• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Stage Discussion- New Minor Update 19/4

Iggy K

Smash Ace
If there was a Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy level it'd be one of the only leve's I'd use.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
ooooohh...so the "under attack hyrule temple" is actually the top of a fire emblem castle...interesting.....well that preety much guarantess...marth's and roy's return...and since they are getting added support...maybe a 1 or 2 new fire emblem characters will make it into this game...very interesting....peace

-hiroshi

icymatt

Smash Lord
Having a Fire Emblem stage doesn't mean both Marth and Roy will return. Marth is much more likely than Roy.

Nemba

Smash Cadet

Now a stage based off the original Super Mario Brothers would be awesome. Similarly to what we've seen on previous SSB titles from SSB and SSBM. Although, the difference would be an addition of those rotating fireballs or possible slowly falling spikes, and/or those block dudes that smash on top of you when you get near them- forget their names. Any new Old-School Mario Brothers stage which those inclusions would be awesome.

EnFerris

Smash Journeyman
Well, if Brawl follows a format of home stages for most characters, with a few more thrown in, I think the stages might look something like this (keep in mind this is based of my roster for characters, and that characters who don't need stages were not included):

1 Mario-Mushroom Kingdom. Hopefully with Warp pipes aplenty.
2 BowserBowser's castle. Thwomps and lava aplenty
3 Yoshi-Yoshi Island.
4 Wario- Wario Ware Factory.
5 Link, Hero of Time- Hyrule Castle. The classic Noob stage.
6 Link, Hero of Winds (Not a clone)- Windfall Island. Cel-shaded glory
7 Pikachu- Pokemon Stadium. Is there really much else?
8 Samuz/Zero Suit Samus. Brinstar.
9 Ridley- Brinstar Depths. Dizzying assistance from Kraid.
10 Dark Samus (Not a clone)- Dark Aether. Head for the light crystals.
11 Kirby- Green greens. Trees got lungs.
12 MetaKnight- Halberd.
13 Donkey Kong- Kongo Jungle
14 Diddy Kong- Gangplank Galleon
15 Fox- Corneria. Arwing Attack.
16 Marth- Akaneia, Daein, wherever. It's going to be a castle.
17 Ness- Fourside
18 Olimar- The Pikmin Planet
19 Captain Falcoln- Mute City
20 Little Mac- A Boxing Ring. Can be bounced against ropes, and can stand on lights and such.
21 Pit- The Heavens. Pokefloats based.
22 Sonic- Angel Island. Big Blue Based.
23 Megaman- Will have a stage, although I'm not sure what it'll be.
24 Snake- Will have a stage, but I'm not sure what it'll be.

Also:

25 An Animal Crossing Stage
26 A Tetris Stage
27 BattleField
28 Final Destination

That's good for a bare minimum. I can see about seven more. BUt we don't need as many Mario Stages this time.

Zink

Smash Champion
I'm thinking the Daein castle points to Ike as opposed to Marth/Roy. Not saying those two will be cut but Ike is from the game that features Daein Castle so you'd think that would be indirect proof.

GenG

Smash Lord
I'm thinking the Daein castle points to Ike as opposed to Marth/Roy. Not saying those two will be cut but Ike is from the game that features Daein Castle so you'd think that would be indirect proof.
However, the castle in the trailer is not Daein's.

icymatt

Smash Lord
Well, if it is, then Daein Castle had a location and flag change since Path of Radiance.

EnFerris

Smash Journeyman

Yes, I've seen close-ups of the flag in the trailer, and of the Daien crest. While they are somewhat similar, it is not the Daien crest. Perhaps it will be set up to sell Fire Emblem Wii. It's tricky since each Fire Emblem game is in another setting. What makes it more complicated is that- as Ike, Roy, Marth, Eliwood, and Sigurd are all similar characters who would have similar movesets- They May ALL be included as alternate costumes of the same character. Hopefully a second Fire Emblem Character would use a weapon other than a sword. So I think that whatever castle is featured should be from the Fire Emblem Series in general, and there should be no bickering about which character it is for.

ja_ov

Smash Cadet
i think a tetris level would be awesome dude

you could be in a box with random tetris pieces falling from the top. it would be programmed so that the random pieces would occasionaly complete a row and make it disappear. and if you were under one of the blocks while it was fallin it would break on your head and deal like 5%. and if it hit you while jumping youd fall down.

that would kick ars. the only problem is you only be able to kill off the top... oh, and the stage would be kind of narrow... but they could just make it about double the width and itd be fine...

oh, and if there was a gap in the floor where all the blocks had been destroyed people could fall through it and die (the stage would start with random pieces scattered everywhere) and it would be programmed so that all clears would be impossible (most people would die if all the pieces disappeared)

and while the pieces were falling you could jump on them and break them if you wanted to or you could ride them down or battle on them (if you were careful not to break them)

that would kick so much ARS!! ****it, i want a tetris level now...

unfortunately, they probably wont make one "-_-

Crazy Ace 01

Smash Apprentice
I would like to see a Bowser's Castle, but I hope they make it with tons of platforming gimmicks like thwomps, lava pits and spinning fire chains. That would be sweet! An airship level would be cool too.

Tetris? I don't know, a tetris stage seems kinda... non-epic. Then again, who knows, it could be good, but still, I doubt they would put one in SSBB.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
I would like to see a Bowser's Castle, but I hope they make it with tons of platforming gimmicks like thwomps, lava pits and spinning fire chains. That would be sweet! An airship level would be cool too.

Tetris? I don't know, a tetris stage seems kinda... non-epic. Then again, who knows, it could be good, but still, I doubt they would put one in SSBB.
How many more people are gonna come in here and try to claim the Tetris idea as their own? >=/ It's been DONE people. Really...

And enough casltes! Gimme something different!

Oh, and Wario's House FTW!

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
A mario galaxy level, big round stage gravity works all the way round, have to hit them hard enough sideways or just up to kill them, Can't remember if it was suggested but there you go.

Crazy Ace 01

Smash Apprentice
How many more people are gonna come in here and try to claim the Tetris idea as their own? >=/ It's been DONE people. Really...

And enough casltes! Gimme something different!

Oh, and Wario's House FTW!
I wasn't trying to reinvent the Tetris idea, I was arguing against it. I read the whole thread.

Anyways... Wario's house from Wario Ware would be fantasticularily awesome!

Crazy Ace 01

Smash Apprentice
How about a level that is pretty big, maybe Hyrule Temple-sized. However, only a small portion of the level would be accessable at any time, and the screen would scroll in random directions around the level. So the KO zones would constantly change, and you would have to adapt to new ceilings, floors, and platforms that come from nowhere. It would be especially insane because of the random directions, not just up and down like in IM.

Edit: On second thought, I think this would be a cool special melee applicable to all stages rather than just on level itself. Probably not a good idea at Mute City, though.

EnFerris

Smash Journeyman
Tetris Level should work thusly: Blocks fall as if there is a player trying to clear the level. Blocks can be destroyed, they dissipate in the shape that they fell. Completed rows disappear. That's all you need for a constantly shifting landscape with great interactivity. think how much planning would go into trying to keep land there. One would have to destroy certain blocks to keep rows from being formed. And the battle would have to take place right above one of the few holes in that row.

I like the idea of a mario galaxy stage. It would just be a round platform in the middle of the screen. And characters would be able to walk all around it. Then another planet would drift by and you'd need to jump to it. I seriously want to Upsmash someone to oblivion from the bottom of a stage. to add interest, certain planets would have holes in the crust, and one can fall into the core for serious damage.

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
A mario galaxy level, big round stage gravity works all the way round, have to hit them hard enough sideways or just up to kill them, Can't remember if it was suggested but there you go.
That would be annoying, because for it to be nothing but inclines it would have to be unfeasibly huge, and then it would just be a non-rotating B. Depths, not to mention playing with your char upsider down sounds like it might give people vertigo or something along those lines. HOWEVER, I would like to see a Mario Galaxy stage of some sort, especially since it won't be a launch title, a little something to wet our appetites.

EnFerris

Smash Journeyman
That would be annoying, because for it to be nothing but inclines it would have to be unfeasibly huge, and then it would just be a non-rotating B. Depths, not to mention playing with your char upsider down sounds like it might give people vertigo or something along those lines. HOWEVER, I would like to see a Mario Galaxy stage of some sort, especially since it won't be a launch title, a little something to wet our appetites.

What? Why? Can't you fit a small circular platform in the middle of the stage? Also: Brawl isn't a launch title either, there.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
yes, why would it be massive? People won't get vertigo watching their character upside down, that would only be in an fps which this aint.

Pikaluk

Smash Cadet
Maybe the level that everyone thinks will be "Pits level" is really just Final Destination, but when the backround changes the stage changes with it?

Gory snake

Smash Journeyman
I wouldnt mind seeing a stage from Metal Gear Solid 2. The Big Shell in particular. Fans of MGS2 will know what i'm talking about.
The Big Shell would be a cool stage but a stage set in Arsenal Gear would be even cooler!
(Not the football teams shorts, the place in MGS2)

Pikaluk

Smash Cadet
"pit's" level is probably based on either fountain of dreams or battlefield. NOT FD.
I wasnt saying that FD is based on Pits level, im saying the level everyone thinks is Pits level Looks like it could be Final Destination. The reason I am saying this is because when you play on Final Destination, the backround changes from different landscapes. So I was thinking that instead of just the backround changing, the platform will too. It was just an idea.

Pikaluk

Smash Cadet
Still dont think anyone understands me but oh well. Now that I look more closly at the level it looks more like Battlefield anyways. So yes, it probably is Pits level. But here was my idea for Final Destination.

When you play long enough on FD the backround changes. I was thinkin that the platform should change with the backround, so if you get a backround of a forest the platform is gonna be foresty. but yes, just one mans ideas.

EnFerris

Smash Journeyman
Maybe the level that everyone thinks will be "Pits level" is really just Final Destination, but when the backround changes the stage changes with it?
Nintendo Power identified that stage as Final Destination. Also, I think that Brawl is going to look like an epic struggle rather than some weird cyber world with tons of Nintendo characters. So menus, grand stages, music will have a more... epic stance (also medieval)

Top Bottom