• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lishy

Smash Journeyman
Whcih is why he should be in brawl!!!

I still love sonic games but maybe if nintendo joined sega they can actually improve the sonic handheld searies!

btw sonic advance 1 2 3 was on gba and rush was on ds.also sonic wildfire is for the wii

if sonic team joined nintendo then they can make the best sonic hand held I ever will play on the ds.there wont be "just" 7 zones anymore and we might be able to freely become super sonic is we have all 7 emeralds.they made new super mario bros so good and beter then games these day they can do the same for sonic and get rid of the lack of levels =P

Renth

Smash Hero
Lishy said:
Whcih is why he should be in brawl!!!

I still love sonic games but maybe if nintendo joined sega they can actually improve the sonic handheld searies!

btw sonic advance 1 2 3 was on gba and rush was on ds.also sonic wildfire is for the wii

if sonic team joined nintendo then they can make the best sonic hand held I ever will play on the ds.there wont be "just" 7 zones anymore and we might be able to freely become super sonic is we have all 7 emeralds.they made new super mario bros so good and beter then games these day they can do the same for sonic and get rid of the lack of levels =P
well if that happens then sure he would have a better chance or even be considered but as of now it's highly unlikely if we were to see him in brawl it'd be a poor attempt to give him attention

Lishy

Smash Journeyman
ur just on the wrong furom bud i see ALOT of sonic fans,their games are still as new as super mario bros for nes.

Zeeb

Smash Cadet
Signed fo sho... let's go sonic!
I'm also gonna add this to my sig if thats alright with whoever made it... I figure the more it gets spread the better.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Renth said:
I believe we can all agree Sega is pretty well dead but i disagree he's been on more than just Nintendo systems the past 3 - 5 games with Sonic in it have been on all 3 systems Sonic Adventure 2 Battle Xbox, GC, and PS2. Sonic DX Xbox, GC, and PS2, and more recently Shadow the Hedgehog Xbox, GC, and PS2.

So i believe that he doesn't have much of a running chance to be part of brawl granted he's been showing his face around Nintendo lately he's also in the same sense been on every other system at the same time. Sonics popularity is fading away more and more each game that comes out i believe is more of a redemption at an attempt to regain some kind of hope to revive the slowly dying hedgehog series.

There are very few Sonic fans left and as time goes on Sega will be a mere memory and Sonic lost in the past.
SA2B and SADX were both Gamecube exsclusives (If you don't count the PC port of DX). But Heroes, Shadow, and Mega Collection were multiplatform. Gems collection was an exslusive though.

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
Pention signed! Sonic would be great for brawl. I can't wait to tear up the competition while moving at the speed of sound... or well, as fast as he's alowd to go anyway ^^ Don't know if this has bin brought up but, I asume he would be unlocked but using Mario and beating one of the game modes very quickly, then Mario is confronted by the Blue Hedgehog who says, "Bout time you showed up, I've heard some good things about you but it sure wasn't yer speed. LETS GO!" Sonic is the man.

Chickenboy666

Smash Ace
Wolfblade said:
Pention signed! Sonic would be great for brawl. I can't wait to tear up the competition while moving at the speed of sound... or well, as fast as he's alowd to go anyway ^^ Don't know if this has bin brought up but, I asume he would be unlocked but using Mario and beating one of the game modes very quickly, then Mario is confronted by the Blue Hedgehog who says, "Bout time you showed up, I've heard some good things about you but it sure wasn't yer speed. LETS GO!" Sonic is the man.
You lie, Sonic isn't the man, Sonic is the Hedgehog: Sonic the Hedgehog... he he he, just kidding :laugh:
I'd like to see the Mario vs Sonic battle in a game mode, too

the_yellow_blaze_TSG

Smash Rookie
NOOO please sonic NO he dont have charisma he is only a cheap character whaterver billy hatcher (who was Gamecube exclusive character) is a better option for a third party(sega)

Zeeb

Smash Cadet
the_yellow_blaze_TSG said:
NOOO please sonic NO he dont have charisma he is only a cheap character whaterver billy hatcher (who was Gamecube exclusive character) is a better option for a third party(sega)
Whoever this billy hatcher character obviously doesn't have the same kind of history that sonic does in the video game universe ,as Sonic goes way back to the 16-bit days and definetly deserves a spot on the roster as much as any other classic video game hero. I feel one of the general components of SSB is to celebrate the history of video games (among other things...) by bringing heroes from all sorts of games and genres together, and Nintendo could acheive a lifelong dream of many videogamers by having sonic and mario in teh same game together.

Btw... your argument has no basis... Sonic is "cheap"? How so? Support yourself...

primusfan

Smash Ace
the_yellow_blaze_TSG said:
You're in the wrong thread.

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
Zeeb said:
Whoever this billy hatcher character obviously doesn't have the same kind of history that sonic does in the video game universe ,as Sonic goes way back to the 16-bit days and definetly deserves a spot on the roster as much as any other classic video game hero. I feel one of the general components of SSB is to celebrate the history of video games (among other things...) by bringing heroes from all sorts of games and genres together, and Nintendo could acheive a lifelong dream of many videogamers by having sonic and mario in teh same game together.

Btw... your argument has no basis... Sonic is "cheap"? How so? Support yourself...
*Aplause* Well put. Billy Hatcher didn't really do anything, but Sonic is Mario's biggest rival ever. Its a shame they haven't duked it out yet... well not officially (ignoring Sonic vs Mario vids on ebaums world and whatnot)

Zeeb

Smash Cadet
What if along with Sonic they included a Chaos Emerald Item that made whoever grabbed it into "Super Sonic" or "Super Captain Falcon", but it was that same animation from Sonic 3 (I think...) where the character jumps in the air and becomes Gold / Fast / Pwns everything.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Not...really. And only all 7 Chaos Emeralds created a super form for the one using them.

Being in Super Form allows one to not just be -technically- invincible, but it allows them to use Chaos abilities as well as fly and move faster than they can ever normally achieve.

As for technically, they have a limit. Simply put, their damage(in this case) would go down until 0%, ending the Super Form. This alone is the only reason to not include the Super Form in Brawl...too confusing.

primusfan

Smash Ace
Well, if every character has a special move, I guess his could be to transform into Super Sonic for about a minute and then go back to normal.

Zeeb

Smash Cadet
^Agreed. Sonic>Shadow for SSBB for a number of reasons:
1. More History
2. Mario's Rival
3. Sonic was in Sonic 2 (a.k.a. best game on genesis)
4. I can't come up with anything else...

I guess Sonic just makes alot more sense in my mind.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
How about this?
1. Star of the franchise.

That's all, Shadow only had one game, while Sonic has appeared in at least 20.

Redhairedpenguin12

Smash Apprentice
The problem with Shadow in brawl is they might try to give him guns, and I just hate Shadow becuase he uses guns instead of just fighting skills. If he really was the Ultimate Hedgehog then he wouldn't need guns.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Redhairedpenguin12 said:
The problem with Shadow in brawl is they might try to give him guns, and I just hate Shadow becuase he uses guns instead of just fighting skills. If he really was the Ultimate Hedgehog then he wouldn't need guns.
Guns are more fun that's why less effort to use too I suppose.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
I like the sonic games but I dont really want any Sonic characters in brawl. If any of them were in brawl I prefer Shadow also, or Knuckles.

primusfan

Smash Ace
It's not even the guns. If Shadow was in, I can't see him not being a clone of Sonic. The only thing different in Shadow's moveset is the chaos control.

^^^^oh, by the way, there's no chance of Knuckles or Shadow getting in without Sonic.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
They could make him different if they wanted to if only slightly because the fact he does use guns and the could change some other moves if only slightly like they did with Luigi.

Redhairedpenguin12

Smash Apprentice
As long as his guns weren't a main part of his attacks he could be ok, but I'd rather see Sonic and Knuckles instead of Shadow and Sonic.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Shadow will not ever be in Brawl. End the discussion! It won't happen. Only Sonic will be in Brawl. Even IF there was another Sonic character, it'd be Tails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom