• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Stage Discussion- New Minor Update 19/4

Zink

Smash Champion
I agree. With those essentials, and maybe a couple odd stages, the game is set. Maps for SSB aren't that hard to make IMO.

Lishy

Smash Journeyman
That Mario Kart stage looks more like Figure-8 Circuit to me.
same here lol.

Personally, I love the new battle field.Its kinda peacefull and it doesent look like it has a bad atmosphear.A floating island in the sky....makes more sense then pokemon stadium!

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I would really like it is the Hyrule castle from 64 was back.

FD I hope returns. The new levels look pretty promising. The Yoshi level looks cool... is there a small platform on the left? Hmm.

Really excited to play on that destroying platform level...

SMRPG1

Smash Cadet
The new stages shown in the latest trailer definately look alot better than the stages from Melee. The new Mario kart stage looks very well done.

Lit

Smash Ace
yeah good pics but i am still mad that we hav to wait another year before ssbb gets lauched....

icymatt

Smash Lord
Okay, I'm thinking that the Metal Gear level will consist of two parts: the surface(the snowy part you see in the screen I posted), and a network of tunnels underneath it(what you saw in the one screen on the site and in a few scenes of the trailer).

Could be interesting.

Cain

Smash Cadet
Man! i hope they make some F-Zero levels and they have all the old one from melee. I want to play in old levels with new characters.

Pikaluk

Smash Cadet
I say no to the whole "bond" level. I dunno, just doesnt fit IMO. but I am pumped for the fire emblem castle level. woot.

OhCripe119

Smash Apprentice
I like the idea of having indoor levels for the first time, even though, I guess Mr. Game & Watch's stage was kinda indoors. It wouldn't exactly make sense when you send someone flying into the backround and they only go about 5 feet back, but they're really small, but who cares, it increases stage possibilities. I personally think Peach's stage (under the assumption she returns) should be the entry way to Peach's Castle from Super Mario 64, with the staircase, the ground and upper floors and those two small platforms on either side of the stairs (I tried to find a picture, but failed). Also, I know I'm not the only one who'd love a Bowser's Castle stage.

icymatt

Smash Lord
Okay, they've done it again:

We got a new stage in here.

I can almost guarantee it's Metroid. Most Metroid's have a space station world near the beginning.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I hope that thy have more massiv level like hyrule in the new super smash brothers i would have for their to be all small levels like battle field/ or Fountain of dreams

OhCripe119

Smash Apprentice
I'm gonna have to agree with Moon Monkey on this one. Levels need to be a stretched out a bit for Brawl. I find myself only playing at Hyrule, Corneria, and Final Destination, because most other levels are too confined to fit four comfortably. I know the point of Smash Bros is mass chaos, but give me a little breathing room. In some levels it's either fight or fall. There's no room to go to regroup before dying valiantly as you make your final stand.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Is it just me or is that the mushroom kingdom castle being taken under siege? If so Nintendo is realy trying to give all of it's characters a serious look for th system

GenG

Smash Lord
Is it just me or is that the mushroom kingdom castle being taken under siege? If so Nintendo is realy trying to give all of it's characters a serious look for th system
That castle doesn't have anything to do with Mario or Zelda. It's Fire Emblem's.

Fimbulvetr

Smash Rookie
I've skiped a lot of pages, so if someone's already posted this, sorry.

If anyone can get a clearer one, go ahead, this one's from the low-res trailer.

If you ask me, it looks oddly similar to N64 Hyrule. However, I still think the theme of the castle suits Fire Emblem much better. It's in the NW trailer, close to the end. If you can find it, notice that the flaming arrows come from the front of the screen and go to the back, meaning you can get hit by them.

I noticed the thing with ZSS being on Fox's level too. You're probebly right about it going into the atmosphere.

It seems that with the exception of the 'Battlefield' stage, they're all much deeper than before. After watching the first trailer a few times, I think that both the hanger and when flying around in the sky are the same stage (they also both have Metaknight's Halberd).

If you ask me, Melee's Hyrule is a little too big. Mind you, it makes for some interesting long distance fights with projectiles.

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
Actually, I believe I recognize Exatctly where that stage is from. It looks like the indoor portion of Mission 3 from Starfox Assault. I believe it's called the Sargasso Space Zone.

I couldn't find a suitable picture to illustrate my point, but for any of you with Starfox Assault, just start mission 3, and right where fox lands upon starting is pretty much what I believe this stage to be.

cllzzrd

Smash Apprentice
I do not know if anybody ahs said this, but in the first trailer when they show the castle under seige for the first time, you can see mario, link, kirby, and pikachu fighting in the background in the middle left, they are REALLY small. I just thought i would point that out

PIKACHUz

Smash Apprentice
when i first saw that pic i also thought it was from starfox assault (pretty much the only starfox game i've played)
I'm hoping they have more OoT (or twilight princess) stages to represent dungeons. It would be awesome to have a dungeon stage with obstacles from the actual game (moving spikes, falling blocks, etc)
They can really do a lot of stages for each character/game so it would be too much to have as many as i would like.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
As I thought...

Entering Corneria atmosphere... NOW!
Oh snaps! Very nice find. I'll add it on page 1

EDIT: Destruction_King, I've also grabbed your theory on the location of Fox's stage.

GenG

Smash Lord
Actually, I believe I recognize Exatctly where that stage is from. It looks like the indoor portion of Mission 3 from Starfox Assault. I believe it's called the Sargasso Space Zone.

I couldn't find a suitable picture to illustrate my point, but for any of you with Starfox Assault, just start mission 3, and right where fox lands upon starting is pretty much what I believe this stage to be.
But, this stage is actually Command's new Great Fox (although you have the original one in the background).

It can go through atmospheres, so it appears in both space and ground stages.

Red7z7

Smash Apprentice
Oh, baby. Looks to me like they've taken a much more balanced, simplistic approach to the levels (at least the ones we've seen so far); there's not many hazards or obstacles visible except the karts driving on mario circuit. Also looks like the stages are more spacious, which would make the pace of the game a little slower and less chaotic, because the extra distance between characters forces players to calculate their attacks more carefully. I like this approach because it works well for balanced tournament play. The only bad thing--and I can't say how bad--is that big stages favor fast moving characters that have a lot of mobility (only in matchups against slow moving characters), since they can utilize the extra area for evasive tactics, mindgames, variations of approach/attack, etc... they can basically "circle" the slow opponent without fear of getting hit. It's not an unbeatable advantage, but it's still magnified the bigger the stage gets.

If I were to choose favorites, based entirely on these pictures, I would choose:
1) Yoshi's Island -- It just looks so beautiful and simple, it's amazing.
2) Great Fox/Lylat Planetary Orbit -- simple, expansive, balanced, what else is there to say?
3) the "battlefield redesign" -- I liked the concept of Battlefield in ssbm, but I didn't like how it was so small and too cramped. This redesign keeps the simple concept, but makes it bigger and more comfortable. good good good good.

---> It's interesting how Metaknights ship stage changes in size over the progression of time. We see it starts out medium, then in the second picture its giant as the ship lights up.
---> In general, the stages are more visually appealing, especially the backgrounds.

Top Bottom