• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
We are only 42 posts away from rivaling the Confirmed Character Discussion Thread, should we do that. we will have the most posts in the Brawl Character Discussion area!

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Like sugarpoultry, I would have failed all my finals. So, I am somewhat grateful for the delay (not happy but grateful).

Sonic looks cool at least. He looked stupid in most of his own games. I still don't like how his eyes are connected above his nose... >_>
That's just how Sonic is. Don't question his awesomeness. So what if he's a cyclops with two pupils? He's so kickass!

Also, I too am grateful but not happy about the delay. I will get to study for finals THIS semester, but if the game is delayed too long, I might not study for finals NEXT semester! OH NOZ!

Well, at least it will be for good reason. Brawl is looking beautiful.

kosmoco

Smash Apprentice
in that case WOOT!! WOOT!!!, I was only asking because I was unsure, but know that I've seen an FS tranformation such as Bowser's there's no doubt his will be Super Sonic
Dosen't it show that sonic turns super in his trailer. I would of perferd darkspine sonic but super sonic is good already.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
We are only 42 posts away from rivaling the Confirmed Character Discussion Thread, should we do that. we will have the most posts in the Brawl Character Discussion area!
yea no doubt that by tonight we'll have already surpased the Character Confirmed thread, I wouldn't even be surprised if the site broke a new record for having the most people online after all Sonic is HUGE!!

but who is next to appear?......their is more 3rd partys to come im sure of it
actually there is only gonna be one more 3rd party to be revealed according to Sakurai and for the most likely to appear i would have to say either Megaman or Geno

volbound1700

Smash Master
Sonic already has a victory song to the guy that stated that... when he finishes the acts on Sonic1, Sonic2, or Sonic 3

I think they all have their own tune.

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
OMG I log out for 1 hour and about 3000 pages have been made -__-

But YAY SONIC IN BRAWL, someone slap me hard because I think I'm having a sexy blue dream

kosmoco

Smash Apprentice
indeed u can say that again....but who is next to appear?......their is more 3rd partys to come im sure of it
But i would say not as good 3rd paryties would come now. Sonic should of been the last character update just to give us a big surprise.

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, now elsewhere on the forums are people saying "now that Sonic is in Ridley is next!!" O_O We have yet to see! Apparently Nintendo hasn't finished Brawl, so yeah, NEW or RETURNING characters are gonna be more of what we see!

Maybe, because of the high demand in characters from their fans, maybe their fulfilling our wishes? I mean, it would take a long time to design a character and put them in, but maybe thats what they did with Sonic, and there might be more! Hmmmm...

Sumenora

Smash Apprentice
But i would say not as good 3rd paryties would come now. Sonic should of been the last character update just to give us a big surprise.
true true..but they have their reasons.....probably cause they knew early that they couldent finish it for DEC 3rd..so they push sonic in for a update early...in exchange for a longer wait...

Frica

Smash Cadet
But see, that wouldn't have been a surprise at all...I think most people knew that Sonic was gonna be in Brawl. It was painfully obvious. The last update should be a real surprise.

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
I'm a little glad for the delay to. I mean, I live in the UK, so I would get brawl during my exams. now that the Japanese deadline is after my exams, I can recieve a little bit of relief, whether the game is released globally or not

~*Ice Climbers*~

Smash Cadet
Sorry, I meant that Knuckles would run in a similar way like Marill did and punch people. I really do hope Ridley will make it, playable or not.

kosmoco

Smash Apprentice
But see, that wouldn't have been a surprise at all...I think most people knew that Sonic was gonna be in Brawl. It was painfully obvious. The last update should be a real surprise.
I just think they showed sonic a bit to soon. all and all i,m just glad he is in it. yeah the last update should be a really surprise.

saberhof

Smash Master
sonic wow... wasn't expecting it at all...

and i don't care if its held back...i want them to take their sweet time to make this game perfect...

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
Sonic uses him Spin Jump as a normal just, dose that mean his normal jump can do damage like in the other sonic game or will it be solely for a cosmetic purposes?

Sumenora

Smash Apprentice
I just think they showed sonic a bit to soon. all and all i,m just glad he is in it. yeah the last update should be a really surprise.
im not all that surprized...i knew he would be in.....

Sonic uses him Spin Jump as a normal just, dose that mean his normal jump can do damage like in the other sonic game or will it be solely for a cosmetic purposes?

i dout it.....it would be cheating..

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
It will probably just be cosmetic. It would make Sonic broken otherwise. Then people would ban him from tournies, and I dont want that to happen.

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
Oh wonderful.

It's not that I don't like the Sonic series, or Sonic himself, but the thought of a character who is completely based on speed causes shivers for me. I can only imagine the combos and **** that people will find with him. I'll probably end up wanting to wring his blue neck with a furious vengance like I want to for Shiek. *hisses*

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
After I saw him confirmed, I went crazy for about an hour. I was surprised that I was able to fall asleep after all that excitement. I'm so happy, that no matter the bad news, I would still not mind (my sig speaks for itself). Better a delay WITH Sonic, than being on time WITHOUT Sonic (if only we would have gotten the best of both worlds). Anyway, at least now people will have stuff to talk about on this thread other than pointless chitchat.

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
By the time I finished reading the last page, there were already 4 posts and another page. Sonic owns. I'm glad they released him now. We all knew he was gonna make it, not a huge surprise, but still exhilarating. Yes, I do think that means it will be delayed a bit now, but well worth it IMO. Brawl's going to surpass everyone's expectations. Sakurai's going to have a real surprise waiting for us come Dec 3rd, or whenever. Life is good...

EDIT: 9 Posts, Lol...

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
Sonic could pull a Falco, top tier like I said. I hope so though, cuz I want to play a top tier character for ONCE!

..I still love you Link... <3
Sonic could very well speed his way to top tier.
His spin attack has insane speed, along with the fact it can be turned into an air combo.
His Up B looks like it has good aerial recovery but little horizontal movement (he will probably have two Up Bs like Link.
His Down A looks like its going to be really fast have give some good knock back.
And Sonic's running speed is should place him at the front of the pack.
The only things that could hold him back is if him moves have lag at the end of the, even through the ones we have seen, he combo with ease. Or he is as light as Kirby, again, something I don't see happening.

So in closing, unless they revamp Sonic, or reveal moves that act differently from what we have seen, Sonic will be Top Tier.

Out of the way Fox, the new speed king is coming through!:laugh:

GimmeAnFSharp

Smash Journeyman
They probably released Sonic simultaneously with the bad news of a push-back for a reason... notice how they didn't make a humongous deal of the push back? It's almost like they're using Sonic to cover it...

kosmoco

Smash Apprentice
Sad that it might be delayed but i think sonic was worth it. Any way it won't be a big delay. (Sonic the best charater ever)

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
They probably released Sonic simultaneously with the bad news of a push-back for a reason... notice how they didn't make a humongous deal of the push back? It's almost like they're using Sonic to cover it...
Yeah, thats what we are thinking. Well, it gives us fans something to do until Brawl hits the stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom