• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
Just checked the scores and Sonic and Tails are only on 31.7%

Unless a STORM of Sonic fans vote then I think we already have a winner.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
but I'd probably vote for Sonic and Luigi. Tails isn't an especially great fighter outside of the mech.

[Cough]Entirecontestrenderedpointlesssincebrawliscomingwithinafewmotnhs[/Cough]
Its Mario and Luigi or Sonic and Tails, not a Mix and Match.

And Luigi isnt tha great a fighter unless you play either unless you play a Smash Bros game.
But Tails is always trying to be bad @$$ when he comes time to fight.

Tails "Sonic's not here. You trusted me to do this... I WONT LET YOU DOWN! Ill Do My best!"
(Sonic Adventure 2)

Luigi "Maaaarrrrriiiiooooo?.... Mario?" *whimper*
(Luigi's Mansion)

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Its Mario and Luigi or Sonic and Tails, not a Mix and Match.

And Luigi isnt tha great a fighter unless you play either unless you play a Smash Bros game.
But Tails is always trying to be bad @$$ when he comes time to fight.

Tails "Sonic's not here. You trusted me to do this... I WONT LET YOU DOWN! Ill Do My best!"
(Sonic Adventure 2)

Luigi "Maaaarrrrriiiiooooo?.... Mario?" *whimper*
(Luigi's Mansion)
I bet more would vote for Sonic if it was Sonic and Knux, but that's my opinion.

SiegK

Smash Champion
I bet more would vote for Sonic if it was Sonic and Knux, but that's my opinion.
I wouldnt think so, Mario and Luigi are too strong in popular stantards.

And If you grew up on the 1st Sonic games I dont know why would dont love Tails, hes awesome. he is one of the few characters who has actually grown up with the series, most changing. Thats the cool think I find about him.
Knux is a BAMF, but tails is just an a complete original. You have to respect and understand that its always gunna be Sonic and Tails in every game where he has a partner. Just fact.

Sonic and Tails, Brothers (sorta) from games to shows.

Sonic, Knuckles and Tails are the best Trio ever.
But id pic Sonic and Tails over any duo anyday.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
I wouldnt think so, Mario and Luigi are too strong in popular stantards.

And If you grew up on the 1st Sonic games I dont know why would dont love Tails, hes awesome. he is one of the few characters who has actually grown up with the series, most changing. Thats the cool think I find about him.
Knux is a BAMF, but tails is just an a complete original. You have to respect and understand that its always gunna be Sonic and Tails in every game where he has a partner. Just fact.

Sonic and Tails, Brothers (sorta) from games to shows.

Sonic, Knuckles and Tails are the best Trio ever.
But id pic Sonic and Tails over any duo anyday.
I know that and understand it. I just happen to like Knux better.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
tails is a little ***** *****. knuckles is so badass. the last thing he wants to do is team with sonic, so when they do end up teaming it's freaking amazing. just like vegeta and goku.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Wow, Sonic's doing very well. I expected to be a little hard for the blue blur. Somebody kick me for underestimating his popularity please?

Del Money

Smash Champion
What is this like a SWF Character Battle or summat? Because otherwise as of right now there's really no more good Sonic discussion to be had. It makes sense this would happen after he got confirmed and we got his special moves. Oh and for the record, that old petition to get Sonic 2006 on PC died like a couple months ago

Mega Man 4 Brawl

Repryx

Smash Champion
you know Del translates to "Give Repryx"

or "owes Repryx"

in 20 diff. languages including internet slang and english

RDK

Smash Hero
The parts with Sonic making hot love to a human kind of killed it for me.

Garuda

Smash Ace
When I rented Sonic Adventure DX, I really didn't like it much (forget what I said before). I mean, while I didn't finish the game (I had quite a bit of schoolwork), it still felt very short and like any potential that it had wasn't fulfilled. Before you go ahead and rant as to why, I already know why: it's outdated, and that's why I'm sad. It's too late for me to experience the joy of that game.

EDIT: I was about to buy Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, but is that as short as Sonic Adventure? Is it MUCH longer, MUCH better? If only a little, no can do.

SiD

Smash Master
It's longer, I think, but not by much.

But the core gameplay is MUCH better, and holds up MUCH better.

And I personally think it has a ton of replay value. TOtally worth the what, like 12 bucks they charge for it?

Garuda

Smash Ace
I'll ask this question too: Is it better than Sonic Heroes? Because for some reason I liked that game for a little while.

And another question, SiD: Wanna exchange Wii codes? We must get ready for the Brawl, even though they use separate codes.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Not that I'm disagreeing, it did suck. I like it tho.
Agree.

I Liked Sonic 06, they just F'ed up the controls, but it was a fun game.
Agree.

Oh, and Yo SiD. I got a Challenge Match with IsmaR for a Sonic Vs DeDeDe match, gunna be awesome.

Garuda, I think Sonic Heroes was better, control wise, but thats it.
I Like the idea of being able to be Sonic Tails or Knuckles whenever I wanted, but I missed full Levels of one thing.

Wish Amy and Sonic got together, I hate that 'human' girl, the controls were pretty bad. But That game had alot of potencial.

Spend a little more time fixing the movement, take ut the lag and Give Shadow some more Speed levels and I would 100% say it would have been my Fav 3D Sonic game, Or at least Tie SA2B.

I think this is pretty agreeable.

SiD

Smash Master
Well Garuda, I ****ing hate Sonic Heroes, and I love SA2:B, so that either tells you nothing or it tells you alot. Lol.

And sure, I'll get my Wii code tomorrow and post it on up here.

Del Money

Smash Champion
I'll ask this question too: Is it better than Sonic Heroes? Because for some reason I liked that game for a little while.
Sonic Heroes is the biggest piece of **** to clog the toilet since Luke_Groundwalker's mother last relieved herself. Were it not for the fact that I had always wanted to see Sonic, Knuckles, and Tails work together since I first saw that transition from the Hidden Palace Zone to the Sky Sanctuary Zone back in Sonic 3 & Knukcles, I would use the Sonic Heroes disc as my official ballsack scratcher.

Yes, it's 7:23AM and yes I'm still awake working on stupidass homework.

Mega Man 4 Brawl

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman

And another question, SiD: Wanna exchange Wii codes? We must get ready for the Brawl, even though they use separate codes.
Hell yeh dude. Sonic Adventure 2 Battle is widespreadly considered to be the best 3D sonic game. Has tons of replay value. and takes a **** long time to get all 180 emblems. You'll have tons of fun if your into platformers.

Sonic Heroes was just....meh...

Garuda

Smash Ace
LOL, if I sorta liked Heroes and it's a piece of crap compared to SA2... well, looks like another thing to get.

EDIT: You serious, Sieg?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom