• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I'm surprised the Ridley thread is so big compared to this one. 0_o

I expected the Sonic fanbase to be bigger than Ridley's, seeing as how Sonic is SEGA's posterboy and all...
That is because every single person that is a Metroid fanatic and is 16 or over keeps posting such rubbish such as.
"YEAH! RIDLY WILL PWNZ AND RULEZ OVER ALL OUTHER CHARS! ":nerd:
OR
"YEAH! I"M GONNA BIEITE PIKA'S HEAD OFF WITH UBER COOLNSS!":******:
That is pretty much most of the posts. (Once again, no offense Ridley FTB)

Note: Spelling errors are on purpose, to add effect

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You mean Sonic the Hedgehog 2? The one with Emerald Hill, Sky Chase Zone, and all that? That would be fricken tight if they made a remake of that for the Wii, and made it 3D and all. It's my favorite Sonic game ever, so I would love to see a remake.
I've been waiting for a game like that since the Dreamcast debuted.

I'll give ya props on that one Puffball, that made me laugh.
thanksies.

Actually, I myself was surprised that the Ridley topic had more posts than this one.

JPW

Smash Ace
Secret Rings was the essence of suck. Anyone who says different is a liar and a pig rapist.
really. I felt it was the best Sonic game in a decade. Sure the cutscenes weren't too good. But I really loved the whole mechanics with the wii-mote(it wasn't as hard as it looked), the stages looked beautiful, and were well stretched out. The skills and fire souls collecting has kept me going. And I actually enjoyed facing bosses.

I feel Secret Rings is a start back in the right direction. Let's face it Sonic still makes money, and he's going to be here to stay, so we might as well find his 3D style and learn to adapt to it.

Other then that. I hope Sonic makes brawl. He'd be a great character. 100th time I said that.

Joe Soup

Smash Ace
Mastering the mysterious art of Quantum Edge Physi
I have no problem with Ridley--I think he's cool.

I just don't like his fanbase.

Although I must say, there's at least a small chance of him getting in, seeing as he's the only likely candidate for a Metroid rep. And don't say Dark Samus, cuz that's just dumb.

Samus clone, anyone? Eww.

P.S: Pluz, we already got super-sexy-suit Samus, we don't need another Chozo-suit-bearing hero.

SiD

Smash Master
really. I felt it was the best Sonic game in a decade. Sure the cutscenes weren't too good. But I really loved the whole mechanics with the wii-mote(it wasn't as hard as it looked), the stages looked beautiful, and were well stretched out. The skills and fire souls collecting has kept me going. And I actually enjoyed facing bosses.

I feel Secret Rings is a start back in the right direction. Let's face it Sonic still makes money, and he's going to be here to stay, so we might as well find his 3D style and learn to adapt to it.

Other then that. I hope Sonic makes brawl. He'd be a great character. 100th time I said that.
Sonic shouldn't be on rails, especially not with the ****ty conrol that the wii mote provided for him.

AAbatterie

Smash Apprentice
Secret Rings showed that for a TRUE(yes, true, Secret Rings wasn't true) Sonic game it has to be played with a regular controller. It doesn't feel like a Sonic game with the motion control.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
actually DS is allot different then samus. NO.1 its actually the mother brain who took samus' DNA and formed DS. similar to how venom got some of spiderman's powers when he transfered to eddie brock but plays nothing similar to spiderman

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Meh. If they have the same name as the regular, with the cliche addition of "Evil", "Dark", or "Parallel", I'm assuming them to be clones if they do get added.

k thx, gonna go eat, read HP7, and play Pokemon Pearl.

All at the same time.

Joe Soup

Smash Ace
actually DS is allot different then samus. NO.1 its actually the mother brain who took samus' DNA and formed DS. similar to how venom got some of spiderman's powers when he transfered to eddie brock but plays nothing similar to spiderman
Yes, you do have a point.

However, using the Spidey/Venom analogy doesn't really fit. Yes, Venom is similar to Spidey in some ways. However, Eddie Brock is larger physically than Peter Parker, and because the symbiote feeds off of his personality/hatred, his moveset is inevitably different (ever play the MvC series?).

Samus and Dark Samus are just too similar physically, and so are their attacks.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
I will admit the scenery and environment were very good in Secret Rings. The colors were vibrant and the graphics were not too shabby, although could be better.

My problem with Secret Rings is that you don't do anything.....the set path is pretty much the set course, you don't have to move a lot to the left and right, just every so often, and same with jumping. I didn't feel I was doing anything, especially considering I got through the vast majority of one of the levels in the Dino Jungle level with my eyes closed, just pressing 2 and attacking every so often.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
Yes, you do have a point.

However, using the Spidey/Venom analogy doesn't really fit. Yes, Venom is similar to Spidey in some ways. However, Eddie Brock is larger physically than Peter Parker, and because the symbiote feeds off of his personality/hatred, his moveset is inevitably different (ever play the MvC series?).

Samus and Dark Samus are just too similar physically, and so are their attacks.
if that analogy doesn't work then consider that when eddie brock commited suicide the suit transfered, eventually going to the former scorpion, which made him allot similar to peter parker physically. also since DS isn't a girl in a suit it can't use the rocket or bomb attack. only the ball, beam, and spin jump attack. AND DS has move samus can't do

and yes i did play mvc 2, it rocked hard.

Joe Soup

Smash Ace
...wow, that's a pretty sad game. I saw it at the store when if first came out, and thought it might be good, but I'm glad I never went through with it.

From what I've heard, you're on a rail-thing the whole game, and Greenmyst's post doesn't help but reinforce my hesitance.

and yes i did play mvc 2, it rocked hard.
Lol...yes it did, despite it's sickening imbalance.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Your Welcome Soup. If that doesn't do it for you, consider this.....when you jump, you lose all your speed.....now consider how much jumping Sonic does, and consider how much it's supposed to add to the feel of flying through an environment....do you really want your kids growing up on a Sonic who loses all his momentum when he jumps? I certainly don't. Not that I have kids or anything....

@Del, what do you mean I don't have a Wii? How did I rent Sonic and the Secret Rings then? If you think my lack of retro game knowledge is a fact, I don't use the Virtual Console...(GASP! I know, but I don't want to talk about it)

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
What's the topic now (figuring that it changes a lot, but still references to Sonic somehow.) Well I saw some Sonic and Mario and Brawl fan art posted around the net. Shows that it's pretty big, well who here can draw that stuff. Um..... what have we not discussed in the last few weeks?

Del Money

Smash Champion
I'm sorry but I just didn't like it. When I saw the trailer for SONIC the Hedgehog (2006), I was like "AWESOME!!" I checked what consoles it was going to be on and it didn't list Wii. I was pissed.
hehe i know a way you can get it for PC...
Hope you don't mind if I edited your post to sound more accurate.
hhahah that was kinda good
I'm surprised the Ridley thread is so big compared to this one. 0_o
its cuz hes 1st party
I hope that he is confirmed because if he isn't expect everyone to p*** us off with their non-stop bashing.
dont worry, if Sonic is deconfirmed we'll just make fun of the Geno fanboys. theyre all over these boards and theres no reason Geno (who IS 3rd party no matter what anyone says) deserve a spot over Sonic or Megaman (or possibly even Bomberman for that matter)
i heard rumours they were gonna remake Sonic 2 for Wii...
i know where you heard that rumor...and its false. that was the time i grabbed that quote from the Sega boards about "reinventing the Sonic franchise"
I just don't like his fanbase.
you mean on these boards? a good amount of em are decent. a small but noticable percentage are peckerheads
P.S: Pluz, we already got super-sexy-suit Samus
aw...HELL YEAH. you call her that too? w3rd
Sonic shouldn't be on rails, especially not with the ****ty conrol that the wii mote provided for him.
QFT
My problem with Secret Rings is that you don't do anything.....the set path is pretty much the set course, you don't have to move a lot to the left and right, just every so often, and same with jumping. I didn't feel I was doing anything, especially considering I got through the vast majority of one of the levels in the Dino Jungle level with my eyes closed, just pressing 2 and attacking every so often.
whats this? Kabyk and SiD...IN AGREEMENT????
Where'd that annoying smash_fan guy go?
somewhere where he might actually be listened to

Garuda

Smash Ace
When you said Gar, were you referring to me? Because I didn't say Del Money was here.

Garuda

Smash Ace
thought it was... arrrg? ... wow, a lot of periods in my posts... here we ago again... and again...

Joe Soup

Smash Ace
...*sigh*...wheres RDK when ya need him?
Banned, lol....for doing just what you're implying.

But he'll be back soon--his ban get's lifted some time next week.

BTW, Money, I stumbled upon that petition in your sig, and thought it was a worthy cause, so I signed it. >_<

SEGA needs a turnaround--what better way than to make '06 for PC....AND stick the blue hedgehog in Nintendo's most lucrative series?

Sonic 4 PC+Brawl

Darksteel Mario

Smash Cadet
SONIC FOR BRAWL11!!!1!1!!!11 LAWLZOR!!!

Is what I would have said if I was a n00b.

Which I am officailly not.

I am a child.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom