• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
Thx guys.

Dont you get that warm feeling inside when the log in page says "Welcome back *name*"

Nah, but really. I could go for a Luigi update 2night.

Not because Im a hard core Luigi player, i just feel its time.
I was thinking earlier, why hasnt he been updated yet?

Either its a Duh that he is in.
Or He just isnt updating some unlockable character.

But any-who. If he is updated 2night. I so called it, but I so doubt it.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond

Luigi will be in, there should be no doubt. And he's unlockable (under weird conditions, probably again) so we won't see him until a bit later.

But c'mon with Captain Falcon already! JEEZ!

But to stay on a Sonic-esque topic, I'd like to see Knuckles or Tails as an AT. Maybe a Sonic stage, which is undoubtedly going to be beautiful.

SonicLuigi

Smash Journeyman
either green hill zone or mushroom kingdom
Thx guys.

Dont you get that warm feeling inside when the log in page says "Welcome back *name*"

yea id just laugh my *** off if theres a luigi update tomorrow XD seriously, it will be heard around the house...and you said it first so u called it....(lucky)

WarioII

Smash Apprentice
those comics are great very funny especially the mario and luigi one about the bob omb lol@ luigi sayin "so what"

SiegK

Smash Champion
Hey thanks guys, and thank you SiD. Haha. I personaly like the Bomb-omb from the Mario movie, I had to add it Somewhere.

I was a little worried though, can you tell that Sonic is at BattleField? I hope i didnt mess the Level up in cartoon form. O.o

SiegK

Smash Champion
OMG! That was probably one of the best comics yet, SiegK!

I seriously couldn't stop laughing.

Smooth Criminal
Cool. Wanna quote it to this page so many others can see its greatness?

I would myself, but I'm not that conceded. :chuckle:
Lol.

My Deviant Art Page.

http://siegkingkirby.deviantart.com/

CHECK IT OUT!

Dudes, Fight Club thread hasnt moves in a long time. Lets go and rage it up.

gamer8

Smash Lord
I'm definitely not looking forward to the day we get sonic's final smash. Now THAT'S gonna be the worst update of all time.

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
nothing to do but wait...and hope
And pray that more characters get announced mighty soon!

Seriously, it's really likely chars such as Luigi, Captain Falcon, and Gannondorf are in it, but the fact that they haven't been revealed yet leave that TIIIIINY margin that there might not be an update after all :(

SonicMario

Smash Master
I'm definitely not looking forward to the day we get sonic's final smash. Now THAT'S gonna be the worst update of all time.
What are you talking about. Are you just calling it bad because we already know about it? The worst update of all time would be either: The Title screen or How to use the *Insert random letter or number* button

haha, yeah and are marth or falco in brawl?

We don't know. Some people are saying Marth will very much appear. The only likely arguement is that Marth was only used to advertise Fire Emblem. And bring up worldwide versions of the series. The series that introduced Ike. While Falco is split. Really his chances f going in or out. IS depending on how popular Sakauri realizes Falco is or he dismisses him as a clone. But we need to stay on topic if we can.

On and BTW, SiegK. I loved the caption under Nana

Cless

Smash Champion
I really can't see them taking Marth out. Who are they going to put in, Sigurd? Ephraim maybe (I don't think that game did well though), or some Hector action going on?

Falco I COULD see being gone, but he's my favorite Star Fox character ever.

Worst update was today for me so far. Widescreen... yay... At least there was some sweet remixed classic Donkey Kong music.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Updates have really disappointed me. They are so.........filler. I mean cmon! Widescreen?!?! Who wants to know about that when we are awaiting a character that should've been updated weeks ago?

SiegK

Smash Champion
Updates have really disappointed me. They are so.........filler. I mean cmon! Widescreen?!?! Who wants to know about that when we are awaiting a character that should've been updated weeks ago?
True. Agree. Thank you.

**** those waffles were good.

I have a Mini Fridge in my room. All I need is a Microwave and a Toaster.
Ill be able to live and smash all in my room. Never having to leave.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
hey hey, widescreen is an amazing feature to have. gives everything a better scope. theres a reason every movie is filmed in widescreen. but true, they should focus more on character updates.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
It's stupid that what it is. Sure he's saving up for something big, but it shouldn't take more than 2-3 weeks. Don't leave your fans waiting a month. This keep up and we'll probably stop looking at updates all together.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Sure it's an amazing feature, but is that and music really worth an update?
yes, if a game has terrible music and poor angles it destroys the entertainment value. people want to know how a game sounds and looks almost as much as how it plays. if you had great gameplay with godawful music and graphics, you'd find yourself muting every stage and growing dizzy looking at the screen.

Cless

Smash Champion
Which is why I didn't play Legend of Dragoon. Haha, oh man.

Widescreen is something to be put in the instruction booklet. I'd rather have had another music update or something.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
yes, if a game has terrible music and poor angles it destroys the entertainment value. people want to know how a game sounds and looks almost as much as how it plays. if you had great gameplay with godawful music and graphics, you'd find yourself muting every stage and growing dizzy looking at the screen.
I understand the music, but I still don't see the point of Widescreen. As Cless said, you could simply put it in the instruction manual.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I understand the music, but I still don't see the point of Widescreen. As Cless said, you could simply put it in the instruction manual.
yes, but remember the gamespot vids for resident evil 4? they showed how the game was widescreen and how it implemented over the shoulder camera perspective. i dont know about you, but that was one of the best games i have ever played one of the many reasons being the realistic look it had.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
yes, but remember the gamespot vids for resident evil 4? they showed how the game was widescreen and how it implemented over the shoulder camera perspective. i dont know about you, but that was one of the best games i have ever played one of the many reasons being the realistic look it had.
Yes, but as I said, this isn't worth a whole update. It practically something no one really cares about at this point in time like most of Sakurai's other updates. I swear it pisses me off day by day. This isn't Resident Evil nor did they give updates every weekday.

Cless

Smash Champion
I Could go for an Update on How Sonic's grabs look and what they do.
The few moves i didnt get to try when I played him.
Thats a Sonic update I could go for.
Throws
Forward- I killed someone in sudden death with his forward throw which launches his opponent upward with kick where sonic does the splits vertically. Great for setting up his upair game, but can be very strongly DIed backwards.
Back- general suplex like move. Seems to have respectable knock back that will at least enable you to edge guard your opponent.
Up- I didn't see it many times. Seems pretty generic.
Down- tosses them down and spins on them. Does more damage, pops them a bit away.

Copied from E for All report.

SonicLuigi

Smash Journeyman
either green hill zone or mushroom kingdom
what we need from sonic is his stage.....reasons why
1. they havent announced a sonic stage yet
2. there hasnt been a stage update in a few weeks

lets just hope if theres a stage update tomorrow, it wont be one we already know about and saw at E and for all.....they all might have been so its down with the old up with the new :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom