• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Man I still love this part: (I don't remember what they say exactly, so I'll guess)

"It's not a key it's a sword"
"No it's a key it unlocked the thing (I really don't remember)"
"No it's a sword, but in certain specific situations, it acts like a key."
"Or maybe it's a key all the time, and when you stick it in someone, it unlocks their death."

Probably literally the funniest thing I ever heard. Then there's the whole thing about time travel, past present future, and facing forward.
Oh man that is golden.. I love it!

And... Sonic for Brawl!

Man.. How long will this take.. Will it go by in a breeze or will it take forever.. I guess we can only find out by waiting :p

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
-And the sword turned out to be a Key.
-Yea, a Key that can still stab people.
-Right.
-So it's a Sword that just happens to function as a Key in very specific situations.
-Or-- it's a Key all the time, and when you stick it in people, it unlocks their death.

-Time"line"? Ugh...Time is not made out of lines-- it is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round!

Sonic 4 Brawl.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Man, haven't been here since 200th page. I haven't posted anything due to my new game for my Wii. Sorry to get off topic, but i have been playing Mario Strikers Charged, It is a great, yet the most violent official Mario game you can play!

And how come the update is taking EVEN LONGER then 2 nights ago!

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
Man, haven't been here since 200th page. I haven't posted anything due to my new game for my Wii. Sorry to get off topic, but i have been playing Mario Strikers Charged, It is a great, yet the most violent official Mario game you can play!

And how come the update is taking EVEN LONGER then 2 nights ago!
true. the updates usually come daily then they eventually skip 3 days rite?

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
Well Ike's in the roster now, Freakin Sweet. It's gonna be so cool having all these highly popular characters in one game. Talking Snake, Sonic, Mario, biggest names in mascot history all in one game. Just cool thinking about it. SiD again with the one liners...... hilarious.

Sonic 4 Brawl!

Cenedar

Smash Ace
If Ike replaces Marth, alot of people here are gonna be pissed. I personally won't seeing as I was neutral about Marth to begin with.

Sonic for Brawl.

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
Ike is a cool character. if the soul calibur franchise didn't pick Link as the nintendo exclusive, I bet you that they would have picked him.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
-And the sword turned out to be a Key.
-Yea, a Key that can still stab people.
-Right.
-So it's a Sword that just happens to function as a Key in very specific situations.
-Or-- it's a Key all the time, and when you stick it in people, it unlocks their death.

-Time"line"? Ugh...Time is not made out of lines-- it is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round!

Sonic 4 Brawl.
That part is INDEED golden.

OH, and Sonic 4 Brawl.

Del Money

Smash Champion
The site updates every Monday-Friday, and Sakurai doesn't update on either Saturday or Sunday. So it skips two days.

Ike looks awesome. I'll have to give him a try.

Sonic for Brawl.
finally Cenedar shows up

Maybe this means they're replacing Marth / Roy....?
or maybe the FE series is getting more reps. ya never know

anyway screw FE...Sonic 4 Brawl

Del Money

Smash Champion
Somehow it makes me more confident in Sonic 4 Brawl.

Somehow...
i agree. it rules out the newcomers been saved for the end. now we just need to find a way to rule out 3rd being revealed at th end...although honestly i think theyll reveal nintendo characters only first.

SuperAce

Smash Journeyman
Sonic would have to be a surprise. It would ruin the suspense if he was announced straight up. Or at least on the site. It would have to be at an event or something.
Side note: Does anyone know anything about Sonic getting liscensed yet?

Sonic 4 Brawl, Keep Sonic Out, Don't drag me in either way.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Side note: Does anyone know anything about Sonic getting liscensed yet?
well youre the "super ace". so you should know this ****. but in all seriousness, i dont think the cloak of secrecy surrounding the hedgehog is coming off

Del Money

Smash Champion
Come on, come on, love me for Del money
Come on, come on, listen to the Del Money talk
SiD, has your estrogen level increased in the last 3 days or something? seriously wtf? lol

hoping for a Green Hill Zone stage update tonight

Sonic 4 Brawl

SiD

Smash Master
Money Talks?? ACDC????

It'll probably be something Fire Emblem related tonight. But maybe Sonic's turn is next week? Everyone pray to me.

Pit 42

Smash Lord
Is anyone worried that maybe Nintendo didn't get permission to use Sonic in Brawl and now Nintendo is making Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games to make up for it? Just a thought...

Joe Soup

Smash Ace
Mastering the mysterious art of Quantum Edge Physi
Has the sickening delay on "early today's" update been explained yet?

And if they put Sonic in, I think they shouldn't announce him at all...save him to be unlocked.

Then we can all be like ZOMG!! IT'S ****ING SONIC IN ZE SMAHS BROS!! LOLOLOLZ.

IMO, I would have rather just waited 'till the game came out to see all the characters....ruins the surprise, the site does.

But oh well.

Sonic 4 Brawl.

Del Money

Smash Champion
hopefully itll be sonics turn next week. i mean, Sakurai was playing with our heads giving us not too exciting updates, then Ike turns up n evryones like "omfg!!! its Ike!!!". Sakurai might do that again. u nvr know
if Sonic wasnt 3rd party

Is anyone worried that maybe Nintendo didn't get permission to use Sonic in Brawl and now Nintendo is making Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games to make up for it? Just a thought...
a thought that no one else shared because...
Sega is making Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
Sonic can still be in Smash, I mean what if SEGA is going all out with Mario and Sonic, so Brawl is still a choice. SEGA puts Sonic on everything, I mean everything........ He has his own shoes, sports drinks, and spaghettios. Besides SEGA would be making a HUGE mistake if Sonic isn't in Brawl, I'm talking hate mail from fans, some people have talked about never buying another Sonic game if he's not in. Well Mario was given to SEGA to make Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games, so why can't SEGA give Sonic to smash. I'm sure an agreement will be made, but heads are gonna roll if SEGA says no. Anyways I don't wanna see Snake be the only one of third parties.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Sonic can still be in Smash, I mean what if SEGA is going all out with Mario and Sonic, so Brawl is still a choice. SEGA puts Sonic on everything, I mean everything........ He has his own shoes, sports drinks, and spaghettios. Besides SEGA would be making a HUGE mistake if Sonic isn't in Brawl, I'm talking hate mail from fans, some people have talked about never buying another Sonic game if he's not in. Well Mario was given to SEGA to make Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games, so why can't SEGA give Sonic to smash. I'm sure an agreement will be made, but heads are gonna roll if SEGA says no. Anyways I don't wanna see Snake be the only one of third parties.
lol i remeber them spaghettios. but yeah ill be POed if Snake is the only 3rd party. i doubt it though. AT LEAST one out of Sonic, Megaman, Bomberman should be in the game. but when push comes to shove, it better be the hedgehog or else "push" will come to "shoving Sakurai out the top floor window of headquarters"

Joe Soup

Smash Ace
but when push comes to shove, it better be the hedgehog or else "push" will come to "shoving Sakurai out the top floor window of headquarters"
LMAO...that's hilarous.

Poor Sakurai. So much expectations.

Yeah, though, I have my mind set now that this is how the 3rd party lineup goes:

1. Sonic
2. Megaman
3. Bomberman
4. Cloud Strife, Simon Belmont (:urg: ew!), etc.

Del Money

Smash Champion
SIMON BELMONT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

no but seriously, Cloud Strife is a lot lower than that. remember hes been in almost as few games as Geno. its fanboyism thats backing him (besides that fact that Cloud pwnz)

but no if there can only be one 3rd party besides Snake...it best be the hedgehog (the blue hedgehog, SiD)

Garuda

Smash Ace
Yes... like I proposed earlier, we let Sega know that we're angry.

Now, this is extremely unlikely, but it's a thought, knowing the gaming industry. You know how Laurent Fischer said "that's not on the cards at the moment"? Like I said, it's VERY unlikely IMHO, but what if he meant that DISCUSSING in the INTERVIEW about Sonic in Brawl was not on the cards at the moment?

To be perfectly honest, I think Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games is the real game for the two personally. But I think Sonic just plain fits in Brawl, not just because of fighting Mario.

Garuda

Smash Ace
Or the Nuts-to-your-fist style, which is impressive on another planet? Come on, SOMEONE must know what I'm talking about.

Joe Soup

Smash Ace
(the blue hedgehog, SiD)
LMAO...that was great. Someone should do a newcomer pic of that.

Or the Nuts-to-your-fist style, which is impressive on another planet? Come on, SOMEONE must know what I'm talking about.
"....which might be impressive on some other planet."

Or something to that effect.

Kung-Pow: Enter the Fist FTMFW!

"Yes...right into my trap!"

*BETTY THROWS METAL CLAW*

"AAAHHH!"

*DEFLATES*

ROFLMAO. Classic.

Garuda

Smash Ace
Ugh... I say we e-mail the Sega website personally and have them send it straight to Sega themselves. Not as a threat, but to express how we feel it's important that Sonic is in Brawl, but insist that we don't get a reply, just let them know why we truly believe he belongs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom