• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicMario

Smash Master
By beating it do you mean the story or all 120 (121 actually) stars? Because i've beat the story mode, I just need to get the rest of the 120.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Maybe I am just too big of a Mario fan as well...

No, I haven't gotten all of the stars. I beat the game... Not ***** it. lol

Cless

Smash Champion
I hate the purple coins. Give me back my 100 coin stars. Just normal coins. Also, daredevil run on the last lava galaxy is annoying.

Repryx

Smash Champion
Lolz if you get all 120 coins...Sonic Is in Brawl wtf?

Im sad that Brawl was due in about a week....

Garuda

Smash Ace
You'd be more sad if it came out by then and ended being a pile of crap, right?

Err... wut stage will sonic hav lawlz (bah I dunno)

Repryx

Smash Champion
You'd be more sad if it came out by then and ended being a pile of crap, right?

Err... wut stage will sonic hav lawlz (bah I dunno)
what if (Hypothetically) even after the Delay....brawl came out as crap...how would we react 4 Sakurai making a crappy game w/ sonic in it?

Garuda

Smash Ace
I would get very mad and start hurting innocent people.

...Sonic. DANG IT we gotta do something so we aren't full of spam like you-know-what.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
I Can solve that problem Garuda!

Sorry Ive been away guys, Mario Galaxy, Girls, School, Smashing it up. You know. Christmas stuff getting ready, I just put up all the house lights yesterday. Ahhh. Hecktic.

BUT! To Stop the Spam!

My Newest Sonic for Brawl Comic is so close to being complete I can almost taste it!!

(It would have been done about a week or 2 ago but... well same as the list from above)

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
Who do you think will give sonic problems? thats a good 1
Well, from a generalized tactical standpoint, something that moves fast like Sonic gets beaten by something with wide-area attacks and high defense. But at the speed Sonic moves, there's not much that he can't dodge and no weakspot he can't exploit (Which makes him so **** awesome.).

Now, from a Brawl-Only standpoint, Sonic's big strengths are his dodging abilities and his attack speed. So you'll still need a character with wide area attacks, and some no-flinch frames wouldn't go amiss. But Ike is way too slow to hit Sonic, unless there's something about him we didn't figure out at E-For-All.
So possibly Link? He's got good range with his attacks, his speed is up a bit from melee and his defense isn't completely awful. It'd still be a difficult fight against a Sonic player with good reaction time, though.

Or, we could ask someone who went to EforAll. Eforall, which characters did well against Sonic?

Repryx

Smash Champion
what do you think about Pits Match-up w/ sonic...BTW Ive assumed that due to Mario's boost he is supposed to match sonic

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Speed does not make a character god-like. I love Sonic maybe a bit more than most people here (not all) but I don't see him as being this win-win-win character for being faster than everyone. If Sonic doesn't have any good natural combos or killer moves then he won't be able to stand up to anyone.

But hopefully Sonic is unstoppable so it'll be less stressful for me when I main him. :chuckle:

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
I had a dream a couple of days ago that Sonic was in the game. And I had a dream last year that Super Sonic was in the game.

So obviously, he will be in.
Wow! McFox was right. He made a prediction over a year ago and it came true.

Is he a prophet? o.o

thumbswayup

Smash Master
yes, but with his great speed comes difficulty in manuvering. it was even said in videos of brawl that sonic is extremely hard to control and that current users of fox and falco will enjoy playing sonic. that is why i cannot wait to main him :)

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
yes, but with his great speed comes difficulty in manuvering. it was even said in videos of brawl that sonic is extremely hard to control and that current users of fox and falco will enjoy playing sonic. that is why i cannot wait to main him :)
True true, speed is a good trait to have in a character, but if he has no good combo's, then I'm afraid he will find it tough to K.O.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
True true, speed is a good trait to have in a character, but if he has no good combo's, then I'm afraid he will find it tough to K.O.
very true, however, people always find a way to combo with any character. when melee first came out no one knew how to waveshine with fox or pillar with falco. now when you see what falco can do you realize how it only took people time to experiment with the characters movesets. i believe it will be the same with sonic and brawl. despite captain falcon being the fastest character in melee, he has some of the most insane combos. so just learn all of sonic's moves and through many games you will learn how to string them together to combo your opponent.

Jisike

Smash Journeyman
Speed does not make a character god-like. I love Sonic maybe a bit more than most people here (not all) but I don't see him as being this win-win-win character for being faster than everyone. If Sonic doesn't have any good natural combos or killer moves then he won't be able to stand up to anyone.

But hopefully Sonic is unstoppable so it'll be less stressful for me when I main him. :chuckle:
So far, sonic has his bair and his Uair for solid kill moves, his dsmash is a semikill move, as is his upsmash if you can get all the hits to work right, his fsmash if your close enough. He is one of the only characters so far to have comboable throws, his dthrow is a techchase setup, and his bthrow has good knockback and is a potential suicide. Add that to his crazy grab range and speed... sexah ;)

His uptilt is a decent combostarter and comes out pretty fast. hes got a good jab for jabgrabs, and ofcourse the godly speed...

Personally, i cant see sonic being bad at all....

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Well I played as SuperSonic at E for All first hand. So I pretty much know whats up. Haha.

Im just saying, with how he does update the Dojo, I would expect it as an update b4 something else.
I know, but there could be something that Sakurai kept hidden from yall at E for All

SiegK

Smash Champion
I know, but there could be something that Sakurai kept hidden from yall at E for All
I really dont think so. They wouldnt put uncompleted characters for the demo.

Anyway. SiD, guys, whoever. the Comic is done. But Im not gunna post it until i have a title. Im just thinking of a name, but it is done.

Ill probably post by next page.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Haven't quite seen you for a while SiegK. Already know your explanation for why. But you should have seen the mess that has gone while you were not here. Did you know no more Ridley threads can be made and that R.I.D.L.E.Y. can't even get much of a place on Smashboards except a few that survived plus newer members who also did survive?

SiegK

Smash Champion
Haven't quite seen you for a while SiegK. Already know your explanation for why. But you should have seen the mess that has gone while you were not here. Did you know no more Ridley threads can be made and that R.I.D.L.E.Y. can't even get much of a place on Smashboards except a few that survived plus newer members who also did survive?
Yeah, Ive been back for about 4 days now, watching. SiD gave me the low down on the whole situation.
So whats up SM. Lol. (That sounds so wrong for a nickname)

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
Funny stuff man. I think everyone wonders about the Yoshi thing. My favorite frame is the Bob-omb from the Mario movie. Priceless.

Repryx

Smash Champion
Lolz @ the Comic but if it comes True...SeigK Im comin after you *true as in Sonic decides to follow snake and commit suicide w/ fox's gun*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom