• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garuda

Smash Ace
It's when I brought up my sudden skepticism after that quote "not on the cards" and now everyone is feeling similar. I feel REALLY bad.

Ianthraxx

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, woah. Everyone needs to calm down a little.

Nobody knows if Sonic will be in or not, none of us, anyways. If he is, it'll be a massive shocker and a huge trump card for Smash Bros. Brawl. They aren't just going to tell us something like that. Not right now, maybe not even before Brawl is released. They're going to save it until the sweet savoury end.

"Not on the cards" is not the same as "not in the cards". All the interviewee was saying is that "we're not talking about Brawl right now, please talk to me about OUR game".

In essence, the best we can do is sit on our butts and hope. We want Sonic in Brawl and Nintendo knows it - they'll do their best. But we won't be finding out for a long time.

SiD

Smash Master
Yeah, woah. Everyone needs to calm down a little.

Nobody knows if Sonic will be in or not, none of us, anyways. If he is, it'll be a massive shocker and a huge trump card for Smash Bros. Brawl. They aren't just going to tell us something like that. Not right now, maybe not even before Brawl is released. They're going to save it until the sweet savoury end.

"Not on the cards" is not the same as "not in the cards". All the interviewee was saying is that "we're not talking about Brawl right now, please talk to me about OUR game".

In essence, the best we can do is sit on our butts and hope. We want Sonic in Brawl and Nintendo knows it - they'll do their best. But we won't be finding out for a long time.
QFT

I'm excited, this is the first time I got to use qft, hehehe!:chuckle:

SonicMario

Smash Master
More likely they'll say "the only reason fans want Sonic in is so he and Mario can settle their former rivalry... we're already providing that with Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games".

And that would piss me off. Ever since when have Sega actually cared or even noticed what their fans wanted? I, for one, don't care about the whole Mario vs. Sonic thing. It was just a fun little time. If anything, I've dreamed of them teaming up.
I'd rather have them team up as well. Imagine Mario's fire ability backing Sonic's speed! That would make a ****in good team. If Sonic is in, after i still watch Sonic Vs. Mario on level 9, on a flat place and no items. I will watch what Sonic & Mario can do as a team!.

Come on, you guys. All's not lost.

If anything, Mario + Sonic Olympics is a sign that 'Tendo and SEGA are friends again.
Joe's right. Can we stop all the depressing posts and go back to our supporting and talking about the Sonic games to get our minds off of the chance Sonic being in or not in Brawl. Besides the game won't come out for another 4 months. So how about you just look back at all the good times you had with Sonic games and the excitement of playing as Super Sonic in a level. Or whatever other good experiences you had in TV, Comics, etc. So everybody just relax, and enjoy 4 months of hope.
(Well aint i a Sonic Dr. Phil:dizzy:)

And by the way about the Youtube videos of Mario beating up Sonic. Sonic fans can retaliate and do videos of Sonic beating up Mario and even other Mario characters. (someone could do a video about Sonic beating up Mario, Luigi, and Yoshi). Not that i would care, i'm a fan of both franchises as you can see by my username & sig below the sentence.

IcyDrifter

Smash Apprentice
I am a HUGE sonic fan! If he was in Brawl... I think he might be though. If you go to Brawl's official site, they show you a list of 13 characters. These characters are the ones you start the game with. Why this is significant is because they do not include two characters who were displayed in the Brawl advertisement videos: Meta Knight and Solid Snake. Who knows, maybe they're hiding Sonic up thier sleeve...

IcyDrifter

Smash Apprentice
And by the way about the Youtube videos of Mario beating up Sonic. Sonic fans can retaliate and do videos of Sonic beating up Mario and even other Mario characters. (someone could do a video about Sonic beating up Mario, Luigi, and Yoshi). Not that i would care, i'm a fan of both franchises as you can see by my username & sig below the sentence.
GOOD IDEA! When I get Adobe Flash CS3, I'll consider it! :laugh:

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
Just saying if Sonic isn't in Brawl I gotta hear the reason SEGA would have said no. I'm not gonna get too hyped though, I don't wanna get extremely disappointed if the worse happens, but I'm not giving up on Sonic.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I am a HUGE sonic fan! If he was in Brawl... I think he might be though. If you go to Brawl's official site, they show you a list of 13 characters. These characters are the ones you start the game with. Why this is significant is because they do not include two characters who were displayed in the Brawl advertisement videos: Meta Knight and Solid Snake. Who knows, maybe they're hiding Sonic up thier sleeve...
A list of 14?

What about Pit and Wario?

And Ike is what you start off with too?

I don't quite understand.. I still hope Sonic is in the game. Not a real fan but I hope and expect him to be in.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
Sega has no reason for not putting Sonic in,so I'll be surprised at what they say if he's not in.

@Onyx: Wasn't there some guy who saw you post in his thread and said "WOW,ONYX POSTED IN MY THREAD!" Just sort of funny.:laugh:

Del Money

Smash Champion
How do u put those banners and words under everything you say?
its called signature, you nincompoop
Can we stop all the depressing posts and go back to our supporting and talking about the Sonic games to get our minds off of the chance Sonic being in or not in Brawl.
yeah, lets see you have that attitude when he confirmed
Just saying if Sonic isn't in Brawl I gotta hear the reason SEGA would have said no.
and would prefer that reason to be sooner rather than when i open the ****ing game and unlock everything

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Alt costumes, one should be Shadow's colors, and the others just different colors like green.
Yup, though actually having Shadow's character model take a costume spot would be even better, I think. And yeah, I guess all the other would just be funny colors.

For his taunt, I keep picturing him doing kind of a split with his legs, but balancing on one heel and his big toe, and and then pointing ahead of him (think end-of-level-pose for those who have played Sonic Heroes. It might be the same in SA2 with the goal ring too, I haven't played in in a while). And probably saying something witty and cutting.

As for winning poses, I'm thinking a "thumbs up" needs to be involved in some way. Other than that, he's all good.

IcyDrifter

Smash Apprentice
Dude, its simple

Yeah really--quit spamming. And you're point doesn't even make sense.

Sonic 4 Brawl.
My point is that Nintendo DID NOT include EVERY CHARACTER on the CHARACTER SECTION of the OFFICIAL WEB SITE. So therefore, SONIC can possibly be an UNLOCKABLE CHARACTER, but NINTENDO is hiding him for now.

BTW, Spam is saying the same thing over and over for no reason. I don't spam. I'm trying to give hope to some of us who wish for Sonic to be in the game. That is all.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the alternate colors:
I vote a Shadow one, Super Sonic, a Purple one (See: Sonic and the Secret Rings) and team colors.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Sega has no reason for not putting Sonic in,so I'll be surprised at what they say if he's not in.

@Onyx: Wasn't there some guy who saw you post in his thread and said "WOW,ONYX POSTED IN MY THREAD!" Just sort of funny.:laugh:
I really can't read Sega's intentions. All their games are just... like no real pattern to it... Though I do want to see Sonic.. Its really hard to tell anymore..

And yes.. Someone did do that.. I don't understand why though.

kaid

Smash Master
Blue Team: Regular Sonic
Red Team: Shadow coloration, fluffy chest fur like shadow.
Green Team: green sonic recolor (Someone said there was an evil green hedgehog in Mobius?)
Other colors: Pink with a dress and a bow (amy), Golden yellow (super form)

Ianthraxx

Smash Apprentice
He should definately do the finger-wag or the foot-tap that USED to be his signatures, back in the old 2D days of quality Sonic games. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom