• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andromeda

Smash Lord
Well, now I don't have to worry about which character I will main in Brawl any more. Sonic is by far the coolest Hedgehog on the planet. But we already knew that. :p And he seems to be just my style too.

LuLLo

Smash Ace
Sonic rocks...I'm glad they didn't gave him cheesy attacks like Flaming Punches or Electric Dashes and stuff...just good old melee attacks and his Spinball, which seems to have alot of uses...
T'is a great day indeed...

Hanniah

Smash Cadet
I think Sonic is going to be one of TEH_CHARACTERs to play in SSBB. He seems (most likely is) fast, and his aerials on the vid Big N released just look awesome.

He's gonna be like pikachu in SSB, but more stylish :laugh:

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Move speculation (here's movie to show evidence as well)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpTl...Range?topicID=1869.topic&start=1001&stop=1010

Standard A button combo: The part where Sonic does two punches and a kick at Mario
B: Sonic using spindash to bowl Mario, Kirby, and Bowser over
Up B: Sonic uses the spring as a recovery move
Down grab: The one where Sonic grabs DK and spindash over him
Ariel Up A: Sonic's drill kick at 0:27 of trailer
Ariel Down A: Sonic's kicking downward at 0:31. Possible meteor smash
Down Smash: Sonic breakdances and knocks Bowser and Wario away at 0:34

ꓰspeon

Sun Pokemon
LOL the sonic confirmation came shortly followed by the thread signing over 9000 posts.
It's a sign guys.
Anyway, it's what everyone hoped for. Let's just abandon ourselves to multiple orgasms now.

Fyre

Smash Apprentice
Oct. 10th...I've been waitin for this day.
Sonic for top tier ^_^ lol

and im hoping that down aerial isnt a meteor smash, just a regular spike

Izaw

Smash Ace
O MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD I FLIPPED OUT WHEN I SAW THIS OMG; IM STILL SCREAMING, OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xOxOxOxO /DANCE YEAH! BRAWL IS THE BEST GAME EVER NOW!

Garuda

Smash Ace
The guy was right... I was excited all night... BUT BRAWL IS PUSHED BACK?!?!?!?! NOOOOOOOOOOO

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Standard A button combo: The part where Sonic does two punches and a kick at Mario
B: Sonic using spindash to bowl Mario, Kirby, and Bowser over
Up B: Sonic uses the spring as a recovery move
Down grab: The one where Sonic grabs DK and spindash over him
Ariel Up A: Sonic's drill kick at 0:27 of trailer
Ariel Down A: Sonic's kicking downward at 0:31. Possible meteor smash
Down Smash: Sonic breakdances and knocks Bowser and Wario away at 0:34
Agreed on all parts, EXCEPT for your speculation on Sonic's dAir. It stops Sonic in mid-air, standard attacks don't normally do that. It looks like it would be his dB, but that would suck because if Sonic's dB wasn't spin-attack then it just wouldn't feel right.

Everything else is on par, though.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I woke up this morning and said to myself: "Ha! I wonder if Nya and BlueWave were lying?"
So I walked over to my computer, went to the Dojo, selected US, saw "Warning! Challenger Approaching!", and went: "... there's no way."

Then I pissed myself in joy.

$20 says that the first special move updates for Sonic will be his uB and dB. (Spring and Spin-Attack[?])

APImagine

Smash Apprentice
That's really freaking cool! This is definitely a character I'm gonna try out when the game arrives!

dk64

Smash Cadet
i got an idea?

I alway's pictured sonic as, say, a friday update. but anywho... i was thinking, you know how it says chalanger approching? Well does it do that 4 every character? cause i know i saw that for atleast one other. (i think lucas) well, I was thinking, if it only does that when they announce sellect characters than maybe those select characters are the ones u get bye unlocking, and the ones w/o the banner infront of there announcment r the starters. wut do u think?:confused:

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Change topic title to "Sonic's Confirmed: Sonic haters, suck it."

Seriously they should suck it. lol

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
Sonic being confirmed and playable in Brawl is just made of pure awesome. <3 I'm definitely trying him out once the game comes out; I've loved him since the days of the Sega Genesis. <3

*gives everyone Sonic cookies*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom