fair, just annoying.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
so? thats their strategy let them use it, im not encouraging it but its still fair, just annoying.
It's not fair, some characters can't compete on this stage and it gives some characters an overwhelming advantage, that's why it's banned. I don't see why your having so much trouble understanding this.

BibulousDan

Smash Apprentice
It's not fair, some characters can't compete on this stage and it gives some characters an overwhelming advantage, that's why it's banned. I don't see why your having so much trouble understanding this.

Sounds just like FD to me pal. Some charecters on EVERY stage have and advantage/disadvantage of some sort. ALL

Darkest-Link

Smash Apprentice
ya and guess what look at stages like norfair WAY more characters have a disadvantage there than characters do at BoE. Mainly slow characters.

Kirby vs Ganondorf, Norfair already withoutout checking the characters skill or the tier list i know ganondorf is going lose because he cant dodge the events like kirby

infomon

Smash Scientist
Kirby vs Ganondorf, Norfair already withoutout checking the characters skill or the tier list i know ganondorf is going lose because he cant dodge the events like kirby
Ummmm... I just got home from a smashfest, where a bunch of ppl were talking about how great Norfair is for Ganondorf. Norfair has a lot of snappable edges, so it's great for characters with poor recoveries, like him (and especially tethers :o ). The lava is not a threat at high-level play, unless you're getting smacked into it. Ganon is just as capable as anyone of using his shield, or an airdodge, or grabbing the edge to avoid it. It's not very difficult.

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
ya and guess what look at stages like norfair WAY more characters have a disadvantage there than characters do at BoE. Mainly slow characters.

You kidding? All those ledges not only let Ganon recover easily, but it really helps in Dair game, and there's the fact he can, under the right circumstances, Forward B in the air, grab the opponent, hurtle them down off the screen, and manage to survive.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
You kidding? All those ledges not only let Ganon recover easily, but it really helps in Dair game, and there's the fact he can, under the right circumstances, Forward B in the air, grab the opponent, hurtle them down off the screen, and manage to survive.
Also if Ganon is gimped he could avoid it with the lava. I'd say it's a pretty good stage for ganon.

Darkest-Link

Smash Apprentice
Ummmm... I just got home from a smashfest, where a bunch of ppl were talking about how great Norfair is for Ganondorf. Norfair has a lot of snappable edges, so it's great for characters with poor recoveries, like him (and especially tethers :o ). The lava is not a threat at high-level play, unless you're getting smacked into it. Ganon is just as capable as anyone of using his shield, or an airdodge, or grabbing the edge to avoid it. It's not very difficult.

your kidding right? big fat wall of lava coming at me and i can shield that? well if you guys know something about shields i dont feel free to speak up because ive never heard of a shield surviving that.

now picture this as well: Olimars course, your fighting, your winning........frog eats you.

infomon

Smash Scientist
your kidding right? big fat wall of lava coming at me and i can shield that? well if you guys know something about shields i dont feel free to speak up because ive never heard of a shield surviving that.
Aye, alright fine, when it's the wall coming from the side, or the rising from the bottom, you can't shield. You gotta move outta the way for those, which isn't hard because you get time to see them coming. The fire-spurts and the wall from behind the level are easily shieldable and also give you lots of warning.

now picture this as well: Olimars course, your fighting, your winning........frog eats you.
NOWAI can't happen

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Sounds just like FD to me pal. Some charecters on EVERY stage have and advantage/disadvantage of some sort. ALL
Yeah, but not to the point where the disadvantage is "You cannot recover."

your kidding right? big fat wall of lava coming at me and i can shield that?
Yes. However I think if you hold shield the second it appears in the background your shield will break as it gets there, so be smart and wait til it's close before shielding.

Have you actually played on the stage? Unless you intentionally DI into it's mouth, or stand on his nose for a decent period of time, you will not be eaten. What do you think happens, he jumps on stage and chases after you or something?

Oracle

Smash Master

*sigh*

Seriously. Have you even played there?

I'm getting tired of these noobs.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
No f'in duh. The difference between Eldin and Fd is that on Fd you can't be chaingrabbed to your death on the edge of the stage.

Darkest-Link

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, but not to the point where the disadvantage is "You cannot recover."

Yes. However I think if you hold shield the second it appears in the background your shield will break as it gets there, so be smart and wait til it's close before shielding.

Have you actually played on the stage? Unless you intentionally DI into it's mouth, or stand on his nose for a decent period of time, you will not be eaten. What do you think happens, he jumps on stage and chases after you or something?
Heres a example

Me vs my cuz, 20 seconeds into the game i knock him on the toad, it takes a look at him and he jumps back into the game. 2 stock later i get knocked onto the frog.......*gulp* GAME!

Mmac

Smash Lord
Me vs my cuz, 20 seconeds into the game i knock him on the toad, it takes a look at him and he jumps back into the game. 2 stock later i get knocked onto the frog.......*gulp* GAME!
It's not even physically possible to do, even with a low attack like G&W's Hammers. The Monster's lip isn't even angled to "Stage Spike" into his lower part of it's mouth (Where it activates the eating trigger). The only logical way that you'll get eaten if if someone Spikes you into it. Anything else is your own **** fault!

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
So, I heard that a Wario Farted from the ground during the wind part of PokeS2, and died. That stage should be banned. That is all.
So a single problem with a single character during a single part of a changing stage means that the stage should be banned?

Right, and I'm Captain Basch Von Ronsenburg of Dalmasca.

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
Captain Basch Von Ronsenburg of Dalmasca: I think Pierce7d was joking...
at least, I hope he was...... >.>
Think back to every stupid thing that has been posted on the internet, and the percentage that has been serious.

Hope is dead.

Darkest-Link

Smash Apprentice
anyone with the IQ of 70 can hit you on the toad, well not the toad itself but if you get knocked on that side your trying to recover, yes your going to land on the toad

infomon

Smash Scientist
Anyone with an IQ of 69 can avoid getting hit onto the toad. If you find it so scary, be the one to hit your opponent at the toad. Also, this isn't really a big deal at high-level play; just because you're not good at a stage, doesn't mean the pro's can't handle it. No offense, I just think your perspective on this is very naive compared to the experience of the SBR.

There could come a time when the stage gets banned, but it would be for many reasons besides the toad.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I was messing around on the stage and the Bluborb's grab hitbox is deceptively large. My character stood on it's butt and still got eaten. Seriously. LOL.

AlexX

Smash Ace
I was messing around on the stage and the Bluborb's grab hitbox is deceptively large. My character stood on it's butt and still got eaten. Seriously. LOL.
Then just avoid it entirely.

I've played on the stage a mountain of times since the game's release (it's one of my favorites) and I haven't gotten eaten by it once.

Darkest-Link

Smash Apprentice
Anyone with an IQ of 69 can avoid getting hit onto the toad. If you find it so scary, be the one to hit your opponent at the toad. Also, this isn't really a big deal at high-level play; just because you're not good at a stage, doesn't mean the pro's can't handle it. No offense, I just think your perspective on this is very naive compared to the experience of the SBR.

There could come a time when the stage gets banned, but it would be for many reasons besides the toad.
alright then im going to watch your matches if you EVER get hit and have the need to recover then im sorry but ur IQ is under 69

Mmac

Smash Lord
You know, the entire discussion on Distant Planet is completely flawed because you can't even hit your opponent into the creature at all into a position where you'll get eaten. It's impossible. You can bounce him into the upper part of the mouth, but it wont bounce you into the lower part and get you eaten

Darkest-Link

Smash Apprentice
dude if your hit in that direction and your about to die, but the toads there are you going to

A)Jump on the toad and PRAY you dont get eaten

B)Do what you do now and just die.

Clearly you have chosen B congratulations you now realized you fail at life

AlexX

Smash Ace
You forgot option C: head back towards the main stage (seeing as how the bulborb isn't so far from the rest of the stage that attempting to get back to it is no longer an option).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom