• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
@Killswitch: Tom Nook IS cool.He's a bad mofo too.He ***** your mom and is coming for you next. :mad:
:ohwell:I'll make sure to lock my doors.

@Smash Fan- Sonic is usually the topic, but almost everything has been discussed as of this far. Until a little Sonic reference pops up or some guy comes in here saying Sonic will never be in Brawl, then the topic will explode again.

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
I don't think talking about Sonic merch and other things is filling the thread with crap, but it's posts like the one just before mine that are bringing this thread down. No offense or anything, man.

The last time i checked i did not see Tom Nook ****** someones mum in Sonic 3.

Know what i mean? It's all well and good to run out of discussion, but that doesn't mean you should talk about other ****. Just leave it be until Sakurai posts a new trailer that features Sonic's sneaker or something.

Anyway, i'm not gonna say anything else because i'm effectively spamming myself, i just wish people would stop posting bull**** that's got nothing to do with Sonic.

SiD

Smash Master
Why? You say we should leave it be until we have something to talk about right? So why not talk about other stuff while we wait?

You don't like it you get git out!

We don't take kindly to your kind round here.

And other such things.

Del Money

Smash Champion
I don't think talking about Sonic merch and other things is filling the thread with crap, but it's posts like the one just before mine that are bringing this thread down. No offense or anything, man.
i sure as hell hope you dont mean me. 95% of all my post in this thread talk about Sonic or Sega in some way (and the other 5% laugh at SiD's one-liners). and alot of people here can vouch for me...so no, i dont spam.

on-topic: hopefully M&SatOG with be more like Mario Party and less like Sonic Shuffle. though i didnt get to play Sonic Shuffle into great depth...it seemed sucky

SiD

Smash Master
Yeah, and SatSR also had a crappy Mario Party ripoff, so hopefully Sega'll get it right this time. Cause, you know, they have a track records for making up for crappy games.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
i sure as hell hope you dont mean me. 95% of all my post in this thread talk about Sonic or Sega in some way (and the other 5% laugh at SiD's one-liners). and alot of people here can vouch for me...so no, i dont spam.

on-topic: hopefully M&SatOG with be more like Mario Party and less like Sonic Shuffle. though i didnt get to play Sonic Shuffle into great depth...it seemed sucky
The only way Sonic Shuffle didn't suck is when you finally unlock the toybox. It lets you play the minigames at your own choosing with even hidden characters. Playing as the Chao is so fun.

Garuda

Smash Ace
:ohwell:I'll make sure to lock my doors.

@Smash Fan- Sonic is usually the topic, but almost everything has been discussed as of this far. Until a little Sonic reference pops up or some guy comes in here saying Sonic will never be in Brawl, then the topic will explode again.
SONIC WILL NEVER BE IN BRAWL!!!!

....Crud.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
To think... Sonic's ENTIRE debate could be finished and gone over like ten fold about 130 days before release..

Garuda

Smash Ace
We still have, like, 89 site updates left. We're gonna have to wait a long-donkey time in my opinion. Those... female dogs.

Del Money

Smash Champion
@Puffball64
you always know how to make me wish i had a dreamcast

@Garuda
assuming Sonic will be in, thatll most likely be one of the very last things Sakurai reveals IMO

@everyone
it is me? or am i the only one on this thread who doesnt yet have a Wii (besides Kabyk-Greenmyst)?

SiD

Smash Master
Yeah, you should probably get one Del. Then you can tell people you can't leave your room, you're playing with your wii.

Garuda

Smash Ace
Absolutely. I bet, if anything, he'd be revealed right on December 3rd, like a "btw, I might as well tell you that Sonic is in there... but you'll have to find him!" thing. Sakurai is the one who has that sense of humor, pretending to take things lightly or just making goofy remarks. I dunno, great guy. Gives a parc about the games, not something I see everyday. Not to say it's a rarity, but I don't see it every day.

lol SiD (as usual)

Del Money

Smash Champion
Yeah, you should probably get one Del. Then you can tell people you can't leave your room, you're playing with your wii.
that was two line, SiD. youre slipping man hahaha
Absolutely. I bet, if anything, he'd be revealed right on December 3rd, like a "btw, I might as well tell you that Sonic is in there... but you'll have to find him!" thing. Sakurai is the one who has that sense of humor, pretending to take things lightly or just making goofy remarks.
yeah i know right? that ****ing pisses me off alot. but i guess updates are updates even if the captions are retardedly un-funny. im justwondering if their might be any bigger brawl updates, than Sonic's inclusion, that we're all anxious about

Garuda

Smash Ace
Well I say we fully welcome Sonic to the Nintendo family... but in order to join, you must receive... "The Spanking". When I say that, I mean "The Smashing"... starring Jack Nicholson. Save the whales.

EDIT: Eh, I guess I slightly chuckle at the captions when I'm nice and tired and have watched cartoons for a while...

Garuda

Smash Ace
Does that mean people have to look through every single screenshot on the whole site just to try to find him. Man that would be hard.
And entirely in vain...

I would know.

But no, I meant finding him, as a secret character, as in unlocking him.

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
As confident as i am that he's in, if he is in, i'm expecting him to be one of the last characters revealed, so that'll probably be in November.

Whooooooooooo...

SonicMario

Smash Master
I have Sonic Shuffle for my Dreamcast... Thing is i can't find it anywhere in my **** house. I've actually only been a Sonic Fan since 2001 or 2002, when i got SA2:B & Sonic Mega Collection for christmas. I didn't get a dreamcast until a few years after. (Ordered it Online) Along with the 3 Sonic games on the system. (SA1, SA2, and Sonic Shuffle) I got SA1 & SA2 just to see the difference between them and SADX & SA2 Battle.

Note: Back in 01 or 02, i didn't know Sonic was ever a rival to Mario. I learned that later, just don't flame me for not knowing. (I'm only 14 years old!) Sonic's 1st game was made before i was even born.

EDIT: @GotBlood I had a Wii since Jan. 2007. Without having to reserve one. (Lucky wasn't i!)

Del Money

Smash Champion
How can people still not have Wiis by now? Baffling.
i dunno smart guy, maybe cuz theres none in stock at any stores? and the one on ebay EVEN THE USED ONES cost more than $250 which is completely absurd if you ask me.

that fact that M&SatOG and that Sonic mgiht be in brawl is a good enough sign that Nintendo and Sega are working even closed together than before and so i can predict the next new Sonic title that is a platform game on a console could very well be released for the Wii. (see smash_fan, i DO stay on topic)

@SonicMario
youre only 14? i guess it makes sense why your a little behind. im gonna be 19 next month so ive been around for the hole Sonic generation

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I have Sonic Shuffle for my Dreamcast... Thing is i can't find it anywhere in my **** house. I've actually only been a Sonic Fan since 2001 or 2002, when i got SA2:B & Sonic Mega Collection for christmas. I didn't get a dreamcast until a few years after. (Ordered it Online) Along with the 3 Sonic games on the system. (SA1, SA2, and Sonic Shuffle) I got SA1 & SA2 just to see the difference between them and SADX & SA2 Battle.

Note: Back in 01 or 02, i didn't know Sonic was ever a rival to Mario. I learned that later, just don't flame me for not knowing. (I'm only 14 years old!) Sonic's 1st game was made before i was even born.

EDIT: @GotBlood I had a Wii since Jan. 2007

The differences?

SA/SADX: Sonic Adventure DX appeared to have cut the speed of the game by a small fraction of sorts. Also, DX has a bunch of Game Gear games available. It also has better character models and junk.

SA2/SA2B: Slightly improved graphics, more stuff to do with Chao, More unlockables, and better 2-Player mode.

Sonic Shuffle never had a remake, so yea..

However, its interesting to note that Sonic Adventure 2 (not sure about 1) had an online mode where you can download a new racetrack for kartracing, online Chao races, and downloadable content.

About the Wii thing: I should be getting one in November...

I was born in '89. Started playing Sonic in '94. I've been around since Sonic, but I had to play "catch up" with his Genesis/Saturn/Game Gear games.

SiD

Smash Master
I got a Wii on launch day. That was pretty awesomeness. Only had to wait out for like 8 hours and I was first in line (along with a friend) cause nobody remembers Target, poor pastards at Walmart were there for like two days.

AAbatterie

Smash Apprentice
I actually enjoyed the Sonic Adventure games. Had good music, good story, good game. The cameras did piss me off every once in a while, but it was alright.

But the rest of the 3D games have been bad. And if they come out with another Sonic game, it better not be a spinoff like Sonic and the Secret Rings. I hate how the spinoff only went to Nintendo, and especially hated how the game sucked. It didn't even feel like Sonic at all. I just don't look forward to 3D Sonic games anymore.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Oh, come on, Secret Rings wasn't that bad. Besides backing up and the crappy dialogue and ending cutscene, it was okay.

AAbatterie

Smash Apprentice
Oh, come on, Secret Rings wasn't that bad. Besides backing up and the crappy dialogue and ending cutscene, it was okay.
I'm sorry but I just didn't like it. When I saw the trailer for SONIC the Hedgehog (2006), I was like "AWESOME!!" I checked what consoles it was going to be on and it didn't list Wii. I was pissed.

Luckily, SONIC 2006 wasn't that good from what I've heard, so I'm all right. But Secret Rings just wasn't enjoyable to me. The controls were just annoying.

SonicMario

Smash Master
If Sonic is Confirmed in Brawl. This thread will fill up with excited nOObs and even more experienced but are Sonic Fanatics. (No offense Del, you even as a Smash Lord would probably add to it too). It will get so big, it will (No offense to Ridley FTB) surpass or rival the Ridley Thread's current state. (We are still like close to 1,000 posts behind them).

@Puffball64: HOLY **** THAT WAS FUNNY!
@SiD: Not to annoy you even more after PB64's post SiD but i think that was funny enough to rival one for your one-liners!

AAbatterie

Smash Apprentice
Yeah this thread would get crazy. But if Sonic is announced, he'd probably be announced right on December 3rd, along with Meg..*cough*..another third party character. That's how intense Sakurai is.

Joe Soup

Smash Ace
Mastering the mysterious art of Quantum Edge Physi
I'm surprised the Ridley thread is so big compared to this one. 0_o

I expected the Sonic fanbase to be bigger than Ridley's, seeing as how Sonic is SEGA's posterboy and all...

But yes, SonicMario, you are correct in the assumption that the thread will fill up with spam-happy n00bs if he is confirmed. No doubt it will be the first thing on their post list, besides the smashbros.com thread.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
Well Ridley is Nintendo and SWF has hundreds of Nintendo fans that dislike Sonic. Ridley is more popular to Nintendo fans than Sonic is. The day Sonic is confirmed, this thread will be full. I hope that he is confirmed because if he isn't expect everyone to p*** us off with their non-stop bashing.

I Like Smash...

Smash Apprentice
i heard rumours they were gonna remake Sonic 2 for Wii...
i dont really see that happening though...
if they did it would be kinda cool...
as long as they didnt completely destroy that prestine game...
personally i would rather get a remake of Sonic CD...
i loved that game...

AAbatterie

Smash Apprentice
i heard rumours they were gonna remake Sonic 2 for Wii...
i dont really see that happening though...
if they did it would be kinda cool...
as long as they didnt completely destroy that prestine game...
personally i would rather get a remake of Sonic CD...
i loved that game...
You mean Sonic the Hedgehog 2? The one with Emerald Hill, Sky Chase Zone, and all that? That would be fricken tight if they made a remake of that for the Wii, and made it 3D and all. It's my favorite Sonic game ever, so I would love to see a remake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom