• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Stage gimmick?

His stage needs to have those spikes I always get killed by.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Oh, yeah... but those spikes shouldn't cause an OHKO whenever a character touches them. Maybe they could be like the spikes in the Stage Builder. Mega Man's stage should be Dr. Wily's Castle. That is the only recurring location in the original Mega Man series.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Well sorry lord Kuma and sir Toise. But if we want to make wild speculation then we are entitled to.
It's not that It's wild speculation; It's that we throw the same arguements in rotation and just with some new people saying random things, like the occasional once a week "THIS RANDOM THIRD PARTY CHARACTER SHOULD GET IN", the fact that Chu just comes in here to argue with Kuma and they run around in circles until someone says something, Arc throwing around Meowth over and over again, and so on. It's turned into quite a train wreck and rather repetitive as well.

So what do I get called? :laugh:

Oh, yes, my Lord. It is very annoying having to debate the Pokemon roster for SSB4 when everyone should be agreeing that only Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, and Mewtwo should be playable in SSB4. :rolleyes:
but there isn't anything to debate about; It's basically either any of those, the possibility of a new generation pokemon, and the slight possibility of some other random yet still high popularity pokemon (Meowth, 2nd gen trainer instead, insert "etc" with list). If we debate how many true "Slots" Or whatever it deserves, then we'll just be running around in pointless circles for sure

They've pulled this on us for the same three games; hardly nothing has changed so far in Pokemon since then. Meowth hasn't become god of pokemon or anything like that. This isn't a hard concept to grasp.

Should I post the universal roster again? Yes, I think so.
...This is the kind of stuff I'm talking about with running in circles.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Oh, yeah... but those spikes shouldn't cause an OHKO whenever a character touches them. Maybe they could be like the spikes in the Stage Builder. Mega Man's stage should be Dr. Wily's Castle. That is the only recurring location in the original Mega Man series.
i dont expect megaman to be the on third party character. i expect 3. no more no less. and none of which being geno, or any square enix characters for that matter. square enix and nintendo seem to not be able to agree w/ each other on some level. all the gaming companies probably realized that ssb has a HUGE fan base and having there character in ssb is free publicity. soo yea, i expect quite a handfull of companies begging to have there series repped in ssb4.

megaman, travis touchdown and bomberman are my three bets.

capcom and suda51 are already interested in ssb4.

and hudson has already crossed over w/ nintendo, and bomberman has been in similar fighting games like ssb. (it was a wario bomberman crossover)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If I had to choose three third party characters who would be playable in SSB4. I would pick these characters.

1. Mega Man - I absolutely love the original Mega Man games and Mega Man X games but the original Mega Man should be the one who is playable in Smash because he and the whole Mega Man franchise got their start on the NES, he would use his Arm Cannon to charge and shoot and copy other characters' specials, use Rush to recover (Rush Coil or even Rush Jet Adapter from MM6), use regular moves that are inspired by other Robot Masters such as Top Spin (aerial down?) and Charge Kick (running A?), there are so many possibilities.

2. Simon Belmont - the Marth of Castlevania series (I meant he is the original protagonist of the Castlevania series like how Marth is the original protagonist of the Fire Emblem series), the original Castlevania games were very popular on the NES and there has been many more games on other Nintendo consoles and handhelds, I love the Castlevania games very much, he would use his Vampire Killer (whip) for tether recovery and forward smash move like Zero Suit Samus already does and even whip in different directions as his aerial moves similar to in Super Castlevania IV, pull out and throw Holy Water like Link does with Bombs, throw Crosses like Toon Link does with Boomerang, throw Axes overhead in arching paths like Mr. Game & Watch's Chef, use the Dagger as a weapon instead of the standard "punch, punch, kick" combo, and his Final Smash could be his Hyper Attack from Castlevania Judgement but I don't want him to wear the outfit from that game. I would like him to either wear the outfit from the official art for Castlevania Chronicles or his original outfit from the first NES game.

3. Pac-Man - yeah, Pac-Man, the mascot of Namco, I actually like the character even though his recent games were okay (I loved Pac-Man World 2) so he could use specials based on Pac-Man World games like Rev Roll (Jigglypuff's Rollout), Butt Bounce (I don't like the name but it's on the manual so it is like Yoshi's down B, only he bounces afterwards), fly and eat a long chain of dots as a recovery (Pac-Chain, also from Pac-Man World 2), and his Final Smash has to be turning into a giant 2D Pac-Man and chomping everyone.

Yeah, these are the only third party characters I would like to see in SSB4. Not this weeaboo Travis Touchdown who hasn't even established himself as a major and iconic video game character like Sonic, Snake, Pac-Man, Mega Man, and Simon Belmont have. In my opinion, Nintendo characters don't have to be major and iconic video game characters to be playable in Smash (see Ice Climbers and Lucas) but third party characters have to be if they are going to be playable in Smash.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
@Kuma: Thanks :laugh:

If I had to choose two, you'd already know who, but I'll write a post anyways

1 - Black Mage on Chocobo (Square-Enix) Or in general, a FF Character - Really, Final Fantasy is rising in popularity more, has done some nice Third-Party service for Nintendo with doing a lot in the past before the N64/PS1 stuff, and unlike a lot of other "Retro" Companies, for the most part, it hasn't taken a huge dive downwards in quality. Square-Enix is a company people have generally requested a lot of characters from, and the series along with Square's other franchises hold a very high place to my heart, especially 4, 6, 7, and 9. They'd be fun to play as too and fit very well with the line-up that's currently in for Nintendo's RPG's.

2 - Megaman - Well gee, this was really hard to guess. Alas, I have only truly played and beaten Megaman 2, but it was for sure amazing. I really don't know much about Capcom or Megaman in general, but after playing MM2, I can for sure see him being a fun character to play as along with a great addition, as It's a very straight forward addition from Capcom. Why not?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I have beaten Mega Man 1-5, but not 6-10 yet, and I know for sure Mega Man would be an excellent addition to the roster. Before I replayed my Mega Man Annniversary Collection (I haven't played it for years), I wanted Mega Man but was not sure if I really support him all the way. But after I replayed the games (1-5), I am really sure I want Mega Man in Smash. But, I won't be upset if he wasn't playable in SSB4 simply because he is not a Nintendo character. I would still be surprised if he wasn't playable anyway.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
To be honest, I haven't really played a lot of Square Enix games. I have played the following:

Breath of Fire (SNES) - Capcom developed it, SquareSoft published it in the US so I don't think this one really counts
Super Mario RPG (SNES) - I love it but I still don't think Geno deserves to be in Smash
Dragon Quest VIII (PS2) - yeah, that was a great game
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a Darklord (WiiWare demo) - I like it, I might purchase it someday

I get my information on Square Enix characters like Sora, Cloud, etc. on wikis like Wikipedia, Final Fantasy Wikia, and Encyclopedia Dramatica. :p

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Arc, have you ever played any of Square's games? I've never seen you mention anything on those.

For all of you who aren't huge fans, just imagine smashing to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONdHEDeWifs 0:30 for where It'd probably start at.
Just imagine this getting some Black Mages arrangement. Along with that, we need this for a Megaman stage:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Xm19FjBydI

URUTORAMAN! URUTORAMAN SEBUN!

My top third party choices would be:

1. Megaman - No reason to exclude him.
2. Sora - Aside from the Chocobo, this is the only character that could be a representation of SE, despite being owned by Disney, without a major riot starting.
3. Travis - I loved NMH and his over-the-top personality and moves would be just perfect for Smash. The only other character I can think of with similar qualifications would be Bayonetta, but there's the nudity, her hair being her clothes, torture attacks, etc. and not appearing on a Nintendo console.

Seriously, go play Bayonetta.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
LOL WUT @ her hair being her clothes

The mental image makes me automatically go DO NOT WANT.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
All right, now I have seen the gameplay. It looks interesting and smooth moving. But that move where she unclothes herself by removing her hair off her body to attack that boss looks like something she could use as her Final Smash - with that said, there's no way Nintendo would allow this to go uncensored if she gets in. I don't think she would get in anyway.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I know she would probably never get into Smash, but she has crazy moveset potential and the zaniness is insane. While a Climax attack would be perfect, you could always give her Witch Time, the bullet time mode.

The_Rake

Smash Lord
a ff character would be nice, if it was going to be one from the main series it would have to be from 1-6 as theyre the only ones that have been on a nintendo console (except revenant wings but that was a crap spin off). do something like they did for mario slam basketball

but yea, theyed be sweet, plus (as so many others have said) more sonic characters

Although ive never been a fan id like to see megaman too, be so deserving!

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
I get my information on Square Enix characters like Sora, Cloud, etc. on wikis like Wikipedia, Final Fantasy Wikia, and Encyclopedia Dramatica. :p
Wikipedia's?

Oh come on, that's no fun. To not leave a gigantic load of recommendations, and since you've probably heard of the "Less popular" Stuff that gets tossed around, like Chrono Trigger, I'll just say "Play Final Fantasy 4, 6, 7, and 9 at some point"

Just imagine this getting some Black Mages arrangement.
I've already heard the Black Mages one. To be honest, it doesn't really need to be remade since we had the sonic songs not remade, but if it was, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2GjnT1ax9k&feature=related would be my top choice despite being fanmade.

without a major riot starting.
From a logical standpoint, there's going to be a bit of rioting with any character they pick.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
I know, but if the fanbases were smart enough, they'd realize that Sora would be the least damaging pick.
The "Generic" (Still very loved) FF Characters however have more over in almost every department. Granted, they'll get some more backlash over not being one of the Protaginists, but at that It's still worth it, and then you have to consider who has more of a backstory working with Nintendo. 2 portable spin-offs vs 1-6 Games in the main installmens, many spin-offs and remakes, even working with Nintendo on two crossover games, (Well, one's DQ), etc.

But on the contrary, after Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts seems to be holding a nice fancy place with SE.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
First thing: I hugely doubt Sora will ever get in, and I'm glad. Any game that trys to make Mickey Mouse into a serious character is already ill-suited for Super Smash Bros.

Secondly: thethirdkoopa is a Gentleman of Leisure.

Third: I think I heard that Dragon Quest is the most popular SE game in Japan, but my money''s on a FF character.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
if the whole thing about one charater, speculated to be geno, not getting in to ssbb because of rights issues is true then why would se let any of its most prized characters in? i mean if they wont let a character who is very whimsicle and mario suited and is basically 50% theirs and 50% nintendo's in then why would they let sora, or cloud or blk mage in? just a thought..

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I really, really don't want Geno anywhere in SSB4. He is the least-deserving Mario character and he is not even 100% Nintendo. Even Daisy and Waluigi are more deserving and that's saying a lot.

Personally, I want Toad playable. I really don't care if he is not important in the latest Mario main games or if he is a generic species. Yoshi isn't even important in the latest Mario main games and he is a generic species. When was the last time THE Yoshi was important in a Mario main game? Super Mario 64 DS and that was only a remake. Before that, he had Super Mario World. The only reason Yoshi got in the original SSB was because his series was alive and in its prime at the time (he had Yoshi's Island and Yoshi's Story) and even then, THE Yoshi isn't even in those games. You only play as a group of generic Yoshis.

Now, hopefully NSMBWii helps Toad's chances and hopefully Sakurai will notice how popular that game is and look into it for moveset ideas for Toad. If THE Yoshi can get moves from generic Yoshis in the Yoshi games, THE Toad can get moves from generic Toads in NSMBWii (on top of his own role in SMB2). Sakurai doesn't care about categories so I don't think he cares if Toad is a generic character or not. What's important is that Toad is one of the faces of the Mario franchise, including the Mario main games. You can't say that about Waluigi nor Daisy when it comes to the Mario main games. Toads are notable for being one of the two generic species to be playable in the Mario main games (Yoshis are the other). You can't say that about Goombas, Koopas, Boos, Shy Guys, etc.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
my big thing about toad is, his moveset. if its just gonna be a lot of random sports spin-off references i say keep toad out. at least peach has a fair few non sport related moves that we can say are her signature moves. like that exploding side bump, the hovering, the beet pulling, the umbrella AND the frying pan. all toad has ever been in the games is either a civilian/object to rescue or a mario clone (nsmbwii)
HOWEVER, weve got about two-three years before ssb4 will likely amp up its production, so whos to say we wont see toad gain more spotlight?

as of right now, bowser jr. is my big guess for the 5th mario rep. the 6th if there is one probably would be paper mario or daisy.

and for christ sake, no WALUIGI!

Mowrt620

Smash Journeyman
In a box filled with peas 300 feet below ground
First thing: I hugely doubt Sora will ever get in, and I'm glad. Any game that trys to make Mickey Mouse into a serious character is already ill-suited for Super Smash Bros.

Secondly: thethirdkoopa is a Gentleman of Leisure.

Third: I think I heard that Dragon Quest is the most popular SE game in Japan, but my money''s on a FF character.
But they DO make Mickey into a kick-arse character, just saying. Plus, Sora as so much moveset potential, it's not even funny. How could you say he's ill-suited for SSB4? We also have had a conversation recently about Sora, in case you missed it, so we've pretty much decided he's the most likely SE character.

As for Toad....he isn't the best choice for another Mario rep. I'd say Bowser Jr, if anyone. Toad is just....not very much anything, he's just....Toad....:ohwell:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
we've pretty much decided he's the most likely SE character.
If you take Final Fantasy out of the picture, possibly Dragon Quest as well, and disney has no problems, then yes

But FF And DQ Still exist, still are the top franchises from them, and we have no idea about Disney.

Plus, Sora as so much moveset potential, it's not even funny.
Square-Enix as a company generally has a lot of characters with moveset potential.

Get it right. :V

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
If you take Final Fantasy out of the picture, possibly Dragon Quest as well, and disney has no problems, then yes

But FF And DQ Still exist, still are the top franchises from them, and we have no idea about Disney.

Square-Enix as a company generally has a lot of characters with moveset potential.

Get it right. :V
it doesnt matter how much moveset potential any se character has because nintendo and se cant even see eye to eye on the mario rpg characters. why would square let nintendo use any of their most cherished francises when they get soo up in arms over geno? geno, mallow and boshi have not graced games because se refuses to let them. geno has made ONE CAMEO, and se had to have their own section in the credits.

they are really weird that way.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team

Just saying. The credits thing is probably due to there partial owning, as Square-Enix did still help make the character. Why would they? Depends on who asks who. Square-Enix could as advertisement and see it as quite interesting to show more of a partnership to Nintendo. Sakurai could see it as a fan type thing If request gets high or see it as interesting as well.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
my big thing about toad is, his moveset. if its just gonna be a lot of random sports spin-off references i say keep toad out. at least peach has a fair few non sport related moves that we can say are her signature moves. like that exploding side bump, the hovering, the beet pulling, the umbrella AND the frying pan. all toad has ever been in the games is either a civilian/object to rescue or a mario clone (nsmbwii)
HOWEVER, weve got about two-three years before ssb4 will likely amp up its production, so whos to say we wont see toad gain more spotlight?

as of right now, bowser jr. is my big guess for the 5th mario rep. the 6th if there is one probably would be paper mario or daisy.

and for christ sake, no WALUIGI!
facepalm @ the bolded

Have you ever heard of New Super Mario Bros. Wii? Toad can use his moves from SMB2 and borrow the generic Toads' moves from NSMBWii. If Yoshi can borrow the generic Yoshis' moves from Yoshi's Island and Yoshi's Story, Toad can borrow moves from the generic Toads in NSMBWii.

You think Toad could be a Mario clone because of NSMBWii? And you don't think Bowser Jr. would be a Bowser clone? That kid looks exactly like Bowser that Sakurai would take the lazy way and turn him into a clone like he did with Toon Link and Wolf.

Toad could use moves from NSMBWii like Iceballs to freeze opponents, use the Propeller Mushroom for recovery, and pull out Vegetables from SMB2. He could use the Golden Mushroom from the Mario Kart games to run fast and tackle opponents. As for his Final Smash, it could be something from the spin-off games, or from the main games, or even completely made-up like how Peach's and Luigi's Final Smashes are.

Oh, and Paper Mario and Daisy are not getting in Smash over Toad. We already have Mario and Daisy would likely end up a Peach clone. Funny how you want Bowser Jr. and Daisy over Toad because you don't want Toad to be a Mario clone when those two are more likely going to be Bowser and Peach clones.

As for Toad....he isn't the best choice for another Mario rep. I'd say Bowser Jr, if anyone. Toad is just....not very much anything, he's just....Toad....:ohwell:
Bowser Jr. would be a boring choice. We already have Bowser, why get a miniature version of Bowser? Toad would be much more interesting and he has been around way longer than Bowser Jr. have. Toad is more popular than Bowser Jr. (two reasons I can think of why Bowser Jr. is more wanted is because "he is more important than Toad" and "we need more villains") and he is now more "face of the series" than Bowser Jr. is, thanks to the playable generic Toads in NSMBWii who are giving the Toad species more exposure to the media and the fans so Toad would represent his species in SSB4 should he become playable.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
A. if you play any paper mario game you would realize his moveset would be quite unlike regular marios, like really. :p haha
B. luigi is in NO way a mario clone, so why would bowser jr. have to be a bowser clone? bowser jr. has a weapon, his paintbrush, unlike bowser.

C. in the end, toad really just IS less likely to get in. i like toad, but he probably wont be in ssb4. most ppl pretty much agree on that. and if you forgot, sakurai really loves his fans, i mean he got nine of the top ten most wanted characters for brawl in brawl. sooo the fact that bowser jr IS more popular basically garuntees him a spot.
and if i REALLY wanted to take the time to make daisy a moveset i would, but shes not most likely not gonna get in ssb4, like toad.

bowser jr. and paper mario are my bet. they have had dr. mario, why not do paper mario, his games are pretty popular and realativly fun.

@ thethirdkoopa

omg! i forgot about that game >.> still tho, square not letting geno in is REALLY fishy...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
1. We don't know the top ten most wanted, we just know Sonic was the most wanted. As for Sakurai pleasing his fans, flame me if you want, but I think that's just when it comes to characters.
2. I see Toad and Bowser Jr. equal in terms of liklihood.
3. Bowser Jr. COULD end up as a clone. Luigi was a clone in SSB, but at least that made sense.
4. Why does DK have boobs?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
@kumaoso

you seem to know quite a bit when it comes to ssb in general.
soo, ssb fan to ssb fan,
what do you think bombermans chances are at getting in brawl?
i see a lot of faked artwork w/ him in it. he has actually crossed over w/ nintendo before, and has a huge potential moveset.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
omg! i forgot about that game >.> still tho, square not letting geno in is REALLY fishy...
Not letting him in brawl?

You know that whole rumor's not true, right?

1. We don't know the top ten most wanted, we just know Sonic was the most wanted. As for Sakurai pleasing his fans, flame me if you want, but I think that's just when it comes to characters.
I mean fans of Final Fantasy and others as well. I don't really know how to explain it, but Sakurai could think "Hey, a lot of people like Final Fantasy, It's pretty popular here. I should talk to Square-Enix about adding in a character"

But to me it seems that It's mainly the other companies interest. With sonic, didn't Nintendo contact or was that Sakurai? This brings up something interesting.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Not letting him in brawl?

You know that whole rumor's not true, right?

I mean fans of Final Fantasy and others as well. I don't really know how to explain it, but Sakurai could think "Hey, a lot of people like Final Fantasy, It's pretty popular here. I should talk to Square-Enix about adding in a character"

But to me it seems that It's mainly the other companies interest. With sonic, didn't Nintendo contact or was that Sakurai? This brings up something interesting.
really? im talking about how sakurai said there was legal issues w/ one character. so most every thinks its geno.
thats not true?
if soo then my whole arguement about se not letting there characters in brawl is totally void!
haha sorry! :p

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
really? im talking about how sakurai said there was legal issues w/ one character. so most every thinks its geno.
thats not true?
if soo then my whole arguement about se not letting there characters in brawl is totally void!
haha sorry! :p

It was actually before the whole brawl polls, so it sure wasn't geno. If It was a more say, popular SE Character, we would have possibly heard something by now.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
It was actually before the whole brawl polls, so it sure wasn't geno. If It was a more say, popular SE Character, we would have possibly heard something by now.
im reaally not a big se fan, but i have play kh1 and 2 and chain of memories AND the omeodd and a half days of sleep and i DONT want sora in brawl. that game makes sora look soo uber he would have to be toned down quite a bit.
i would brefer blk mage. thats who i think of after all when i think of se.

i HOPE bomberman makes it in. its unlikely tho, unless hes popular in japan. hes not too popular here. but he definitely would fit in ssb.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@kumaoso

you seem to know quite a bit when it comes to ssb in general.
soo, ssb fan to ssb fan,
what do you think bombermans chances are at getting in brawl?
i see a lot of faked artwork w/ him in it. he has actually crossed over w/ nintendo before, and has a huge potential moveset.
I only know this much because I was around here during the pre-Brawl era. I'm not sure if you can call me a fan. I suppose you could call me a fan considering that I'm aware of Brawl's flaws and want them fixed big time. I still have faith that this series can finally have respect amongst all gamers.

I don't know how high Bomberman's chances are. I'll give a guess further down.

If I recall correctly, all the third party companies were expecting Nintendo (I don't know if it was Sakurai despite what he says about putting everything in) to contact them and vice versa. Sonic got lucky by being requested to Sega by Nintendo. Sakurai said that none of the other companies got with him so I expect a lot of "challengers" in the future.

One more thing, I think Japanese popularity is irrelevant outside of Japan-exclusive characters. I think Sakurai was stupid to just gauge the Japanese popularity, but it's even worse that he did this AFTER he decided the roster sans Sonic.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
i wonder if sakurai will let america vote? and what about europe? they always get games last and i wouldnt be suprised if some languages get left out.

hopefully we can vote for ssb4, i mean in some areas what we like and what japan likes differ greatly.

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
Toad Moveset

Toad has a good chance of getting a great moveset now. NSMB wii introduced many new moves and power ups that could help him. Also the other games he was playable in too would work. I can even think of one now:

Toad

B: Ice Ball: It is similarly thrown like Mario and Luigi's fireballs however they hit the ground once and then bounce higher (like nsmb wii). It is good for opponents who attempt to rush and attack Toad as it can slow them down. Timing of freezing is like the Ice climbers Down b where the ice just freezes the opponent for a a second while they are hit.

B Up: Propeller Toad: This would be the propeller suit from nsmb wii. It would propel Toad upwards. After using it and if he's in the air, Toad will be spinning downwards with the suit (like Nsmb wii) and you could press down to make him do the torpedo like movement from the suit.

Side B:Toad Kart: Personally I feel Toad can represent Mario kart as well with his kart. It's like the wario bike but it starts slow but gains speed later on while driving (a trait shared by light weight karts). Also when turning , you could keep tapping the control stick to make the kart in some way to drift to give a better boost.

Down B: Lift and Throw: Throughout the 3 major titles (SMB 2, Wario's woods, NSMB WII) that Toad is playable in, he is able to lift up opponents over his head and run/walk with them even without losing speed. This displays Toad's super human strength. Unlike Dks throw, Toad can actually run with them on his head though his throw won't be massive like Dk's one. Press Down b to lift and any other attack to throw them. Opponents can struggle and get out of his grasp though.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Seeing as people don't get out very much, yes, most fans are pleased with Brawl as they are with every Smash game and he does a good job pleasing the fans. The only point of concern was the SSE, as most people felt it was a waste of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom