• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Last time I signed I lost connection and I thought it didn't work, well guess it did, o well more the merrier.
agreed. and lets hope the Aug 24, 2007 release date isnt just a hoax. im gonna continue camping outside the Sega boards and eavesdropping (cuz those idiots havent sent me a confirmation email for my account which i tried to create almost a week ago now - i guess Sega's productivity suckyness is now rubbing off on customer support). but yeah perhaps theyll have more discussion info about that site. also, ive heard that TSS is a damm good Sonic forum. perhaps ill join...

Del Money

Smash Champion
@Darksteel Mario
your post only served as a double-post barrier for me...i thank you

@everyone
so the 8/24/07 release of Sonic 2006 for PC seems to be unheard of by Sega...best bet...that article was a hoax, and plus Sonic 06 isnt even listed on Atari's spanish site...but still Shadow the Hedgehog still definitely is and so im not losing hope that Sonic 06 might still make it eventually.

oh and i may be the last one to have noticed this but the M&SatO site got updated and now we know how the characters will be:

Sonic & Yoshi = speed
Tails & Luigi = technical
Knuckles & Bowser = power
Mario & Amy = all-around (i know..WTF Amy)

they still havent described robotnik or peach or maybe i just didnt read that far. but i figured id give you guys a heads up if you didnt already know

EDIT: me, k!llsw!tch, SiD and Puffball64 definitely pwned this thread (where the hell has puffball been anyways?)

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
^^FTW Amy all around, that doesn't make much sense, I thought she just complained all day. Well one title is confirmed, I still want Sonic 06 though for PC, lets hope that petition passes through.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Don't forget RDK. Wonder when he's banned till?
i think Joe Soup said hes banned for a week. RDK got 6 points but i dont know what the point system really means. and he didnt really start posting here that much anyways until recently
Btw, it says Peach is technical, no mention of Luigi.
my bad...i meant peach

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Whoa wtf? What are you guys talking about... Let me do some digging...

Edit: This sounds familiar.. Like Mario Tennis? Not sure.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Wii and DS
And the cool kids are gonna go for the Wii version.

M I RITE?

I think Amy makes sense as an all-around, being as she has nothing particularly special about her. It's not like they could've justified making Sonic the all-around character.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
^^Where did the inspiration come from in that name?^^
Mine? Or Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games? Because I think M&S@tOG is kind of self-explanatory.

If mine: Inspired by a Panic! At The Disco tour called "Nothing Rhymes with Circus". Lame, yeah?

Side note: "M&S@tOG" might be the most convoluted abbreviation I've ever typed.

Darksteel Mario

Smash Cadet
Yes I was talking about yours. No, it's not lame, although I'm not a fan of them. I rather like the name though.

Heheh, I used rather in a sentence.

Britain people are lame.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
W.....T.......F.........

EDIT: me, k!llsw!tch, SiD and Puffball64 definitely pwned this thread (where the hell has puffball been anyways?)
HP7 owns my soul, as I just got it yesterday, so theres no need to cry, for I have arrived....again.

Jaleel for Sonic's voice in Brawl? lolz, I'd say go for it if it was up to me.

Juice, Jelly, and Jam.

Forgive me, for I just finished watching my favorite episode of Sonic SatAm (Blast to the Past).

M&S@tOG, or alternatively, you can just say...
Miissatog.

Finishing, what the hell did RDK do to get banned?

SiD

Smash Master
I haven't been keeping up with it, does it look good Or does it hold the same quality which can only be described as the ongoing Sonic Suck Factor. (SSF) I do believe that should be an actual abbreviation.
It's hard to say, so far we've only seen trailers. I hope it'll be fun, keeping in mind the type of game it is and that they need to keep the characters balanced.

Del Money

Smash Champion
I feel used.
HAHAHAHAHHHAHAHA
I haven't been keeping up with it, does it look good Or does it hold the same quality which can only be described as the ongoing Sonic Suck Factor. (SSF) I do believe that should be an actual abbreviation.
its not so much of the SSF im worried about with this game. i just feel that as far as multiplayer party games go, its gonna make Sonic Shuffle look like Goldeneye 007.
And the cool kids are gonna go for the Wii version.
was that sarcasm i detected? personally the DS version screenshots look pretty sexy for a DS while the Wii version screenshots look pretty fugly...then also handheld gaming isnt as popular as it used to be where i live anyways (or maybe thats cuz im just an old foagie now). either way, yes im going for the Wii version because:
1. i dont have a DS
2. i dont have a Wii....but imma git me wun of dem yo
I think Amy makes sense as an all-around, being as she has nothing particularly special about her. It's not like they could've justified making Sonic the all-around character.
its a little unfortunate that the Sonic series doesnt hve all-around type characters....otherwise atrocities like Sonic Heroes wouldve never seen the light

Darksteel Mario

Smash Cadet
Looks kinda like Mario Party with Sonic and friends thrown in, and exceptionally more sports focused.

Not that that is a bad thing. I'm a big fan of the MP games.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Yes I was talking about yours. No, it's not lame, although I'm not a fan of them. I rather like the name though.

Heheh, I used rather in a sentence.

Britain people are lame.
No way, British accents are sexy. I envy them. And "rather" is a useful word. Winner.

nice panic! reference, whens their next album comin out btw?
I think they said they planned on releasing it before the end of 2007, but something tells me it'll be delayed to early 2008. They started working on it at the beginning of this year.

was that sarcasm i detected? personally the DS version screenshots look pretty sexy for a DS while the Wii version screenshots look pretty fugly...then also handheld gaming isnt as popular as it used to be where i live anyways (or maybe thats cuz im just an old foagie now). either way, yes im going for the Wii version because:
1. i dont have a DS
2. i dont have a Wii....but imma git me wun of dem yo
No sarcasm intended. I'm going for the Wii version. I see what you mean about the fugliness all over those Wii screenshots, but I'm thinking (well, hoping) they'll be better by release. And the models for the DS may be good for a DS game, but they're still too clunky for me.

At this rate, Pokemon Diamond will probably be the only DS game I'll ever own. Sad.

Darksteel Mario

Smash Cadet
At this rate, Pokemon Diamond will probably be the only DS game I'll ever own. Sad.
Is this because you don't know of any other good DS games? There is a plethera of good games.

EDIT:

Besides Sonic Rush, what else is there?
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (either one)

Advance Wars: Dual Strike

Super Mario DS

New Super Mario Bros.

Mario Kart DS

Those are only a few.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
mario kart ds, super princess peach, minish cap, metroid prime hunters, any gba game, animal crossing wild world, etc...

Del Money

Smash Champion
Jaleel for Sonic's voice in Brawl? lolz, I'd say go for it if it was up to me.

Juice, Jelly, and Jam.
jelly and jam time!!!! FTW. or i think it was juice and jam time...
Forgive me, for I just finished watching my favorite episode of Sonic SatAm (Blast to the Past).
damm good SatAM episode. i thin Cry of the Wolf was the best though...it was actually pretty hilarious...especially Robuttnik's outbursts
Finishing, what the hell did RDK do to get banned?
flame war with Fawriel. i guess he kept insisting that Canada sucked and Fawirel insisted the USA sucked. apparently Fawriel came out unbanned
nice panic! reference, whens their next album comin out btw?
Zebrahead, Trust Company, and Cobra Starship FTW
If urkle did Sonic's voice in brawl i would be lmao. then i'd eat some chili dogs.

Jaleel White for Sonic's Voice Actor FTW!!!!!
agreed haha
^^What exactly is Dawn Patrol?^^
the largest clan in the USA next to those KKK asswipes
Britain people are lame.
hey **** you dog. i was born in England
No way, British accents are sexy. I envy them.
now thats what im talking about (i lost mine almost 10 years ago though)
you cant say that again....or better yet, ill say it..."Sad". well at least Sonic Rush Adventure is supposed to be good, unfortunately im not a DS gamer

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
Yeah... waaaaaaaay off topic. If people aren't careful this thread will get closed because of the massive amount of **** in it. If you all want to talk about random crap use PM's or instant messengers, and post in this thread when you have something to say about Sonic in Brawl.

But anyways, i agree that Sonic must be in the game. It's not just because i really want him in, either, it just seems too likely to not happen. It'll probably be a while before he's announced, though, considering that they update one character a week, and i expect they'll update with all the characters we know about before they start revealing more newcomers. It's gonna be at least a month before we hear anything.

EDIT - This is about Sid's post below. The simple thing to do is to not go off topic. Talk over PMs and instant messengers like i said. It's pointless spamming up the thread with random crap. Keep Sonic discussion in, and everything else out.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I was being sarcastic about the DS games comment, shoulda made a footnote of that on my post...

jelly and jam time!!!! FTW. or i think it was juice and jam time...
Jelly and jam time. Time to Juice.

i thin Cry of the Wolf was the best though...it was actually pretty hilarious...especially Robuttnik's outbursts
lol, so true...

flame war with Fawriel. i guess he kept insisting that Canada sucked and Fawirel insisted the USA sucked. apparently Fawriel came out unbanned
Imagining that makes me want to make roflwaffles.

But anyways, i agree that Sonic must be in the game.
It'd be way past if he was in.

Man, I gotta stop watching episodes for one day.

Also, out of curiosity I bothered to watch an episode of SU for old times sake. I rofl at Knuckles, and Sonia sounds like Jaleel with a headcold.

This is....to good..:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=zY6votLn2I0

Del Money

Smash Champion
Yeah... waaaaaaaay off topic. If people aren't careful this thread will get closed because of the massive amount of **** in it. If you all want to talk about random crap use PM's or instant messengers, and post in this thread when you have something to say about Sonic in Brawl.
ok well i sincerely doubt that this thread would have such a high post count if we werent talking about Sonic in brawl. and also, this is the "Official Sonic Thread" NOT "Sonic In Brawl" thread, thus we should be allowed to discuss the hedgehog at our own discretion. but anyway heres what we have done, thus far:
1. discussed/revised/rationalize movesets
2. pwned n00bs who think Sonic shouldnt be eligible for brawl for one reason or another
3. pwned n00bs who flat out hated Sonic outright
4. discussed Sega's instability and why Sega needs Sonic in brawl as additional support
5. discussed how M&SatOG serves as NO evidence to Sonic being in or out of brawl
6. discussed why Reggie is a dumb-***
7. discussed why fake articles allegedly confirmed Sonic should learn how to spell "ESRB" correctly
8. discussed why your not human if you dont sign the petition in my signature

so basically we've touched upon everything. so unless theres something you know that we dont, there shouldnt be anything wrong with us talking about other Sonic merchandise until something concrete comes up
But anyways, i agree that Sonic must be in the game. It's not just because i really want him in, either, it just seems too likely to not happen.
yes and if Sega can get their act together and make 2007 a good year then perhaps theyll make a smart move and include our beloved hedgehizzle in teh brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom