• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Ganondorf for high tier :D

Ridley, Isaac (assuming Golden Sun is revisited at some point in Nintendo's future), King K. Rool, Knuckles and Bomberman.

The REMOVAL of the Ice Climbers.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Ganondorf for high tier :D

Ridley, Isaac (assuming Golden Sun is revisited at some point in Nintendo's future), King K. Rool, Knuckles and Bomberman.

The REMOVAL of the Ice Climbers.
Man, you just named all the characters I want, AND the removal of the one I hate.

I just made a friend. :laugh:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I would love for alternate characters costumes. They would have the same moves and stats, just a different character model. They could make Birdo as a Yoshi alternate costume, Shadow as one for Sonic, etc. This would be a good idea because clones could be alternate costumes and their roster spot could be given to a more original character.
That idea has been mentioned a number of times and most people like it. Although, a new idea that was mentioned a while back takes the clones concept and executes it differently. Instead of having their own spots, the clones exist under another character and they act as style changes. By this, I mean that Toon Link is a fast and weaker version of the original Link.

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
I have noticed that many people suggested for the Sonic franchise that it should ether be Knuckles or Shadow. I agree with Knuckles, however I feel that instead of Shadow, Metal Sonic should be considered for SSB4, seeing as he is Sonic original "Rival" (predating Knuckles).

I think Knuckles and Metal Sonic should get a higher chances than Shadow as they have both been vets in the series. Metal Sonic himself also fits the place of as a playable villain character which Smash still needs more of.

PKboy89

Smash Journeyman
umm...Bowser was never that much bigger then Mario...yea, he is resized, but he still wasn't no Ridley...resizing Ridley would just completely ruin his character...

Adding to many third parties doesn't even make it Nintendo's Super Smash Bros...it makes it Super Smash Bros. featuring capcom, sony, microsoft, or whatever the hell you want. Snake and Sonic are in the game for reasons that don't include requests really...Nintendo doesn't really give a crap about the requests, just whatever the hell they want, and they didn't even listen to America anyway...if the Japan wanted a teletubby in the game, they would get it...

Yea, I prefer to keep Ridley as a boss, at least he is still huge and awesome, now that we are talking about character size, King K. Rool would probably be to big, since he is actually bigger then Bowser...he makes Donkey Kong look like Diddy Kong...

Spire

III
BRoomer
I have noticed that many people suggested for the Sonic franchise that it should ether be Knuckles or Shadow. I agree with Knuckles, however I feel that instead of Shadow, Metal Sonic should be considered for SSB4, seeing as he is Sonic original "Rival" (predating Knuckles).

I think Knuckles and Metal Sonic should get a higher chances than Shadow as they have both been vets in the series. Metal Sonic himself also fits the place of as a playable villain character which Smash still needs more of.
Metal Sonic would definitely play a lot differently from Shadow, which would be even more of a reason to add him. I would take him over Shadow the Imposterhog any day. Knuckles of course would come before any one else though. Amy and Cream and all those junky characters don't even exist in my book.

As for another new character, I would love Toku (with Emril) from LostWinds. I could see them as the new "Olimar" - a small character with a very, very strange moveset focused around a single concept; rather than Pikmin, it would be wind. Of course, the game would probably be supported by the gamecube controller, and if so, the moveset could not play like it does in LostWinds.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm surprised Tails isn't suggested for a playable character.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I'm surprised Tails isn't suggested for a playable character.
I'm surprised Tails was cut as an assist trophy and replaced by Shadow, who is by far one of the most useless AT's, as his more effective counterpart, the timer appears much more often if items are turned on. Tails was included during the E for All event, and when you plummeted from the stage, he would fly down, grab you, and return you to safety. He would have probably made one of the best Assist Trophies, furthermore being dubbed the "broken AT".

Frankly, he would not make us useful a playable character. Knuckles would add a lot of juicy **** to battles -- but enough about Sonic characters.

I would like enemies like ReDead and the like to return as rare "items". I enjoyed seeing one bust out of a crate in Melee, which just sparked a new idea - multi-man brawl with enemies from different game series. Rather than having four clones, reskinned to fit together under a certain theme, we could have a multi-man brawl with Octoroks, Koopas, Space Pirates, Kremlings, Shy Guys, Clefairies, Stalfos, etc, etc. Perhaps it could be a bonus multi-man brawl mode and would simply use enemies from the new adventure mode so that it does not eat up a lot of potential space for the things that really matter.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Actually Tails, like Duster, Rosalina, and Sothe, were all rumors. We don't know if they actually appeared or not.

Naxxun

Smash Rookie
things i want to have for super smash brothers 4:

- an improved stage builder with more options
- better online mode
- need more characters : ) it´s already great which big choice you have in brawl
- take out tripping oO

oh and really important: take enemies from the real games for the adventure mode and not those stupid eyfish things and puppets and all the other crap oO there are so many options.....koopas, kremlings, waadle dees or even some sort of angry pokemons.....

charcters i would like to see (newcomers):

i can´t think of much right now but i would love to see earth worm jim! he has the potential for being a great character and there are many possibilities for a nice move set....although probably a lot of you think he wouldn´t fit into the game....

Spire

III
BRoomer
i can´t think of much right now but i would love to see earth worm jim! he has the potential for being a great character and there are many possibilities for a nice move set....although probably a lot of you think he wouldn´t fit into the game....
If you get him, I get Bad Mr. Frosty ;)

Silveraen

Smash Cadet
Stage building and tripping, the two most illogical additions to SSB. In the next SSB, they probably shouldn't include those at all.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Stage building and tripping, the two most illogical additions to SSB. In the next SSB, they probably shouldn't include those at all.
I think the Masterpieces are even more worthless. Just another way to influence their customers to buy, buy, buy.

A little off-topic, but personally, I think the reason as to why downloadable content was excluded (besides the hardware issues), is because when a game sports DLC, more and more DLC is demanded, and it gets out of hand. It then becomes the type of game that becomes too much, and can more easily end the series. Without DLC, our anxiety for new content comes with the next Smash Bros, rather than a download. It helps to build the massive hype that Brawl brought out of the video game community with the Dojo. I personally think it was a smart move on their part (and perhaps more so - in their favor) to not include DLC. It does make the next game a lot more special, just as Brawl was. Melee came out of no where, with little-to-no anticipation due to the massive leap that SSB64 needed to take. Let's hope that the next game can take a giant leap from Brawl rather than being Brawl 2.0 - and that's not to say that it needs to change the gameplay massively; maybe tweak it in places, remove a lot of extraneous content, and spruce up the game with game modes that all interrelate without the central focus being around a bunch of half-***** trophies.

PKboy89

Smash Journeyman
So I'm guessing you haven't played any recent Mario games at all.
I've played every single Mario game and Bowser still isn't that big...He's freakin huge compared to that porky plumber, but he is still able to be put into a fighting game with a moveset...Mario can grab Bowser by his tail and toss him around but I don't think that anyone can lift up Ridley and even toss him a inch...Yea, it'll be cool to have Ridley in smash, but I really don't want to see some gigantic, awesome monster be shrinked into some tiny wimp that can be grabbed somehow by Kirby in Smash Bros...Bowser is huge, but he doesn't even compare to the size of Ridley...he can never be put in as a playable character and if he is, thats the day Smash Bros dies...

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion

Why do people never remember this scene?

Ridley in that pic is about as large as Brawl Bowser, and that's with his wings completely unfolded and not hunched over like he normally is. The "ridleh iz 2 big" argument was blown to pieces soon after it started.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
that idiot better not be the maker of the 4rth game. new guy with awsome ideas/fun/practical/and skill req.

look at games like halo and sims. the audience actualyl gets to voice their opinions and they get into the next game

Pubik Vengeance

Smash Journeyman
that idiot better not be the maker of the 4rth game. new guy with awsome ideas/fun/practical/and skill req.

look at games like halo and sims. the audience actualyl gets to voice their opinions and they get into the next game
I hate when people dis on Sakurai. You know your beloved Melee? Yeah, he made that too.

x9whitey9x

Smash Journeyman
I'm all for Super Smash Brothers: The Fray.
But yeah, de-cloning, better online, and a better Stage Builder. That's all I want, to go with the new characters, of course.

espio87

Smash Ace

Ridley in that pic is about as large as Brawl Bowser, and that's with his wings completely unfolded and not hunched over like he normally is. The "ridleh iz 2 big" argument was blown to pieces soon after it started.
Demon Kirby, if you pay attention when samus jumps over him, you'll notice than his head is bigger than her.

Things I want?
Alternate costumes for everyone, not just wario.
AC ideas:
Mario: Dr. Mario, Paper Mario
Luigi: Mr. L (but not paper version, just a 3D render)
Bowser: Dry Bowser
Peach: Rosalina (I'm not saying Daisy because she has more potential as a playable character)
Yoshi: Boshi, Birdo
Ganondorf: Melee/Ocarina of Time Ganondorf
Pokemon Trainer: Female Pokemon Trainer (also stuff for the pokemons like bandanas, hats and googles)
Lucario: Shiny Lucario
Metaknight: Unmasked Metaknight
Samus: A more detailed fusion suit, Dark Samus
Snake: Old Snake
Sonic: Shadow.
Knuckles, Simon Belmont and maybe Alucard.(I doubt Sega and Konami would reject to collaborate in the next smash)
Make Mewtwo return, I know he was low-tier in Melee but really deserves to be in the smash series.
If Nintendo can make a deal with Square they should add Geno and a generic black mage, appart from more music by Nobuo Uematsu (although they don't need a deal with square for that).
Add Rayman and make the rabbids an AT.
The enemies inside crates should return.
And last, the feature to import music from SD cards so you can play them on the stages.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
I hate when people dis on Sakurai. You know your beloved Melee? Yeah, he made that too.
It's not that people hate Sakurai (at least I think). It's that people believe he shouldn't be in charge of the next one because he didn't want Brawl to be a COMPETATIVE GAME, which, with all do respect, is absurd since Brawl is a FIGHTING GAME and the essence of a FIGHTING GAME is COMPETITION.

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
Just watched the opening on Youtube. Ridley's face was pretty much right in the screen and Samus was curled up in a ball.

Meh. I don't want to argue about it anyways; not like it's going to change anything. :(

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
It's not that people hate Sakurai (at least I think). It's that people believe he shouldn't be in charge of the next one because he didn't want Brawl to be a COMPETATIVE GAME, which, with all do respect, is absurd since Brawl is a FIGHTING GAME and the essence of a FIGHTING GAME is COMPETITION.
He didnt want melee to be a competitive game either...

And it wasnt...

Oh wait.....

Runty_Grunty

Smash Cadet
If a Smash Bros 4 ever comes out, I'll be sure to get it. I'm hopeful that they'll add more third-party characters to the mix, especially Ryu from Street Fighter. I mean, he was one of the pioneers of fighting games with Street Fighter II. He's perfect for Brawl.

While on the subject of Ryu, here's a basic layout of how I'd make Ryu in SSB4 (I'm using some SSBB mechanics terms).

Pros:
- Medium-Heavyweight
- Strong hitting attacks
- Fairly powerful and large projectile attack
- Very strong special moves
- Good horizontal recovery with B-forward.
- B-down is a throwing counter

Cons:
- Below average attacking speed
- Fairly large
- Poor vertical recovery
- Special moves easily punishable if they miss
- Projectile is predictable and somewhat easily avoided
- B-down counter ineffective against projectile attacks

Special Moves:

B: Hadouken
Ryu's trademark ranged attack, this shoots a ball of spirit energy straight forward at good speed. The projectile is large and fairly strong, knocking back opponents a good distance. It's not very fast, however, so at long range it can be easily dodged. Also, there's a bit of ending lag, making the move easily punishable if it fails. If used in the air, it shoots down at 45 degrees.

B-Forward: Tatsumaki Senpuukyaku
Literally means "Tornado Whirlwind Foot". This move sends Ryu forward in a spinning kick attack, hitting multiple times. The last kick in the move has good knockback. Overall, it deals high damage and can be devastating if you hit with the full attack. It can also be used as a horizontal recovery in a pinch. However, you can fall off the edge if you go too far, so be careful not to SD with it. Also, it can't be stopped in mid-attack, so your opponent could dodge it and punish you as you finish the move. Lastly, if finished in the air, it'll put you in helplessness. At the start of the move, Ryu gets a few SA frames.

B-Up: Shoryuken
This powerful strike sends Ryu in a jumping uppercut, hitting anyone in front or above Ryu. Potentially lethal knockback and respectable damage make it quite a good finishing move. A very quick start-up only makes it deadlier. Unfortunately, if it misses or is blocked, Ryu will be left wide open to a counterattack. Also, it doesn't go very high, giving Ryu poor vertical recovery capabilities. After use, Ryu enters a helpless state until he lands. Start-up has a few SA frames.

B-Down: Parry
Ryu will parry any melee attack used against him from in front, and then will counter by grabbing the attacker. You can then perform regular throwing actions. Counter period is fairly long and the move comes out quickly. Doesn't work against grabs or projectiles, and only blocks attacks from the front.

Final Smash: Shinkuu Hadouken
A more powerful Hadouken, Ryu shoots a very large and highly damaging ball of spirit energy forward. Functions similarly to Mario Finale, but has high knockback instead of "carrying effect".

Other:
- Ryu can change his colors to become Ken Masters, who also comes from Street Fighter. Ken plays exactly the same as Ryu, but has a different appearance and voice actor.
- Ryu should only have a Japanese voice actor, as should Ken.

-----

That's a basis of how I'd have Ryu. Strong and powerful, with a lot of punch to his techniques. But he's for the patient player; if you just throw attacks out at your opponent, he'll easily be able to punish you with well-placed counters.

I'll probably add another character idea later.

bivunit94

Smash Journeyman
If a Smash Bros 4 ever comes out, I'll be sure to get it. I'm hopeful that they'll add more third-party characters to the mix, especially Ryu from Street Fighter. I mean, he was one of the pioneers of fighting games with Street Fighter II. He's perfect for Brawl.

you win.

AmigoOne

Smash Journeyman
Knuckles
Megaman
Hitstun
Better online.

Balance. Freaking Kirby franchise and fire emblem was made to be ridiculous. One of the hardest hitting characters should not have aerial handling and recovery better than at least half the cast. Im looking at you DDD.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Demon Kirby, if you pay attention when samus jumps over him, you'll notice than his head is bigger than her.

Things I want?
Alternate costumes for everyone, not just wario.
AC ideas:
Mario: Dr. Mario, Paper Mario
Luigi: Mr. L (but not paper version, just a 3D render)
Bowser: Dry Bowser
Peach: Rosalina (I'm not saying Daisy because she has more potential as a playable character)
Yoshi: Boshi, Birdo
Ganondorf: Melee/Ocarina of Time Ganondorf
Pokemon Trainer: Female Pokemon Trainer (also stuff for the pokemons like bandanas, hats and googles)
Lucario: Shiny Lucario
Metaknight: Unmasked Metaknight
Samus: A more detailed fusion suit, Dark Samus
Snake: Old Snake
Sonic: Shadow.
Knuckles, Simon Belmont and maybe Alucard.(I doubt Sega and Konami would reject to collaborate in the next smash)
Make Mewtwo return, I know he was low-tier in Melee but really deserves to be in the smash series.
If Nintendo can make a deal with Square they should add Geno and a generic black mage, appart from more music by Nobuo Uematsu (although they don't need a deal with square for that).
Add Rayman and make the rabbids an AT.
The enemies inside crates should return.
And last, the feature to import music from SD cards so you can play them on the stages.
I stopped reading when you said daisy could be a character.

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
Two things. #1 the game is SSB SUMPEY for Super Ultra Mega Party Edition Yellow and #2 Missingno 4 SUMPEY.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer

While on the subject of Ryu, here's a basic layout of how I'd make Ryu in SSB4 (I'm using some SSBB mechanics terms).

Pros:
- Medium-Heavyweight
- Strong hitting attacks
- Fairly powerful and large projectile attack
- Very strong special moves
- Good horizontal recovery with B-forward.
- B-down is a throwing counter

Cons:
- Below average attacking speed
- Fairly large
- Poor vertical recovery
- Special moves easily punishable if they miss
- Projectile is predictable and somewhat easily avoided
- B-down counter ineffective against projectile attacks

Special Moves:

B: Hadouken
Ryu's trademark ranged attack, this shoots a ball of spirit energy straight forward at good speed. The projectile is large and fairly strong, knocking back opponents a good distance. It's not very fast, however, so at long range it can be easily dodged. Also, there's a bit of ending lag, making the move easily punishable if it fails. If used in the air, it shoots down at 45 degrees.

B-Forward: Tatsumaki Senpuukyaku
Literally means "Tornado Whirlwind Foot". This move sends Ryu forward in a spinning kick attack, hitting multiple times. The last kick in the move has good knockback. Overall, it deals high damage and can be devastating if you hit with the full attack. It can also be used as a horizontal recovery in a pinch. However, you can fall off the edge if you go too far, so be careful not to SD with it. Also, it can't be stopped in mid-attack, so your opponent could dodge it and punish you as you finish the move. Lastly, if finished in the air, it'll put you in helplessness. At the start of the move, Ryu gets a few SA frames.

B-Up: Shoryuken
This powerful strike sends Ryu in a jumping uppercut, hitting anyone in front or above Ryu. Potentially lethal knockback and respectable damage make it quite a good finishing move. A very quick start-up only makes it deadlier. Unfortunately, if it misses or is blocked, Ryu will be left wide open to a counterattack. Also, it doesn't go very high, giving Ryu poor vertical recovery capabilities. After use, Ryu enters a helpless state until he lands. Start-up has a few SA frames.

B-Down: Parry
Ryu will parry any melee attack used against him from in front, and then will counter by grabbing the attacker. You can then perform regular throwing actions. Counter period is fairly long and the move comes out quickly. Doesn't work against grabs or projectiles, and only blocks attacks from the front.

Final Smash: Shinkuu Hadouken
A more powerful Hadouken, Ryu shoots a very large and highly damaging ball of spirit energy forward. Functions similarly to Mario Finale, but has high knockback instead of "carrying effect".

Other:
- Ryu can change his colors to become Ken Masters, who also comes from Street Fighter. Ken plays exactly the same as Ryu, but has a different appearance and voice actor.
- Ryu should only have a Japanese voice actor, as should Ken.

-----

That's a basis of how I'd have Ryu. Strong and powerful, with a lot of punch to his techniques. But he's for the patient player; if you just throw attacks out at your opponent, he'll easily be able to punish you with well-placed counters.

I'll probably add another character idea later.
Yes. One million times yes.

Sh1n0b1

Smash Journeyman
I sincerely hope this game returns to a much more faster pace. I would also like it if every character was limited to only 2 air dodges. The air dodges will move like it did in melee so it will be helpful for recovery. I hope Wave-dashing and L Cancel return for SSB4. The online play should allow stock matches to be played in with anyone brawls. I have so many expectations LOL.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
@Runty_Grunty: Yo move set for Ryu was good but I'd chage his side-B to the Donkeykick fro Street Fighter III and his down b to the hurricane kick. His final smash should be the denjin hadouken.

Personally, I'd like a Nintendo vs. game. Like Nintendo vs. Shonen Jump (That actually isn't so farfetched). Plus, it'd be fun to Falcon Punch Naruto.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Personally, I'd like a Nintendo vs. game. Like Nintendo vs. Shonen Jump (That actually isn't so farfetched). Plus, it'd be fun to Falcon Punch Naruto.
Nintendo needs to stay 100% Nintendo, even with the extraneous 3rd Party additions. No 99%, no 50/50, and definitely no anime, please. IF Nintendo did something along those lines, it would either be Sega or Sony-related games, and I want nothing of that low-caliber. Nintendo makes the game completely, Nintendo is the game completely.

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
Knuckle Joe Should Be a Playable Character, Triping should be removed or at least only occer during certain attacks, More stage builder, no tiers TA4Q really I mained Kirby in melee and won 3 tournaments, more Female and Villian Reps, alternate costumes,Sonic's REAL voice, the removal of Pit, Ike to not fight for his friends, and Kirby to have Copy abilities and have his Melee Moveset back, seriously I mained him for 7 years that's half of my life, he's been nerfed into oblivion trust me, and more pokeball pokemon and assist trophies.

PKboy89

Smash Journeyman

dunno about you but if the next Smash Bros game involves watching Jigglypuff beating the crap out of Ridley, than the awesomeness that is Ridley will be completely ruined...its bad enough that Ganondorf, the king of all evil, has been reduced to a old man who can barely even run...and likes to look at his sword during battle...and have the same move set of that clown Captain Falcon?...Ridley was shrinked in that scene by that moron Sakurai or whatever his name is, yet is made 10 times bigger in Brawl? Its bad enough that he doesn't even know that Kaptain and King K Rool are the same fat, crazy aligator...

The point I'm trying to make is that I really don't want to see anymore of Nintendo's greatest villains be turned into jokes...if Ridley is put in the game, he better be the best freakin character ever to be put into a fighting game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom