• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Yeah. I believe I will be going and buying that NP edition. Also, does it mention something else about another RPG game in development? I believe that it doesn't state what kind of game(Mario, Golden Sun, etc.) but that it will in the next issue. Is that true?

SiD

Smash Master
Awesome scans dude!

That is illegal though. But it's a stupid law.

Anyway, it sounds awesome. I've been a big fan of the story in Sonic games for a long time, and even up until Sonic 06, (Cause SatSR sucked in every way, especially in story), so I'm glad to hear they are taking all the backstory into account instead of just starting anew.

Garuda

Smash Ace
Sorry about that. I really should just leave this thread and never come back, because I can't properly contribute to conversation as I haven't kept up with the past decade of all this Archie crap and all these characters and stuff.

Of course, that won't happen as curiosity has the best of me, but you get my point.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Sorry about that. I really should just leave this thread and never come back, because I can't properly contribute to conversation as I haven't kept up with the past decade of all this Archie crap and all these characters and stuff.

Of course, that won't happen as curiosity has the best of me, but you get my point.
You are going to stay that way we can both remember the glorious days of SOnic.
Hmm if they were to make a 3d remake of S&K 3
would you buy it?

Lol, your getting all heated and angry about who's faster, Sonic or Goku.

Get a life.

You sound like a thirteen year old. *sighs*
waste of time.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Still, It looks awesome. They even said they'll increase Big's IQ a bit. And this Shade character sounds intriquing. This may be = or > to Sonic Rush 1&2

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
Well this one is only RPG focused that changes a lot, cause SSR was more about speed and not stopping to chat or have turn based combat. I'm hoping Bioware does great on this game, hope they don't think "If we mess up on this, we won't lose much cause it's Sonic.....and no one cares for him anymore" When in fact a big population still does. Bioware has too big on a reputation on RPG's so I doubt they'll do what I said above. The game screen shots made my hyped for a game I didn't thought I would be :).

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
Sonic Rush and Sonic RPG are on two different levels guys. Lol. I mean, Sonic Rush Adventure wasnt really RPG, it was an adventure game collect stupid rocks and make a ship. O.o Lol. But the Game Play is what matters.

Sonic RPG is gunna be really new to the Sonic universe and doesnt really level with much cause its so new.

I say its not level with Sonic Rush cause that game was "holy crap" fast.

So when it comes to speed with games real time comprehension, Sonic Rush Wins. But Sonic RPG will take a whole new stand.
Im repeating myself alot in different words, huh? Lol. Im so tired.

Basicly! To sum it all up...ya know what, nvm to sum it up read it again. Lol. Im just ticked off caus the wallmount i just bot wont stick to my wall to hold my Key Blade. The only space of wall left around my rooms is dry wall no center beam is ecposed! All covered by poster scrolls. Oy...

Cause I cant hang it Horizontally, even though that would be easier, cause it only looks good vertically. And I need to hang my Spartan sword vertically too, but I need to find space for that next.
I still have no idea where to put my Buster Sword (Cloud) on any wall, it still just stands next to my dresser. I wanna hang my Master Sword (Zelda) on the right side of my Kenshin (Key Blade on left) but I cant until I get the Hyrule Shield so it can be mounted on the back, but for the time being I have a Full Metal Alchemist calendar placed there. Sure, I could vertically wall mount the Master Sword by the wing guard but then the metal/wood sheath might be exposed. And I don’t wanna hang it w/o the sheath cause it just looks too **** cool! I’m already hanging my Masamune Katana (Sephiroth) above my window horizontally with a double wall mount I made myself. And my Reverse Blade Sword (Kenshin) is going horizontally above my bathroom. But that still leaves my Double Bladed Katana (Kadaj) to hand. OH Maybe Ill make a new quad-mount to hold the Masamune on top and the Double Bladed Katana on bottom. that would look cool. But my Spartan Sword and Bokken are still without a place. Maybe my Sword of Sparta could hand above my door... But then I just got a cool Axe, its kinda small (about arms length), and my Luke Skywalker FX LightSaber... It has its own ground mount but kinda gets in the way on top of my dresser... SORRY for Ranting I know this has nuthing to do with Sonic But this is the only thread where there are alot of people I actually like.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Im just ticked off caus the wallmount i just bot wont stick to my wall to hold my Key Blade. The only space of wall left around my rooms is dry wall no center beam is ecposed! All covered by poster scrolls. Oy...

Cause I cant hang it Horizontally, even though that would be easier, cause it only looks good vertically. And I need to hang my Spartan sword vertically too, but I need to find space for that next.
I still have no idea where to put my Buster Sword (Cloud) on any wall, it still just stands next to my dresser.
I wanna hang my Master Sword (Zelda) on the right side of my Kenshin (Key Blade on left) but I cant until I get the Hyrule Shield so it can be mounted on the back, but for the time being I have a Full Metal Alchemist calendar placed there.
Sure, I could vertically wall mount the Master Sword by the wing guard but then the metal/wood sheath might be exposed. And I don’t wanna hang it w/o the sheath cause it just looks too **** cool!
I’m already hanging my Masamune Katana (Sephiroth) above my window horizontally with a double wall mount I made myself. And my Reverse Blade Sword (Kenshin) is going horizontally above my bathroom. But that still leaves my Double Bladed Katana (Kadaj) to hand.
OH Maybe Ill make a new quad-mount to hold the Masamune on top and the Double Bladed Katana on bottom. that would look cool.
But my Spartan Sword and Bokken are still without a place. Maybe my Sword of Sparta could hand above my door... But then I just got a cool Axe, its kinda small (about arms length), and my Luke Skywalker FX LightSaber... It has its own ground mount but kinda gets in the way on top of my dresser...
SORRY for Ranting I know this has nuthing to do with Sonic But this is the only thread where there are alot of people I actually like.
I have to give you credit for finding the room for all those weapons. Christ. who do you buy from?
Oh and don't apologize for going off topic because the mods don't particularly care unless its starts to approach page upon page of off topic things.

Repryx

Smash Champion
Sonic Rush and Sonic RPG are on two different levels guys. Lol. I mean, Sonic Rush Adventure wasnt really RPG, it was an adventure game collect stupid rocks and make a ship. O.o Lol. But the Game Play is what matters.

Sonic RPG is gunna be really new to the Sonic universe and doesnt really level with much cause its so new.

I say its not level with Sonic Rush cause that game was "holy crap" fast.

So when it comes to speed with games real time comprehension, Sonic Rush Wins. But Sonic RPG will take a whole new stand.
Im repeating myself alot in different words, huh? Lol. Im so tired.

Basicly! To sum it all up...ya know what, nvm to sum it up read it again. Lol. Im just ticked off caus the wallmount i just bot wont stick to my wall to hold my Key Blade. The only space of wall left around my rooms is dry wall no center beam is ecposed! All covered by poster scrolls. Oy...

I still have no idea where to put my Buster Sword (Cloud) on any wall, it still just stands next to my dresser. I wanna hang my Master Sword (Zelda) on the right side of my Kenshin (Key Blade on left) but I cant until I get the Hyrule Shield so it can be mounted on the back, but for the time being I have a Full Metal Alchemist calendar placed there. Sure, I could vertically wall mount the Master Sword by the wing guard but then the metal/wood sheath might be exposed. And I don’t wanna hang it w/o the sheath cause it just looks too **** cool! I’m already hanging my Masamune Katana (Sephiroth) above my window horizontally with a double wall mount I made myself. And my Reverse Blade Sword (Kenshin) is going horizontally above my bathroom. But that still leaves my Double Bladed Katana (Kadaj) to hand. OH Maybe Ill make a new quad-mount to hold the Masamune on top and the Double Bladed Katana on bottom. that would look cool. But my Spartan Sword and Bokken are still without a place. Maybe my Sword of Sparta could hand above my door... But then I just got a cool Axe, its kinda small (about arms length), and my Luke Skywalker FX LightSaber... It has its own ground mount but kinda gets in the way on top of my dresser... SORRY for Ranting I know this has nuthing to do with Sonic But this is the only thread where there are alot of people I actually like.

.....You are to cool...please take pics when you get them all up!

(Where did you get a Buster Sword Im jealous!)

SiegK

Smash Champion
I have to give you credit for finding the room for all those weapons. Christ. who do you buy from?
Oh and don't apologize for going off topic because the mods don't particularly care unless its starts to approach page upon page of off topic things.
I have to give you credit for not being an @$$ to me like you were the 1st time Lol. jkz, but I dont take too kindly to orders. Advice is fine, so thx for the advice.

.....You are to cool...please take pics when you get them all up!

(Where did you get a Buster Sword Im jealous!)
Not to be full of myself and say I have fans but Repryx is one of my biggest. ^_____^
Thx, bro. Your awesome, and I sure will. I just hung my Key Blade and Reverse Blade, working on the Mount for the Double Blade and Masamune, work more on it 2morrow. Back to Sonic!!!

Well as we w8 for Sonic RPG, (awesome pix HolyN.) Sonic Riders Zero Gravity is awesome! And a really cool soundtrack to boot!

Ya either love Sonic Riders or ya hate it, or at least those are the only two responses ive ever seen to the series.

What do you guys think?

Maben

Smash Journeyman
Blue streak speeds by
Sonic the Hedgehog
Too fast for the naked eye
Sonic the Hedgehog

Sonic he can really move
Sonic he's got an attitude
Sonic he's the fastest thing alive

Look out when he storms through
Sonic the Hedgehog
Don't doubt what he can do
Sonic the Hedgehog

Sonic he can really move
Sonic he's got an attitude
Sonic he's the fastest thing alive
He's the fastest thing alive
He's the fastest thing ALIVE!

this brings back memories...gonna have to give sonic a good try for my "main" spot :)

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Ya either love Sonic Riders or ya hate it, or at least those are the only two responses ive ever seen to the series.

What do you guys think?
I actually didn't see much wrong with Sonic Riders. I thought it was one of the better 3D Sonic games in a while. It had rings, Chaos Emeralds, Sonic, all the other characters, secret characters, and blinding speed (with more than decent controls).

EDIT:
Is that not what makes a good Sonic game?

Also, they didn't try to outdo themselves like usual. That's the key to Sonic: work slowly and build on itself.

...I just wish Sonic Team understood that.

SiegK

Smash Champion
I actually didn't see much wrong with Sonic Riders. I thought it was one of the better 3D Sonic games in a while. It had rings, Chaos Emeralds, Sonic, all the other characters, secret characters, and blinding speed (with more than decent controls).

EDIT:
Is that not what makes a good Sonic game?

Also, they didn't try to outdo themselves like usual. That's the key to Sonic: work slowly and build on itself.

...I just wish Sonic Team understood that.
Dude awesome comment. The Blinding speed is what I love about Sonic Riders and even though the last Boss was kinda wack they really did pull out all that is great and needed in Sonic games.

Sonic Games List:

Sonic the Hedgehog (And Game Gear Version)(And GBA Version)(And Cell phone Version)[**** this game has been remade so many times. Cause its EPIC!]
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (And Game Gear Version)
Sonic the Hedgehog 3
Sonic & Knuckles
Sonic & Knuckles Collection
Sonic the Hedgehog Spinball (And Game Gear Version)
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (And Game Gear Version)
Sonic 3D Blast (And Game Gear Version- G-Sonic)(And PC Version)
Sonic the Hedgehog CD
Sonic Eraser (He is the sprite that is used, it counts)
Sonic Chaos (Sonic and Tails) (And Game Gear Version)
Sonic Triple Trouble (Sonic and Tails 2)
Sonic Drift
Sonic Drift 2
Tails Adventure
Sonic Labyrinth
Tails' Skypatrol
Sonic the Hedgehog's Gameworld
Tails and the Music Maker
Sonic's Schoolhouse
Waku Waku Sonic Patrol Car
SegaSonic Cosmo Fighter
Knuckles' Chaotix
Sonic Jam
Sonic the Fighters
Sonic Compilation/Sonic Classics 3-in-1
Sonic R (And PC Version)
Sonic Adventure
Sonic Adventure 2
Sonic Shuffle
Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut
Sonic Heroes
Sonic Mega Collection
Sonic Mega Collection Plus
Sonic Gems Collection
Sonic Riders
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity
SonicN (If anyone remembers the Nokia N-Gage)
Sonic Advance
Sonic Advance 2
Sonic Advance 3
Sonic Pinball Party
Sonic Battle
Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
Shadow the Hedgehog
Sega Superstars
Sega Superstars Tennis
Sonic Rush
Sonic Rush Adventure
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games
Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood (Sonic RPG)
Sonic Rivals
Sonic Rivals 2
Sonic the Hedgehog 06 (PS3 and Xbox360 Sonic)
Sonic and the Secret Rings

The rest are Sonic Cell Phone Games and there are 37. If you wish me to list them all just say so. If not, I’m just leaving the number. (And, yeah, there were some other collections such as Sega Genesis Collection, Sonic Smash Pack 1 & 2, Sonic & Garfield Pack, Sonic Action Pack, Sonic 2 in 1 and many others but I only listed the ones I felt were important.)

Raw Sonic Games: 55
Sonic Games + different versions: 62
Sonic Games all, versions, cell phones (not including ones I didn’t list such as other collections): 99

Which are your favorites? Pick 5 or 6!

Im gunna have to go with Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Sonic Adventure 1 & 2, Sonic Rush and Sonic Riders. (Soon to be added Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood (Sonic RPG))

Jisike

Smash Journeyman
I think i wouldave like Sonic Riders more if it was just a footrace and no hover boards >_>

and the sun glasses thing...

And Jet..

SiegK

Smash Champion
I think i wouldave like Sonic Riders more if it was just a footrace and no hover boards >_>

and the sun glasses thing...

And Jet..
Extreme Gear was pretty cool. if it was a foot race, many characters would have been put out. And Plus, Jet cant keep up with Sonic on anything other then Extreme Gear. Foot Race? There would be no game.

Sun glasses thing? The new attire bugged me too, at 1st. When I saw Sonic's Shoes...omg... I hated it. But the new stuff goes great with the game itself. SR:ZG Tails Drives a Car, in traffic!? Well I guess if he can control a airplane, a jet, a submarine, a huge Drill, a Space craft and a walking robot I guess a car really isnt that big of a deal.

Jet is actually a well rounded character, when it comes to personality traits. Like him or ot, he was well put together. What bothered me was his voice... I just beat Sonic Riders Zero Gravity and **** was it short.

I Like Sonic Riders more... But I likes Sonic Riders Zero Gravity Game Play better. mix the two and theer ya go.

I had alot of fun with Sonic Shuffle! =/
Your not human.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Extreme Gear was pretty cool. if it was a foot race, many characters would have been put out. And Plus, Jet cant keep up with Sonic on anything other then Extreme Gear. Foot Race? There would be no game.

Sun glasses thing? The new attire bugged me too, at 1st. When I saw Sonic's Shoes...omg... I hated it. But the new stuff goes great with the game itself. SR:ZG Tails Drives a Car, in traffic!? Well I guess if he can control a airplane, a jet, a submarine, a huge Drill, a Space craft and a walking robot I guess a car really isnt that big of a deal.

Jet is actually a well rounded character, when it comes to personality traits. Like him or ot, he was well put together. What bothered me was his voice... I just beat Sonic Riders Zero Gravity and **** was it short.

I Like Sonic Riders more... But I likes Sonic Riders Zero Gravity Game Play better. mix the two and theer ya go.
I liked the gear. I don't remember off the top of my head what was disappointing (I played the game for a day at my little cousin's house last 4th of July weekend), but I do remember myself going: "Aww! That <X article of clothing> on <X character> looks stupid! They should have just kept the original!" Oh, and I found a LOT of characters' voices annoying, especially Jet the Hawk's... but that's what you get from 4Kids. But overall I had fun with it.

Garuda

Smash Ace
Yes, too bad I haven't played it!!! KASHGKASHGKASHGKASG COME ON BRAWL, GIVE ME SONIC!

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
Hey guys, you see me on Smashboards after the Japanese release date of Brawl. I don't want everything spoiled for me. I want to try to get most of the stuff by myself and I want to experience everything without having too much future knowledge. I may still be checking on the SSS site, so if you decide to post something, please put it in spoilers if it is pertaining anything to any information that wasn't on the Dojo. I also may not be on as often in the next few days. The wireless adapter in my laptop "disappeared" so I have to go shopping for a new one.

@SiegK, SonicMario, and SiD:
If you have any new info about the clan and what exactly is going to happen, PM me or email it to me if you guys would be so kind. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom