• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicMario

Smash Master
So far our Alliance chances are rising. 2-0 as of this post. If this keeps up, and the leader approves. Sonic and Luigi are officially allies on SWF.

Speech will be presented today. Just wait, I may pull it out when you least suspect it. lol

Repryx

Smash Champion
^^ Haha! THIS Needs to be in the comics section of the Newspaper.....GREAT STUFF SIEGK!

Im not goin 2 the tournament I dont think...I just want my game....

Damax

Smash Lord
^^ Haha! THIS Needs to be in the comics section of the Newspaper.....GREAT STUFF SIEGK!

Im not goin 2 the tournament I dont think...I just want my game....
if you were in canada you wouldn't go anyway. EB games are prolly gonna ask me: you wanna participate to the tournament? then I'll ask: can you choose your character, as soon as I hear the no the door will close upon them.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Speech

Dear Loyal members of the S.S.S.,

We all know what day it is right? Saturday March 8th, 2008. A day to most normal men or women that it is just March 8th and nothing too special. But to us, there couldn't be a more special day then today. For in less then 24 hours, a game that is just a game to normal people (In which some of us are ridiculed for loving games so much lol). Is many things: the 3rd game of a series we have enjoyed for the past 8-9 years, the thought of fighting people from other houses without having to actually be at the house, but most of all: our favorite gaming icon that had us hooked since 1991 or any years after... is in the game.

Yes, the day has finally arrived. After 2 delays and seemingly long waits, Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be in our grasp. We have witnessed rumors, speculations, and the fall of entire clans throughout the entirety of 2 years of Pre-Brawl release. We have faced fake rumors of confirmations of Sonic and fake rumors that scared us with the opposite. We have faced an Anti-Thread, which was closed before confirmation of Sonic, but is very fun to now look at and laugh. I doubt anyone of us will ever forget the date of Wednesday October 10th 2007. We all either smiled in joy, jumped around in backflips, or fainted in enjoyment. And the guy that made the Anti-Thread rarely ever posted on the Brawl Boards again.

After confirmation, we went on to speculate on what comes with Sonic into Brawl. It was mostly us that brought Sonic to the finals of the Smashboards Character Battle. We beat back-then popular characters like Krystal and Mewtwo. We were only stopped by Mr. Nintendo himself: Mario. And while the delays did piss off a lot of members, we had the enjoyment of making the S.S.S. stronger as a group. Because of the Feb to March delay, I was able to have more time organizing the group. I made it to one shallow group to 3 different group types. Along with the change, our group became a little more popular. Even the banishing of the Spindasher Heroes helped with it.

I'd now like to commend several members for their undeniable loyalty. I will start with SiegK and SiD.
SiegK, you are literally the main artist, entertainer, and one of the backbone members of the group. Without you, there would be no banners, comics, or pictures to promote the SSS. Our group would have never caught on without your art skills and loyalty. You've made us laugh, happy, and almost never would say no to a comic request.
SiD, couldn't forget about you. I call you the Bad@$$ of the whole group. You are the one that is best at flaming n00bs. You were a top defender against RIDLEY's attacks in the past. Sometimes you being called God wasn't a joke. I should also give a good thanks for the forum you made. I'll aso ever forget about your posts Prior to Sonic's confirmation. Always loved those one-liners back in the months.
Here are some more.
Repryx, I call you the crazy (In a good way) guy of the group You tend to have alot of Caps in your posts. But that's all right! Your attitude always was funny and never really said any mean stuff. You should also be commended for your loyalty to the SSS. Not to mention the 1st member to be someone different from a White person ;-)
Lime_Backwards, the reason why your in the majors. Is because of how loyal you were on the forums. You literally had the most posts on a site that rarely is posted on. Of course I know how loyal you have been on Smashboards. But I just want to tell you that it was the forums that decided it for me.
Garuda, I 1st remembered you as the Ganondorf Avatared user as someone who doubted Sonic's chances back in summer because of "That's not in the Cards at the moment". I tried getting rid of some of that pessimistic attitude back then. It worked on you only a bit. Not fully, but I'm just hope that you're glad that your doubt was in vain. I bet you can't wait to to a battle with Ganondorf, Mario, and Sonic.
I'm sorry if anybody was waiting for a mention of their own, but I assure I did not forget such people to mention. Like Dyce, Del, Smooth, k!llsw!tch and more. Your all great.

We already Know that Sonic will get his chance to hit Mario or team up with him. But don't forget that your not limited to just Mario characters! Sonic will be able to exchange fists or team up fists with other iconic characters. Like fellow walk of game winner Link, laugh at Captain Falcon speed compared to his, battle with very old and WTF Nintendo characters like Mr. Game & Watch and ROB. And that's not even all. We Sonic fans have waited for such a big game to harbor Sonic in the game. And we finally get that chance.

I've heard that Sonic will be literally a Noob's character. Maybe this will mean that Sonic will be underestimated. But I urge any of you members with access to Wi-Fi. Master Sonic and show him why Sonic was in this game. Prove to people that Sonic's game may be down in quality. But the character himself and his moves will always stay the same. Prove you can handle Sonic's amazing ground speed. I'd even advise you to master Sonic with a Bunny Hood (lol). But most of all, prove to Sonic himself you can control him, Prove to the blur that you have not lost faith in him just because of his recent games, Prove to him that you will take down anybody in his way.

As I end this, I want to thanks for the fun times we had with speculating and good times. Rumors, Internet Implodes, and Stress. We've been through all 3, and it didn't weaken us at all. Our undeniable loyalty to Sonic the Hedgehog kept us through and through. We are the oldest surviving Brawl Character clan on Smash World Forums I can very well see the SSS continuing even after it's 1st anniversary in September 2008. I've posted on this thread since page 91,before many of you were even posting on the OFFICIAL Sonic thread. But I feel like I've known you since. We have many more of these great moments to go, but I'll never forget the days we were cheering on for our favorite icon, Sonic the Hedgehog.

Repryx

Smash Champion
Hah! Good stuff SonicMario! My GF is coming over to give me a little more encouragement but I dont think she can top this speech...BTW If I win the tourney...I will post here b4 I start my brawl binge!

SONICS ON DA RUN SONICS #1!!!!

-Ciao

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
LOL I read your speech SonicMario and the first thing I could think of was ALL the arguments and agreements we shared way back in the 500s pages and stuff like that, good old days of having to convince me Sonic was in brawl and I should know that, and all the stuff I remember telling DelMoney. LOL good times, good times. Well even though I haven't been as dedicated as I use to be back then I'll probably will be now that I can get a chance to play Brawl with every person here. As the hours come closer to release date I think of everything we've shared in the Sonic Thread :).

SonicMario

Smash Master
Yeah. Such great times. I remember you as the 1st guy I met here (Or the 1st to reply here). And myy 1st post was on Sonic's possible trophy description. Of course Sakauri didn't do exactly what I did, but I am so glad to have my 1st post not being a "Hi!" and instead started with Discussion.

Back when you had 300+ posts. I thought that was a lot when I was a n00b. But look where I am now lol. +2000 posts and you've only tripled your count since then :lol:. Not that I am bragging, It just seems so long and times have changed alot.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
Yea, my post count sucks. What can I say, I'll get it up just been to lazy to reply. Can't wait to play some smash against some of you guys :).

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Great speech SonicMario.

Thanks for the mention. I appreciate your recognition of me in the clan, I appologize for my elongated absenses in the thread, and my non-appearance in the S.S.S. forums (lolz), but I'm a lazy bast4rd.

I will make up for it all in Brawling, that much I can assure you. That much I can assure all of you.

SiD

Smash Master
*Cries a little*

Fantastic SonicMario. Ah, the good old days, before Sonic's confirmation, before [p2w], this was our hangout.

Garuda

Smash Ace
That was beautiful. And yes, this is one of the few times I am extremely happy that I was wrong.

kirbster40

Smash Rookie

SonicMario

Smash Master
Sonic Mario your the second oldest surviving character clan on SWF ; )
If you say so Motsa :)

Woo congrats SonicMario seems you've taken great leadership ever since the old group got disbanded :).
In a sense yeah. But I'm not a sole leader, we people like SiD and SiegK have the same rank as me. But I guess I did make the speeches leaders do. SiD is the muscle, SiegK is the Artist, and if you don't think it's too prideful: I'm the brain of the SSS.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
If you were trying to be sarcastic then whatever... because its true.

And what was the name of that guy that used to be leader? The crap one that we all tried to replace?

SonicMario

Smash Master
Actually if your talking about Del. The SSS was not created yet when he was around on the Sonic. I solely found it in September. We were our own members before September.

SonicMario

Smash Master
OHHH You must mean Sonik. Well you may have got that accomplished. Because I haven't seen him for MONTHS.

At least I'm nice to you RIDLEY guys. I didn't participate in any of the flaming.

Garuda

Smash Ace
<-- Couldn't go to the midnight launch.

Just... just... *tries to hold back tears* Don't look at me...

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
I Won And Brawl Is In My Wii Now...see You In A Month!

-ciao
Rofl! Ditto

Ive been playing Brawl all day since like.. 2pm

3 of my friends planed to come over after we got out copies and we were gunna get all the characters 2night. But...

My other friend and I got em all b4 they even came over (they didnt know I had an extra copy) and when we started the game and saw the full roster they were like "WHOAZ WTF"

Lol. I Love Sonic.

Spife

Smash Master
*doesn't want to read all 358 pages*
I've been playing sonic today and he's neato, I'm still getting use to brawl+classic controller+sonic though and I have a hard time finishing people off with him (I played Link in melee and only recently got over the lack of wave dashing and l-canceling and am still trying to get over no projectiles/spamming x_x).
What's this SSS I'm seeing?

SonicMario

Smash Master
BRAWL IS SO AWESOME!!!

Guess what guys, I went to classic mode to unlock Sonic via 10 characters. When I tried to beat him with Mario. I FAILED!. So I thought I would do someone I'm more used to unlock him, So i used Pikachu:laugh: And I got him.

SONIC IS SO FUN TO PLAY AS! (I unlocked Falco with him, and I KOed him with Super Sonic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom