• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiD

Smash Master
These guys are frauds... I am in lawschool and if they are releasing sensitive information about Nintendo, then they have likely broken a non-disclosure agreement and can be sued by Nintendo in a civil court. The only way is if they had the consent of Sakurai or some other high up.
Oh yes, because no information ever gets leaked.

I'm skeptical as well, but if they are telling the truth, they have been careful to not gives clues as to their sources identities. So your wrong, they can't get sued if they are anonymous.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
I was just informed of this news recently and I didn't think anyone would believe me if I posted it and I would get banned real fast like that one guy a while back (BrawlMessenger I think it was) got banned real fast. Of course, he was lying and I'm not, but I didn't see a point in it if I would get banned so fast. Then I saw NyaseNya's post and I decided what the heck and I posted to back him up and say what I knew. And for clarification, I haven't heard anything about Captain Olimar yet and I haven't heard of them replacing Snake's attack either. All I can say is about Sonic and the starters.
You are aware that if this turns to be a lie you and Nya are getting banned in your case I doubt you will really care since you just joined the boards.

Shuma

Smash Hero
@Volbound:

Yeah, because they have ALL their personal information in their forum profile........

volbound1700

Smash Master
Oh yes, because no information ever gets leaked.

I'm skeptical as well, but if they are telling the truth, they have been careful to not gives clues as to their sources identities. So your wrong, they can't get sued if they are anonymous.
Well I guess in this situation it wouldn't be as big of a deal since there is no threat to have the information released to a competitor.

I worked with a major Japanese Corporation over the summer (not Nintendo or anything to do with video games) and we did a lot of research and IP, some really cool stuff going on. We were huge in NDAs and trying to protect against leaks and technology stealing. NDAs are legal documents you sign that forbid competitors from using your research and punishes those that leak information.

Not A Naruto Wannabe

Smash Apprentice
As much as it pains me to say it, Sonic is more based on speed and not fighting. I would love to have sonic (and of course an alternate costume of shadow) in brawl, but i do not think he is brawl material. All of his game have been about running. in most stages there is barely any room to run. I love Sonic, but i do not think that Brawl is his place. :(

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
As much as it pains me to say it, Sonic is more based on speed and not fighting. I would love to have sonic (and of course an alternate costume of shadow) in brawl, but i do not think he is brawl material. All of his game have been about running. in most stages there is barely any room to run. I love Sonic, but i do not think that Brawl is his place. :(
Yeah, I'm sure EVERYONE in Smash is made for fighting...

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Ahem. Sorry about that guys. I had to get that out of my system.

Okay. So, Sonic isn't "Brawl" material because his games are based on how fast you get from point A to point B. Then how do you explain characters like G&W or Captain Falcon from Melee? G&W comes from a series of handheld minigames that involve everything BUT fighting. Captain Falcon comes from a series that's---hey, wouldn't you know it?---all about racing and SPEED.

I don't see where your logic fits, NANW. Sonic is a great candidate for Brawl. There's a plethora of games that Sonic has starred in that Sakurai and Company can draw from---and I'm not even speaking of the craptastic 3-D outings, either. Not just those. The old school games have many different things from which to draw from. Sonic 3's various shield moves, like the Fire Shield's Aerial Spindash, is a great example. There's also Sonic the Fighters and Sonic Battle, which provides a great template for A moves. So, yeah.

>.>;

Sonic for Brawl.

Smooth Criminal

The Director

Smash Lord
Well, if you think about it...having Jigglypuff announced as an unlockable before the game actually comes out makes a lot of sense. Jigglypuff is a good tossaway unlockable, and not a very big surprise.

I honestly thought that this trailer would come at E For All...we'll see, though. Does this mean that we'll get this info on the Dojo tomorrow night for the Wednesday update? That works perfectly for me...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Sonic games also have him fighting Giant Robots...I don't see how he couldn't fight in Brawl if he can fight against Giant Robots

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Sonic games also have him fighting Giant Robots...I don't see how he couldn't fight in Brawl if he can fight against Giant Robots
Got that right. If these guys turn out to be liars about Sonic's Wednesday update, things wouldn't go so well for them here. Sonic for Brawl!

BlueWave

Smash Apprentice
Well, if you think about it...having Jigglypuff announced as an unlockable before the game actually comes out makes a lot of sense. Jigglypuff is a good tossaway unlockable, and not a very big surprise.

I honestly thought that this trailer would come at E For All...we'll see, though. Does this mean that we'll get this info on the Dojo tomorrow night for the Wednesday update? That works perfectly for me...
You didn't think you'd get Sonic's announcement without a trailer, did you? As for a trailer at E for All, who knows, they might also have another trailer there. All I know is that they will have a demo playable, so I would think they would just stick with the one trailer this Wednesday.

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
As much as it pains me to say it, Sonic has actually had a fighting game of his very own. It was even in a 'proper' fighting game style, like much like the classic Fighting Vipers and Virtua Fighter games, which are generally MUCH slower than what Smash Brothers is used to, so I have a pretty good feeling that Sonic is more than able to fight in Melee... also, I think Sonic should be able to control how fast he walks and runs, don't you?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_the_Fighters

Also, I'd like to enlighten you on the fact that quite a lot of characters in Smash Brothers shouldn't really fit in Smash... Captain Falcon and Fox had previously only shown driving/piloting expertise before Super Smash Brothers, as a light example. Also, isn't Smash Brothers all about bringing characters that don't normally fit together into a special fighting tournament?

So yes, Sonic can actually fit into Brawl really well. The fact that he's already going head-to-head with Mario in the Olympic Games proves that he can blend in just fine, and also acts as evidence for him having a good chance of actually making it... hopefully these sources that have risen today will be correct and Nintendo announces Sonic on Wednesday! :p

Not A Naruto Wannabe

Smash Apprentice
I see where you are going with the Sonic 3 shields, Smooth.

Maybe i should have worded my post a little better...

The BEST Sonic games he has been running the whole time and that was his original purpose. But, mario also used to clean scum out of pipes and now hes saving Peaches ace every new mario game and obviously fights in brawl. Say it IS sonic's time to "graduate" from running games. Sure he would make a great addition to brawl, but what would happen to his later games? Take Sonic Heroes (shudders) the game is mostly about fighting with some excuses for grinding and jumping in there... Shadow the Hedgehog - heard that it wasnt that great either. Never played it, but mostly about fighting.

Or, my best idea yet, they could use their creative Nintendo brains to make sonic both run AND fight. That would be awesome and satisfy us all.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Or they could just have him a fast fighter with moves from his games...that would work for smash...I don't see how Sonic could not work

Wazoo21

Smash Apprentice
I absolutely want Sonic (and Shadow too, as an alt costume. =)) in Brawl. Sure, he's about speed a lot.

*Cough Fox Cough*

So, I suppose that any characters from Racing/Speed-Oriented games *Cough Falcon Cough* aren't SSB material? Lol.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i'm still not sure about bluewave's alleged "source". i may of gone overboard on the plagarism bit, but i still find it odd you posted it after the other guy, but you gave your reasons.

but i don't believe anything until either Nintendo OR the Dojo shows it. i'm not calling you a liar, but i'm not calling you truthful either

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Ok BlueWave, I have a few questions:

1) If they are going to release all this info about Sonic and a trailer, why would they release it all on the MORNING before the actual event started? Wouldn't it kind of kill the purpose of holding the event?

2)...and what's the deal with Sheik and Ness? Lolz I have to know, are they back or not?

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
well, the conference would be taking place in Japan, right? so it would be taking place while we're sleeping, they show the vid before the update in japan...

there you go, i answered the first part for him

SonicMario

Smash Master
I may be thinking that if they put it up, they'd either do it on wednesday or thursday. IDK, Psycho said something about it earlier.
And why do you guys have to start big discussions when it's time for me to go to bed?:cry: (jk btw)

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
well, the conference would be taking place in Japan, right? so it would be taking place while we're sleeping, they show the vid before the update in japan...

there you go, i answered the first part for him
Oh! Alright. Haha. I thought EforAll was an American event. Had I known that I wouldn't have asked that question. Thanks colbusman.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
cause i like the night life...i like to boogie (bad So I Married an Axe Murderer reference)

still, remember E3? they posted the update early cause of the vid. you gotta think it was probably morning for Japan when it updated, so they saw it when they woke up. Sakurai would have the vid ready and everything. just have to upload onto the net

EDIT: dyce, wednesday isn't E for All. E for All is an American event, but the "alleged" event we're hearing is like Nintendo World...just Nintendo doing their own thing

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Ok, I thought so. Dammit, people confuse me. I don't need this, I'm none too bright as it is. :******:

But does everyone remember that letter posted on Smashbrawl about something at EforAll that involved Brawl and the revealing of a character that "Sega fans will be excited for"? Sonic isn't all that popular in Japan, why would they bring him out there and not in EforAll in America like it was previously stated? I know it's up to them and all, they do have the final decision, but it just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

And if we're getting this update for Sonic and we're following the E3 trend, we should be getting him around 12:00 in the morning on Thursday?

...this is all just so ridiculous. I hope this doesn't turn out to be some big ploy to get our hopes up at the very end.

EDIT:
It probably would have been better if BlueWave and NyaNanononene (whatever that name was) never opened this can-o'-worms in the first place. All this anticipation is really unnecessary and is raising my blood pressure substantially.

Garuda

Smash Ace
The e-mail was a short-lived hoax. They even said that on the official website... well, somewhere there.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why is all the new heroes and villains hedgehogs...what happened when all the new characters introduced were different animals!?!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah, he's Sonic in black. Alternate costume? Yes.

And Psycho, they've had two hedgehogs. Shadow in 2001, and Silver last year. Not that many.
There was the other villain that looked like shadow but was all black...same game as silver I think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom