• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Banned, lol....for doing just what you're implying.
HAHAHAHHAHAHa i know. and somehow Fawriel escaped that flamewar unbanned...can you say "favoritism"?
BTW, Money, I stumbled upon that petition in your sig, and thought it was a worthy cause, so I signed it. >_<

SEGA needs a turnaround--what better way than to make '06 for PC....AND stick the blue hedgehog in Nintendo's most lucrative series?

Sonic 4 PC+Brawl
nice. thanks man. Shadow the Hedgehog (despite everything wrong with it) is gonna be released for PC bythe Atari of Spain company. there was an article saying Sonic 06 would be released for PC on 8/24/07 (i day after my b-day w00t) by Atari (of Spain) games. but Sega denied any knowledge of that and plus Sonic 06 doesnt appear in Atari list to be release. my guess is that its a hoax which is why im still pursuing this petition and hoping itll bring about Sonic 06 for PC no matter how awful the game may actually be.

as for Sonic in brawl...we'll probably have to wait til november for a heads up on that one

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Joe Soup said:
SEGA needs a turnaround--what better way than to make '06 for PC
Make a new: Panzer Dragoon, Skies of Arcadia, Fighters Megamix, Samba de Amigo, Sonic Rush (okay, they're already on this one...), Typing of the Dead (this too!), Virtual On...

I could do this all day, really. Point is, Sonic 360 was crud wrapped in poop, and putting it on PC (thereby worsening the controls even further), definitely wouldn't help the company.

Joe Soup said:
....AND stick the blue hedgehog in Nintendo's most lucrative series?
Sonic for Brawl. Pokemon's Ninty's most productive series, though. Just a random fact.

Del Money

Smash Champion
@Chief Mendez
1. thats why you use a usb gamepad
2. Sonic 06 may have been awful, but if its cleaned up (debugged,de-glitced, fast load times) for a PC release...it might help Sega. is that likely? probably not but oh well. i still havent played it and i shouldnt have to buy a $400-500 console before i can try out 1 game

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Got Blood? said:
Chief, who are those girls in your sig? I've always wondered that...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Melancholy_of_Haruhi_Suzumiya_(anime)

It's God's gift to anime, what else can I say?

Del Money said:
@Chief Mendez
1. thats why you use a usb gamepad
2. Sonic 06 may have been awful, but if its cleaned up (debugged,de-glitced, fast load times) for a PC release...it might help Sega. is that likely? probably not but oh well. i still havent played it and i shouldnt have to buy a $400-500 console before i can try out 1 game
1. USB pads are much worse than the 360/PS3's pads.

2. No amount of debugging could salvage that mess. Seriously, the game blows. I've played it on several occasions, and the only reason it's worth your time is is you like hot hedgehog-on-human luvin'.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Yea...because we all know that no one ever buys anything for one specific item that pertains to it....
...(360 for Halo3)...
...(Crackdown for Halo3 demo)...
...(Wii for Brawl)...
...(DragonQuest8 for FF12 demo)...
...(The game with the Halo2 demo)...
...(GCN for Melee)...
See? No one ever does it, so companies don't do it. Obviously.

@Got Blood? I'm not sure who those girls are...but they look familiar...maybe it's just because all anime school girls look the exact same......hmm......gotta go!

Del Money

Smash Champion
You could just ask people if it's any good, or go to a friend's house and play it.
none of my friends play Sonic games. they all play stupidass racing games (which all look the smae anyways) and gawk at the cars theyll never get. and plus i asked people here. some people said they liked it....more said it was awful (keep in mind most of them arent even Sonic fans and only come to this thread to flame cuz they think we're diehard fanboys who cant listen to reason). gamepsot reviewed it as terrible but i dont trust gamespot cuz theyre a bunch of cocksmooches. so basically i prefer to try games on my own. i wouldve bought and actually enjoyed Shadow The Hedgehog is a had listened to smashboards forums

Chief Mendez

Smash Master

Del Money

Smash Champion
What about IGN's review?
point taken
And I'm sure you can find SOMEONE who has the game.
im sure i cant. the few people i know that have a 360 or PS3 are racing and FPS fanboys. same with PS2 and XBox users.
Especially if it came with any bonus material...maybe like the ones that never happen in my previous post?
m almost sure that game couldnt possibly come with bonus material that any are would want

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
Whatever happened to Tenchi anyway? They never play it anymore.

If you want to watch 'em nowadays, you have to downlo---er, I mean legally purchase the DVD box sets, hehe.

Tenchi was the only anime I've ever gotten into.One guy,six gals,what's not to love? Those box sets are too expensive though...I've seen every episode anyway.:embarrass: I got into Love Hina a while ago.It was one guy with six girls.It just didn't do it for me like tenchi did.Waitaminute...one guy six...IT'S THE EXACT SAME THING!!!:psycho:

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Joe Soup said:
Whatever happened to Tenchi anyway? They never play it anymore.
They also never play Outlaw Star, G Gundam, 8th MS Team, or Sailor Moon anymore...

The last Tenchi series made never came out overseas, but that's just as well, since it really wasn't that good anyway.

Got Blood? said:
Use Metacritic, which averages IGN's score with everyone else's. Coincidentally, Sonic 360 has an average metascore of 40/100 on said metacritic.com. Even the user scores, which are typically MUCH higher than the "real" one, is only 4.0...

Got Blood? said:
I got into Love Hina a while ago.It was one guy with six girls.It just didn't do it for me like tenchi did.Waitaminute...one guy six...IT'S THE EXACT SAME THING!!!
That my friend, is what anime nerds call an "archetype", but in layman's terms, means a creator is too lazy to do something new or inventive, and so rips off something that came prior, only they add more bewbz and crotch-shots. :)

Del Money said:
im sure i cant. the few people i know that have a 360 or PS3 are racing and FPS fanboys. same with PS2 and XBox users.
Then drum up 6$ and rent it, then go to their house and play it.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
They also never play Outlaw Star, G Gundam, 8th MS Team, or Sailor Moon anymore...

The last Tenchi series made never came out overseas, but that's just as well, since it really wasn't that good anyway.
Ya,Toonami and Cartoon Network used to play all the good shows.You mean to tell me there's another Tenchi show besides Muyo,Universe,and Tokyo? :confused::confused:

Joe Soup

Smash Ace
Mastering the mysterious art of Quantum Edge Physi
Then drum up 6$ and rent it, then go to their house and play it.
Just show up one day at their door with a gun and go, "Hey--I'm playing this game on your 360. I don't want no sh*t, neither. Just back up real slow-like. Yeah, that's it." Then proceed to raid their gameroom, lol.

Ya,Toonami and Cartoon Network used to play all the good shows.You mean to tell me there's another Tenchi show besides Muyo,Universe,and Tokyo?
The OLD Cartoon Network + Toonami. Now all they have on there are crap kiddie shows.

>_<

Del Money

Smash Champion
dammit i was off by a bit...ok 200th page for the hedgehog....jelly and jam time

Sonic 4 Brawl

Garuda

Smash Ace
How about now?

EDIT: Nope. DARN YOU!

Edit: Oh wait, it was? What the--? Oh well, I didn't win it though. Shoot.

SiD

Smash Master
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Melancholy_of_Haruhi_Suzumiya_(anime)

1. USB pads are much worse than the 360/PS3's pads.

2. No amount of debugging could salvage that mess. Seriously, the game blows. I've played it on several occasions, and the only reason it's worth your time is is you like hot hedgehog-on-human luvin'.
1) Which is why you can get a USB 360 controller and use it on a PC...

2) Your wrong, it was a decent game that had many problems, but if they fixed them (which would be easy if they tried, which they won't but still) it would be a solid 3D Sonic game.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
SiD said:
a solid 3D Sonic game.
Hey, it's one of those, whaddyacallsits...'oxymorons'!

The 3D Sonic games are mockeries of the character. The 2D games are where it's at.

And you're right about the 360 pad. I forgot it could do that.

SiD

Smash Master
Well just because you don't like them doesn't mean you should go around telling those of us that do that they aren't worth the time. I'm not trying to claim that 3D sonic is better than 2D, but i personally do enjoy them more, and most people on this board at least liked the SA games, so let them play what they want to play and form their own opinions.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Got Blood? said:
You mean to tell me there's another Tenchi show besides Muyo,Universe,and Tokyo?
Yeah, Tenchi GXP. Like I said, it's not that good though. Best stay far, far away from it, if you can.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Holy Crap! 200th Page!.... Already! Man this thread is growing fast. Can't imagine what this thread will be like if Sonic is confirmed.

Someone might have to make a substitute thread if the Mods close it after if he is confirmed.

Joe Soup

Smash Ace
Mastering the mysterious art of Quantum Edge Physi
Holy Crap! 200th Page!.... Already! Man this thread is growing fast. Can't imagine what this thread will be like if Sonic is confirmed.

Someone might have to make a substitute thread if the Mods close it after if he is confirmed.
IDK...can they close a whole thread just for massive posting of spam? Because that's probably what's going to happen if he does get confirmed...

Oh well. I'm sure someone will make another thread, it's not that big of a deal.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
Yeah, Tenchi GXP. Like I said, it's not that good though. Best stay far, far away from it, if you can.
Where does it fit in the Tenchi timeline? Does it finish out the series? What girl does he choose? IAHDIUH KHFKLJA HFKLASH LKSAHFL :psycho: Must watch.

SiD

Smash Master
Yeah, they did last night on the Smashbros.com thread until the update went up, so we should stay on topic for at least 2/3 of the time so we can stay in business.

What should Sonic's alternate colors be? I think one should be Shadow's colors, but what about other ones?

IcyDrifter

Smash Apprentice
I Want Sonic in Brawl!!!

That would be AWESOME! But I think his move list would differ from the one predicted by the one who started this thread...

They should base his moves from Sonic Battle from the GBA!

Ground
Neutral A=Basic One-Two punch with a standing kick
Up-tilt=A nice round house to the face
Foward-Tilt=His trade-mark front flip kick
Down-tilt=A low kick similar to Mario's

Up Smash=A backflip much like Fox's
Forward Smash=a nice strong punch much like Ganondorf's fair, but on the ground.
Down Smash=Sonic spins while kicking both feet and balancing on one hand.

Dash=A spin kick (see Sonic Battle)

Air
Neutral=A basic karate kick
Fair=Sonic Eagle Spike much like Mario/Doc's but with his foot and without expansion.
Bair=A back kick similar to Fox/Falco's
Uair=An attck much like Jiggly's. Just an open palm.
Dair=Like C.Falcon's/Ganondorf's.

Specials
B=Blue Shockwave that ends up in the air to repeat the process.
Smash B
On Ground=His trademark Spindash
In air=Bouncing Spindash
Down B=Sonic's Mine (once again, see Sonic Battle for GBA)
Up B=A rising Spindash that resmbles Samus's up B

Traits
Sonic should be a fast-faller with a medium jump and High Speed attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom