• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Black Knight is a Beamos?

EDIT: Speaking of Zelda references, I would love a Death Mountain or Lost Woods (Sacred Grove with ruins) stage. Aside from the possible gimmicks (rolling Gorons and Deku Scrubs), the stages would just feel very unique and environmentally comfortable.
How about a twilight zone stage where twilight monsters pop up and attack, mabye even an appearnce of zant and midna. If not, death mountain would be great.

Spire

III
BRoomer
How about a twilight zone stage where twilight monsters pop up and attack, mabye even an appearnce of zant and midna. If not, death mountain would be great.
Or better yet, Hyrule Castle that falls in and out of the Twilight Realm with twilit monsters appearing when it changes. Also for instance, if a Twilight Bulbin appears while it is under Twilight, but the stage then reverts to its "Light" counterpart, then the Twilight Bulbin would transform into a normal Bulbin. Still, not much of a threat at all, just a little extra Zelda-creature action.

Come to think of it, I would like a completely Zelda-based Smash Bros-style game.

Lenvil

Smash Cadet
add knuckles, tails, shadow, k rool, toon zelda, mewtwo, roy, raichu, meowth, dixie kong, funky kong, daisy, toad, waluigi' rosalina, megaman, birdo, krystal, ridley, crash bandicoot, gary and three pokemon, banjo, rayman, wolf link, more fire emblem and fzero, bowser jr, gengar, toxicroak, jynx, magmar, electabuzz, riolu, amy from sonic, slippy, peppy, midna, raticate, more earthbound characters.

wifi should have rankings

custom stages suck

dr mario should be one of mario's outfits

ganondorf should use his sword
nerf pit.

dry bowser should be an outfit for bowser

Chozo01

Smash Rookie
Items to be nerfed:
Gooey Bombs
Assist Trophies (seriously there are like 4 who can kill you instantly)
Franklin Badge (remove?)
Deku Nut
Smart Bomb
Poke Ball (what are there, 10 legendaries in brawl? They're all I ever get...)

Items to be removed:
Golden Hammer (seriously, wtf)
Franklin Badge (nerf?)
Superspicy Curry (this is an abomination of god and you know it)
Lightning (backfires 70% of the time FTL)
Stopwatch (^)
Smoke Ball (just overall sucks)
Starman (why has this lasted for 3 games)

Notice that they are almost all items that were added in brawl?

Metroid reps plox.
A tetris stage (think about it, it would be awesome, but horribly broken, but awesome).
GIVE GANONDORF A SWORD PLEASE.
More special matches. Online special matches.
Bring back bonus matches.
Custom color palettes for characters.
Give stage builder more than 15 parts and 3 themes, as well as custom stage sizes. Not to mention, a few choices of music for custom stages. Overall, it seems they half-***** the stage builder.
Use ANY song from the game in the menu.
Every stage from past smash bros. games, not just a select few.
Balanced Final Smashes.
A Mii character, using moves from Wii Sports and Wii Play. Be creative. (I wonder how many times this has been suggested :/ )
Make Mario's FLUDD actually DO SOMETHING USEFUL. Or just give him back Mario Tornado and give Luigi the Poltergust 4000.

That's all I can think of at the moment. This post is pretty long already. @_@

Spire

III
BRoomer
mewtwo, raichu, meowth, gary and three pokemon, gengar, toxicroak, jynx, magmar, electabuzz, riolu, raticate.
That's 13 Pokemon characters. That's why we have Pokeballs. I do agree that Magmar and Electabuzz would be great additions, but they would never make it.

dark_tp_link

Smash Cadet
The couple of things that I would love is Majora's Mask Link, Which is Highly unlikely. His moveset would be...

upB- Transforn into Goron link
B- Transforn into Deku link
sideB- Zora link
downB- Giant's mask, turn giant (like a super mushroom) for 30 second, then you can't use the move for about a minute

His Final Smash would be Oni Link (Fierce Diety Link)

I would also like Wolf Link and Midna or the other transformation in the next Zelda game , some other character from another Zelda and an original moveset for Ganondorf..... AND HE NEEDS TO USE HIS SWORD!!!!

And yeah, you can tell i'm a BIG Zelda fan.:)

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Regardless of our knowledge of a forth, it is interesting to speak of the possibilities of it. Here is a list of characters that should be in it. And no I will not put the ones that have no way of being in it. *stares at Naruto fans*:mad:

Isaac, the earth adept (Golden Sun)

Krystal, the foxy guardian (Star Fox Adventures)

King K. Rool, the klumsy tyrant (Donkey Kong Country)

Dixie Kong, the gliding monkey (Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest)

Megaman, the blue bomber (Megaman)

Waluigi, the partner in crime (various Mario games)

Shadow, the ultimate lifeform (various Sonic games)

Louie, the lousy assistant (Pikmin)

Paper Mario, the 2D hero (Paper Mario)

Samurai Goroh, the self-proclaimed rival (F - Zero)

Well that is it. That was a mouthful, indeed...

Spire

III
BRoomer
with the popularity and amount of pokemon there are, its ALMOST acceptable to have that many
But think about how unbalanced that would be. We got 35 (39) characters in Brawl. That's roughly adding about 10 more than what Melee had. Why add 13 Pokemon? You might as well just make a Super Smash Pokemon game instead. Otherwise, we would need about 10 characters from every Nintendo series, and even though that would add a lot of diversity, it would just be waaaaaay too much. Sorry, maybe two more Pokemon characters in the next game (seeing as how they add two with each sequel: Pichu and Mewtwo in melee, and Pokemon Trainer and Lucario in Brawl).

Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon are Nintendo's biggest franchises, so those should get the most characters, but overall, the number of reps from each game series should be balanced. If there's another game they'll probably add one Kirby character, two Zelda characters, two or three Mario/Yoshi characters, a couple of Pokemon characters, one or two DK, F-Zero, Metroid, Fire Emblem, and Mother characters (each), and a number of new characters.

If any characters from Brawl are taken out, I would think that they would be: Toon Link (probably just re-worked as a newer alternate Link), Lucario (replaced either by Mewtwo or a new Pokemon from 5th or 6th Gen), Pokemon Trainer would probably be updated to match the character from a newer game and would have members of three newer starter families; and R.O.B. because he is the only one that seems Brawl-exclusive due to his huge role in the SSE.

These aren't necessarily my desires, but rather predictions as to what may happen to the roster. I'm thinking that if it's expanded any more, it'll reach around 50.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
But think about how unbalanced that would be. We got 35 (39) characters in Brawl. That's roughly adding about 10 more than what Melee had. Why add 13 Pokemon? You might as well just make a Super Smash Pokemon game instead. Otherwise, we would need about 10 characters from every Nintendo series, and even though that would add a lot of diversity, it would just be waaaaaay too much. Sorry, maybe two more Pokemon characters in the next game (seeing as how they add two with each sequel: Pichu and Mewtwo in melee, and Pokemon Trainer and Lucario in Brawl).

Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon are Nintendo's biggest franchises, so those should get the most characters, but overall, the number of reps from each game series should be balanced. If there's another game they'll probably add one Kirby character, two Zelda characters, two or three Mario/Yoshi characters, a couple of Pokemon characters, one or two DK, F-Zero, Metroid, Fire Emblem, and Mother characters (each), and a number of new characters.

If any characters from Brawl are taken out, I would think that they would be: Toon Link (probably just re-worked as a newer alternate Link), Lucario (replaced either by Mewtwo or a new Pokemon from 5th or 6th Gen), Pokemon Trainer would probably be updated to match the character from a newer game and would have members of three newer starter families; and R.O.B. because he is the only one that seems Brawl-exclusive due to his huge role in the SSE.

These aren't necessarily my desires, but rather predictions as to what may happen to the roster. I'm thinking that if it's expanded any more, it'll reach around 50.
That's true. That is why Pichu and Mewtwo were ousted. There is just not enough room for Pokemon, considering there is over 1000 of them. Pokemon Trainer and Lucario were a major addition to the game, so Pichu and Mewtwo just weren't popular enough anymore. The same thing happened to Roy. Ike is much more popular than Roy, which is why there moves are so similar. They needed only ONE power swordsman, not two

Professional Idiot

Smash Apprentice
I would appreciate it if Nintendo just removed all the unnecessary game modes and other clumsily developed features such as trophies, stickers, etc. It's just a waste of memory, and not fun at all. Most of the effort should go towards testing the game engine and movesets thoroughly, and producing an online mode that utilizes user-created rooms. (with a limit on how many rooms can be on a server at any given time) The room's host should have the ability to decide what stages to play on, whether or not items are available, etc.

Pubik Vengeance

Smash Journeyman
The obvious things I want are:
-No tripping
-Online play that isn't terrible
-Stage builder that isn't terrible
-More balanced gameplay. I realize it is really hard to balance games, especially Smash, but they should not use that as excuse for really extreme imbalances.
-Patches, to adjust the inevitable imbalances.
-Might not be important to others, but Zamus's face on the character select screen. Everyone else's are.

Characters I want:
-GENO (I know, I know..)
-Banjo Kazooie (never going to happen, I know that)
-Dixie Kong
-King K. Rool
-Another F-Zero Representative
-Isaac
-Tom Nook
-Little Mac
some others...

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
First and foremost, the devs of the 4th Smash should work on balance and consider the competitive scene more in their process. Balance the characters, balance their movesets (including Final Smashes), declone movesets as necessary, test extensively to catch stuff like the Ness/Lucas grab release fiasco, alter the mechanics to make both offense and defense equally viable, and scale back on stage gimmicks. They're fine in moderation, but not to the point that they become jokes. (Summit and Skyworld come to mind.)

Moving on to the characters...

Get rid of Toon Link (I didn't see the point of Young Link, or Dr. Mario for that matter, in Melee, and the feeling holds for Brawl) and bring back Mewtwo and give him the buff he so richly deserves. As far as new characters go...
Isaac - No explanation necessary imo.
King K. Rool - I've sort of lost touch with the DK series as of late, so idk if he's appeared in any recent games, but he's still the primary villain of the series afaik.
Krystal - Furry fanboys aside, she's pretty much ingrained herself into the Star Fox universe, and if nothing else, her staff should provide a unique moveset.
Ridley - We all want him, but his size could be an issue. If so, we still have...
Dark Samus - Anyone who's played Metroid Prime 2 or 3 (especially 3, if you got to the final boss) knows that Dark Samus fights completely differently from Samus. He/she/it would provide excellent representation for the Prime trilogy, as well.
Bowser Jr. - I know some don't want him in, but he's been serving greater roles in the more recent Mario games (Galaxy being the most recent iirc). Shadow Mario could feature somehow, or at least his paintbrush.
Midna - I'm starting to grasp at straws here, but I liked her in Twilight Princess, and we could use some more females.
Samurai Goroh/Black Shadow - I couldn't decide, and I don't even know if F-Zero is big enough to warrant a second rep, but I wouldn't complain either way. If Black Shadow gets in, he could inherit Ganondorf's old moveset, with extra tweaks to differentiate it from Captain Falcon.
3rd Parties - I have no real opinion on them so no comment.

Stages...

Obligatory Tetris stage mention, which would be t3h sex, btw. For no real reason other than my weird mind, I'd love for each character to have their "own" stage. (Please tell me I'm not the only one who was shocked to see R.O.B. fight on Mario Bros.) I touched on it earlier, but tone down the stage gimmicks. Stuff like Halberd and Delfino Plaza is perfectly acceptable. Summit and Skyworld are laughable. Luigi's Mansion and Pictochat are the upper limit for reasonable stage events, imo.

While I'm thinking about it, make Stage Builder something other than a sorry little shell of what it's supposed to be. Even if you can't add anything else original, at least give us the backgrounds, platforms, and events of the already-there stages. If the interface needs to be more complex for stuff like moving stages, then so be it, but come on...

Miscellaneous...

Break the Targets should revert to being character-specific. Having everyone go to the same stage makes them pathetically easy for some but near-impossible for others. Board the Platforms won't be looked down upon as far as I'm concerned. And please, PLEASE make the AI simultaneously competent and non-borderline-cheating. By which I mean no inhuman reflexes and no gangbang FFAs.

Stickers and CDs have no place as items that drop mid-match, for the record. I don't even see the point in stickers in the first place, and I don't think making some songs hidden is doing anyone any favors. Trophies are fine, but we need a more reliable way of getting new ones.

I had a bunch more in my head, but I've forgotten most of it. ;_;

Pubik Vengeance

Smash Journeyman
Ridley - We all want him, but his size could be an issue. If so, we still have...
Yeah, I always thought size was too much of an issue but then I read this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Olimar#Characters

"After becoming stranded on the "Distant Planet" in the first game, Olimar becomes acquainted with the species of plant-like beings that he names "Pikmin" because they resemble the "Pikpik" brand of carrots on his homeworld. They are small, brightly colored creatures who stand only an inch tall."

If Pikmin are only an inch tall and Olimar is barely taller, then in Brawl it is VERY disproportionate to the Pikmin series.

Who says they can't fudge Ridley like this?

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
But still, Ridley is more like a boss figure. It's like adding the marshmellow guy from Ghostbusters (lol). It's huge, and a resize would make him look so...bad.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Here is what I think should be in SSB4.

Name it: Super Smash Bros. SMACKDOWN!

Characters: (A lot of new characters are simply alternate outfits, in order to keep the roster from becoming way to bulky.)

1. Megaman
I hear a lot of people say they want Megaman. I don't blame them, hes a great character. The thing is there is to much controversy over using classic megaman vs. megaman x. Simply compromise, make Megaman X an alternate outfit (just like they did with Wario).

2. Link
Don't put any characters such as toon link on a seperate pallet. Rather give regular Link stats that are actually good (change them to Young/Toon link stats) then make Young Link and Toon Link alt outfits.

3. A female FE swords(wo)man pallet.
Make it a fast character (faster but slightly weaker than Marth). The default would be the famous Lyn, but there would also be alts of Mai (Path of Radiance), Princess Elincia, and Princess Erika. All of these have the same stats.

4. Make Roy and Joshua alt. outfits of Marth (with the name changed ofc.)
Same stats enough said.

5. Make Ganondorf use his sword. Increase his reach to be realistic.

6. Sonic
Give him Shadow, Knuckles, and Silver as alt. outfits (same stats ofc.) Only thing that would change would be the animations of his attacks and his appearance.

7. Amy Rose
Add her because it would be funny to see her beating the **** out of Sonic. Stat-wise, I guess she would be stronger than a single ice climber (but weaker than both together.)

8. Isaac
I really want to see him in SSB4. Enough said.

9. Mewtwo to be brought back
I don't care if Lucario is just an alt of him or what. Just bring him back.

10. Dr. Mario as an alternate outfit of Mario.

11. Pichu and Richu as alternate outfits of Pikachu.
(With the name they say after most of their attack changed ofc.)

12. Poke'mon trainer alternate outfits:
Red/Blue- Same as what we have now.
Gold/Silver- Totodile, Chickorita's 2nd stage, Typlosion
Ruby/Saphire- Mudkip, Grovyle, Blaziken
Diamond/Pearl- Piplup (yay!), 2nd stage of Turtwig, 3rd stage of that flaming *** monkey.
Stats would be the same from outfit to outfit. Just appearance (and voices) change.
This solves a lot of Poke'mon based controversies (especially Blaziken).

13. A spear character from Fire Emblem:
Default- Ephraim
Alt 1- Oscar
Alt 2- The soldier girl from Path of Radiance (whos name escapes me)
Alt 3-?- Any other major spear characters.
A spear character would be perfectly balanced around speed and power but have excellent reach (and thus great priority.)
B- Javelin- Throw a javelin (range of TL's bow). 5% damage uncharged, great shield breaking properties. This is a rather slow projectile.
B><- Spear Charge- Similar to Quickdraw, but with an impaling attack. This has a set distance (based on charging). If foe is caught before end, they take repeated damage, if foe is caught at exactly the end, then a sweet-spot occurs.
B^- Pole-Vault- Enough said.
B Down- Counter (it worked for all the other FE characters, why not this one.)

14. An axe character from FE.
An axe character would be stronger and slower than Marth, but weaker and faster than Ike. Their range would be rather poor in comparison to sword characters. But they are armed with a good projectile.
Default- Boyd
Alt 1- Titania
Alt 2-?- *Insert major FE axe characters here*
B- Beserk- Similar to quickdraw, but rather than having a hit at the end, it is a berserk charge, with repeated damage to anyone who gets caught in it.
B><- Throwing Axe (similar to boomerang)
B-Up- Reserved Strength- A typical third jump. There is an axe hit at the end, but it is unique, as it can meteor if landed properly.
B-Down- Counter.

15. The Black Knight as an alt. outfit for Ike.
Just change the B-Up to Warp Powder and the B to Luna.
(Also give Ike his Lord outfit for an alt.)

16. Krystal as a character.
Make her unique by arming her with the staff thing Fox uses in Star Fox Adventures. B attack would be an aimable shot from the staff. Up B would be temporary jet-pack flight (about 5-10 seconds should suffice).

17. Wigglytuff, Clefairy, and Clefable as alt. outfits for Jigglypuff.
Same stats.

18. Striker Peach and Daisy as alt. outfits for Peach.

19. Striker Mario as an alt. outfit for Mario. (All other Mario characters also get their striker outfits, if applicable.)
He would be relatively unchanged but his fireball would be replaced with soccer ball.

20. Dry Bowser as an alternate outfit of Bowser.

21. New character Koopa!
B- Shell Throw (similar to Yoshi's egg toss)
B><- Shell Slide (Similar to Egg Roll, Withdraw, and Rollout)
B^- Koopa Paratroopa (gets wings and flies for about 5-10 seconds)
B Down- "Shell-ter" (temporarily takes cover in the shell, becoming invinceable to damage).
* Dry Bones would be an alt outfit.

22. New character, Midna!
Human(like) Form- Like Zelda but faster and less powerful. Uses twilight magic in her moveset.
Imp Form- Make her quick and give her multiple jumps. Uses basic twilight magic in her moveset.
Final Smash- Infused Shadow.

23. New character, Black Shadow!
Inherits Ganondorfs melee moveset. Final Smash would be pretty much the same as Captain Falcons (except with Black Shadow's vehicle)

Balancings:
1. Make Snake remotely balanced. (Lol its hard to say what needs changing because everything does.)
2. Metaknight (^)
3. Game and Watch (again... ^)
4. Pikachu (that thunder needs something done to it, like more starting lag perhaps.)
5. Make Ganondorf viable. (Enough said.)
6. Give Captain Falcon the melee version of his knee and make his D-Air easier to hit with (like Ganon's).
7. Make the F.L.U.D.D. useful or just change it back to Mario Tornado.
8. Make projectiles have a rapid rate of deteoration (grow progressively weaker as they are spammed, but only in multi-player and training mode.)

Colors:
Add a custom color pallet to all characters. (Primary color=*insert color*, Secondary color=*insert color, and so on.)

Doubles:
Make team color not affect your characters color. Just make a permanent nametag (your custom name or player 1, 2, 3, 4, Cpu) colored with your team color always visible over your characters head.

Stages:
1. Its been said many times before but make Stage Builder useful.
2. Bring back all old stages.
3. Add more neutral stages and less hazard stages.

AI:
1. Remove the gang up tendency from FFA's.
2. Remove the perfect reflexes (or atleast lessen them.)
3. Make them act a little more like human players.
4. Remove the tendency of allied CPU's to perform kill interceptions (using a quick, weak attack right after someone else performs the killing blow in order to steal the +1.)
5. Make allied CPU's less... incompetent (seriously, I've been edge-guarded by my own ally.)

C-Stick:
Remove the random jump effect. Its annoying.

Tripping:
Remove it. Tripping is for hippies not for Smashers.

Some possible special brawls:
Capture the flag:
A split screen (only on single tv play, not on wifi), side-scrolling multi-player battle. Each player has a base that he must protect at all costs while stealing the opposing flag. If your flag is brought to an opponent's base, you are out.
War:
A special match where each player commands a small army. The last army standing wins.
This is a split screen (not on Wifi) side-scroller.
Reinforced Battle:
Each player picks back up characters (same character can't be picked more than once.) Number of back-ups is set in options.

Don't add:
Wave-dashing
L-Canceling.

Spire

III
BRoomer
true. but there are way more zelda and mario characters so they should use a lot of them, considering popularity
There are six Mario characters including Yoshi and Wario (who belong to spin-off series). Zelda has five characters, and Pokemon has six also. I'd say it's balanced for the most part. I think we need to focus on the other series represented in Super Smash Bros - particularly Metroid, F-Zero, and Donkey Kong. Those are well-aged series, yet have still not been properly represented in the Smash games. Mario and Pokemon were the only two series to have two characters each (Mario having three including Yoshi) in SSB64, while Zelda only had one (but eventually picked up four more in melee, and has yet to get any new ones since).

Maybe the next Smash Bros will be less based on sword/weapon wielders and focus more on a more diverse array of fighting styles as they introduce new characters. Of course, Goroh would have his katana, but hopefully they could cut it off there.

Honestly, it could be interesting to see a Smash Bros where about half of the known characters are dropped and replaced by a much more various cast. By adding more and more characters from the same ol' series, it's just going to feel far too stuffed. Perhaps to "reinvent" the games, the next title should make a drastic change to the roster. Of course this would cause a ton of controversy, but it could be for the better. If this be the case, I would suggest they drop: Luigi, Peach, Diddy Kong, Wario, Sheik, Toon Link, Zero-Suit Samus, Pit, R.O.B., Meta Knight, Falco, Lucario, Jigglypuff, G&W, and perhaps Snake and Sonic.

That would drop the known roster down to 23 characters (25 with all three of Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon). From there, they could add another 25 characters to reach 48 (50) characters. These characters would for the most part, represent many other games, while some would rep the already present. Kamek, King K. Rool, Ridley, Samurai Goroh, Black Knight, Isaac, and a number of others could fill the cut spots.

Anyways, deciding who to drop was really, really tough, and I cannot say that I advocate the idea in any way. Just an idea of what they could do to flip the series.

On another note, I would like to say that in comparison to other well-known fighter series, Smash Bros is almost definitely in need of many new characters every time a new entry is made in the series. Look at Soul Calibur. Every game adds maybe 3 or 4 characters, but it never feels necessary to add more - it's rather just a way to expand the roster.

Smash Bros is different though, because it's a combination of many game series, which means that there are a ton of characters to choose from - and furthermore - to "balance" the demands of the fans. It's almost just too much to compensate for. So, by strongly diversifying the roster, the game series that are represented by the playable characters are a lot less potent, as many characters would become individual reps for their series. This could help to settle and balance the disappointing roster that we have now. Many people are angry that they removed Mewtwo, Roy, Dr. Mario, and even some over Pichu. How can that really be justified? If fans are bothered that Brawl's roster does not include the unimportant clones (besides Mewtwo) from Melee, then how can people really be satisfied?

Well, to reiterate what I have said - to focus not on trying to satisfy the exuberant demands of fans to expand certain series more and more, but rather to expand the diversity of the roster as a whole so that the overall feel of the more highly-spontaneous cast feels less structured, and hence would spark a new motive in how players approach the game and play it. No longer will we have the huge "Mario block" and the "Pokemon block" in the roster, but perhaps we'll have 2 or 3 representatives from each series, along with a number of individuals. This way, the roster will not feel as forced as it is becoming. Think about how they chose the roster for the original Smash Bros. It was by far the easiest to choose because it was the first in the series, and the obvious, popular Nintendo mascots were easy to decide on (even though they drafted Bowser, Peach, Dedede, and Mewtwo). If the roster took the turn that I have suggested, then perhaps the struggle to squeeze in more and more characters from the given series would be reduced so much so that the game would essentially feel "new".

Psiklone

Smash Cadet
I'm holding out for obscure characters that will never make it, but I can dream.

Amaterasu, from Okami
More Metal Gear Characters (Raiden with the sword?)
and maybe a Castlevania character

Oh yeah, bring Mewtwo back

As for gameplay, more varied final smashes would be nice, and maybe 4-player co-op modes

Dexter Morgan

Smash Apprentice
What I would want most of all, if not solely... is a character creation.

It would work mostly like Soul Calibur 3's in which you would first pick male or female, weight class, then pick the fighting style. Example being I choose male, lightweight, and Falco's fight style.

The weight classes would consist of light, middle, and heavy. As as the characters are classed. Kirby and Meta Knight being light, Mario and Link and others being medium, Bowser and Dedede and Gannondorf being heavy.

Now next would be customizing the look. Be it cartoony like the Mario and Earthbound characters, or realistic like the Zelda and Fire Emblem characters. Then comes some basic, average clothes you have at the start. Just boring and plain T-shirts and pants and such. After would come choosing the weapon look, if any. If you chose a fight style similar to Link, you'd have to pick from boring looking swords and shields.

HOWEVER! Here comes the cool part.... and something that would stay true to the Nintendo formula. Part of the challenges window rewards would be unlocking clothes parts from the various Nintendo games!

Example? I beat Classic Mode on hard with Marth. "Congratulations, you've unlocked the Fire Emblem Clothes Set A!"

Now if I go back to edit my character, I'd have unlocked clothes that would fit in Fire Emblem's universe. Such things as armor pieces, helmets, robes, capes... you could create your very own Fire Emblem character if you wanted.

Beating Classic on Hard with Mario. "You've unlocked the Mushroom Kingdom Clothes Set A!" Now I can put a koopa shell or a toad hat on. Each and every character would unlock a clothes set from their series. All Star would unlock even more pieces.

Say I beat All Star on Hard with Link. "Congratulations, you've unlocked The Legend of Zelda Clothes Set D!" (B being with Zelda, C with Ganondorf) Now if you go back to character creation, you'd have unlocked more weapon skins. Give your Link style fighter the Mirror Shield and the Great Fairy Sword. Or for a joke character, the Deku Shield and a Deku stick.

I feel that with this, it'd still be part of the Nintendo franchise formula. Quite the idea... no?

Pubik Vengeance

Smash Journeyman
I already made a topic of things I want in the game, but I'll just post this for fun.

I know Banjo-Kazooie won't be in a Super Smash Bros game, but if (somehow) Nintendo ever got Rare back or somehow he got in the game (won't likely happen, I know), I wanted to design a move set for him, because he has the moves there and I thought it would be fun.

Specials:

B Standard - Kazooie shoots an egg out of her beak. The egg would be a lot like ZSS's laser, as a point of reference. Might do more damage then ZSS's laser, in exchange for no stun. This is the Fire eggs ability from the game, that was down with Hold Z + Up-C.

Side B - Banjo crouches with his head facing the direction he is looking and Kazooie sticks her head out of his backpack. Banjo then slides forward ramming Kazooie's beak into an enemy. It would have high priority and fairly high damage, but fairly high start-up lag. Might be okay for Kos. The ability was called Beak Barge in the N64 games and was done with Hold Z + B.

Up B - Banjo crouches and then Kazooie leans her body out of the pack. Then Banjo does a backflip and Kazooie flaps her wings so they go extra high. Mostly for recovery but might do some damage too. This ability in the N64 games was called the Flap Flip. It was done with Hold Z + A.

Down B - Okay saved my favorite for last. Banjo crouches and Kazooie farts out an egg. After maybe 2 or 3 seconds the egg would blow up. This move might be hard to hit, yes, but very good for KOing. A lot like Snake's grenade, but you don't control when to let go. In the N64 games this was done by Hold Z + Down C.

Standard abilities:

Neutral A - Claw swipe

Dash A - Does a forward roll, which was a move in Banjo Tooie.

Forward Tilt - Slightly jumps forward and claw swipes.

Down Tilt - Not from a game, but Banjo crouches and spins as Kazooie sticks out her beak and hits people near.

Up Tilt - Slightly goes in the air and Kazooie pops out of the bag and beaks people near. This move was the Rat-a-tat Tap from the games which were performed by pressing A + B.

Forward smash - Called Pack Whack in Banjo Tooie. Done by by pressing B. The catch is in the game Banjo has to be alone to do this, as in Kazooie not in his bag. However, that can be looked past for Smash. The move is Banjo takes off his backpack and slams it on the ground.

Down Smash - This one was hard for me, but I settled on the Bill Drill from Banjo Tooie. It was done by A + Hold Z. What it did was they went up and then faced toward the ground and then Kazooie would drill into the ground. It is a move a lot like the Beak buster.

Up Smash - The move in Banjo-Kazooie where Kazooie would stand on a platform and launch very far in the air. You obviously wouldn't need a platform. This move would be like Ike's Up+B, because on the way up you can hurt people and slam into people on the way down.

Neutral Air - Claw swipe in air.

Forward Air - Kick forward in air.

Back Air - A backflip that kicks backwards. A good standard move for KOs.
Up Air - The Rat-a-tat Tap again, just this time in the air.

Down Air - A stall-then-fall move. Banjo flips upside down and Kazooie sticks her beak out, then they slam in the ground. The beak buster from the game done with A+Z.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
snake will not be in MGS5 (says ign)so the starring character from that game will make it? (don't know who that is)

ginobeeto

Smash Cadet
I agree with every one else in saying that MegaMan should be in ssb4, but I fear that he might turn out to be very similar to Samus. (Think about it, gun for a hand, space armor, etc.) I think that someone needs to post possible stats and make up a moveset for him, to keep him unique, and not a clone of Samus. I would do this, but I'm not very familiar with the MegaMan series.

I think that in ssb4, they won't add more than one Sonic character, so it should be either Knuckles or Eggman. (Again I'm not very familiar with the Sonic series, so I don't really know which one is a more major character) I think that Shadow and Silver should just be alternater costumes for Sonic to avoid clones.

The next Fire Emblem character should be either someone with a lance or axe. We already have several swordsman, two archers, and Zelda has magic covered, but no character in brawl uses a spear or axe.

I think that there could possibly be two to three characters added from the Mario series. Waluigi is IMO a must, so that leaves one or two. I'd really like to see any of the following three: Boo/King Boo, Baby Bowser/Bowser Jr./Koopa Kid, or Baby Mario and Luigi (as one character). Rosalina should NOT be in ssb4.

Ridley should be added from the Samus series (I think that it is perfectly fine to shrink him to fit in). I also think that you should be able to click on a picture of Zerosuit Samus to start as her (like Zelda/Sheik). I know that you can hold R while you press start to begin as Zerosuit, but I think that's kind of stupid.

For the Zelda series, I think that one to three characters will be added. I really want Toon Zelda/Tetra to join Toon Link, but I'm not sure about any other characters. I think that Adult Link's down B should be a transformation into his wolf form from Twilight Princess. His bombs could be adjusted to a different button (possibly side B is boomerang, and side and B at the exact same time could take out a bomb. Similar to Samus' homing/power missiles). What do you guys think about a wolf form? Anyways, Midna could ride ontop of the wolf form. The only problem is that there is already Wolf from Starfox, so maybe Link's wolf form could be called "Midna" or "Midna and Wolf" or "Twilight Link".

From the F-Zero series, only one character is due; either Samurai Goroh or another driver.

There were Pikachu and Jigglypuff in ssb64, Pichu and Mewtwo in ssbm, and Lucario and Pokemon Trainer in ssbb, so chances are there will be two new pokemon (not including Mewtwo being brought back). I think that there will be an original pokemon and the mascot of the 5th gen of pokemon (hasn't come out yet). My guess for the original is either Mudkip, Piplup, or Deoxys. It could be Mudkip or Piplup because they seem to be very popular, and Deoxys because he is like the "legendary of legendaries".

From the Olimar series, I highly doubt Louie will be added since it wasn't that big of a game. I also don't think there will be a new Earthbound character.

As for third party characters, maybe Knuckles or Eggman, and one other: Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Bomberman, or Megaman. Chances are it will be Megaman, because he just seems to fit in the best with SSB (or maybe Bomberman).

I support an Animal Crossing charcater in ssb4. No Tom Nook though. The reason I like Smashviller is because he actually uses items such as the shovel, the axe, the butterfly net, and the fishing rod. I think it would be cool to be beat up a Bowser with a fishing rod.I agree with every one else in saying that MegaMan should be in ssb4, but I fear that he might turn out to be very similar to Samus. (Think about it, gun for a hand, space armor, etc.) I think that someone needs to post possible stats and make up a moveset for him, to keep him unique, and not a clone of Samus. I would do this, but I'm not very familiar with the MegaMan series.

I think that in ssb4, they won't add more than one Sonic character, so it should be either Knuckles or Eggman. (Again I'm not very familiar with the Sonic series, so I don't really know which one is a more major character) I think that Shadow and Silver should just be alternater costumes for Sonic to avoid clones.

The next Fire Emblem character should be either someone with a lance or axe. We already have several swordsman, two archers, and Zelda has magic covered, but no character in brawl uses a spear or axe.

I think that there could possibly be two to three characters added from the Mario series. Waluigi is IMO a must, so that leaves one or two. I'd really like to see any of the following three: Boo/King Boo, Baby Bowser/Bowser Jr./Koopa Kid, or Baby Mario and Luigi (as one character). Rosalina should NOT be in ssb4.

Ridley should be added from the Samus series (I think that it is perfectly fine to shrink him to fit in). I also think that you should be able to click on a picture of Zerosuit Samus to start as her (like Zelda/Sheik). I know that you can hold R while you press start to begin as Zerosuit, but I think that's kind of stupid.

For the Zelda series, I think that one to three characters will be added. I really want Toon Zelda/Tetra to join Toon Link, but I'm not sure about any other characters. I think that Adult Link's down B should be a transformation into his wolf form from Twilight Princess. His bombs could be adjusted to a different button (possibly side B is boomerang, and side and B at the exact same time could take out a bomb. Similar to Samus' homing/power missiles). What do you guys think about a wolf form? Anyways, Midna could ride ontop of the wolf form. The only problem is that there is already Wolf from Starfox, so maybe Link's wolf form could be called "Midna" or "Midna and Wolf" or "Twilight Link".

From the F-Zero series, only one character is due; either Samurai Goroh or another driver.

There were Pikachu and Jigglypuff in ssb64, Pichu and Mewtwo in ssbm, and Lucario and Pokemon Trainer in ssbb, so chances are there will be two new pokemon (not including Mewtwo being brought back). I think that there will be an original pokemon and the mascot of the 5th gen of pokemon (hasn't come out yet). My guess for the original is either Mudkip, Piplup, or Deoxys. It could be Mudkip or Piplup because they seem to be very popular, and Deoxys because he is like the "legendary of legendaries".

From the Olimar series, I highly doubt Louie will be added since it wasn't that big of a game. I also don't think there will be a new Earthbound character.

As for third party characters, maybe Knuckles or Eggman, and one other: Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Bomberman, or Megaman. Chances are it will be Megaman, because he just seems to fit in the best with SSB (or maybe Bomberman).

I support an Animal Crossing charcater in ssb4. No Tom Nook though. The reason I like Smashviller is because he actually uses items such as the shovel, the axe, the butterfly net, and the fishing rod. I think it would be cool to be beat up a Bowser with a fishing rod.

Ryazan

Smash Ace
I definitely want Megaman in the next game. Some more Sonic characters too. And if Shadow isn't in (which is very likely since he'll be a Sonic clone) they should make him an alternate costume for Sonic.

Devil7

Smash Journeyman
On the edge of Final Destination waiting to kill y
I already made a topic of things I want in the game, but I'll just post this for fun.

I know Banjo-Kazooie won't be in a Super Smash Bros game, but if (somehow) Nintendo ever got Rare back or somehow he got in the game (won't likely happen, I know), I wanted to design a move set for him, because he has the moves there and I thought it would be fun.

Specials:

B Standard - Kazooie shoots an egg out of her beak. The egg would be a lot like ZSS's laser, as a point of reference. Might do more damage then ZSS's laser, in exchange for no stun. This is the Fire eggs ability from the game, that was down with Hold Z + Up-C.

Side B - Banjo crouches with his head facing the direction he is looking and Kazooie sticks her head out of his backpack. Banjo then slides forward ramming Kazooie's beak into an enemy. It would have high priority and fairly high damage, but fairly high start-up lag. Might be okay for Kos. The ability was called Beak Barge in the N64 games and was done with Hold Z + B.

Up B - Banjo crouches and then Kazooie leans her body out of the pack. Then Banjo does a backflip and Kazooie flaps her wings so they go extra high. Mostly for recovery but might do some damage too. This ability in the N64 games was called the Flap Flip. It was done with Hold Z + A.

Down B - Okay saved my favorite for last. Banjo crouches and Kazooie farts out an egg. After maybe 2 or 3 seconds the egg would blow up. This move might be hard to hit, yes, but very good for KOing. A lot like Snake's grenade, but you don't control when to let go. In the N64 games this was done by Hold Z + Down C.

Standard abilities:

Neutral A - Claw swipe

Dash A - Does a forward roll, which was a move in Banjo Tooie.

Forward Tilt - Slightly jumps forward and claw swipes.

Down Tilt - Not from a game, but Banjo crouches and spins as Kazooie sticks out her beak and hits people near.

Up Tilt - Slightly goes in the air and Kazooie pops out of the bag and beaks people near. This move was the Rat-a-tat Tap from the games which were performed by pressing A + B.

Forward smash - Called Pack Whack in Banjo Tooie. Done by by pressing B. The catch is in the game Banjo has to be alone to do this, as in Kazooie not in his bag. However, that can be looked past for Smash. The move is Banjo takes off his backpack and slams it on the ground.

Down Smash - This one was hard for me, but I settled on the Bill Drill from Banjo Tooie. It was done by A + Hold Z. What it did was they went up and then faced toward the ground and then Kazooie would drill into the ground. It is a move a lot like the Beak buster.

Up Smash - The move in Banjo-Kazooie where Kazooie would stand on a platform and launch very far in the air. You obviously wouldn't need a platform. This move would be like Ike's Up+B, because on the way up you can hurt people and slam into people on the way down.

Neutral Air - Claw swipe in air.

Forward Air - Kick forward in air.

Back Air - A backflip that kicks backwards. A good standard move for KOs.
Up Air - The Rat-a-tat Tap again, just this time in the air.

Down Air - A stall-then-fall move. Banjo flips upside down and Kazooie sticks her beak out, then they slam in the ground. The beak buster from the game done with A+Z.
As cool as this sounds it would totaly be broken and the tiers list would now include moves instead of characters. Whats the point of all the characters when can make your own that are better so it kinda kills the whole famous characters fighting each other theme. What would be cool is different move sets for different characters dependent on the way they look, like pig ganon, WW toon ganon, TP Ganon.

ginobeeto

Smash Cadet
- Goron - ( could be named Darbus, doesn't really matter though)

Power - 4/5
Speed - 2/5
Attack Speed - 2/5
Recovery - 3/5
Size - 3/5
Weight - 4/5
Fall Speed - 2/5

A: Punch - 5%
AA: Punch - other hand - 6%

B: Goron Pound - Goron makes puts his hands together and does a massive crushing pound in front of him. Similar to Falcon Punch but quicker and weaker. - 20%

Forward B: Goron Roll - Goron runs forward and tumbles. Gets about as much distance as one of Toon Link's arrows. - 16%

Down B: Goron Throwdown - Only works if two enemies are near you. Goron grabs one in each hand and smash them into each other. - Does more damage depending on how heavy the character is. For example a if Goron used this move on a Bowser and a Pikachu, Pikachu would take about 15%, and Bowser would take only about 5%.

Up B: Somersault Jump - Goron jumps up while curled into a ball and rolling. Similar to Samus's special jump except Somersault Jump doesn't catch enemies, and it has very high knockback - 14%

Forward Tilt: Kick - 11%
Down Tilt: Knee Swipe - 8%
Up Tilt: Uppercut - 14%

Dash Attack: Flying Punch - Goron runs and with his fist out in front of him. - 12%

Forward Smash: Goron Smash - Goron Smashes into his enemies with the spikes on his back. Similar to Wario's side smash. - 26%
Up Smash: Jump Roll - Goron quickly and powerfully jumps and does a roll while curled into a ball. - 23%
Down Smash: Goron Erosion - Goron curls into a ball, and in about two seconds he pops out very fast and powerfuly. This move has about two seconds of windup time, but is very strong and has intense power. - 30%

Grab: Goron grabs an enemy. Nothing special.
Grab and Attack: Goron punches his hostage in the gut. - 3%
Forward Throw: Goron swings the enemy over his head and throws them forward. - 9%
Down Throw: Goron Stomp - Goron shoves his enemy onto the ground and jumps and stomps on them - 12%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom