• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
Yeah, they did last night on the Smashbros.com thread until the update went up, so we should stay on topic for at least 2/3 of the time so we can stay in business.

What should Sonic's alternate colors be? I think one should be Shadow's colors, but what about other ones?
Shadows colors, Scorge the Hedgehog colors (off sonic the comic), Super Sonic colors, and maybe burgundy for kicks.

Dr.Feelgood

Smash Apprentice
I thought we all agreed that Super Sonic would be his FS?
i like this idea alot.

just imagin, sonic grabs the smash icon, and turns super sonic, and then is like surrounded in this like,, blue spheric thing, and flys all over the place destroying everything in his path.

Team Giza

Smash Lord
*Gonna edit the movelist from this post* They should base his moves from Sonic Battle from the GBA!
Well... yeah take some stuff from that but lets keep some stuff from normal Sonic games and Sonic the Fighters -which I will refer to as StF- as well.
(changes in blue)
Ground
Neutral A=Basic One-Two punch with a standing kick
Up-tilt=swipes upwards with both hands quickly (from StF, its sonic's crounching-forward punch)
Foward-Tilt=His trade-mark front flip kick
Down-tilt=Similar to Fox's down tilt though swipes with his leg (this can be seen in StF with crounching-back kick)

Up Smash=A backflip much like Fox's
Forward Smash=Strong kick from StF (which in the game was his K+B)
Down Smash=Sonic spins while kicking both feet and balancing on one hand.

Dash=A spin kick (see Sonic Battle)

Air
Neutral=Sonic's aerial from StF (which is much like Fox's fair, though Sonic's would have much better priority compared to Fox's fair)
Fair=Sonic Eagle Spike much like Mario/Doc's but with his foot and without expansion.
Bair=A back kick similar to Fox/Falco's
Uair=An attck much like Jiggly's. Just an open palm.
Dair=Like C.Falcon's/Ganondorf's. but bounces off the opponent (like Link's dair)

Specials
B=Sonic's Mine (once again, see Sonic Battle for GBA)
Down B=His trademark Spindash (I moved this here cause it felt more classic)... in air, it would perform a bounce attack
Up B=A rising Spindash that resmbles Samus's up B
Forward B=Emerald Dive (from StF), Sonic shoots forward while spinning in the air, would work like a mix between Falcon Kick and Fox's illusion

Traits
Sonic should have normal-fall rate with a fast fast-fall with a medium jump and High Speed attacks. Low damage on most moves, and decent priority.

Team Giza

Smash Lord
His idea for the neutral combo is taken straight from Sonic Battle, just to let you know. It would be cool if Sonic was based off the 2 fighting games he has already been in when he appeared in Brawl. =/ But I probably only think that cause, unlike the majority of you, I play Sonic the Fighters a lot, and have even played Sonic Battle fairly seriously against players.

Del Money

Smash Champion
The 3D Sonic games are mockeries of the character.
thats where youre wrong. 3D games can work for any platforming style game or any game with the physics like one. just cuz Sega has glitches in there games doesnt mean Sonic cant work in 3D. go play Sonic R and then go youtube search "Sonic GL" and then tell me i dont know what im talking about
Well just because you don't like them doesn't mean you should go around telling those of us that do that they aren't worth the time. I'm not trying to claim that 3D sonic is better than 2D, but i personally do enjoy them more, and most people on this board at least liked the SA games, so let them play what they want to play and form their own opinions.
exactly
What should Sonic's alternate colors be? I think one should be Shadow's colors, but what about other ones?
it all depends if its just color changes or outfit changes as well...but Shaodw should be a definite
Specials
B=Blue Shockwave that ends up in the air to repeat the process.
Smash B
On Ground=His trademark Spindash
In air=Bouncing Spindash
Down B=Sonic's Mine (once again, see Sonic Battle for GBA)
Up B=A rising Spindash that resmbles Samus's up B
damm you for taking the 3000th post lol. anyways there are so many things wrong with that B moveset...primarily all of it
Shadows colors, Scorge the Hedgehog colors (off sonic the comic), Super Sonic colors, and maybe burgundy for kicks.
i dunno know about Super Sonic...and i doubt theyll put a reference to Scourge (a.k.a emerald green evil sonic from the archie comics). i dunno, we'll see.
His idea for the neutral combo is taken straight from Sonic Battle, just to let you know. It would be cool if Sonic was based off the 2 fighting games he has already been in when he appeared in Brawl. =/ But I probably only think that cause, unlike the majority of you, I play Sonic the Fighters a lot, and have even played Sonic Battle fairly seriously against players.
ok so Sonic Battle may have some good attacks and you can based plenty/most of the moveset on it but definitely not all...especially when smash bros physics and gameplay-style is far from that of Sonic Battle

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
if sonic does make it in, then is final smash will most likley be Super Sonic, and it may work with the same properties as Giga bowser, in the way that the move set isn't changed, Sonic's attack power goes up and, you guessed it, he would be invicible for a short period of time.

as for his B moveset, I would think at least one of them would be his spin dash, and his up B being something like Sonic Wind from SA2. other than that, as he is primarily a melee character, it's hard to think of something different if it isn't another variation of the spin dash.

as a character himself, he is obviously going to be very fast, and I would guess his recovery time would be pretty swift too, this would add alot of power to his dash attacks, and his smash attacks wouldn't be half bad either. however, as he is fast, he must be very very light. so, he would be easier to throw around. this would probably put him in the lower half of the middle tier, but that's just my opinion. even though a few of his attacks are strong, he would have a bit of trouble lifting heavy objects. so, his mobility with crates would be next to no movement at all.

anyway, that's what i think, I may be wrong, but I don't really care :)

Del Money

Smash Champion
as for his B moveset, I would think at least one of them would be his spin dash, and his up B being something like Sonic Wind from SA2. other than that, as he is primarily a melee character, it's hard to think of something different if it isn't another variation of the spin dash.
i wouldve said spin dash for holding B, somersault for forward+B (air dash if forward+B in the air), down+B could be the Sonic bounce but id prefer something better...maybe Sonic wind who knows, and up+B could be a vertical spindash (capable of riding up walls) or perhaps the Sonic tornado from Sonic Heroes
as a character himself, he is obviously going to be very fast, and I would guess his recovery time would be pretty swift too, this would add alot of power to his dash attacks, and his smash attacks wouldn't be half bad either. however, as he is fast, he must be very very light. so, he would be easier to throw around. this would probably put him in the lower half of the middle tier, but that's just my opinion. even though a few of his attacks are strong, he would have a bit of trouble lifting heavy objects. so, his mobility with crates would be next to no movement at all.
running-speed-wise i would say he should match capt. falcon for fastest. strength-wise, probably mario or a little weaker

Del Money

Smash Champion
Super (Saiyan) Sonic should be his Down-B. It charges like Wario Waft, longer you go without using it, the longer it would last. It would give him an attack power boost and a new Down-B while he is in Super (Saiyan) mode.
thats not a bad idea, minus the brokeness. making a virtually indestructable character playable without the need for a final smash seems a little much
teehee. Kinda broken really....
teehee. Kinda correct really...

Del Money

Smash Champion
I think the Spin Dash should be relegated to down-b. I mean, that's how it was it as done in all of the classic games, right?
you would think so. but down+B as a forward attack in smash bros doesnt seem to work (ignoring falcon/ganon when not-aerial). holding B would give a jigglypuff effect...forward+B would giving the yoshi effect (even though forward+B for spindash is a lame idea anyways).
It was just a dumb idea that I impulsively worked off of.
I do actually like Super (Saiyan) Sonic, and I hope if Sonic is in the game in some way, that he is associated with Super (Saiyan) Sonic in some way.
yeah and maybe he'll perform fusion with Super Shadow and ascend and...oh...heh heh sorry. but yeah Super Sonic should be incorporated in the game somehow and most likely as a final smash. i cant think of anything else that could possibly be a final smash (no one better say chaos control)

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
Chaos Control would be a cool fs.Super Sonic I would imagine either being like Pikachu's fs or you walk around and hit people or if anyone touches you they take damage.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
What Sonic game is chaos control from?
First appeared in Sonic Adventure 2. I'm sure it was in Shadow the Hedgehog (the game), though I never played it. I don't know if it was used in Sonic Heroes, and I'm positive it was in Sonic '06. Though, I didn't play that either.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
lol, Chaos Control could slow everyone elses but Sonic's movement.

See, this is why I can't keep up with you guys.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
chaos control was in shadow and sonic heros. i havent played the ones that came out for ps2 tho so i wouldnt know those games. for a final smash he could be in super sonic form and do some Link's triforce slash kind of thing then end with the chaos control. but thatd be crazy.
Sounds like too much for one FS.I say either one or the other,but it seems that either have an even chance.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I think Super Sonic has a much higher chance of being Sonic's Final Smash, if he's in. Super Sonic has been a part of Sonic's character for so long, and Chaos Control is still rather new. Plus, Chaos Control is much more Shadow's move than it is anyone else's.

Super Sonic FTW.

SuperAce

Smash Journeyman
Yo. Here's my Sonic Moveset. (Sorry, it's my pro fanboy trying to break out)
Sonic
B = Spindash
B ^ = Timestop/Chaos Control
B > = Lightdash
B v =Light Attack/ Homing Attack
Final Smash = Super Sonic

Secondly, is this the Pro-Sonic thread, The Anti-Sonic thread, or the all around Sonic Thread. I have gotten so lost trying to read through the 3 thousand replies.
Personally, I'm still nuetral.
Part of me says that Sonic's just gotten so gimicky in the last few years, and that Sega's just waiting for this sixteen year old that developed early to squeeze out the last of his usefulness and move on. So Sonic could potentially diminish the honor of becoming a Super Smash Brother.
But on the other hand, Sonic is an iconic figure. Granted, Sonic X and the Adventure Series, aren't great, but they aren't terrible either. Better than the LOZ cartoons from back in the 80s. And since he'll be in the olympics with Mario anyway, well it could be his time. (The whole reason anyone wants him in Smash is so those Mario vs. Sonic Flash Cartoons will have real meaning.)

Del Money

Smash Champion
What Sonic game is chaos control from?
chaos control is crap. it is an attack that Shadow is the master of. anyone can use it (well so far only Sonic and Shadow have used it in the console games). but Shadow is the master of it since he can use multiple variations of it. it was first introduced in SA2 but Shadow's addition variations are introduced in Shadow the Hedgehog
I think Super Sonic has a much higher chance of being Sonic's Final Smash, if he's in. Super Sonic has been a part of Sonic's character for so long, and Chaos Control is still rather new. Plus, Chaos Control is much more Shadow's move than it is anyone else's.
Super Sonic FTW.
hmmmagreed
Sonic
B = Spindash
B > = Lightdash
Final Smash = Super Sonic
light dash? thats interesting. and down+B for homing? give more detail on the direcion Sonic will attack in. oh and chaos control needs to be nixed.
Better than the LOZ cartoons from back in the 80s.
HAHAHAHAHA "COME ON PRINCESS...HOW ABOUT A KISS?" HAHAHAH but seriously, LOZ > Sonic X

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
chaos control is crap. it is an attack that Shadow is the master of. anyone can use it (well so far only Sonic and Shadow have used it in the console games). but Shadow is the master of it since he can use multiple variations of it. it was first introduced in SA2 but Shadow's addition variations are introduced in Shadow the Hedgehog

AND Sonic Battle...

Del Money

Smash Champion
AND Sonic Battle...
*sigh* you HAD to remind me...i need a GBA again. im hoping theyll just made a Gameboy Player for Wii since the GC one supposedly doesnt work. then ill be able to catch up on some handheld Sonic goodness...err...minus Sonic Advance 3

SuperAce

Smash Journeyman
Sonic
B = Spindash
B > = Lightdash
Final Smash = Super Sonic[/SONIC]light dash? thats interesting. and down+B for homing? give more detail on the direcion Sonic will attack in. oh and chaos control needs to be nixed.
HAHAHAHAHA "COME ON PRINCESS...HOW ABOUT A KISS?" HAHAHAH but seriously, LOZ > Sonic X
Fair enough. I say you'd initiate Homing Attacks with the Down B, then direct it with the control stick (Some what like Pikachu and Pichu's quick attack.) Spindash, well you know the drill. Lightdash could work several diffrent ways. And before CC, I was thinking Sonic Wind, or maybe that terrible air board from Sonic riders. I didn't wanna sell out with Secret Rings yet.

Super Sonic on Giga Bowser level? Could be pretty cool. What would happen if they did it at the same time though? :confused:

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
Fair enough. I say you'd initiate Homing Attacks with the Down B, then direct it with the control stick (Some what like Pikachu and Pichu's quick attack.) Spindash, well you know the drill. Lightdash could work several diffrent ways. And before CC, I was thinking Sonic Wind, or maybe that terrible air board from Sonic riders. I didn't wanna sell out with Secret Rings yet.

Super Sonic on Giga Bowser level? Could be pretty cool. What would happen if they did it at the same time though? :confused:
u cant do it at the same time...at least i thnk so. the smash ball can only be used once but im not really sure wut Sakurai means by it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom