• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Hey guys, you see me on Smashboards after the Japanese release date of Brawl. I don't want everything spoiled for me. I want to try to get most of the stuff by myself and I want to experience everything without having too much future knowledge. I may still be checking on the SSS site, so if you decide to post something, please put it in spoilers if it is pertaining anything to any information that wasn't on the Dojo. I also may not be on as often in the next few days. The wireless adapter in my laptop "disappeared" so I have to go shopping for a new one.

@SiegK, SonicMario, and SiD:
If you have any new info about the clan and what exactly is going to happen, PM me or email it to me if you guys would be so kind. Thanks.

Yeah, Something new is coming up. But when it's all finished we will tell you. We can only give you one thing: You'll be Happy with where you're at ;)

Del Money

Smash Champion
Le sigh. This blows. Like 3/4 months ago I had the highest number of posts in this thread. Now I've probably been beat by SiegK and Dyce. Oh well, I think I'm still beating SiD and SonicMario...HUZZAH. Anyways...
Sonic Games List: ...
You forgot a couple:
- Sonic The Hedgehog CD (PC version)
- Sonic Heroes (PC version)
- Sonic Adventure DX (PC version)
- Sonic The Hedehog 2 (PC version from Sega Smash Pack II)
- Sonic Spinball (PC version from Sega Smash Pack I)
- Sonic Pocket Adventure (Neo Geo)

By the way, I didn't look these up...I actually own all of these (except Pocket Adventure).

Which are your favorites? Pick 5 or 6!
Favorites:
- Sonic The Hedgehog (Genesis)
- Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (Genesis/PC)
- Sonic 3 & Knuckles (Genesis/PC)
- SA:DX (PC version - eliminates the "alleged" slowdown on the GC version...though I used to have the GC ersion and never noticed a slowdown at all)
- Sonic Triple Trouble
- Tails Adventure

@SiegK, SonicMario, and SiD:
If you have any new info about the clan and what exactly is going to happen, PM me or email it to me if you guys would be so kind. Thanks.
Le sigh...I'm part of S.S.S too :urg:

Mega Man 4 Brawl

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
Le sigh. This blows. Like 3/4 months ago I had the highest number of posts in this thread. Now I've probably been beat by SiegK and Dyce. Oh well, I think I'm still beating SiD and SonicMario...HUZZAH. Anyways...
You forgot a couple:

Le sigh...I'm part of S.S.S too :urg:

Mega Man 4 Brawl
Le sigh, are you french or just a bit feminin?

Me, me, me. Ive been beaten by SiegK and Dyce. Your coming off as quite annoying.

I didnt forget I mentioned that I wasnt going to list alot cause they werent that imortant/new games.

And again with the Le sigh, yes your in the SSS but not a major member.

Lastly... Wrong thread dude.

Sonic for Brawl,

Im not out to get ya, Im just in a larg state of annoyance. And this really bugged me.

Word of advice: Stop being to self absorbed.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Del's Posting statement is false. I won't prove it unless Del says please with a cherry on top. But I know the top 4-5 posters in the Sonic thread, and Del's statement is not correct.

I'm not posting it until Del says so because I don't want to be subject to his anger. But if he's angry enough with me with this post itself, and he says please. I'll post the actual Statistics.

Sonicz iz in teh Brawlzerz

SonicMario

Smash Master
^^^
...What do you mean?

EDIT: Repryx, you are the #13 in most posts on this thread. And your last post was your 200th in this thread. Your next one will be your 201st

Repryx

Smash Champion
^^^
...What do you mean?

EDIT: Repryx, you are the #13 in most posts on this thread. And your last post was your 200th in this thread. Your next one will be your 201st
.....STOP STALKING ME!!!!! hey Im not bad to have came so Late....

I meant SOnic for DBZ BT3

SonicMario

Smash Master
What are you guys talking about?!

Tenkachi 3 is already out (It has Online, but I heard it's very laggy). And why would they let Non-DBZ characters in those games? Did I miss something from like a Tenkaichi 4 announcement?

This isn't Sonic or Brawl related anyway, so GET BACK ON TOPIC.

If anybody wants to know their rank on posts. Say Please in Spoiler Tags. Then I'll give your post rank and how many posts in this thread.

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
Lol Dude me too.

I really wanted Sonic is the 64 Smash! ARG! And When I saw that OLD April fools joke about Sonic in Melee I went crazy!
yeah i think the supposed method was either to beat classic mode 10 times with dr. mario, or the beat five guys on cruel melee. I tried for like a week before i found out that it was fake. It made me so angry/disapointed. But disapointment no more!!! Cause SONIC IS IN BRAWL!!!!

SiegK

Smash Champion
I Thought it was 25 or 25 guys in cruel melee. The reason I mained Doc was because I played him to much trying to get Sonic. Lol.

I Main Doc trying to get Sonic in Melee, Sonic never shows up. I keep playing Doc and Master him.

Now Brawl Comes out and Sonic Is In!!! But Doc (might) has been knocked out...

Is Nintendo just Effing with Me!??!

SonicMario

Smash Master
SiegK:
SiegK. 2nd Most posts in the entire thread. With 803 total
Capt_falcon _Master
CFM. 44th Most posts in the entire thread. With 55 total

Me:
SonicMario 3rd Most posts in the entire thread. With 593 total

SonicMario

Smash Master
SiegK:
SiegK. 2nd Most posts in the entire thread. With 802 total
Capt_falcon _Master
CFM. 44th Most posts in the entire thread. With 55 total

Me:
SonicMario 3rd Most posts in the entire thread. With 593 total

SiegK

Smash Champion
SiD is the most huh? Lol. And hes Never on! He was beating me before. But What about now?

Lol That means (short of 73) I could have a Post on each page? Lawl.

To those of you who have like 3,500 or over Posts Or even 9,000 yeah you know who you are.
Either have no lives or have been here for along time and you better have been here for a long time..

Del Money

Smash Champion
Le sigh, are you french or just a bit feminin?
I don't see where you're coming from?
Me, me, me. Ive been beaten by SiegK and Dyce. Your coming off as quite annoying.
...and you're coming off as an *** seeing as nobody else took it that way.
And again with the Le sigh, yes your in the SSS but not a major member.
I'm glad you can decide that for me.
Lastly... Wrong thread dude.

Sonic for Brawl,
Obviously, another joke.
Im not out to get ya, Im just in a larg state of annoyance. And this really bugged me.
It's the Internet...calm down.
Word of advice: Stop being to self absorbed.
This coming from the person in which the majority of his posts is purely bragging about his artwork. IWhy you're trying to start an argument is beyond me. But I recommend you stop, it's uncalled for and it's not getting anyone anywhere.

Del's Posting statement is false. I won't prove it unless Del says please with a cherry on top. But I know the top 4-5 posters in the Sonic thread, and Del's statement is not correct.

I'm not posting it until Del says so because I don't want to be subject to his anger. But if he's angry enough with me with this post itself, and he says please. I'll post the actual Statistics.

Sonicz iz in teh Brawlzerz
How the hell am I "angry"? Quit making stuff up. I purposely made a potentially false statements so that so you WOULD post the real statistics. I remember you did it way back in the day and I used to know how to find those stats, but I forgot how. And I definitely asked you to post them like a few days ago and yet you ignored it.

Anyways, to get back on topic...we've known for a while that Sega will soon be to taking a break from canon Sonic platforming titles. When they release a new Sonic platforming title, what would be the ideal system for the next Sonic platforming game to be on and why? If it were a 2D game I would vote the DS. But were it 3D I'm not really sure.

SiegK

Smash Champion
No I didnt decide that for you, the S.S.S. list did.
*yawn* So who else thinks My art work is the best in the world? *sarcasm*

I wonder if someone has made a real pair of Sonic shoes. Lol. Id buy em. That would be so awesme.

SEGA is being ********. Sorry to be so blunt. And I know it might be blasphemy but Sega should work let Sonic Team work with Nintendo ALOT more or even merge Sonic Team over to Nintendo, cause they would know what to do with him.
3D Sonic Games have SO MUCH potencial but they just keep Effing up the story and game engine. 2D Sonic is great but keep that for the hand held and classic Sonic games.

If they take Sonic 06 back into hands again and fix out all the kinks. Id buy it again (if I rented it and it was good) cause It would be one of the most fun Sonic games to play over and over, if the controls wernt F**ked over.

Sonic 3 & Knuckles and Sonic Adventure 2 are still my two most Fav Sonic games.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Due to delays in the completion of Super Smash Bros. Brawl, we’ve had to change the release date of the game to Sunday, March 9th.

I deeply apologize to the people who have looked forward to playing the game for so long and ask that you hold on just a little longer. Thank you for your patience.
Another freaking delay....**** you SAKURAI!!!!!!!! :mad:
The thing that freaking piss me off is that the Japanese version only got delayed by 9 day and ours get delayed for a full month bull****.

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
The thing that freaking piss me off is that the Japanese version only got delayed by 9 day and ours get delayed for a full month bull****.
At least he Apologized.

I don't understand why your so mad, as least your still getting it before Europe. I hope the reason for this delay is to release the game the same time as Europe/Australia.

I was going to get an american copy (and Wii), but now it seems I won't have to.

Edit: Oh, and read your sig.

Del Money

Smash Champion
SEGA is being ********. Sorry to be so blunt.
That's like the slogan of this thread. We've all been saying that prior to Sonic's confirmation.
And I know it might be blasphemy but Sega should work let Sonic Team work with Nintendo ALOT more or even merge Sonic Team over to Nintendo, cause they would know what to do with him.
3D Sonic Games have SO MUCH potencial but they just keep Effing up the story and game engine. 2D Sonic is great but keep that for the hand held and classic Sonic games.
More or less. I've been of the firm believers in Sonic been great in 3-D so the fact that you're not bashing Sonic's ability to function in 3-D is good. It's usually non-Sonic fans who like to over their mouths and say stupid **** about Sonic not meant to be in 3-D without realizing the reason why a lot of the 3-D Sonics failed.

But what I tried to get at earlier was the preferred console for a NEW 3-D Sonic game. Technically, any next-gen console controller should be suitable for a new 3-D Sonic game. For the Wii, I guess the GC controller or the nunchuk would work. But then if a Sonic game is released for the Wii, popular demand might ask it to have an innovatvie use of the Wii's motion sensitivity controls. And while that may have worked for Super Mario Galaxy, SatSR took a major sh*t on the bed of the Sonic franchise (even though some ignorant people believe it to be the king of all Sonics).

I guess with premier Wii titles like MP3, SMG, Zelda TP, and even SatSR setting a standard for Wii-gameplay, I'm not sure if a Sonic 3-D title (one that isn't a stupidass rollercoaster ride) would be desire by Nintendo for the Wii. And I'd hate to see another Sonic 3-D title get thrown only on PS3/360...especially if it's good.
If they take Sonic 06 back into hands again and fix out all the kinks. Id buy it again (if I rented it and it was good) cause It would be one of the most fun Sonic games to play over and over, if the controls wernt F**ked over.
I'm still hoping for that game to come out on PC..pssh maybe in a couple years...
The Japan delay is only 7 days, yo. And overall I'm not bothered by the delay. Being Wii-less at the moment has its benefits...like me not being pressured into needing one anytime so soon that I drop 400 ****ing dollars on eBay for one.

Garuda

Smash Ace
**** this game. I'll still get it, but I don't give a rat's *** about the roster being spoiled. This time we have every right to be pissed. He only delayed it by a week in Japan, more here. He's just a selfish, Japanese supremist.

If it really IS online play that's causing trouble, DON'T FREAKING IMPLEMENT IT.

EDIT:...Wow, I went way too far in this post. Wonder how that twig got in my ***?

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
At least he Apologized.

I don't understand why your so mad, as least your still getting it before Europe. I hope the reason for this delay is to release the game the same time as Europe/Australia.

I was going to get an american copy (and Wii), but now it seems I won't have to.

Edit: Oh, and read your sig.
But the thing is that I doubt they delayed it to add content, how can you add content in 9 days?
Unless the USA version is getting extras which I highly doubt the reason for the delay doesn't have anything to do with finishing the game since it's supposed to have gone "gold".
Oh well I don't care about getting spoiled now, there's no way I'm going to wait an extra month just to know who is in. :(

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
But the thing is that I doubt they delayed it to add content, how can you add content in 9 days?
Unless the USA version is getting extras which I highly doubt the reason for the delay doesn't have anything to do with finishing the game since it's supposed to have gone "gold".
Oh well I don't care about getting spoiled now, there's no way I'm going to wait an extra month just to know who is in. :(
I see your point, but March 9th isn't that bad, at least compared to other countrys.

Perhaps they need more time to translate, or haven't made enough copies (since this game is going to be very popular, and will would be sold out quickly otherwise).

Repryx

Smash Champion
Sakurai Delayed Brawl???? AGAIN???? AAARRRRGGHHH.....Shouldnt he be yelled at or something by miyamoto?

SiegK

Smash Champion
3D Sonic Games

Now c’mon we can’t shun out 3D Sonic games, they haven’t all failed.

One of the 1st 3D Sonic games is one of my favorites, Sonic Adventure. The controls were good for its time and the story was fun. Then Sonic Adventure 2 was like, WHOA! The controls were perfect, Sonic moves just like we wished him to in a 3D world and new characters were added but were cool. To boot, the Story was great, around the world in different areas and then in space. Typical Sonic.

Sonic Heroes was an okay, it was a new idea to put all 3 powers in one level and some people liked it that way. Though, I think it would have been better to separate each character to his or her own level. Whenever I wanted to play a kind of character I would have to switch randomly. It just seemed tedious but I can’t complain about the controls, they were fun for how the game was set up. And as for the story, how it was kicked off for the Sonic Team wasn’t too ingenious but how it played out was ok and fun to follow.
But what I did like about it was that this game followed up on the last, Sonic Adventure 2, and helped tell the story of the characters more by continuing and not just starting new.

Shadow the Hedgehog. No it wasn’t Sonic, so the feel was expected to be a bit different. Shadow seemed a little more slick to the ground and sometimes you would have to stop and shoot things (if you wanted), myself tried to speed through as much of the levels as I could cause it seemed more fun. But what was really attractive about this game was how it told the story and the story that it told. I liked how you could go about the game anyway you choose and learned so much about his character but all boiled down to the same ending. That’s what was cool about this game.

Sonic Riders was pretty cool. Yeah it wasn’t the original Sonic we’re use to, not a foot race but it gave us what we wanted. Speed. Fast speed. The story was cool too, Chaos Emeralds and all that. Plus, new characters that weren’t that bad when it comes to character flaws, personality and motives (even though Jet’s voice is annoying, I like his character. But he is an idiot to think he’s faster then Sonic, without Extreme Gear his speed is nothing to Sonic). And when Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity game out. Holy crap it added speed. You never stop moving with the new power to control gravity and zoom around corners or speed on walls. My only problem was that it was too short. Lol. I want more! Haha.

Sonic the Hedgehog 06. This game was dead all around. I’ve talked about it before but in speculation of this post, I will do so again. The controls seem way too… mechanical. Sonic didn’t feel smooth like he did in other Sonic games, his Homing Attack was to short and not that easy to hit enemies with, his Spin Ball was crap, Tails was cool to play but… tossing rings? But I do admit his flying was pretty cool and well controlled. Another mess up, new characters. They focused too much on character development of characters we didn’t care about. And totally screwed up others, such as Blaze. Umm No she isn’t from the future, she’s from a parallel dimension of Sonic’s world. Silver wasn’t that bad of a character, little bit of a pu**y but he wasn’t a needed character for the Sonic universe, maybe for this game this game should have been different. And in the mach speed Sonic levels if you jump where your not supposed to, you die. It was a good idea for the game and could have been fun… but they totally messed it up and made it not fun.

Sonic and the Secret Rings. Now this was different, using the motion sensor was a cool idea. But I don’t think it really worked out. It just seems that Sonic games need a joy stick to keep up with his speed. Having the player manually turn him with a side ways remote kind of took away that sense of speed a Sonic game should. It’s nice we have a Sonic game that handles him in that way, but please don’t do it again. I played it for the story, so I wouldn’t miss anything, and even that wasn’t too good.

My Advice for the next Next Gen Sonic, don’t focus the game around new characters and their story, don’t even add new characters, focus and build the game around already existing characters and their story.

So actually when you look back on it, 3D Sonic games haven’t been all bad only 2 were actually not that great and only 1 really failed.

2D Sonic games are still awesome, almost no matter what game it is. 2D Sonic rocks. Sonic Rush games are really fun and Sonic RPG will be awesome.

Ya know what would be really cool. I would love this. If they remake the best Sonic game ever created. Sonic 3 and Knuckles. Into 3D (MAKE IT GOOD DAMMIT!) And redo it exactly the same, from every tile to every tree. Don’t even add Story line or Cut Scenes. Lol. Just game. No Chaos Emeralds in the Story line, only if you collect them yourself. And if you collect all 7 by 3rd stage (like I do) Then you can go Super Sonic whenever you want! (if you have 50 rings) for the rest of the game. THAT! Would be perfect. And yeah It could be two player for someone with Tails or tails could just follow you. Omg that would be so much fun!!!

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
"Tails was cool to play but… tossing rings?"

That is Tails signature move. He first used it in Tails Adventure (Game Gear) and also in other games (Sonic Heroes)

You made some good points, and yes, Sonic RPG will be awesome.

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
That a nice post SeigK, I think that sums up about everything that happened.

I have a few ideas for a Sonic game and sounds a lot like the suggestions you have, Only using existing Sonic characters and having character development for them. Unfortunately the Chaos Emerald will be factored into the story, however you don’t need to get them all to finish the game, and if you do get them all you will be able to go Super anywhere you want, and maybe a bit more.

Sonic and Shadow will be playable, Sonic will be playing as he should, fast and loose. Shadow will play differently than before, a bit heavier and slower, but also more powerful. He will also have Omega with him but you can customize his load out (he is a robot after all, and is not limited to the same old weapons). There will also be one or two more character, one of which you unlock after you beat the game and can play through his own side of the story.

Sonic’s personality will be closer to the *** he should be closer to be, taunting them and having an attitude. Shadow will focus on a more militaristic view as he works for the G.U.N. (why didn’t they just call it the Guardians of the United Nations??) and you can pick up side mission that can lead into full blow mini story arcs.

I might post more if you guys are interested in my idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom