• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
WOOT WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SONIC HAS FINALLY BEEN CONFIRMED!!!!

I know most of you already knew this but man it's exciting to finally see both Mario and Sonic in the same place at the same time after a long decade+ of being rivals

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
WOOT WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SONIC HAS FINALLY BEEN CONFIRMED!!!!

I know most of you already knew this but man it's exciting to finally see both Mario and Sonic in the same place at the same time after a long decade+ of being rivals

>_>

They're still in a fighting game...

Anyway, this date thing from the website...

Maybe they a ccident ally put TBD on there? Wasn't UK/europe TBD/TBA?

Agreed, still sucks. :(

EDIT: My browser is stupid, and edits some words, so I have to break them up in spaces. >_>

Garuda

Smash Ace
Dude, Nya... me = *******, which makes me = EXTREMELY sorry, and the result is...

I, GARUDA, HAVE BEEN PWNED.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Halleluja!!!!!

now I have one more stipulation:
if Sonic is not the fastest character that you can play, I'll be VERY angry... llok at sonic, look at captain falcon, who should really be faster.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Any one listed the B moves we saw yet? I know B^ Is the spring and I have no clue what the rolling one could be.

:034:

Smash Hero
Sonic in Brawl almost made become a Sonic fan again... Almost.

By the way, is that Griffith voicing Sonic? Or Drummond? Does anybody know this pretty irrelevant piece on info?

Zhilo

Smash Apprentice
*Checks the smash dojo in the morning as part of my daily routine*

"Hey, Challenger Aproaching!, sweet, they finally added Geno!"

*scrolls down*

"It's blue!, it's Geno, it's Geno!.... oh, wait, it's just Sonic. Well thats allrght too."

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
*Checks the smash dojo in the morning as part of my daily routine*

"Hey, Challenger Aproaching!, sweet, they finally added Geno!"

*scrolls down*

"It's blue!, it's Geno, it's Geno!.... oh, wait, it's just Sonic. Well thats allrght too."

Don't worry, his time will come...Very soon

WHO?AreYou

Smash Journeyman
Wow...Sonic is actually in Brawl.
I was a hater, I'll admit. Didn't really think he was gonna get in. Congrats to those who have championed his cause.
P.S. Sakurai is doing a great job so far on these 3rd party characters. Definately not some half-thought out publicity stunt. From the gameplay footage of Sonic, he looks like my favorite fighter yet!

Sumenora

Smash Apprentice
HAHAHAHAH wow SONIC IN BRAWL.....looks like i have a few Sonic noobs to break...:laugh: when this comes out....MARIO FTW!

oh and not trying to bash up the sonic fans out there.........i just always wanted to see who really is stronger! :) and i will prove it when it release!

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
I hope the realease date isn't march for us dudes in the UK. I want to play the Sonic awesomness. hopefully, it will be like Halo 3 and come with a global release date. but either way, I need to preorder my copy.

Zhilo

Smash Apprentice
Betcha he's ridiculously fast and has the longest jump, and that he plummets to his doom much faster than fox when off stage.

The Man Himself™

Smash Rookie
He's definitely gonna be the fastest. I mean....it just wouldnt make sense if he wasnt

And he actually looks kinda light. Definitely not a fast faller

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I say Fox. If anything sonic should have a slow acceleration.
<_< I guess everyone is entitle to their own decision, but, I mean, sonic is RENOWNED for his speed. fox is not so much as for his piloting skills.

As for B attacks.... I don't really remember one.

I would have sworn that spin dash would be down+B, but it appears, instead, that that is just has Dash+A... though perhaps some variation of it is still his down+B..

... only moves I saw for sure were some of his aerials and his final smash... since they showed us his smash already, it should soon be part of an upcoming update.

He's definitely gonna be the fastest. I mean....it just wouldnt make sense if he wasnt

And he actually looks kinda light. Definitely not a fast faller
yeah... but his dair (a flying death kick) appears to get him down pretty quickly and safely, if at a bit of an angle

Hanniah

Smash Cadet
Well there has to be balance. Perhaps he will have a sub par recovery?
Interesting thought. I think he's going to have a phantasm-like recovery, just rolling straight towards to egde. On the other hand, he might as well have got a Ring Dash (dunno the exact term; just B in SA2 when standing in front of a string of rings), which is the most likely answer.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
As for B attacks.... I don't really remember one.

I would have sworn that spin dash would be down+B, but it appears, instead, that that is just has Dash+A... though perhaps some variation of it is still his down+B..

... only moves I saw for sure were some of his aerials and his final smash... since they showed us his smash already, it should soon be part of an upcoming update.
nevermind... it looks like down b or forward b IS a spin dash.... hard to tell whether or not the spring is his Up b... or if it's an item... or if it's part of a sonic stage

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
i wonder whos going to get the last spot megaman or geno????

btw when is sonicmario going to finish his sonic in brawl story?
Why not both? Geno is a Mario rep, so he would have the mushroom icon...however, Megaman would have his own icon...leaving Geno as a Mario rep and not truly a 3rd party rep...

Garuda

Smash Ace
Wait a minute... is that Captain Falcon on Shadow Moses in the Sonic trailer?

Amaggad

Smash Apprentice
YES SONIC IS IN ! yes yes omg yes yes omg yes yes omg yes yes omg yes yes omg yes yes omg yes yes omg yes yes omg yes yes omg yes yes omg yes yes omg yes yes omg yes yes omg yes yes omg yes yes omg yes yes omg yes yes omg yes yes omg yes yes omg yes yes omg yes yes omg yes yes omg yes yes omg yes yes omg yes yes omg yes yes omg yes yes omg yes yes omg yes yes omg yes yes omg yes yes omg yes yes omg yes yes omg yes yes omg yes yes omg yes yes omg

YES !

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
i thinks its snake...but on the other video towards the end...are they going to bring back intros from ssb64and an all new team intro???
Only if Snake does Link's spinning attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom